• OK, it's on.
  • Please note that many, many Email Addresses used for spam, are not accepted at registration. Select a respectable Free email.
  • Done now. Domine miserere nobis.

red toad or red mage?

fullerene

Prolific Member
Local time
Today 4:59 AM
-->
out of curiosity, "red toad," why did you change your name to that? It confused me for a few minutes, today, until someone I was chatting with pointed out that some post we were talking about was you, and not "red mage"

was there any reason for that? Did anyone else have this problem, or am I just retarded?

If nothing else, this thread can serve as a pre-emptive warning to anyone else who hasn't been in the position to confuse you two, yet.

Enne

Consistently Inconsistent
Local time
Today 8:59 AM
-->
Can you change your username w/o creating a new account? I'd actually like to change mine to just E or something.

Ogion

Paladin of Patience
Local time
Today 9:59 AM
-->
Use the search function with "name change" ;)

Ogion

EDIT: Uhm, maybe not. There is a thread called "name changes". Ask there and give your desired name.
Ok, here is the link.

Toad

True King of Mushroomland!!!
Local time
Today 1:59 AM
-->
I have a lucky 3 legged toad on my desk...it happens to be red too.

lucky%20toad.JPG

Sooooo...you guys were talkin bout me huuuuh? What about? Tell me all the details!

fullerene

Prolific Member
Local time
-->
It was with the "Haruhi is not XIII...unless XIII was Face in which case Haruhi is XIII" post--made me laugh. I mentioned it in chat.

Then (after I said that 'red mage' said the above quote, and it made me laugh) someone (forget who) corrected me. A third parson (also forget who) quoted a trolling-website, with regards to your name, which said "Another way trolls accomplish confusion is to post using a name similar to an existing member of a group. For example: Christine is a respected member, but suddenly a Christne appears (notice one letter off). When the troll posts, people may not immediately realize it is not the trusted member and derogatory comments can be erroneously attributed to the real person."

That was when I realized that, intentional or not, someone ought to draw attention to the fact that you two were different people, lol. My guess is that it's not a common mistake, but if I was stupid enough to do it, there was the chance someone else would be, too. So I made this thread with several purposes--to clear your name (from whoever it was, who quoted the anti-trolling webiste), to hear a bit more about you, and to use the thread title to potentially alert anyone else who made the mistake.

Cobra

Local time
Today 3:59 AM
-->
What was Red Toad's name before it was Red Toad?

Ogion

Paladin of Patience
Local time
-->
SlyGuy

Cobra

Local time
-->
Ahhhh. SlyGuy!!! I remember you! And here I thought you were new with a lot of time on your hands!

Me: "500+ posts, my ASS! I'll beat you yet, n00by."

Toad

Local time
-->
Slyguy!

I am offended that you would mistake my awesome posts to Red Mage's lame ones!

Red Mage

Local time
-->
Slyguy!

I am offended that you would mistake my awesome posts to Red Mage's lame ones!

Indeed. I apologize if I sully your good name.

Edit: Let's turn this thread into a game. Someone will find a quote from either me or Sly Toad and the rest will have to guess "Red Toad or Red Mage."

I'll start:

I like u...I like u a lot. Not just saying that cuz you seem like a sexual person, but because you seem really cool about life.

I think it's better to be friends that fuck than it is to date. I wish I could reverse time and just fuck my current gf instead of dating her.

Toad

Local time
-->
I like your idea! Can you guys guess? Let's see if you have been paying attention to our posts.

Ogion

Paladin of Patience
Local time
-->
That one was easy, Sly Toads post, this one --> "I like u...I like u a lot...."

Ogion

fullerene

Prolific Member
Local time
-->
lol, red mage, if you're gonna do that quote thing seriously, y'might wanna leave out the blue-box that links you to it's initial posting :p

Red Mage

Local time
-->
Kudos! But when you answer you have to quote another post to keep the game going.

I originally included the link so you can check your answer -- honor system or whatnot. Oh well, for now on no more links. This game is serious now. *puts on serious face*

Red Toad or Red Mage? said:
I would just like everyone here to know that THIS THREAD IS A HORRIBLE FLESH-EATING MONSTER. IT WANTS YOUR BONES. IT WILL NOT STOP UNTIL EVERYTHING IN THE UNIVERSE IS IN ITS BELLY. THERE IS NO WAY TO STOP IT. IT HAS WINGS AND VERY SHARP TEETH. IT CAN BREATHE FIRE AND ICE AT THE SAME TIME. IT CAN SEE THROUGH WALLS AND SOME KINDS OF DOORS. RUN FOR YOUR FREAKING LIFE OR IT WILL COME FOR YOU AND EVERYTHING YOU HOLD DEAR.

Toad

Local time
-->
Red Toad or Red Mage said:
The happiness u talk about is only temporary. Same goes for money and everything else. True happiness comes from contentment inside. I THINK (not sure cuz i'm not there yet) when you are truly content and happy, the things that are temporary will mean so much more to you...
Can anyone elaborate?

Do this one after Red Mages

sagewolf

Badass Longcat
Local time
-->
Lost, after wandering irresponsibly away from the
I see nothing better to do with my time and temporarily-burned-out brain than play a game. :rolleyes:

The first one is RM's; the second Slyguy/Red Toad's. The tip-off iz te grammer. :p

RM or RT? said:
That douche: "Hey there I'm someone new. No I'm not I'm Face! Haha! Oh my god you guys just fell for it! I can't fucking believe this shit. You guys are all so dumb! Srsly lol u gais r stoopid! I'm actually the brilliant and talented Mr. XIII!"

The rest of the forum: "Um, okay? How about a nice big permaban?" *goes on with life*

Last edited:

cheese

Prolific Member
Local time
Today 7:59 PM
-->
That was Mage, I'd say.

(I know this thread is old, but goddammit, an unanswered question!)

Top Bottom