• OK, it's on.
  • Please note that many, many Email Addresses used for spam, are not accepted at registration. Select a respectable Free email.
  • Done now. Domine miserere nobis.

Polyandry

walfin

Democrazy
Local time
Today 9:58 AM
-->
I mean, I personally wouldn't want to be husband #2 or #3 if I had a choice (while wife in question is still with husband #1), but why not allow it?

Surely there has got to be a balance to the polygamous Arab countries.

Cognisant

Prolific Member
Local time
Yesterday 2:58 PM
-->
I think I've heard of this occurring in India, perhaps due to the demographic imbalance.

As much as this sex thing is fun I really think the distraction, the constant supply/demand issues and "objectification" (which in my terminology is subjectification) of genders is all holding us back as a society, now there's various solutions to this and frankly I don't care which one we go with, as long as something does change.

Polyandry & polygamy sound great, totally impractical on any appreciable scale but then the best things usually are.

NoID10ts

aka Noddy
Local time
Yesterday 8:58 PM
-->
Well I think this is a fantastic idea. Share the burden, is what I say. It's like only having half a wife or a third of a wife. That's the Goldilocks zone right there. Not too much, not too little. Just right.

Jennywocky

Tacky Flamingo
Local time
Yesterday 9:58 PM
-->
This porridge is far too hot, but that won't stop me from dumping it on your head.

:D

Hawkeye

Banned
Local time
Today 2:58 AM
-->
This porridge is far too hot, but that won't stop me from dumping it on your head.

:D

I did not see the word it and thought this thread had taken an unexpected turn. :ahh:

walfin

Democrazy
Local time
-->
Mm. But there can only be one set of DNA...

Child support for a child who's not yours. Doesn't sound like such a great idea now.

But say a woman has 3 husbands, can't they just each have the responsibility of raising their own kids?

Thurlor

Nutter
Local time
Today 11:58 AM
-->
I've never understood why anyone felt they had any say in the romantic lives of others. As long as the individuals involved are consenting adults I see no problems with any 'partnership system' available.

The weirdest marriage arrangement I've heard of is that of people in regions of Northern India where one woman marries all of the brothers of a family.

Thurlor

Nutter
Local time
Today 11:58 AM
-->
@ walfin

In Australia, the UK and the US (that I am aware of) there are already men who are paying child support for children that are not their biological offspring. The difference with institutionalized polyandry would be that the men are entering the situation knowing that they may support a child that isn't theirs (biologically).

Pikachu

Local time
-->
The problem in polyandry is, it would be so hard to know who is the father of the child. :phear:

Top Bottom