• OK, it's on.
  • Please note that many, many Email Addresses used for spam, are not accepted at registration. Select a respectable Free email.
  • Done now. Domine miserere nobis.

"Sorry x is a moderator/admin and you are not allowed to ignore him or her."

Status
Not open for further replies.

420MuNkEy

Banned
Local time
Today 3:11 AM
-->
Fucking seriously? Sure, direct messages or something, I can understand that, but why should I have to view posts of idiotic trolls that happened to have been made a moderator?

The Gopher

President
Local time
Today 8:11 PM
-->
Hmm now I need to find a sub-forum to moderate

EyeSeeCold

lust for life
Local time
Today 2:11 AM
-->
KznQTgb.gif

420MuNkEy

Banned
Local time
-->
Here's a userscript to fix this oversight. It deletes the posts of whoever you specify in the selector after page loads (just put their numerical user id after member.php?u= )

Code:
// ==UserScript==
// @name        Fuck Certain People
// @namespace   null
// @description Ignore anyone you want
// @include     *://intpforum.com/showthread.php?t=*
// @include     *://www.intpforum.com/showthread.php?t=*
// @version     1
// @grant       none
// ==/UserScript==

(function() {
    var posts = document.querySelectorAll("a.bigusername[href='member.php?u=']");

for (var i = 0, j = posts.length; i < j; i++) {
        var post = posts[i].parentNode.parentNode.parentNode.parentNode.parentNode.parentNode.parentNode.parentNode.parentNode;
        post.parentNode.removeChild(post);
    }
})();

Ex-User (9086)

Prolific Member
Local time
Today 9:11 AM
-->
Lol. Another irrelevant issue to rage about, you must be living a pretty uneventful life.

Sorry I don't feel sorry.

420MuNkEy

Banned
Local time
-->
Lol. Another irrelevant issue to rage about, you must be living a pretty uneventful life.

Irrelevant to whom? You? That's a solid approach to moderation/administration... also a wrong one. It's relevant to you in the sense that you're a moderator and public shit-flinging caused by the inability to ignore an antagonist is certainly within the sphere of relevance to a moderator.

I'm not asking for your sorrow or sympathy, I'm simply reporting an issue (and also providing a band-aid solution to anyone with the same problem).

Also, it's distinctly not rage. I just swear. That does not automatically translate to fucking rage. At most it's mild irritation that a feature I was successfully using for months no longer worked and had to be worked around.

tl;dr: Go fuck yourself. ;)

The Gopher

President
Local time
Today 8:11 PM
-->

To be fair. If someone is made the mod of a sub-forum for whatever reason. (Like if a bunch of people needed powers to host mafia games for instance) Then unless all of them weren't contentious in anyway..... it might cause trouble for people who previously ignored them. Particularly when ignoring people is a good way to avoid conflict.

I mean for example RB is technically a mod. I don't think it's unfair to say a few people have split opinions on him and that's fine. However suddenly the freedom to ignore him is gone. Now personally I find it hilarious however I have enough empathy to understand it's a legitimate complaint in certain circumstances.

To be clear this isn't an attack on you.

Jennywocky

Tacky Flamingo
Local time
Today 5:11 AM
-->
Hmmm. Yeah, I suppose if someone is just a subforum mod (which applies to what? one guy?) then yeah, a small source of consternation.

On the other hand, it's just kind of the way it is. You might consider a particular cop an asshat, but you still have to be aware of the sirens and flashing lights rather than being able to block them out. it's kind of the cost of living in society. It just might seem exacerbated here with such a small membership, so the percentage of active members who are staff (and where staff very often are part of the active forum discussions) feels much higher than on large sites.

Ex-User (9086)

Prolific Member
Local time
-->
Now personally I find it hilarious however I have enough empathy to understand it's a legitimate complaint in certain circumstances.

To be clear this isn't an attack on you.
I also understand it can be a problem and I can empathise with Munkey, but we can't help it, I don't have access to this page's source, I can only alter plugins and minor settings. Only Ragnar who is almost never here has access to the hosting end.

The way Munkey phrases his complaints leaves me free to remorselessly laugh in his face tbh. Thanks for trying to be helpful even if I already knew that.
I'm not asking for your sorrow or sympathy, I'm simply reporting an issue (and also providing a band-aid solution to anyone with the same problem).

Also, it's distinctly not rage. I just swear. That does not automatically translate to fucking rage. At most it's mild irritation that a feature I was successfully using for months no longer worked and had to be worked around.
I know you condescending shit. You absolutely have to speak like an annoying twat, the sort I'd shoot the instant I had it in my sights.
tl;dr: Go fuck yourself. ;)
Do yourself a pleasure and fuck yourself dumb so that I don't have to listen to you again dear sir. ;) :) <3

I may look into settings for that sort of thing later when I get my unlimited internet connection installed, right now I'm on metered bandwidth and it's too slow to work with and obv. too precious to waste on that.

Grayman

Soul Shade
Local time
Today 2:11 AM
-->
How are so many smart people so dumb?

You don't need to write code or design a system in order to ignore someone. Just ignore them.

Ex-User (9086)

Prolific Member
Local time
-->
How are so many smart people so dumb?

You don't need to write code or design a system in order to ignore someone. Just ignore them.
Writing code isn't an indication of smarts, same with ignoring. Both are more hints that the person has patience or self-control necessary to acquire technical proficiency or ignore messages on a forum.

Thread closed. I'll communicate with Munkey via PM if I manage to make any progress with his request.

Gathering is over, return to your huts, tend to your cattle folks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom