• OK, it's on.
  • Please note that many, many Email Addresses used for spam, are not accepted at registration. Select a respectable Free email.
  • Done now. Domine miserere nobis.

My 1000th post

Reverse Transcriptase

"you're a poet whether you like it or not"
Local time
Yesterday 11:12 PM
-->
Here it is. You're looking at it. I've been putting this off in the hopes that inspiration would hit but.... no. I've got poop for brains.

First things first: Back when I first joined the requirement for a custom user title was a 1000 posts. I really really looked forward to hitting that mark and being able to be goofy like the people who have been here longer! But no, the rules changed and now every kid on the street has some dumb user title. Bah!

I feel like I really really developed my understanding of the MBTI, INTP, and the iNtuitives in general at this forum. I was just able to... dive into, and discuss, all of the intricacies.

I realize that... for an INTP, I say "I feel" a lot.

Maybe this change is coincidental with graduating college, but I feel that I am much more... 'settled' with myself. I understand that INTPs "Never Think Positively", I've established my strengths/weaknesses pretty well. I feel like I have a strong sense of discipline- although I am totally totally failing at the "no cracking knuckles" new years resolution.

Anyway, I can't think of anything else to say! Raaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa party!

And: Was it worth it?

echoplex

Happen.
Local time
Today 2:12 AM
-->
Dude, there's no pressure, it's just your 1,000th post. If you screw it up, you'll just have to make 1,000 more for the next milestone. Having said that, you totally should have posted some kind of funny yet clever picture or some awesome video. Since you didn't, you have failed and have to try again at 2,000. Sorry. :p

And yeah, I vaguely remember the days when custom titles used to mean something. Damn those hippies, saying everyone deserves one. Phooey! Only those who can express their thoughts in post-form 1,000 separate times deserve that privilege. When my great-great grandfather used to post, you had to make 10,000 before they'd even refer to you by name! And you also had to carry 20 lbs. of books while walking to school -- which was located over 100 miles from home! These kids nowadays just don't get it.

But I digress, it's nice this place has been helpful for you and I've enjoyed your posts. Here's to 1,000 more... :elephant:

flow

Audiophile/Insomniac
Local time
Today 12:12 AM
-->
1,000 posts and only 900ish of them were entirely pointless.. just playingggg. That INTPs "Never Think Positively" idea may be true to a degree, but man, I've been working my ass off to prove otherwise. 2010: The Year the INTP becomes Positive.. and STOPS cracking his knuckles (I'm also plagued with this problem). I hope Seattle has been a good time, granted, if your city sucks at least you always have the forum where you can live vicariously through your internet persona, none other than the 1,000 post plus reverse transcriptase aka RT, formally known as CJ.

Toad

True King of Mushroomland!!!
Local time
-->
I like you. Happy 1000 :)

Deleted member 1424

Congratulations RT!

@flow
What's wrong with knuckle-cracking? :confused:

flow

Audiophile/Insomniac
Local time
-->
I heard it leads to arthritis.

Deleted member 1424

No. That is just a myth, but it does have other effects.

Wiki Quote:
"The common parental advice "cracking your knuckles gives you arthritis" is not supported by any evidence. A study concluded that there was no increased preponderance of arthritis of the hand in either group; however, habitual knuckle crackers were more likely to have hand swelling and lower grip strength. Habitual knuckle cracking was associated with manual labour, biting of the nails, smoking, and drinking alcohol in the study participants and their families. It was concluded that habitual knuckle cracking results in functional hand impairment and therefore should be discouraged."

flow

Audiophile/Insomniac
Local time
-->
Ha, I was going to add, "but this may be an old-wives tale". Glad to see it is so. However, the habit IS bad, as you have confirmed. Funny it's associated with biting the nails (strike one), smoking (two), and drinking alcohol (three). Damn damn damn!

cheese

Prolific Member
Local time
Today 5:12 PM
-->
Reverse Transcriptase hasn't posted 1000 times. Reverse Transcriptase is some sort of murderous phoney. What the hell have you done with CJ? Just wait till I get my hands on your knuckles!

Reverse Transcriptase

"you're a poet whether you like it or not"
Local time
-->
Reverse Transcriptase hasn't posted 1000 times. Reverse Transcriptase is some sort of murderous phoney. What the hell have you done with CJ? Just wait till I get my hands on your knuckles!
noo! I swear, it's still me, CJ isn't in a river somewhere in a canvas sack weighted down with bowling balls! Why would I do such a thing??

(also, hmm, you are right, RT has maybe just... 500ish posts? Embarassing!)
2010: The Year the INTP becomes Positive
YES themed years. We'll be like astrology or chinese zodiac or something. I was trying to think of a new acronym for "INTP" that is a positive one.

Thanks Toad :)

Ashenstar

I'm your chauffeur with high
Local time
-->
Congratulations!
I've been trying to think of a positive INTP acronym .... but so far have failed. heh

I never knew CJ, so I really don't miss him.

sagewolf

Badass Longcat
Local time
-->
Lost, after wandering irresponsibly away from the
Yay! Congratulations! (I kind of know how you feel about the custom user titles: I got mine the hard way, then suddenly everyone had them. Ah well.)

Habitual knuckle cracking was associated with manual labour, biting of the nails, smoking, and drinking alcohol in the study participants and their families. It was concluded that habitual knuckle cracking results in functional hand impairment and therefore should be discouraged."

Okay, nail-biting I have. But, "drinking alcohol"? Ever? That needs some parameters on it... given the social acceptability of alcohol, there aren't many people who have never drunk a drop in their lives... even if they're not the legal age yet.

preilemus

Ashes
Local time
-->
Hah! you call this a party?! Where's the pizazz?!?
stretch_clown.jpg

^ Now that's what I'm talking about :smoker:

Ashenstar

Local time
-->
hey, did you know I think clowns are really phuxxing scary. :phear:

flow

Audiophile/Insomniac
Local time
-->
INTP: I Now Think Positively! Yeah!

Ashenstar

Local time
-->
FUCK YEAH FLOW!

Hahahaha it's simple and perfect.

Kidege

is a ze
Local time
-->
Congrats Reverse :)

BigApplePi

Banned
Local time
-->
Here it is. You're looking at it. I've been putting this off in the hopes that inspiration would hit but.... no. I've got poop for brains.

First things first: Back when I first joined the requirement for a custom user title was a 1000 posts. I really really looked forward to hitting that mark and being able to be goofy like the people who have been here longer! But no, the rules changed and now every kid on the street has some dumb user title. Bah!

I feel like I really really developed my understanding of the MBTI, INTP, and the iNtuitives in general at this forum. I was just able to... dive into, and discuss, all of the intricacies.

I realize that... for an INTP, I say "I feel" a lot.

Maybe this change is coincidental with graduating college, but I feel that I am much more... 'settled' with myself. I understand that INTPs "Never Think Positively", I've established my strengths/weaknesses pretty well. I feel like I have a strong sense of discipline- although I am totally totally failing at the "no cracking knuckles" new years resolution.

Anyway, I can't think of anything else to say! Raaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa party!

Reverse. Congrats on your 1000.

This may seem contradictory but if one is a feeler and things don't go well, what is there to go on? On the other hand, if thinking is on the front burner even though that may be the case because feelings have failed, doesn't that mean one has no where to go but up? One can think! That would be grounds for optimism.

BigApplePi

Banned
Local time
-->
No. That is just a myth, but it does have other effects.

Wiki Quote:
"The common parental advice "cracking your knuckles gives you arthritis" is not supported by any evidence. A study concluded that there was no increased preponderance of arthritis of the hand in either group; however, habitual knuckle crackers were more likely to have hand swelling and lower grip strength. Habitual knuckle cracking was associated with manual labour, biting of the nails, smoking, and drinking alcohol in the study participants and their families. It was concluded that habitual knuckle cracking results in functional hand impairment and therefore should be discouraged."
Adaire, Re: knuckle cracking.

Settling this is easy. Run this simple test: Crack only every other knuckle across both hands. That sets up controls. Keep this up. Report back here with results every five years. If the results are uncertain, we'll take that up then and maybe do a double blind test.

BigApplePi

Banned
Local time
-->
Congratulations!
I've been trying to think of a positive INTP acronym .... but so far have failed. heh

I never knew CJ, so I really don't miss him.
========================
INTP Acronyn.

Inspired Naturally Thinking Positivizer

Top Bottom