• OK, it's on.
  • Please note that many, many Email Addresses used for spam, are not accepted at registration. Select a respectable Free email.
  • Done now. Domine miserere nobis.

Posting on different languages?

JR_IsP

Overthinker in Chief
Local time
Today 6:47 PM
-->
I've some spanish posts around there, and this made think of one of that crazy ideas we all have.

INTPf is a culturally rich place, I mean, just look the "who's online?" section. What about creating a thread section to celebrate and encourage this diversity?

Yeah, "Regional" already exists, but a very important factor for culture and indentity is language. What about a thread where every user posts on its native language? That would be pretty neat, I think. And c'mon, we're in the XXI century, there's way more online translators besides the google one (which by itself it's enough for basic communication) for this to be possible without any kind of problems. I'd like to see posts in german, or finnish, or portuguese...

Is this too crazy-sounding? A random thread full of different languages?

Mxx

Local time
Today 11:47 PM
-->
INTPcomplex has language threads if I'm not mistaken. Perhaps you could start a Spanish speaking thread?

Me gustaria practicar mi espanol, pero no tengo teclado espanol, y soy demasiada perezosa para utilizar los codigos para los acentos.

JR_IsP

Overthinker in Chief
Local time
-->
INTPcomplex has language threads if I'm not mistaken. Perhaps you could start a Spanish speaking thread?

Me gustaria practicar mi espanol, pero no tengo teclado espanol, y soy demasiada perezosa para utilizar los codigos para los acentos.

Si consigues el lugar indicado, practicar español es lo más sencillo del mundo. Personalmente me parece un idioma hermoso, lleno de palabras etimológicamente ricas, prosodias particulares que le dan una mayor variedad, una gramática que si bien puede ser un tanto difícil de aprender para los que no están acostumbrados, es muy clara en cuanto al sentido lógico de las frases... Hermoso.

En cuanto a mudarme a INTPcomplex... no lo sé, me gusta aquí. Create a new internet persona again is quite boring.

Mxx

Local time
-->
Oh, I'm currently banned from my own internet home! Ha.

No me gusta poesia en ingles, pero me encanta poesia espanola.

Black Rose

An unbreakable bond
Local time
Today 4:47 PM
-->
Si consigues el lugar indicado, practicar español es lo más sencillo del mundo. Personalmente me parece un idioma hermoso, lleno de palabras etimológicamente ricas, prosodias particulares que le dan una mayor variedad, una gramática que si bien puede ser un tanto difícil de aprender para los que no están acostumbrados, es muy clara en cuanto al sentido lógico de las frases... Hermoso.

En cuanto a mudarme a INTPcomplex... no lo sé, me gusta aquí. Create a new internet persona again is quite boring.

Google Translate

If you get the right place, practicing Spanish is the simplest thing in the world. Personally it seems to me a beautiful language, full of etymologically rich words, particular prosodias that give it a greater variety, a grammar that although may be somewhat difficult to learn for those who are not accustomed, is very clear as to the logical meaning of the sentences ... Beautiful.

As for moving to INTPcomplex ... I do not know, I like it here. Create a new internet person again is quite boring.

Mxx

Local time
-->
Oh Jesus, for the record, I'm not proposing moving to INTPx. Just saying that they have thread concepts you could replicate here.

JR_IsP

Overthinker in Chief
Local time
-->
Oh Jesus, for the record, I'm not proposing moving to INTPx. Just saying that they have thread concepts you could replicate here.

That's what I wanted to do with this thread... except of course I didn't knew about the intpc thing. It's about creating concepts, not the "war" is going on (from which I know little of).

Google Translate

If you get the right place, practicing Spanish is the simplest thing in the world. Personally it seems to me a beautiful language, full of etymologically rich words, particular prosodias that give it a greater variety, a grammar that although may be somewhat difficult to learn for those who are not accustomed, is very clear as to the logical meaning of the sentences ... Beautiful.

As for moving to INTPcomplex ... I do not know, I like it here. Create a new internet person again is quite boring.

Translation is pretty good, altough I'd have said "...may be somewhat difficult to learn for those who are not used to it, is very...", instead of "accustomed", and maybe shortening "are not" to "aren't" expressions-like, of course.

Mxx

Local time
-->
Oh, that was just something kali came up with by herself I think. I think she noticed an influx of ex intpforum posters coming to our forum, and followed the muse of divine playfulness.

But yeah, I don't get to practice my Spanish very often, so threads like those are of interest to me. Specially with new vocabulary that is used in the age of social media. (I lived in Spain prior to the advent of Facebook et al).

JR_IsP

Overthinker in Chief
Local time
-->
Funny, cuz that's one of the reasons I like this forum. When I registered I'd have said that my english was pretty formal (still kind of), but I've learned several slangs from here (which in turn I started to use on posting). I personally live the "tho" thing. It's the kind of things you never see when attending english classes.

A friend of mine (also from Vzla) moved to Dublin for 6 months last year (returned on april), and I've taken advantaje from that...

Now I can say feck.

Jokes aside, "learning" another language isn't complete until you use it on a regular basis. Personally, this and a lot of english videos are my regular source of english.

If you want to practice your spanish on a more direct way, just contact me.

Top Bottom