• OK, it's on.
  • Please note that many, many Email Addresses used for spam, are not accepted at registration. Select a respectable Free email.
  • Done now. Domine miserere nobis.

Remove mention tags from quotes?

walfin

Democrazy
Local time
Tomorrow 3:17 AM
-->
This is a problem.

Oh yeah. You buttheads,

log in and I have loads of new mentions, think I must have said somthing interesting somewhere maybe even a couple somewhere... turns out you're all just quoting and quoting one mention over and over.

I was all "ohhh INTPf :tree01: "

Then was all ":facepalm: of course.... "

Then all " Yeah well :chocor: harumph then."

Then.... ":matrix: yeah, they do love me, they do... cause if they don't... HUURUH :viking: and RWRAARW :hoplite_sword_kill: :hoplite_spear_kill: :icon_pferdehaufen: :kali: "

Love Me

:ninjahide:

Jennywocky

Tacky Flamingo
Local time
Today 3:17 PM
-->
This is a known problem with Mentions on every forum I'm on.

I try to at least pull the @ symbol out of the Quote...

crippli

disturbed
Local time
Today 9:17 PM
-->
Probably an individual problem. Not sure how I did it. But I don't get them as a pop up, only on the post it is written. I got one in December, and some before that. An @ in the post will suffice. I will register that you require extra attention. And if I am able to provide, I will do so. But I found that it wasn't necessary to have them pop up in the right corner, so I turned off the feature. I presume it was in the settings somewhere. That will also prevent it from showing up on the profile page, if one prefer to have it that way, like SpaceYeti writes, the old ways. That's how I have it configured. But I do think it's a handy operator to use in posts. It gives a bit of butterflies, kinda like if one is kissed.

Cavallier

Oh damn.
Local time
Today 12:17 PM
-->
@walfin :D

We turned on mentions about, what, 6 months ago or so? A bunch of members requested it. :rolleyes:

walfin

Democrazy
Local time
-->
@walfin :D

We turned on mentions about, what, 6 months ago or so? A bunch of members requested it. :rolleyes:

Yeah, but surely something can be done to avoid me being Mentioned in a quote unintentionally, like here.

joal0503

Psychedelic INTP
Local time
Today 8:17 PM
-->
How about instead of mentioning, just quote the person? That's worked for decades.

Plural? Well, at least one.

^ I dont get the hooplah over 'mentions', especially when theres a proven tool already available. Quote tags rock.

walfin

Democrazy
Local time
-->
Mentions are meant to draw the other person's attention. Quotes don't give a notification.

BigApplePi

Banned
Local time
Today 3:17 PM
-->
I am grateful for the BigApplePi mention if I forgot I posted on a thread and was eager to see any reply. It gets me back to that thread I would have missed. However quotes don't need the mention, so better to remove it. Not a big deal.

MissQuote

kickin' at a tin can
Local time
Today 12:17 PM
-->
I've been debating whether to comment to this as it is me that was quoted in the OP. Whether I have anything to say to the topic at hand or if I just keep thinking I should come up with something to say since I was quoted, but yet, not mentioned. :P

I like the mention tag. I don't read all of the threads here every day and if a thread has dropped off o the "Today's Posts" page I often forget entirely about it. So if someone were to quote me in hope of a response but I didn't check the forum for two days and the thread in question fell off the page I would never see it or know someone said something to me that may deserve a response.

So I guess that is what I have come up with that is worthy of saying to this topic. Don't know if it is of any value.

Top Bottom