• OK, it's on.
  • Please note that many, many Email Addresses used for spam, are not accepted at registration. Select a respectable Free email.
  • Done now. Domine miserere nobis.

Odd Subjects To Study

The Arch-Fiend

I see decay.
Local time
Today 10:38 AM
-->
What subjects do you study that most people would consider odd? I'm looking for something interesting to study. I like becoming an expert on topics most people literally know nothing about because otherwise, I can rely on other people to know that stuff.

Pyropyro

Magos Biologis
Local time
Tomorrow 12:38 AM
-->
I like becoming an expert on topics most people literally know nothing about because otherwise, I can rely on other people to know that stuff.

Get a doctorate then because that's what it's supposed to be :D

Polaris

Prolific Member
Local time
Today 5:38 AM
-->
Giant extinct kangaroo bones.

redbaron

irony based lifeform
Local time
Tomorrow 2:38 AM
-->
the ones that aren't even

QuickTwist

Spiritual "Woo"
Local time
Today 11:38 AM
-->
Would be cool to research animal communication... no idea where to start :/

cppcoder

Conscious meetings: Dating without limitations
Local time
Today 5:38 PM
-->
Forging documents.

I started out forging plane tickets then worked my way up to driver licences, IDs etc.
I am very meticulous. I work on each of my "projects" relentlessly and don't stop until they are indistinguishable from their original. I don't settle for anything less than perfect.

I should add that this is just a hobby. I keep the forged documents in my drawer so they are not used for anything illegal.

Odd enough?

washti

yo vengo para lo mío
Local time
Today 6:38 PM
-->
Need for escape from The Self or Belief/identity creation or both:cat:

onesteptwostep

Junior Hegelian
Local time
Tomorrow 1:38 AM
-->
Underwater extreme Indian basketweaving.

Pizzabeak

Banned
Local time
Today 9:38 AM
-->
That's like, the transcendental object at the end of time. Which, I believe, Plato hypothesized so te idea goes back quite some time. Also a thing promised by religion, particularly the Judeo-Christian models of it. You know, exiting time and history, basically, to be one with the Lord. So the need has been there, however legitimate such a need based off what can provide it can be.

But who knows. The goal, apparently, was to make people think what they have never thought imaginable. The end of time just fits within that category. There are so many things clouding our perception of reality and what it is sometimes a dissolving of the ego via esoteric means is the only thing that might make sense sometimes.

While not proven, they thought the pineal gland was the seat of all this. That, during mystical experiences and other spiritual moments that the pineal releases its spirit molecule, causing the things that happen during said mystical moments. However, the action of, say, DMT, and any actual spirit molecule could be way different. It just isn't proven.

In some animals the pineal is the third eye. It used to be. And it's light sensitive (but not in humans). In human fetal formation the pineal originates on the roof of the mouth before migrating to the middle of the brain.

It used to be a third eye. Maybe it saw stuff. Hypothetically, if it were to be activated, you'll see things. Kind of a long shot but maybe that's what's going on. But that's not really true. Melatonin is the primary hormone of the third pineal eye. And, it does help regulate things related to survival as the primitive third eye in reptiles does.

Happy

sorry for english
Local time
Tomorrow 2:38 AM
-->
Top Bottom