• OK, it's on.
  • Please note that many, many Email Addresses used for spam, are not accepted at registration. Select a respectable Free email.
  • Done now. Domine miserere nobis.

Podcasts

Local time
Today 3:19 AM
-->
I was browsing Podcasts on itunes and I have no idea where to start. Any good ones? I thought asking INTPs would be a good way to get things that might interest me.

Deleted member 1424

Bill Mayher has some funny , if mildly offensive stuff.

Venture

Banned
Local time
-->
I was browsing Podcasts on itunes and I have no idea where to start. Any good ones? I thought asking INTPs would be a good way to get things that might interest me.

I do not use itunes though, so I don't know if this podcast is on there.

It's called "Away with Words" though it is a radio show....

http://www.waywordradio.org/

All of the episodes are down below, and click on them to download as an MP3 which should go to itunes

I mostly listen to talk radio shows (Sirius) and have not really found any good podcasts that I really like.

The Frood

knows where his towel is
Local time
-->
Hardcore History

Common Sense both by Dan Carlin

RubberDucky451

Prolific Member
Local time
Today 10:19 AM
-->
"Stuff you should know" is pretty interesting.

Pretty INTPish IMO

The Frood

knows where his towel is
Local time
-->
i second that

Trebuchet

Prolific Member
Local time
-->
You might give NPR's "Science Friday" with Ira Flatow a listen. Ira is an amazing interviewer and usually has very interesting guests, talking on a huge variety of topics. What I like is his ability to synthesize all the different scientific disciplines, and I also love his voice.

Brontosaurie

Banned
Local time
Today 11:19 AM
-->
Maybe this is a dumb bump.

I'm looking for something to help with the boredom of cardio. Any subject will be fine, as long as it's on the educational side and less about the chit-chat.

I bet there's some good philosophy/history/pop-science stuff out there that some of you could vouch for, preferably with 30-60 minute episodes.

Thanks in advance (i hope).

Absurdity

Prolific Member
Local time
-->
Partially Examined Life has good philosophy podcasts. Each one is about 1 - 2 hours and they've been at it for several years so there's like 100+ episodes. Plus the guys are all generally pretty funny. This is the only podcast I've actually subscribed to and have enjoyed the majority of its content.

Stuff You Should Know is also good too. Wide variety of topics and the hosts are pretty entertaining.

VICE did a good VICE Meets on Podcast with Cody Wilson but I haven't listened to any of their other ones.

I'm in the market for some other podcasts too. I go on long drives between SF and LA and like to fill the time by learning about stuff. The problems I most frequently run into are some combination of the following: the hosts of the podcasts are either obnoxious or dumb, the pace is too slow, and/or there are too many advertisements.

I'll try and post more as I think of them or encounter them.

Brontosaurie

Banned
Local time
Today 11:19 AM
-->
Partially Examined Life has good philosophy podcasts. Each one is about 1 - 2 hours and they've been at it for several years so there's like 100+ episodes. Plus the guys are all generally pretty funny. This is the only podcast I've actually subscribed to and have enjoyed the majority of its content.

Looks like it will fit the bill.

Thanks.

Would you suggest starting from the beginning or is there a positive shift in quality somewhere along? (excuse my daft dichotomy)

Top Bottom