• OK, it's on.
  • Please note that many, many Email Addresses used for spam, are not accepted at registration. Select a respectable Free email.
  • Done now. Domine miserere nobis.

The Back Story For My Screen Name.

Chad

Prolific Member
Local time
Yesterday 10:07 PM
-->
But what if you haven't the time to perform an in-depth analysis, or what if you want to identify which hypothesis of type is the most likely to be true so that you don't waste your time hunting for Ni in an Si-dom?

-Duxwing

Honestly, I don't know I don't have this issue as I am almost never busy because I make it a principle not to be too busy.

However, if your life is more complicated than mine then I am not sure what you need to do. You could let others guess but it truly only a guess at this point. Someone who has talent at this may be right more then they are wrong however, I am not sure yet how to differ those who have a nack for typology and those that believe they have a nack.

I personally do not have a talent for typing other people. This doesn't mean I don't try. Right now its a hobby and I find if quite fun especially when people try to argue it with me. Even though I am honest about not knowing what the hell I am doing and the subject matter is extremely subjective.

I try not to type actual people on the forums because they may easily take offense to my novice approach. However, I have no problem typing famous or historical figures.

Duxwing

I've Overcome Existential Despair
Local time
-->
Honestly, I don't know I don't have this issue as I am almost never busy because I make it a principle not to be too busy.

That's where visual typing comes in.

However, if your life is more complicated than mine then I am not sure what you need to do. You could let others guess but it truly only a guess at this point. Someone who has talent at this may be right more then they are wrong however, I am not sure yet how to differ those who have a nack for typology and those that believe they have a nack.

I personally do not have a talent for typing other people. This doesn't mean I don't try. Right now its a hobby and I find if quite fun especially when people try to argue it with me. Even though I am honest about not knowing what the hell I am doing and the subject matter is extremely subjective.

I try not to type actual people on the forums because they may easily take offense to my novice approach. However, I have no problem typing famous or historical figures.

You needn't guess: Auburn has developed the means by which to type visually.

-Duxwing

Montresor

Banned
Local time
Yesterday 8:07 PM
-->
That's where visual typing comes in.

You needn't guess: Auburn has developed the means by which to type visually.

Looks like they've developed a system by which to visually identify when an individual has a judging function activated and when they have a perceiving function activated.

They have compiled a list of visual cues to identify what function is working at a given time. It's hardly as objective as they want it to be unfortunately. It's right up the INTP alley-way because it's very abstract. Each visual cue must play a role in a larger contextual tapestry to be properly identified in their system. It always opens the doors to subjectivity.

It looks really good right now, I guess it's cutting edge? It's hard to disagree with it @Chad you should take the time to read it through, and watch some of the videos they made.

At the end of the day the message is still to leave the typing up to the experts.

Chad

Prolific Member
Local time
-->
While I find Auburn's ideas fascinating they are far form facts. They are just a theory that he is using. From what I have seen there is less evidence to support visual typing then there is to support MBTI. This is not to say that what Auburn has created isn't fascinating. However, as a rationally minded person I would need to see a study were someone actually used Auburn's methods for typing cognitive functions successfully over a large range of variant factors and people groups.

From what I have seen in this methods some of the indicators can be lost or over exaggerated due to other none personality related factors. Things like Race, Gender, Culture, Deformities, and illness can and do effect facial features and mannerisms. How you address these issues is very important to the over all success of visual typing. I no some people claim that it is better at predicting cognitive types MBTI however, form what I have read on the issue there has been not test that actually validates these results.

Auburn has when a long way at explaining the indicators that people who do Visual typing look for but for me at least this would still constitute a guess even if it may be an educated guess.

Chad

Prolific Member
Local time
-->
Looks like they've developed a system by which to visually identify when an individual has a judging function activated and when they have a perceiving function activated.

They have compiled a list of visual cues to identify what function is working at a given time. It's hardly as objective as they want it to be unfortunately. It's right up the INTP alley-way because it's very abstract. Each visual cue must play a role in a larger contextual tapestry to be properly identified in their system. It always opens the doors to subjectivity.

It looks really good right now, I guess it's cutting edge? It's hard to disagree with it @Chad you should take the time to read it through, and watch some of the videos they made.

At the end of the day the message is still to leave the typing up to the experts.

Using the Cues described by Auburn I myself would most likely not be typed as a INTP. My facial structure is distorted by the fact that I am and a chunky person I have been all my life. My voice is distorted because I have dealt with hearing problems my whole life. My Eyes would be very hard to see because I have sensitivity to light and my eyes or normally half close to compensate. (I look like I am always high but I am not.)

I also move around a fidget when I am talking I am almost never sitting/standing still. This is due to my ADHD.

I am waiting for Auburn to put of the video for ENTP or NeTi as maybe I have more cues associated with this. As I have said before I believe that I am borderline INTP/ENTP.

Solitaire U.

Last of the V-8 Interceptors
Local time
Yesterday 7:07 PM
-->
(Regarding the name...)

All I could come up with was something approximating 'The Ripe Farts'. Actually, I lie...that was my 9 year old son's assessment, but it was much better than mine.

Cherry Cola

Banned
Local time
Today 2:07 AM
-->
I think it's best to refrain from typing at all if it isn't done with certainty, one shouldnt fall into the habit of taking typing lightly and one shouldnt overrestimate ones ability to type quickly

the risk is that you end up in a loop were one incorrect typing is used to confirm another by similarity or contrast and all of a sudden... auburn-arbitrariness

that being said, a video from chad wouldnt hurt its just icing on the cake since people are familiar with him : O

TimeAsylums

Prolific Member
Local time
-->
UfarkTheRipe
....^.........^

, firk* [The Rape]

[] = isolated

[U frak** The Ripe]

frak** was used to replace fuck in Battlestar Galactica
ergo...

[U fuck** the ripe]
and going along with my first '*' tidbit

[U rape* the ripe]

Going along with this I infer that you have some sort of mental pathology, Freud would say you hate your mother, but let us dig deeper.

The 'ripe' either refers to a woman on her menstrual cycle, or a girl coming into puberty.

I deduce that you are not of sound mind and you should turn yourself into the authorities.

voila.

Ne-Ti.

UfarkTheRipe

Insectile Projectile
Local time
-->
I think it's best to refrain from typing at all if it isn't done with certainty, one shouldnt fall into the habit of taking typing lightly and one shouldnt overrestimate ones ability to type quickly

the risk is that you end up in a loop were one incorrect typing is used to confirm another by similarity or contrast and all of a sudden... auburn-arbitrariness

that being said, a video from chad wouldnt hurt its just icing on the cake since people are familiar with him : O

I am.

UfarkTheRipe
....^.........^

, firk* [The Rape]

[] = isolated

[U frak** The Ripe]

frak** was used to replace fuck in Battlestar Galactica
ergo...

[U fuck** the ripe]
and going along with my first '*' tidbit

[U rape* the ripe]

Going along with this I infer that you have some sort of mental pathology, Freud would say you hate your mother, but let us dig deeper.

The 'ripe' either refers to a woman on her menstrual cycle, or a girl coming into puberty.

I deduce that you are not of sound mind and you should turn yourself into the authorities.

voila.

Ne-Ti.

Are you following me?

Top Bottom