• OK, it's on.
  • Please note that many, many Email Addresses used for spam, are not accepted at registration. Select a respectable Free email.
  • Done now. Domine miserere nobis.

Scientology

Carinthian

Local time
Today 5:39 AM
-->
Please post youre stance on this subject. I myself find it rather hard to believe that an evil galactic warlord/emperator named Xanorr brought millions of aliens to earth in airplanes, than massed them around our volcanoes and killed them all.

And humans evolved from clams? No.

Inappropriate Behavior

is peeing on the carpet
Local time
Today 12:39 AM
-->
I believe I called it the religion easiest to make fun of in that thread.

Zealot

Local time
-->
I find it all very silly. It's also suspicious that inorder to achieve more enlightenment, you're required to pay more and more money to the church.

del

Randomly Generated
Local time
Yesterday 9:39 PM
-->
It's a ridiculous cult, but to be fair I don't find it that much more odd than the belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree.

Local time
-->
It is a belief that is for those with a fatuous imagination. The religion's history and beliefs are considered mysterious, which might attract those with an inquisitive mind. Certain people are easily manipulated into spending money for answers. They attain a degree of knowledge with each promotion and crave further knowledge, requiring them to purchase another promotion for them to reach it. The individual wants the whole truth, not merely fragments of it. People want a clear picture of a concept in which they are interested.

It is also an ideal religion for wealthy individuals that wish to achieve a high position within a hierarchy system for an increased sense of importance. The wealthy individuals are capable of attaining a high rank fast with their money and using their new position as influence on aspects of their life. For example, it is easier for higher members of a hierarchy system to exploit those of a lower class. It is clear that the people at the top of Scientiology manipulate those below for money. They profit for simply adopting a belief and feigning faith in it. Perhaps the businessman that raises himself to the top will profit in the long-term. I would not be surprised if Tom Cruise was bribed into becoming a member to increase the religion's publicity.

Chimera

To inanity and beyond
Local time
-->
It's a ridiculous cult, but to be fair I don't find it that much more odd than the belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree.

I could die happy after reading that. Thank you.

I don't really have anything to add to the thread. Scientology is a scam and it's fun to laugh at. It's also kind of sad, too, because it shows how desperate some people are to not think for themselves.

Zealot

Local time
-->

Haha, that's genius. I've also seen literal things like that against athiesm, and scientific theory, but we know that that's actually true. :P

Vexbeast

Local time
Today 4:39 PM
-->
I don't really find people doing completely ridiculous things funny, so I don't care to learn enough about it to shun it... <.<

Or most religions for that matter.

Spacedoubt

Redshirt
Local time
Yesterday 9:39 PM
-->
A science fiction writer tells his friends that the best way to get wealthy would be to invent a religion. Then he does. In this religion, you need to pay cash for your soul to advance spiritually.

That's just awful.

It preys on weak-minded people.

Local time
-->
A science fiction writer tells his friends that the best way to get wealthy would be to invent a religion. Then he does. In this religion, you need to pay cash for your soul to advance spiritually.

That's just awful.

It preys on weak-minded people.

People want the next chapter of their story.

anemian

Local time
Yesterday 11:39 PM
-->
A science fiction writer thinks: "whatever I write is true somewhere". Then starts a religion.

Artifice Orisit

In reverse that implies that there is a writer somewhere that is responsible for our lives.

I wonder what would happen I a writer wrote a story about people who discovered and killed their writer?

Anling

Local time
Yesterday 10:39 PM
-->
In reverse that implies that there is a writer somewhere that is responsible for our lives.

I wonder what would happen I a writer wrote a story about people who discovered and killed their writer?

I actually read a comic where that happened, sort of. Things got pretty weird for them.

Artifice Orisit

While typing at the computer a portal opens up behind the writer and the furious conceptual beings from Cognisant's mind reach through, only to be defeated in hand to hand combat.

*looks over shoulder*

Nothing happened? I wonder why?

Local time
-->
George Lucas should have established a true Jedi religion with his movies. He would be far wealthier and have a high number of geeky zealots to support him.

Local time
-->
But the Sith & trash-bag Vader would try to kill him.

The followers of George Lucas would be there to protect him from the Sith with their 'lightsabers' and 'force powers'.

Anling

Local time
Yesterday 10:39 PM
-->
I have heard that quite a few people in the last census put jedi as their religious affiliation. Not that I have bothered to check this rumor, but it is amusing.

Legionnaire

Local time
-->
Scientology: X-Files meets christianity with Fox Mulder as their leader

echoplex

Happen.
Local time
-->
There is no better way to get rid of harmful body thetans. It really works!

So, in light of this, I have decided to invent something called Zimpods. They are really harmful and are responsible for all human suffering and evil in the world. You already have them, and have had them for years without knowing. They will freaking kill you.

Now you know.

BUT there is something you can do about it! Join my religion for only three easy payments of $49.99! It's the only proven way to get rid of Zimpods once and for all. How else would you ever be able to rid yourself of the one true evil I pulled out of my ass? Christianity? Buddhism? NO! They don't even mention Zimpods in their literature. The Bible doesn't even recognize their existence!

But just think, you can be the first among your friends and family to be free of this sickness that they haven't even heard of! You'll be able to brag to them for years how you're free of the tyranny of Zimpods for good! Call now!

Echoplexism is not reponsible for any lost, stolen, or imaginary Zimpods that may attack you after joining. Initial starting fee only covers Zimpod prevention for 3 years, after which, any Zimpods that form spontaneously in your imaginiation or adapt biologically as the result of any of our other products are the sole responsibility of the consumer and cannot be used for the refund of any fees. We are not responsible for verification of the existence of Zimpods since such knowledge was given to us in a dream, which we all know makes it totally true. Results may vary.

Call within the next 10 minutes and receive an additional Zimpod Blaster/Bug spray! A limited time offer! Hurry!

©2009, Echo Religions, Ltd. Provider of arbitrary belief systems woldwide since 1897!

Chronomar

NOPE
Local time
-->
I am angry that it used the word "science" in such a non-science-y way.

Tyria

Ryuusa bakuryuu
Local time
Today 6:39 AM
-->
Maybe they will include more words in the religion to make them seem more legitimate:

The People Friendly Democratic Capitalistic Utilitarian Church of Scientology.

See, that makes it much better...

Top Bottom