• OK, it's on.
  • Please note that many, many Email Addresses used for spam, are not accepted at registration. Select a respectable Free email.
  • Done now. Domine miserere nobis.

Revolutions

buteco

Redshirt
Local time
Today 2:27 AM
-->
Historically, the greatest changes on history happened through revolutions made by men and by nature. The ones made by men happened because something wasnt good for them, like the french and russian revolutions,the american civil war,etc. However,if something is slightly good, or tolerable, that will to change kinda dies, and thats whats happening today. Governments arent good enough to help their own people, they wont make their life better too,just good enough to work. The great revolutions happened because the people on power that time were dumb enough to make the situation of their own people intolerable.But men are historical, so are science,religion,moralism and governments. This way, the people on power, which are essentialy us, that are a reflex of historical processes, adapted to survive,will create a way of exploring people that make them unable to fight back, and thats how society will progress. And that progress will be seen as success. And this success will be shown as how good is the time that we are living, and future families will teach their children on how worse was back then, and how we are getting better everyday. Even though injustice probably have got bigger compared to the past, due to the amount of technology and resources we can get. How do we fight it? We can begin stop believing that there is a blame to it all. We can begin seeing ourselves as part of the problem, since we biologically evolved by killing other animals or being killed.PS: I believe that a pessimist analysis makes the best actions

walfin

Democrazy
Local time
Today 1:27 PM
-->
Historically, the greatest changes on history happened through revolutions made by men and by nature. The ones made by men happened because something wasnt good for them, like the french and russian revolutions,the american civil war,etc. However,if something is slightly good, or tolerable, that will to change kinda dies, and thats whats happening today. Governments arent good enough to help their own people, they wont make their life better too,just good enough to work. The great revolutions happened because the people on power that time were dumb enough to make the situation of their own people intolerable.But men are historical, so are science,religion,moralism and governments. This way, the people on power, which are essentialy us, that are a reflex of historical processes, adapted to survive,will create a way of exploring people that make them unable to fight back, and thats how society will progress. And that progress will be seen as success. And this success will be shown as how good is the time that we are living, and future families will teach their children on how worse was back then, and how we are getting better everyday. Even though injustice probably have got bigger compared to the past, due to the amount of technology and resources we can get. How do we fight it? We can begin stop believing that there is a blame to it all. We can begin seeing ourselves as part of the problem, since we biologically evolved by killing other animals or being killed.PS: I believe that a pessimist analysis makes the best actions
Well, perhaps democracy has simply made revolutions less bloody.

If one considers the primary purpose of a national revolution to be a change in regime, then democracies arguably effect a revolution with every change in government, just without the bloodshed. Perhaps there has been a slow, gradual, maybe even barely noticeable trend towards improved governance with every democratic election.

buteco

Redshirt
Local time
Today 2:27 AM
-->
Well, perhaps democracy has simply made revolutions less bloody.

If one considers the primary purpose of a national revolution to be a change in regime, then democracies arguably effect a revolution with every change in government, just without the bloodshed. Perhaps there has been a slow, gradual, maybe even barely noticeable trend towards improved governance with every democratic election.
I think that maybe thats exacly what they want you to think. This make people happy with their situation. In democracy, the lower class grows bigger and bigger. I think that what we have, really, as a "democracy", is an oligarchy that has degenerated into a democracy. My point is that unlike other bad regimes that were changed by revolutions, the actual one,that is not really THAT bad, but still people die of hunger and diseases,and crisis happens all over the world,people wont really try to make a revolution against this one. What it looks like is that the regime is slowly taking people out of poverty, when what really is doing that is technology.The regimes could use that WAY better. They could have solved a lot of problems decades ago if they used ANY of the technologies available in the right way. Any other regime where people were slightly smart would have taken a part of people out of poverty for them to think that things are getting better.

redbaron

irony based lifeform
Local time
Today 4:27 PM
-->
Ideally through a representative candidate you'd be able to effectively impact legislative matters as a unified voice. Unionisation and public pressure would ideally protect against abuses and help to usher in paradigm shifts in legislative decision making.

This worked for a while, when the internet and social media weren't as misused and overall the media existed with a greater saturation of independent journalists employing it as a medium to combat the worst enemy of the public: lack of information.

Now the establishment agenda is to instead of restricting information, to simply flood information pipelines with disinformation instead and distort the truth. At this point it's become so effective that media is failing to hold government accountable even for outright corruption in many cases. Independent journalists and those who seek to tell truth are bullied directly or indirectly. The result is that fewer and fewer people who are in journalism to speak truth to power exist, and fewer far-reaching platforms exist for those who still do.

As a result, falsehoods and the seeds of fascism slowly seep into public mentality at the seams.

When it gets to this point, it's time to start revolutionising and holding people in power to account the good old-fashioned French way. With guillotines :)

ZenRaiden

One atom of me
Local time
Today 5:27 AM
-->
Revolutions look good, because they seem more tangible. See they happen and stuff instantly changes not always for better, but often times it can be better.

None revolution change can happen in span of 10 20 100 years and it just seem trivial to people and they think nothing of it.

Look for example at car designs. They change gradually, but I bet you can tell the difference between a car from the 60s and 80s.

Young people are often restless they often feel the things that are bad need to change instantly, but many very good things come with time, because it takes time to build up towards them so they have firm foundation.

Revolutions also build up until they happen its not just out of nowhere or unexpected.

Some things are worth more than revolutions even though they might have come gradually and seamlessly without people kicking and screaming. They simply look less memorable. The same goes for bad change. Ergo a chain of mildly trivial things down the road can lead to huge problems without people even realizing its happening.

We make choices everyday and they may seem trivial, but in reality all decisions may count without us even realizing this.

For example I had a habit of forgetting my keys and locking my self out. I recognized the error. I was always in haste and trying to beat time I always forgot keys. Over time I developed a habit of holding keys in my hand before I close the door. Even when I had keys in my bag I made sure to take them out and hold them in my hand. I always put the keys in lock before I close the door to make double sure I have them. Ever since I have never locked my self out. Being locked out few times was really annoying and it took me time to realize all I need to do is train my new habit to solve the problem.
Forgetting things like these seemed real trivial, but lead to a lot of big problems down the road. Now what my point is this was a trivial thing, but it taught me a lesson that the best solution for problems is making sure you avoid creating them in the first place.

Modern society of people is all about getting fast results which in turn makes people make fast and easy decisions instead of more optimal decisions which in turn leads to people doing lot of trivial stupid mistakes and that in turn leads to problems down the line and suddenly at some point in life creating all these tiny problems all add up and create a whole hurricane of problems. That leads to problems that cannot be resolved quickly and promptly and that leads to frustration and people then become agitated.

redbaron

irony based lifeform
Local time
Today 4:27 PM
-->
many barriers to solutions are artificially imposed political barriers and bureaucracy though

there are a number of robust economic concepts that show positive benefits across the board that are stonewalled to protect the interests of corporate lobbyists and their political ties

it's not that revolution is ideal, but representative democracy in the west relies on journalism to keep people informed. when governments are corrupt, misinformation is such a profitable venture for so many and as a result you can't see meaningful reforms to policy even when they'd benefit the people: well revolution's the only way forward at that point.

scorpiomover

The little professor
Local time
-->
Ideally through a representative candidate you'd be able to effectively impact legislative matters as a unified voice. Unionisation and public pressure would ideally protect against abuses and help to usher in paradigm shifts in legislative decision making.

This worked for a while, when the internet and social media weren't as misused and overall the media existed with a greater saturation of independent journalists employing it as a medium to combat the worst enemy of the public: lack of information.
True democracy was about "one person, one vote".

We used to have representative democracy, because (a) there was no internet. Parliament/Congress could only rely on votes, by people showing up. Most people couldn't get the time off work to attend Parliament/Congress and vote. So we had representatives.

A 2nd reason why we had representative democracy, was that most people were only taught to read, write and do arithmetic, and were working 12 hours a day doing were extremely physical work and were exhausted after work. They didn't have the time or the education to research an issue. So they would elect rich, educated people who didn't have to work that hard, and had the time and education to research an issue.

The internet could have been used to increase democracy. We could have given everyone the power to vote on Parliamentary bills, simply by giving everyone the ability to register their votes through the internet.

Also, today, most people are taught a lot in public schools, and don't work that hard, and only for only 8 hours a day for 5 days a week, or less. Moreover, the internet can give them free access to read bills at their leisure. So they have the time, the education and the access to research issues that will be voted on, and to come to considered opinions.

That didn't happen. So instead the medium of the internet was used to convince people who to vote for instead, by people who wanted to manipulate the general public.

Now the establishment agenda is to instead of restricting information, to simply flood information pipelines with disinformation instead and distort the truth. At this point it's become so effective that media is failing to hold government accountable even for outright corruption in many cases. Independent journalists and those who seek to tell truth are bullied directly or indirectly. The result is that fewer and fewer people who are in journalism to speak truth to power exist, and fewer far-reaching platforms exist for those who still do.

As a result, falsehoods and the seeds of fascism slowly seep into public mentality at the seams.

When it gets to this point, it's time to start revolutionising and holding people in power to account the good old-fashioned French way. With guillotines :)
Anyone can spread false information on the internet, because it's like international waters. Anyone from any country can gain access to it. So the sources that people in your country read, are not tied to any one country, and so your country cannot effectively police them to make sure that they are all honest.

What makes most sense, is that we treat it like international waters, which has international maritime law, and declare the internet similarly, to have its own internet-based code of law, which all countries would then agree to and agree to enforce.

Admittedly, getting all countries to agree on anything tends to be difficult. But it does happen with some parts of some laws. So we only need for now, to get the bits that all nations do agree with, to become part of internet law, and leave the rest to be debated ad nauseum by politicians in the UN, until everyone gets sick of the arguments and agrees to make a decision, just to get something done.

But, then politicians in government and the legislature won't be able to use the internet to gain power. Judges will not longer be the sole abritrator of what is right, wrong, moral and immoral in the cases they preside on. Power will be lost by those who have lots of power in the executive branch, the legislative branch and the judiciary, in every country in the world.

sushi

Prolific Member
Local time
-->
gov by nature must act like a tyrant because it s role its to regulate and minimize human vice, evil violence and corruption, and maintain law and societal order. such role entited it tyrannical powers and greater extension of the policeman. the best hope we can have is minimum tyranny and accoutability to the public.

no revoultion cant change this fact other than abolishing the gov, which in turn will lead to anarachy .

Top Bottom