• OK, it's on.
  • Please note that many, many Email Addresses used for spam, are not accepted at registration. Select a respectable Free email.
  • Done now. Domine miserere nobis.

Question for Clever People ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Perseus

Prolific Member
Local time
Today 6:18 AM
-->
What does it mean when I say "It is written in the stars" ?

This is the Extreme Logic of the INTP.

Others:

What does it mean when I say "I slept with Lisa" ?

The is is not horseplay (ESFJ) testimony, or any of the lies of the Fraudians (SJ + Freud). This is Rational NT thinking.

Local time
-->
Written in the stars with a foreign language for us to translate.

You slept with the answer to Mona Lisa's beauty.

P, if you were less eccentric, I would answer seriously. You are one of my favourite users for being very odd.

Da Blob

Banned
Local time
Today 1:18 AM
-->
IT depends on the Antecedent to the use of the word, IT by your Self. If we could share the view on your IT and that phenomena that is represented by the symbol, IT, then the question could be addressed. However, not knowing which IT you are referring to kinda shuts down the discussion...

Local time
-->
IT depends on the Antecedent to the use of the word, IT by your Self. If we could share the view on your IT and that phenomena that is represented by the symbol, IT, then the question could be addressed. However, not knowing which IT you are referring to kinda shuts down the discussion...
We are free to speculate. He could be curious how we shall speculate with the provided comments. Will we assume towards the direction of his expectations, etc. I would compare ambiguity to a mystery for us to ponder over.

Da Blob

Banned
Local time
-->
We are free to speculate. He could be curious how we shall speculate with the provided comments. Will we assume towards the direction of his expectations, etc. I would compare ambiguity to a mystery for us to ponder over.

Well, if the stars are the 'blackboard' it would seem to eliminate a great number of possible topics... Perhaps a process of deduction by elimination, re: Sherlock Holmes...?

Perseus

Prolific Member
Local time
-->
Clue:

Man gave names to all the animals
In the beginning, in the beginning.
In the beginning, long time ago.

He saw an animal that liked to growl,
Big furry paws and he liked to howl,
Great big furry back and furry hair.
"Ah, think I'll call it a bear."

He saw an animal up on a hill
Chewing up so much grass until she was filled.
He saw milk comin' out but he didn't know how.
"Ah, think I'll call it a cow."

He saw an animal that liked to snort,
Horns on his head and they weren't too short.
It looked like there wasn't nothin' that he couldn't pull.
"Ah, think I'll call it a bull."

He saw an animal leavin' a muddy trail,
Real dirty face and a curly tail.
He wasn't too small and he wasn't too big.
"Ah, think I'll call it a pig."

Next animal that he did meet
Had wool on his back and hooves on his feet,
Eating grass on a mountainside so steep.
"Ah, think I'll call it a sheep."

He saw an animal as smooth as glass
Slithering his way through the grass.
Saw him disappear by a tree near a lake . . .

http://tinyurl.com/bus3sg

Local time
-->
Well, if the stars are the 'blackboard' it would seem to eliminate a great number of possible topics... Perhaps a process of deduction by elimination, re: Sherlock Holmes...?
Yes, but our deductions would have to be correct for us to be accurate with our conclusions. Are you capable of this? You have minimal data to use for deduction.

Jordan~

Prolific Member
Local time
-->
From an etymological perspective, when you say that it's written in the stars you mean that astrology can reveal that aspect of God's divine plan.

"I slept with Lisa" could mean numerous things, among which are:
You slept in the same bed as Lisa.
You had sexual intercourse with Lisa.
You slept at the same time as Lisa.

Da Blob

Banned
Local time
-->
Yes, but our deductions would have to be correct for us to be accurate with our conclusions. Are you capable of this? You have minimal data to use for deduction.
Yes, I believe that an 'accurate' conclusion can be reached, however, it is the precision of that conclusion which has to be called into question because of the lack of data..
It seems that accuracy, without precision, has limited utility

saffyangelis

Bandwidth Angel
Local time
-->
'It is written in the stars' means that it is/was fate or destiny for that to happen.

It means it's unavoidable, and has to happen.

Da Blob

Banned
Local time
-->
From an etymological perspective, when you say that it's written in the stars you mean that astrology can reveal that aspect of God's divine plan.
Ahhh! The frustrations of Language
Alas , "When you say...you mean.." assumes an omniscient POV?

I'm rarely able to 'say'
that which i meant to be heard...

Perhaps the saying could be read, subjectively, that there is a pattern to the stars that can be interpreted..
or 'read' a dozen other ways of subjectively interpreting that string of symbols

Perseus

Prolific Member
Local time
-->

If you have an IQ of 122+ it may be possible (if you choose) to use observations and deductions from the real world. This you have to use to interpret.

I am an INTP, I have no compulsion to explain.

Stars that Play with Laughing Man's Dice

Perseus

Prolific Member
Local time
-->
'It is written in the stars' means that it is/was fate or destiny for that to happen.

It means it's unavoidable, and has to happen.

That's weird!

Perseus

Prolific Member
Local time
-->
Ahhh! The frustrations of Language
Alas , "When you say...you mean.." assumes an omniscient POV?

I'm rarely able to 'say'
that which i meant to be heard...

Snakes (ENTP) can't hear; only feel the vibrations (iNtuition). Eagles (INTP) can probably hear if they can be bothered, but are so high up it seems not very significant.

Is life any easier as a Pig (ISXP) ?

Thrive best if locked up in their pen and allowed to clean off the dirt. Running free in the woods and they can be a nuisance.

PS; As an Eagle I am disappointed upset and depressed, but I know it, the Pig seems to be in this state, but he is not consciously aware, and is probably going to hate me for mentioning it! Pigs can't fly and Eagles can't handle Horsemen (ESFJ). Snakes (ENTP) can spook them though.

Lucifer the Pony (my bicycle has the same name!)

Name the car model after an animal: Elan, Jaguar, Beetle, and see what of car you can get?

Perseus

Prolific Member
Local time
-->

"I slept with Lisa" could mean numerous things, among which are:
You slept in the same bed as Lisa.
You had sexual intercourse with Lisa.
You slept at the same time as Lisa.

Divine like Ermine, the Weasel and the Genet is ENFP or a variant. All qualify to the

Psychedelic Personality Forum
http://tech.groups.yahoo.com/group/Psychedelic-Personality/

Lisa: it means what it says, and INTPs like sex in the early morning, except for special treats. Artisans don't understand, do they ???

I was thinking of somebody in particular, not Mona Lisa with the Highway Blues, You can tell by the way she Smiles ...

Andy
http://soredragon.blogspot.com/
There's a Hole in Reality through which We Can Look if We Wish

Local time
-->

Da Blob

Banned
Local time
-->
okay Stars could actually be a publication or a Web site... or lyrics in a song etc., if one assumes that, then "I slept with Lisa" could be narrowed down...?

There was a hint about seeking elsewhere for the answer... (Re: IQ 122+)
As well as Playing with Laughing Man's Dice...

Local time
-->
P has a tendency to replace words with new ones. For example, switching INTP to Eagle. He has altered the system to have animals representing each MBTI type instead of the four letter combinations. P seems to enjoy defining a system superficially (not bad). The meaning behind the word is retained, but the appearance of the word is not.

Stars could be his revised version of the word MBTI. Now, I think that 'Lisa' is possibly an MBTI type in his system when we develop it further. He has renamed all of the MBTI to animal's names. He recently posted the lyrics for 'Man Gave Names to All the Animal". These 'animals' are the MBTI types with the system that he has created. "Man Gave Names To All the MBTI Types." This would possibly indicate that he's assigning names (human names) to the MBTI types in his system (they're animals in his system). Star and Lisa are both names. I would conclude that he's stating how he slept with a specific MBTI type. "I slept with Lisa" to "I slept with [MBTI type]". We have to determine which animal Lisa was and subsequently the MBTI type of this animal.

I am too lazy to think and even consider this further. I already implied that I do not want to play this game. I have very little confidence in the hypothesis I shared and doubt it's true. This was entirely based on your first post (only read one or two of your next posts, sorry -- I am rather busy). I should have analyzed your next posts for deeper clues, though.

hopefulmonster

Local time
Yesterday 11:18 PM
-->
So I'm curious does this animal typing actually augment the MBTI in any way or is it just a bastardization that makes the MBTI seem no better then astrology?

Vexbeast

Local time
Today 7:18 PM
-->
Since I have no idea what this is about, I'm going to go ahead and assume that's the point. Which begs the question what motivation do I have to try and understand what is meant to not be...

But I guess I'm not a clever people then, am I?

The most obvious things I could see 'it is written in the stars' meaning, is either some reference to gossip magazines, (makes sense, but doesn't.) Or astrology. If that's relevant to his assigning animal names to the types, then it would be of interest to know what types have been assigned animals from the list of animals in zodiac signs, AKA: ram, bull, crab, lion, scorpian, fish.

Of course, that's then working off both the assumption 'stars' has something to do with zodiac, and that said zodiac is the western one. Notably, snake and pig are both in the chinese zodiac... So is horse, which he implied represents ESFJ.

Would 'Lisa' be the the Hawaiian god Lisa?

Why do I get the feeling this thread has more purpose than it's made to look like and I'm biting it completely?

Perseus

Prolific Member
Local time
-->
Yep, I fell asleep. We were very tired after a .......

Mona Lisa must’a had the highway blues
You can tell by the way she smiles

hopefulmonster

Local time
Yesterday 11:18 PM
-->
What does it mean when I say "It is written in the stars" ?

This is the Extreme Logic of the INTP.

Others:

What does it mean when I say "I slept with Lisa" ?

The is is not horseplay (ESFJ) testimony, or any of the lies of the Fraudians (SJ + Freud). This is Rational NT thinking.

Written in the stars=statement about where to look for the solution to nuclear fusion?

Slept with lisa=you either had intercourse or fell asleep within close proximity.

Perseus

Prolific Member
Local time
-->
Written in the stars=statement about where to look for the solution to nuclear fusion?

Slept with lisa=you either had intercourse or fell asleep within close proximity.

Better answer than I had invisaged.

Of course, man gave names and numbers (written down) for the names of the stars etc. Answers to science problems are found in the external world of nature and discovering how it operates and then applying it. It is contended that such a concept is only understandable by people with an IQ of 122 and above.

Local time
-->
I know the truth about Mona Lisa's smile.

Hm. I thought that the article you once shared was related to the original post, but I was too lazy to think of it further. I posted a URL with the picture of the scale earlier.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom