• OK, it's on.
  • Please note that many, many Email Addresses used for spam, are not accepted at registration. Select a respectable Free email.
  • Done now. Domine miserere nobis.

Relatable personality tests?

s_T

Redshirt
Local time
Tomorrow 2:21 AM
-->
Most(or actually all) of the personality tests I see online have things like "I live more in the here and now" and "Being organized is more important than being adaptable".

These tests somehow don't feel very accurate as it would have a lot of bias and they are vague. Is there any test online that uses mainly real life scenarios that you can relate to? e.g. "I usually clear my email inbox as I can't stand a messy inbox"
It would probably be more accurate as the various cognitive functions aren't as clear in these scenarios.

EyeSeeCold

lust for life
Local time
Today 11:21 AM
-->
I don't think either one gets close to the cog functions as people share many behaviors and thoughts but the motivations behind them and style are different and this is something that is generally overlooked by mbti. Plus the test format is really limited, one on one sessions are perhaps the superior method of identifying type.

Some ways to fix the test questions could be:
What are your feelings toward organization? In what way are you organized? In what way do you despise others being organized?

For "here and now":
  • I actively work towards my future with my eyes set on a clear goal -- energetic and visionary
  • I actively work towards my future but I tend to jump to a new thing every once in a while -- energetic but aimless
  • I take each day one at a time but I am often day dreaming -- lethargic and spacey
  • I take each day one at a time and I make the effort to engage life's demands -- lethargic and pragmatic

s_T

Redshirt
Local time
Tomorrow 2:21 AM
-->
Yeah, perhaps these tests should provide examples to their questions like the ones you described, that would probably make it more accurate

Top Bottom