• OK, it's on.
  • Please note that many, many Email Addresses used for spam, are not accepted at registration. Select a respectable Free email.
  • Done now. Domine miserere nobis.

Mapping Big Five to Jungian functions

SkyWalker

observing y'all from my UFO. inevitably coming dow
Local time
Today 10:32 PM
-->
0% Extraversion = Fi
100% Extraversion = Fe

0% Orderliness/Conscientiousness = Ti
100% Orderliness/Conscientiousness = Te

0% Inquisitiveness/Openness = Te/Ti/Fe/Fi dominance (Judging/rational dominance)
100% Inquisitiveness/Openness = Se/Si/Ne/Ni dominance (Perception/irrational dominance)

0% Accommodation/Agreeableness = stronger oppose/hate-side of Fe/Fi (feeling for an average stranger)
100% Accommodation/Agreeableness = stronger help/love-side of Fe/Fi (feeling for an average stranger)

0% Emotional-stability / 100% Emotional-UNstability/Neuroticism = Si (and maybe Ni)
100% Emotional-stability / 0% Emotional-UNstability/Neuroticism = Ne (and maybe Se)

---

Opinions please?

And if you agree, what is your opinion on the last 2 maybe's on neuroticism

nexion

coalescing in diffusion
Local time
Today 4:32 PM
-->
I don't see why you only include the Feeling functions for extroversion/introversion when all functions have an extroverted type and an introverted type.

Your correlations with conscientiousness as Te and non-conscientiousness as Ti seems faulty at best (albeit, it probably stems from the MBTI definitions of the functions, but whatever). It mostly seems rather absurd to do so to me.

I don't think one can positively correlate the Big Five to functions. Sure, there may be some similarities, but they are two different systems. At most, Big Five seems to correlate with MBTI dichotomies (except for neuroticism, which is not inherent in any type)

SkyWalker

Local time
-->
I don't see why you only include the Feeling functions for extroversion/introversion when all functions have an extroverted type and an introverted type.

It's because the extraversion dimension of the Big Five is not authentic "Jungian extraversion", but it is merely "popular extraversion", which is closest to Extraverted feeling.

Cogwulf

Is actually an INTJ
Local time
Today 9:32 PM
-->
From wikipedia, an analysis of correlation between MBTI and the big five

Untitled-1.png

If you can find it, there is a lot of statistical information like this out there.

SkyWalker

Local time
-->
From wikipedia, an analysis of correlation between MBTI and the big five

Untitled-1.png

If you can find it, there is a lot of statistical information like this out there.

The comparison of the 4 letters of MBTI combos seperately will not do. Big Five can ony point to dominant functions, not to the whole combination of all functions.

The table should have each of the 8 Jungian functions seperately. We could use this data though and convert it to functions.

Whatever I can make from that table, at least it seems to prove me wrong on Neuroticism, this seems totally absent in MBTI

Top Bottom