• OK, it's on.
  • Please note that many, many Email Addresses used for spam, are not accepted at registration. Select a respectable Free email.
  • Done now. Domine miserere nobis.

Nootropics

snafupants

Prolific Member
Local time
Yesterday 7:10 PM
-->
Has anyone played around with them?

boondockbabe

I am a little cold hearted
Local time
-->
Are you talking about the drugs? Like a Cognitive Enhancer? I have used them but it never works the way they imply it will. Focus is always a major problem with this stuff. Your brain seems to work really fast and that is good, but the trade off is deeper thought and focus will be comprimised. At least thats how it has always worked for me. Rentention is nearly impossible as well.
I have found cannabis to be a mind opener-great for meditation,
But I do not use anything when I am learning something as I do not want to interfere with the processing and storage of important information.

Jah

Mu.
Local time
Today 2:10 AM
-->
Coffee...

copious amounts of coffee

xbox

Prolific Member
Local time
Yesterday 1:10 PM
-->
Yes coffee.

Agent Intellect

Absurd Anti-hero.
Local time
Yesterday 8:10 PM
-->
I am currently trying aniracetam. I don't know how much it does for actually being smarter or enhancing memory, but it seems to do two things for me that piracetam didn't: 1) helps with my depression and anxiety and 2) makes more mundane things seem not as bad (eg I have more motivation to do all my homework rather than just a few problems until I've gotten the hang of it). It could all be placebo, who knows, but that's just my report.

The downside, it's a bit expensive and I need to take 1500 mg to get any noticeable affect. I would definitely recommend taking it with some sort of acetylcholine precursor, or it seems to make thinking become sort of cloudy and can cause a headache (I take Alpha-GPC).

Offbeat

Redshirt
Local time
Yesterday 9:10 PM
-->
The racetams are interesting compounds; I take piracetam and choline daily. It's difficult to judge how well your memory works, and unless you have a short attention span, it's difficult to gauge whether your concentration has improved, so I mainly just take these slight objective improvements as given. The subjective effects are quite noticeable though; increased clarity of thought, increased speed of thought, attenuated emotions, increased vividness of colour.

I can't really reconcile myself with the fact that the subjective and objective effects are asynchronous, though. Relatively low doses of piracetam (750mg-1gram) subjectively seem to speed up thought processes and increase clarity the most. Skimming around imminist.org I see quite a few people believe these low doses are the most effective way to take piracetam, and very few seem to think the stronger racetams (aniracetam, oxiracetam, pramiracetam) are more effective. As is the case for many others, taking pramiracetam leaves my thoughts cloudy, and aniracetam leaves me feeling distracted and slightly stoned. Yet I've never read a piece of research that reflects this, most research has pretty unanimously found that the dose and strength of the racetam equate to the level of later recall. It's odd. It may just be that animal studies don't capture the effects had on humans due to neurological complexity or something, but I don't see why that would be the case. Either way, I would suggest trying out piracetam, if not the whole racetam family.

Cognisant

Prolific Member
Local time
Yesterday 1:10 PM
-->
If tweaking one variable or another can enhance the brain's functioning, by the introduction of a foreign substance no less, why hasn't that variable already been tweaked by natural selection?

Mechanistically the brain is awe inspiringly sophisticated.
Do you really think there are loose variables?

I'm not saying you can't enhance your cognitive abilities with various substances.
I'm saying it'll almost certainly come at a price.

Offbeat

Redshirt
Local time
Yesterday 9:10 PM
-->
If tweaking one variable or another can enhance the brain's functioning, by the introduction of a foreign substance no less, why hasn't that variable already been tweaked by natural selection?

Racetams don't really change brain mechanisms, they just increase the plasticity of certain areas, which have already been selected to be remarkably plastic, and increase activity in the corpus collosum, a central region in the brain that connects the otherwise largely and functionally independent hemispheres. In a sense, they just aid the brain in working as it has evolved to.

Thales

Conscious thinking as instinctive function
Local time
Today 1:10 AM
-->
What an interesting subject!

First thing to note is that there are many different types of nootropics. Also, some of the purported benefits of certain nootropics are still theoretical.

As for the different types,

Dopamineurgics: Metabolic precursors, reuptake inhibitors, dopamine agonists.

Cholinergics: Choline, DMAE (precursors) Alpha-GPC (only chloninergic to cross the blood-brain barrier, or thought to anyway).

GABA Blockers: When the receptor site is inverse agonized, memory improvement has been shown.

Another interesting one, that deals with blood flow in particular, is Vonpocetine it's obviously a vasodilator, but also suppresses voltage senstive "routes" in the brain, but might also drain serotonin, dopamine and norepinephrine (potentially worsening depressive symptoms).

As for hormonal, there's the memory hormone Vasopressin. There's much, much more but those are random tidbits.

Agent Intellect

Absurd Anti-hero.
Local time
-->

This is a gross misunderstanding of natural selection. Natural selection doesn't tweak variables. It uses what's available in an economic fashion. Our brains were not selected for power, but for (ability to survive) - (over-usage of resources). Our brain is just as much adapted for cutting every corner to conserve energy and other resources as it is for it's ability to process information.

Mechanistically the brain is awe inspiringly sophisticated.
Do you really think there are loose variables?

Absolutely.

The brain is a physical organ, and can be altered and manipulated by physical means - both beneficially and detrimentally.

I'm not saying you can't enhance your cognitive abilities with various substances.
I'm saying it'll almost certainly come at a price.

Depends what one uses. Glutamate receptor agonists can cause excitotoxicity; excess serotonin can cause serotonin syndrome; excess dopamine can be habit forming; excess norepinephrine can cause anxiety (and is even thought to be involved in mania); acetylcholinesterase inhibitors (eg huperzine A) are actually paralytics.

However, things like Omega-3 and Omega-6 fatty acids (primarily docosahexaenoic acid and arachidonic acid ) are important components in the cellular membranes of neurons, and both of which are also thought to play an important role in neuroplasticity as a postsynaptic signals back to the presynaptic neuron to increase the strength of the connection. So taking them as supplements have very few adverse effects (I think in high doses it can act as a blood thinner, but no real neural damage).

TylerRDA

One of the wonders of the world is going down
Local time
Yesterday 6:10 PM
-->
Lisdexamfetamine (vyvanse) for ADD, which is a legitimate neurobiological disorder by the way.

Creatine- not sure if it technically counts as a nootripic, but I find it helps fine-tune my focus.

Fish oil- I don't notice any difference when taking it, but wikipedia says so...

Tried stratterra for a few weeks... it was absolutely fantastic because it took away all my attentional deficits without giving the the slight jitters of vyvanse... at the cost of extreme fatigue. :/

Exercise - One heck of a drug

Caffeine is bad for you

Thales

Conscious thinking as instinctive function
Local time
-->
Interesting you bring up Creatine, there was a study that suggested it could improve brain function, something about increasing blood flow to the brain? Not sure, can't remember atm.

snafupants

Prolific Member
Local time
-->
what i usually go with daily: coffee, fish oil, liquid multivitamin solution, high quality protein, fruits, vegetables, whole grains, and sometimes reishi mushroom. with more aggressive substances touted as brain healthy, like huperzine a and vinpocetine, i have tried those things, but the effects were pretty underwhelming and it supposedly has all these side effects, so i ditched them. i know they have a storied history in TCM but the effect was less than intellectually world shattering, so had to send it packing, thanks for playing. anyway, aside from duanwood reishi mushroom, another herb that i think is worth the time is gotu kola, granted it's coming from a high quality source. ginseng and ho shou wu might also be noteworthy, again granted you can find a reputable supplier. most of the stuff peddled on the internet is complete shit. what might be more important than anything you could put into your body is making sure you're breathing from your nose in long, even breaths, getting adequate exercise, consuming approximately an ounce of water for every two pounds of weight per day, chewing your food, sleeping well, avoiding excesses like alcohol, and (this is huge) avoiding multitasking and putting away the cell phone, computer, pda (the other pda), television, or whatever else is relegating you to stress, frustration, and a HiBeta brain state. think about your fondest memories, were you consumed by fifty million stimuli during that experience or were you "in the zone" and one pointed in your focus?

Linsejko

Ghost of עמק רפאים.
Local time
-->
In the center of the world. (As opposed to the ear
That last post, snafu, is great.

It embodies an idea I occasionally have... Starting a blog that in my mind is called "High Performance Human" whereupon is placed a number of personal development, physiological, psychological, medical, etc. studies/articles/resources/ideas/experiences that, if implemented, lead towards a more successful, happy, long, healthy life.

Would be interesting if some people from this forum would like to start a multi-contributor blog of such a kind. I've never seen a real multi-author blog, but I feel like this could be a working one.

Kuu

>>Loading
Local time
-->
I've known about the subject of nootropics for quite some time, and in the last two years I've seen a drop in energy, more brainfog and horrible concentration, plus the effect these and other things have on mood. My university major is quite mad, with all-nighters being not only common but quite frequent. Coffee and other energy drinks based on caffeine and sugar are something I have consumed extensively and got to known their limitations and drawbacks.

I have read extensively about the use of amphetamines as study aides but the jittery mania and subsequent comedown and addiction is exactly what has driven me off caffeine. I don't want to be hyperactive, I just want the need of sleep to go away so I can be productive on drowsy days and so I can survive 40 hour marathons without uncontrollable shakes, microsleep, sudden mood crashes and shit like that.

Since last week the heat here has been horrible and I'm pretty much falling asleep all day; and university soon starting again with rather intense classes I know the all-nighters are just around the corner. I did a bit more investigating about sleep-defeating methods and came upon modafinil, which is most commonly given to narcoleptics and other sleep disorders. Since it apparently causes no chemical dependence and the stimulation does not provoke shakes, as well as having no crash and acceptable side effects, it seemed rather attractive for my purposes. Then after realizing that it's not a controlled substance where I live, I decided to finally experiment on myself a bit and got me some. :borg: I'll post some stuff about how it goes in a couple of weeks after I have had time to test it.

Yes, I am currently on it as of this very moment and today has been the only day in the last weeks I didn't collapse on my bed at 4pm exhausted. It gives a subtle increase in energy and focus; nothing superhuman but the brainfog and drowsiness is totally gone...

I'm also left wondering how has that aniracetam been working for you Agent Intellect?

Minuend

pat pat
Local time
-->
Didn't know it was possible to get drugs like this that supposedly work. Anything to help concentration? Sometimes the text just gets blurry and I zone out. Would be interesting trying.

Agent Intellect

Absurd Anti-hero.
Local time
-->
I just tried dimethylamylamine (methylhexanamine) and I'm surprised this stuff is legal. After an hour, I'm only a little ways off from having an amphetamine high on this stuff. Has anyone ever tried this stuff (or anything like phenylethylamine or hordenine)?

Minuend

pat pat
Local time
-->
Anyone have any updates? Any luck with a substance?

I find coffee makes me veeeeeery tired. I did read it could be because of dehydration, so I'm trying to drink some more water (which I should anyway).

Not too relevant
Also, I have to drink coffee all day or my motivation for studying disappears. I just don't feel like doing anything then. (Though coffee doesn't necessarily cure that completely either). It's weird but I can get really into what I'm reading, but it's like I have this switch that's suddenly turns off and I lose the will to do much. It's annoying since I want to study for longer hours.

Where do you get this stuff anyways?

Perseus

Prolific Member
Local time
-->
Try playing chess and see how all drugs, e.g. cannabis, alcohol, CNS stimulants impair performance.

It may well be that caffeine, pseudoephedrine, strong analgesics may also detract from the ability on a level playing field. If subject to distractions, chemicals could conceivably improve concentration, but ti is very difficult to control dosages.

One problem with INTPs that can be subject to abuse and bullying. Their nemesis ESFJ is most likely, but if your T is not extremely high, ESTJ (classic Bullies) may also cause stress.

With partners, is their ex- or rival partners that cause more difficulties than the opposite gender if you choose other NPs. With ENFPs, their partners may be Dogs ISTJ. These Guards are found in packs, and I find that my intuition susses danger.

Has anybody had the same experiences?

Chimera

To inanity and beyond
Local time
-->
[doesn't read the rest of the thread]

PERSEUS YOU RASCAL, where have you been? I thought your secret police had finally gotten you...

Perseus

Prolific Member
Local time
-->
[doesn't read the rest of the thread]

PERSEUS YOU RASCAL, where have you been? I thought your secret police had finally gotten you...

I mist have picked up on the pharmaceutical lead and then went off on a tangent.

Local time
-->
I've been experimenting with Nootropics, otherwise known as mostly legal cognitive enhancers. Piracetam, aniracetam, and pramiracetam, just to name a few. The effects have a more than promising outlook, and I'm noticing sporadic yet astounding effects such as enhanced musical creativity, a closer intimacy with my natural flow of life, greater verbal articulation and response times in conversations, focused concentration on a wide gamut of tasks, as well as my favorite thus far--the emergence of non-approximated emotions in social mileues. I seem to have more empathetic tendencies in my day to day functions, as well as a more enlivened sense of wellbeing. I don't feel as much as an impassive cloud floating through this vast world of aloofness.

I'm starting to really feel like a person as I'd imagine others experience themselves. It's like the capabilty to create a truly superhuman INTP, mitigating all of the quintessential INTP shortcomings. I mean, this stuff really brings you in touch with your intuitions; I feel as if I understand the psychological landscape of girls infinitely better. All of these revolutionary, (subjectively realized) benefits from this stuff, and it's completely legal/researched/not hyper-obscure. I highly recommend people to give these chemicals a try as an alternative to other psychoactive and in the long-term detrimental substances.

All Nootropics seem to lend to a greater neuroplasticity in the brain, and in some cases have shown to increase traits of fluid intelligence by as much as a while standard deviation. I'd really like to give this thread attention as it has given me a very much welcomed and sought after host of mental capabilities I've always sought to refine and procure.
What do you guys think?

Moocow

Semantic Nitpicker
Local time
-->
First stop taking them for a week cold turkey and tell me what happens then.

Cogitabundus

Redshirt
Local time
-->
I've been experimenting with Nootropics, otherwise known as mostly legal cognitive enhancers. Piracetam, aniracetam, and pramiracetam, just to name a few. The effects have a more than promising outlook, and I'm noticing sporadic yet astounding effects such as enhanced musical creativity, a closer intimacy with my natural flow of life, greater verbal articulation and response times in conversations, focused concentration on a wide gamut of tasks, as well as my favorite thus far--the emergence of non-approximated emotions in social mileues. I seem to have more empathetic tendencies in my day to day functions, as well as a more enlivened sense of wellbeing. I don't feel as much as an impassive cloud floating through this vast world of aloofness.

I'm starting to really feel like a person as I'd imagine others experience themselves. It's like the capabilty to create a truly superhuman INTP, mitigating all of the quintessential INTP shortcomings. I mean, this stuff really brings you in touch with your intuitions; I feel as if I understand the psychological landscape of girls infinitely better. All of these revolutionary, (subjectively realized) benefits from this stuff, and it's completely legal/researched/not hyper-obscure. I highly recommend people to give these chemicals a try as an alternative to other psychoactive and in the long-term detrimental substances.

All Nootropics seem to lend to a greater neuroplasticity in the brain, and in some cases have shown to increase traits of fluid intelligence by as much as a while standard deviation. I'd really like to give this thread attention as it has given me a very much welcomed and sought after host of mental capabilities I've always sought to refine and procure.
What do you guys think?

How long have you been taking them? As another poster stated, have you come off them for a time at all to see what happens?

snafupants

Prolific Member
Local time
-->
Try playing chess and see how all drugs, e.g. cannabis, alcohol, CNS stimulants impair performance.

It may well be that caffeine, pseudoephedrine, strong analgesics may also detract from the ability on a level playing field. If subject to distractions, chemicals could conceivably improve concentration, but ti is very difficult to control dosages.

One problem with INTPs that can be subject to abuse and bullying. Their nemesis ESFJ is most likely, but if your T is not extremely high, ESTJ (classic Bullies) may also cause stress.

With partners, is their ex- or rival partners that cause more difficulties than the opposite gender if you choose other NPs. With ENFPs, their partners may be Dogs ISTJ. These Guards are found in packs, and I find that my intuition susses danger.

Has anybody had the same experiences?

Too true about drugs and chess. Good example but I still think you're basically insane. Caffeine disrupts blood sugar levels, overtaxes the adrenal glands and floods the brain with cortisol while perhaps damaging the heart and limiting cerebral blood flow. That said, it's a barrel of monkeys to get ripped on.

On a more positive health side, caffeine provides more circulating dopamine and acetylcholine, increases cell firing through the glutamate channel, and ups activity in the prefrontal cortex, for a short while and in part, by cleverly pseudo-binding to adenosine receptors, which left unhampered essentially depress mood and speed of thought.

Coffee and caffeine comprise a mixed bag really. You might...possibly...perhaps be well-advised to limit use of caffeine because it may wear down the body and mind. Maybe. Having a shot of java while sleepy might confer some cognitive edge though. Too much is fucking hell, however, as a much needed and likely profoundly unnecessary caveat.

Local time
-->
How long have you been taking them? As another poster stated, have you come off them for a time at all to see what happens?

I've been dabbling with Piracetam for about 3 months, aniracetam more infrequently for about a month, and just recently introduced the fiery pramiracetam into the equation. This stuff is purportedly 8-30x stronger than its non-derivative piracetam. Not sure about quantifying the effects but pramiracetam puts you on another level, it's pretty amazing. I take one or two days off everyweek to give my adrenals time off and to reduce any possibility of tolerance. No withdrawal effects, I just feel a little more blunted and less proactive about things. The effects tend to be cumulative, too, so even if you take some time off, you'll have the benefits slightly stick around.

I dislike caffeine for how dirty it is, what it does to your brain, but this stuff potentiates caffeine and vice versa creating an uncanny synergy.

snafupants

Prolific Member
Local time
-->
Can anyone recommend a pure and potent Piracetam brand that preferably comes with a certificate of analysis? A lot of the stuff online (e.g., Serious Nutrition Solutions) looks hucksterish and disreputable and foreign.

SkyWalker

observing y'all from my UFO. inevitably coming dow
Local time
-->
What about stimulants like Ritalin, Adderall or "illegal stimulants" such as cocaine?

If addiction is a problem: what about temporary surges in handy situations?

Agent Intellect

Absurd Anti-hero.
Local time
-->
I just ordered something called sulbutiamine from Amazon (supposed to arrive anywhere between Feb. 24 and Feb. 29). Has anyone tried this before? The reviews on Amazon have all said it's good stuff.

GloryHowl

Custom User Title
Local time
Today 3:10 AM
-->
Tried piracetam + choline for about 3 weeks. I didn't notice any significant change really. I only experienced restlessness the first few days. I think it's mostly placebo.

Studies have shown improved cognitive functions but mostly on the elderly.

Stimulants like Adderall (amphetamines) may work though. Haven't tried these.

snafupants

Prolific Member
Local time
-->
What about stimulants like Ritalin, Adderall or "illegal stimulants" such as cocaine?

If addiction is a problem: what about temporary surges in handy situations?

A minimum criterion of a substance classified as a nootropic is that it do no pronounced harm. Ritalin, for instance, has the potential to do harm; therefore, we must rule it out. Ritalin doesn't exactly work like most nootropics either; Ritalin or cocaine would qualify as more of a utilizer than provider.

BeYou

Redshirt
Local time
-->
I am currently trying aniracetam. I don't know how much it does for actually being smarter or enhancing memory, but it seems to do two things for me that piracetam didn't: 1) helps with my depression and anxiety and 2) makes more mundane things seem not as bad (eg I have more motivation to do all my homework rather than just a few problems until I've gotten the hang of it). It could all be placebo, who knows, but that's just my report.

The downside, it's a bit expensive and I need to take 1500 mg to get any noticeable affect. I would definitely recommend taking it with some sort of acetylcholine precursor, or it seems to make thinking become sort of cloudy and can cause a headache (I take Alpha-GPC).

Nice I was reading a thread earlier today about this guy using Piracetam as an anti-depressant. I wanted to do some more research about this topic and happen to find your report here. Thank you for sharing this. Anti-anxiety? That is fairly new to me as well. I've been using Nootropics for quite some time as well. The first Nootropic I used was a product called Neuro Boost Piracetam from "Smart Drugs for Thought". The first effect that was noticable to me while using this Nootropic was my social skills. My social skills have benefited from the use of this Nootropic supplement as far as speech goes. I'm starting to believe this might be a form of social anxiety that I have as well. Now that you mention your use of piracetam being a anti-anxiety supplement, I believe this may be right. Now I have added several Nootropics and supplements along the way. The first addition to using the Neuro Boost was "Source Naturals" Alpha GPC. I was following a guys regimen on longecity that stated the use of this Cholinergic Source. It seems that Alpha GPC plays a role in the production of choline levels within the brain. I read that Piracetam increases the activity of the (ACh) receptors implicated in memory development and performance. The use of these two supplements have improved and enhanced many of my cognitive motor skills and functions. These functions and activities include my ability to intake and interpret information and knowledge, my social interactions, and my sense of creativity.

I was using a Nootropic called PEA, but I don't think this supplement is worth it. I did not like PEA at all, for it made me feel irritable for the entire duration of the supplement use. It was recommended by someone on another thread, but I don't recommend it personally.

My current Nootropic Stack and Usage:
Neuro Boost Piracetam - 3,200mg twice a day
Source Natural Alpha GPC - 300mg twice a day

This stack seems to be working perfect for me, but I am also considering in adding another racetam to my usage. I'm aiming towards Oxi or Ani, depending on the information I gather from journals or regimens.

Deleted member 1424

I have a growing collection of nootropics with which I've been experimenting.

I have had a lot of luck with a theanine/caffiene combination, with both focus and memory, but also dealing with stress and anxiety. I'm always externally calm, but the Theanine helps significantly with the internal storm. I'm still quite new to nootropics (I was resistant for a long time) and I've been a little over eager with my nootroopic stack and weeding out individual effects has been difficult.

I suspect none of the Racetams (I've tried Pram and Pirace taken with Choline) work for me because of hypothyroid (and thus stressed adrenal) issues that run strongly in my family, potentially interfering with the chemical process. I've started taking an Iodine supplement to see if it might help, the simplest, easiest answers often being the best.

Nootopics I have, but have not satisfactorily tested or even taken are Centrophrenoxine (instead of DMAE), Picamilon, CDP choline, Vinpocentine and Uridine. Any insight on those would be appreciated as well as Adrafinil.

I'm also taking a number of things for the long term effects instead of immediate, Lion's Mane, Bacopa, Creatine & Ashwanganda; all of them being fairly cheap and extremely safe.

@Agent Intellect
You seem to have fairly extensive nootropic interest/experience.
I'm interested in what you've learned. Are you still taking them?

Agent Intellect

Absurd Anti-hero.
Local time
-->
@Agent Intellect
You seem to have fairly extensive nootropic interest/experience.
I'm interested in what you've learned. Are you still taking them?

I'm becoming more and more convinced that my supplement taking is another symptom of my OCD that seems to have become more severe in the past couple years. I have two drawers on my chest of drawers full of supplement bottles (including a few redundancies for the sake of stockpiling). I take many nootropics, many of which probably do nothing for me or possibly even harm me, yet I feel compelled to keep taking them (not doing so makes me convince myself that I'm unhealthy or becoming less intelligent).

I currently take Sulbutiamine, Alpha-GPC, Piracetam (I often have stronger racetams, but not at this exact moment), DHA and an Omega-3 supplement, Vinpocetine, 1,3-Dimethylamylamine, Picamilon, and various protein supplements. I've tried other so-called nootropics in the past but I do not currently possess any of them.

ℜεмїηїs¢εη¢ε

Local time
-->
Nootropics.

Wiki:

Nootropics ( /noʊ.əˈtrɒpɨks/ noh-ə-trop-iks), also referred to as smart drugs, memory enhancers, neuro enhancers, cognitive enhancers, and intelligence enhancers, are drugs, supplements, nutraceuticals, and functional foods that improve mental functions such as cognition, memory, intelligence, motivation, attention, and concentration.[1][2] The word nootropic was coined in 1972[3][4] by the Romanian Dr. Corneliu E. Giurgea, derived from the Greek words νους nous, or "mind," and τρέπειν trepein meaning "to bend/turn". Nootropics are thought to work by altering the availability of the brain's supply of neurochemicals (neurotransmitters, enzymes, and hormones), by improving the brain's oxygen supply, or by stimulating nerve growth.

Have you taken any? ;)

Fukyo

blurb blurb
Local time
-->
It's been done.

@ℜεмїηїs¢εη¢ε you can find more information about member opinion by scrolling up, now.

pjoa09

dopaminergic
Local time
Today 7:10 AM
-->
I'm becoming more and more convinced that my supplement taking is another symptom of my OCD that seems to have become more severe in the past couple years. I have two drawers on my chest of drawers full of supplement bottles (including a few redundancies for the sake of stockpiling). I take many nootropics, many of which probably do nothing for me or possibly even harm me, yet I feel compelled to keep taking them (not doing so makes me convince myself that I'm unhealthy or becoming less intelligent).

I currently take Sulbutiamine, Alpha-GPC, Piracetam (I often have stronger racetams, but not at this exact moment), DHA and an Omega-3 supplement, Vinpocetine, 1,3-Dimethylamylamine, Picamilon, and various protein supplements. I've tried other so-called nootropics in the past but I do not currently possess any of them.

That is indeed a damn interesting list.

Especially phenethylamine and picamilon.

Intellect

Local time
-->
I was taking the following stack for a couple months:

- Piracetam
- Choline (Alpha GPC)
- Fish oil
- Ginseng / gingko
- Lion's mane mushroom

While the changes weren't extremely obvious, they were definitely there. I noticed that I rarely had to stop and think about what I wanted to say (tip-of-your-tongue thing). Conversations just seemed easier and more natural.

I also noticed that, with piracetam, I had a desire to read very dense, technical information and digesting it was much easier than usual.

So, my results were all positive. Hoping to get back on a similar regimen soon.

intpz

Banned
Local time
-->
I was taking the following stack for a couple months:

- Piracetam
- Choline (Alpha GPC)
- Fish oil
- Ginseng / gingko
- Lion's mane mushroom

While the changes weren't extremely obvious, they were definitely there. I noticed that I rarely had to stop and think about what I wanted to say (tip-of-your-tongue thing). Conversations just seemed easier and more natural.

I also noticed that, with piracetam, I had a desire to read very dense, technical information and digesting it was much easier than usual.

So, my results were all positive. Hoping to get back on a similar regimen soon.

What's the downside of this? I.e. side-effects.

Also, that could've been a placebo effect, however the "tip-of-your-tongue" thing kinda defies that theory.

Methodician

clever spec of dust
Local time
Yesterday 5:10 PM
-->
Would be interesting if some people from this forum would like to start a multi-contributor blog of such a kind. I've never seen a real multi-author blog, but I feel like this could be a working one.

I would be down and have much to contribute.

Top Bottom