• OK, it's on.
  • Please note that many, many Email Addresses used for spam, are not accepted at registration. Select a respectable Free email.
  • Done now. Domine miserere nobis.

Shorter Typology test

Artsu Tharaz

The Lamb
Local time
Tomorrow 1:30 AM
-->
You've made a thread for this before - is this the same draw-up that you had previously, or has it been updated?

edit: the link is the same, so I take it that this thread is the same basically as what you've already posted?

Kimani

Local time
Today 4:30 PM
-->
But it's a new updated test. I want people to take the newer version of the test here in the test forum.

QuickTwist

Spiritual "Woo"
Local time
Today 10:30 AM
-->
But it's a new updated test. I want people to take the newer version of the test here in the test forum.

Is this one once again one that I have to score myself?

Artsu Tharaz

The Lamb
Local time
-->
Alright. Still though, it could be added to an existing thread.

I skimmed through the test, and I would say that I am a mix of 1 and 2, probably moreso in 2. I can be very ideas focused and speak in a somewhat monotonous, almost intellectual manner, however I place more of my identity in my tendency to do what is right by other people.

onesteptwostep

Junior Hegelian
Local time
Tomorrow 12:30 AM
-->
To be frank the test is geared towards Ti users. The questions starting from the top narrows down into the author itself.

Artsu Tharaz

The Lamb
Local time
-->
To be frank the test is geared towards Ti users. The questions starting from the top narrows down into the author itself.

What do you mean by this? How can a test be geared towards Ti users?

Kimani

Local time
-->
I think he was trying to say that since I'm an introverted thinker the test is automatically geared towards introverted thinkers which isn't true. The older of the two women who developed the Myers Briggs indicator was an INF but that doesn't mean their test was geared towards introverts.

Artsu Tharaz

The Lamb
Local time
-->
I think he was trying to say that since I'm an introverted thinker the test is automatically geared towards introverted thinkers which isn't true. The older of the two women who developed the Myers Briggs indicator was an INF but that doesn't mean their test was geared towards introverts.

Hmm well I guess any test will to some extent be biased by the thinking style of its creator, but is there anyway that that can be helped aside from using multiple creators for the test (or at least input from multiple people)?

I suppose he thinks you've included too much of your own behavioural tendencies in your choices of question? I could be mistaken.

Kimani

Local time
-->
But the funny thing is the child psychiatrist who helped me write and develop the test is an extrovert.

redbaron

irony based lifeform
Local time
-->
This test is actually longer

Dorian Tullus

Greenshirt
Local time
-->
way too long, self score, predictable, and unfashionable

disliked and reported

Kimani

Local time
-->
The old test was self score and people still took it and posted their scores. I want people to post their scores. I just don't have the means right now to have an interactive site where you don't have to self score.

Kimani

Local time
-->
Here is some of what is going to be on the proposal that I am submitting:

"I think college students would be the proper setting for this study. I plan on having the assessment given to students in personality psychology, tests and measurements, and abnormal psychology classes. Personality psychology offers a solid background in theories of personality development. This area of psychology seeks to understand personality and how it varies among individuals as well as how people are similar. Personality disorders are assessed, diagnosed and treated. My theory seeks to understand personality and diagnose personality disorders. Tests and measurements covers theories on testing and measurement of psychological constructs and knowledge of measurement theory which includes reliability and validity. My theory is also a method of testing. Abnormal psychology topics studied include mood disorders, personality disorders, and the assessment and diagnosis of these disorders. My theory deals with mood and personality disorders and the assessment and diagnosis of mood and personality disorders."

Kimani

Local time
-->
The proposal is almost finished. Will be submitting it to DC Public Schools research division next month. We are trying to get it approved to be field tested at universities.

AndyC

Hm?
Local time
-->
80 on designer, highest.

Kimani

Local time
-->
So it seems as if Shorter Typology has gone viral. This is incredible. Hundreds and Thousands of people are looking at the site everyday. Someone is taking it every minute. I'm on the front page of dozens and dozens of psychology google searches. Going on these Myers Briggs forums and Typology Central really paid off. It's amazing how you can put something on the Internet and within a few years it snowballs and takes off and becomes this huge thing.

QuickTwist

Spiritual "Woo"
Local time
Today 10:30 AM
-->
D = 93
P = 73
C = 69

Kimani

Local time
-->
I was agreeing with someone on another forum who said that it is more general than Myers Briggs. It is a lot more broad and not as specific as the Myers Briggs. But it deals with the subconscious mind which Myers Briggs doesn't really seem to. I mean introversion and extroversion are things that people are very conscious of about themselves. They don't really have anything to do with the subconscious.

Kimani

Local time
-->
Hey even if you guys are still complaining about self score it’s half as long :cute:

Kimani

Local time
-->
Well I have a social worker director at a community center who has a masters in social services

who is doing the rest of the leg work for me

he’s going to be doing the validity testing plan that was helped with by the group home supervisor

Good evening Mr. Short,

I finished your test and I have to say that I really enjoyed reading your essay and completing your test. I'll be out of the office for the remaining of the week and I'll be returning Monday 11/22/21. Please, if you are available, stop by the center this upcoming Monday 11/22/21 at 11:00am. I can meet with you for 1 hour to go over my results and to talk about how I can assist you with your project.

Best Regards,
Mario Cirilo
Site Director
Queenstown Community Center
In Partnership with Community Services Foundation

scorpiomover

The little professor
Local time
-->
The proposal is almost finished. Will be submitting it to DC Public Schools research division next month. We are trying to get it approved to be field tested at universities.
If you want to field test it, then the best way would be a double-blind randomised controlled trial with patients who have already been diagnosed with the relevant disorders.

Their relevant scores of the various disorders according to the DSM, are probably on record. They should correspond to their scores for the relevant archetypes on your test.

As disorders tend to have a high level of comorbidity, you can expect that patients with multiple disorders would have multiple archetypes.

Your control group would be those patients who have been diagnosed with such low DMS scores of other disorders, that we can be reasonably confident that they don't have those disorders, and in those, you should see extremely low scores for the relevant archetypes for the disorders they do not have.

Kimani

Local time
-->
That’s what I’m doing with this Mario guy who works at a community center
He’s helping me with the rest of the validity testing

he has masters is social services so he can give tests like this

Kimani

Local time
-->
He’s just going to pull together a bunch of kids high on the spectrum and do the rest of the leg work for me

Kimani

Local time
-->
I was told by a psychologist few years ago that as far as reliability testing going in these forums and collecting samples is legit but as far as validity testing you need someone like this guy im working with now

Kimani

Local time
-->
Well I spoke with him today and he said it’s a good sign cus they have new grant and my work would come under the new grant as far as him helping me and having me as a vendor

Kimani

Local time
-->
I’ve made lot of progress last time I was here

Got UDC a local university involved

Was introduced to a grad school dean there by an office counselor

Also got a group home supervisor to help with the validity testing plan.

Got Montgomery county schools system peer review as well as Dr Ballard a psychologist from a local clinic to help shape the test

Top Bottom