• OK, it's on.
  • Please note that many, many Email Addresses used for spam, are not accepted at registration. Select a respectable Free email.
  • Done now. Domine miserere nobis.

LSD Thread

Perseus

Prolific Member
Local time
Today 4:45 AM
-->
Hello,

Lysergic Acid Bath Murderer Thread

I occasionally get used of being on LSD because of my fantastic imagination (which annoys the Guards). Has anybody else been accused in the same way?

This usually happens when I am in a temporary Extrovert mode and then I am Snake ENTP mode.

Phoenix XNXP from Neptune
http://soredragon.blogspot.com/

Ancalion

Local time
Today 6:45 AM
-->
Can't compare the 2 situations. Never been on LSD.

Perseus

Prolific Member
Local time
-->
It is about being accused of being "high", out of this world type of thing. That's cause they are sensors.

DrSLudge

talking head
Local time
Yesterday 8:45 PM
-->
I don't get it. ( this thread )
BUT as for LSD
I say : Do it.
It's like... wonderful.
Heres the plan, you charge your ipod, pack a lunch and juice in your backpack, bring some toys, go for a hike. bring pen and paper to draw.
do it with a CLOSE friend, or maybe 2. 4 people sucks because there is the possibility of 2 groups, though i've done it in a group of 6 and we stuck like family, spending the night downtown after the trains closed, we were fine with it, and walked the seawall untill morning, then we maded breakfast back at home...
for people skeptical
Read erowid vault
also, nothing can fit on acid blotter at active levels, other than acid
no hangover
I think "it changes your brain" is a sham. perhaps you are exposed to different ideas, and they change your beliefs, maybe you get some introspect and decide to alter your ways or somehting...
It's safe as hell except for the fact it's illegal.
don't drive
good luck have fun.

Toad

True King of Mushroomland!!!
Local time
-->
I always wanted to try LSD. They say it's like super weed. Supposed to change your life or something. I did some research on it and it doesn't seem to do any permanent damage. Just can't find any LSD dealers around anymore...it's a 90's drug...hah

RobertJ

Local time
Yesterday 10:45 PM
-->
Psychedelics/hallucinogens is actually an amazingly interesting subject. Many people dismiss the merits of altered states of consciousness out of hand, because of the negative stigma attached to all drugs and any uses thereof. Many psychedelics have been shown to break habits to other chemical dependencies and even cure many psychological ailments such as schizophrenia.
Plus, many use psychedelics as a means to expand their consciousness and creativity levels...
Having said all that, I've never touched a psychedelic drug my entire life, but it sure is fun to research and read about people who've experimented with them.

Toad

Local time
-->
I heard tribal people used to use hallucinogens as a right of passage or to get visions. I really want to try LSD if I could get my hands on it.

Inappropriate Behavior

is peeing on the carpet
Local time
Yesterday 11:45 PM
-->
To find LSD or any other hallucinagenic drug like peyote, mesculin or magic mushrooms, go to a concert featuring older bands like members of the Dead. Hippies love the stuff!

Actually though, the shrooms you could probably get on your own if you thoroughly research what to look for (like cow shit!)

Toad

Local time
-->
i would go pick mushrooms in the wild myself...but when they're in that big pile of shiit, I just can't imagine putting it in my mouth...I rather buy it clean....

'slinger

Redshirt
Local time
-->
I'm not often accused of being high when I'm not. But once, while actually on psychedelic mushrooms, a friend described me as "more normal than usual."

Neat.

Also, I've never used LSD, but I have used some of the other psychedelics. No regrets. Not even a little bit. Just understand, the trip is almost incidental. It's the period following the trip where things really come together.

snowqueen

mysteriously benevolent
Local time
-->
As a child of my time I took lots of acid in the 70s. I once tripped for a week solid. Mushrooms too. I even took Jimson weed - now that is a seriously weird trip.

I may regret this:

before-clash-gig.jpg

after-clash-gig.jpg

Tyria

Ryuusa bakuryuu
Local time
Today 5:45 AM
-->
As a child of my time I took lots of acid in the 70s. I once tripped for a week solid. Mushrooms too. I even took Jimson weed - now that is a seriously weird trip.

I may regret this:

Surviving the 70's with awesome pictures to prove it: priceless.

There are some things that money can't by. For everything else, there's a camera XD

snowqueen

mysteriously benevolent
Local time
-->
Surviving the 70's with awesome pictures to prove it: priceless.

There are some things that money can't by. For everything else, there's a camera XD

:D:):D

Of course it's very very stupid and wrong to do drugs, kids!!!!

Tyria

Ryuusa bakuryuu
Local time
-->
*staring back at snowqueen with a look*

Of course...

snafupants

Prolific Member
Local time
-->

I may regret this:

before-clash-gig.jpg

after-clash-gig.jpg

Do you feel as though there were any lasting benefits? Or, is it too long in the past to really tell? By the way, I would not get in your way with those boots.

sniktawekim

Local time
-->
lol@necromancy.
i always wanted to try it. but meh, just havent.

MaxP

Local time
Yesterday 9:45 PM
-->
I've always thought it would be cool, but I've stuck to weed thus far and most likely will keep it that way. Oh ya there was that one time I tried salvia...................:cat:

Dimensional Transition

Bill Cosbor, conqueror of universes
Local time
-->
Drugs suck.
Please don't say you mean this.
Drugs can have so many positive effects on people. (Also bad effects of course, but it's wrong to just generalize all drugs as bad)

Personally I have never tried any psychedelic, I was interested in them for about 2 years, but I figured I'm way too paranoid for them.
I'm sure of that after smoking weed once. Mind you that apparently I did smoke too much, about 8 times too much of what others smoked :/ I think because before that I smoked once too, but never noticed anything, so I wanted to be sure. It was a pretty psychedelic experience I'd say. I freaked out, started running around, my mind was disconnected from my body and the border between reality and fantasy basically vanished. Lots of audial hallucinations etc. It gave me really bad panic attacks for 6 months, but in the end, I think that one experience has teached me many things.
And yes I get accused of being high a lot. Basically most people I know think I'm a pothead, because I also tend to have bloodshot eyes in the morning haha.

socialexpat

Bluelight
Local time
-->
I'm not often accused of being high when I'm not. But once, while actually on psychedelic mushrooms, a friend described me as "more normal than usual."

Neat.

Also, I've never used LSD, but I have used some of the other psychedelics. No regrets. Not even a little bit. Just understand, the trip is almost incidental. It's the period following the trip where things really come together.

Yeah it is annoying like it is.
I dislike such people who claim to know everything the best, i have to undergo that often at work (my dear coworkers) .. Some see me and think i'm topped up on cocaine or any other narcotic product.. You should see some speculate when i exit the toilet because i urgently had to urinate... Fuckwits.
LSD is not that bad for the ones who are determined to try it, be prepared for the oddest first and do it with people who have been there already.. There is another sort of drug but i don't want to advocate it, as it is very dangerous and can leave you behind in coma or a deadly overdose .. It leaves you totally out of control thus another reason why you shouldn't go down there.
I was amazed to read after so many years that it could have ended with a negative outcome, none the less .. The experience was madness. :storks:

snafupants

Prolific Member
Local time
-->
Perseus is the one guy I would advice not to take LSD. I don't even know what he is on about living above the influence, so to speak. Who the hell are guards?

kantor1003

Prolific Member
Local time
-->
This drug will be tested sometime today, or during the next few days (I had a failed attempt at trying it a few weeks ago feeling some noticeable changes to my thinking patterns, but that was about it.) Would anyone do this alone for their first time? No is the obvious answer. I really want to, but I guess one could just have a sitter during the come up phase and decide to take a walk alone into the woods later if one was comfortable.
The idea of doing it alone in a beautiful forrest seems more appealing to me than doing it with a sober sitter.

nanook

a scream in a vortex
Local time
-->
my experience is only with LSA (woodrose) which is said to be similar to LSD

it can be nice to have a trusted person nearby, if only on skype or so, while coming down with the desire to get a grip in life again. however the trip itself is about letting go, so in my mind having the belief that you ought to have a "sitter" is like expecting your self to not be up to the task of letting go and wanting to cop out and holding on to something/someone familiar. you can't know in advance how ready you are, how far you are willing to let go (because without drug experience you may not know, what that even means), which is why i personally choose lower dosages, so some music on the ipod will be enough to help anker me, if i feel i have to cop out/fight against it ....

you should expect, having to lie down, practically loosing consciousness or body-controll, so if you feel like you can do that in your forest go ahead. but if there are snakes and critters ... uhm, maybe a hammock would be nice

i would take it in a park or on a street parade and then walk home, as it gets stronger (which lasts felt hours), maybe take some more at home, if it went good so far, sit in the garden, then go inside and lie down while it peaks and becomes overwhelming

the whole "you totally should have a sitter" paradigm is probably a paradigm of extraverts. maybe it's because they are different from us, to the point where they are more likely to undress and walk the streets naked .... whenever i'm "out" (also with other drugs like salvia) i will just sit still or lie down, not do funny things ...

good luck

kantor1003

Prolific Member
Local time
-->
Having returned from my journey I have to say that it was one of the strangest experiences I've ever had. It was profound, exciting and, at times, extremely tiring. I'm not sure where I should turn to get access to frameworks (and accompanied jargon) by which to elucidate (or obfuscate:)) what I've experienced and making myself more able to talk about it with others. I'm sure there are plenty of esoteric traditions (both pre- and post- lsd's discovery) that have tried to map out states of being (consciousness).
If anyone has any recommendations I'd be happy to check them out provided they spike some initial interest.
I feel like I've only got a small glimmer of my self - it's proportions something like I never could have imagined.
I got a taste of modes of perception and being that, if I managed to tap into it at will, would likely have great benefits.

I want to continue with my journey of discovering and hopefully understanding more of this uncharted territory that is my self.

Puffy

"Wtf even was that"
Local time
-->
Having returned from my journey I have to say that it was one of the strangest experiences I've ever had. It was profound, exciting and, at times, extremely tiring. I'm not sure where I should turn to get access to frameworks (and accompanied jargon) by which to elucidate (or obfuscate:)) what I've experienced and making myself more able to talk about it with others. I'm sure there are plenty of esoteric traditions (both pre- and post- lsd's discovery) that have tried to map out states of being (consciousness).
If anyone has any recommendations I'd be happy to check them out provided they spike some initial interest.
I feel like I've only got a small glimmer of my self - it's proportions something like I never could have imagined.
I got a taste of modes of perception and being that, if I managed to tap into it at will, would likely have great benefits.

I want to continue with my journey of discovering and hopefully understanding more of this uncharted territory that is my self.

I'm glad it went well, jealous to. This is something I would really like to try some time soon; unfortunately, no contacts. :p

kantor1003

Prolific Member
Local time
-->
Since I wrote about my experience (even though the memory of it is somewhat fuzzy) in a pm to puffy I might as well share it here as well.

"How was it for you? Did you find you were able to walk ok? I think I'd want to go outside, but I don't know if I'd get crippled/ look obviously out of it to others."

How it was for me? I found myself thinking in ways I have never done before. It's hard to describe and I'm sure most of it have slipped out of conscious memory. I remember being in that state and being quite sad knowing that I would most likely never be able to understand, or perceive things as I did then in ordinary consciousness. I tried to make a note to myself at some point (something I probably deemed of particular importance), but it didn't go too well. The note is something like "more "I"s per second". It was hyper awareness. Almost like the ordinary state would be 20IPS (I's per second with I being something that is conscious and perceiving) compared to 60IPS on lsd.

The way I managed to deconstruct my self was like something I have never been able to do before. It was like peeling layers of an onion, exploring several narratives which I have used to guide me through, or make sense of my life (everything subconscious became conscious). I also become very aware of my desires and the way my life is a perpetual cycle of submitting to desire - desires that really didn't make a lot of sense (as they are unconscious, and hence exist prior to logic/reason) when I tried to reach the depth of them, or the "reason" for them (I felt kinda lost the day after because of this, desire not seeming to be of desire anymore, or constantly reflecting over desire, which made me unable to do too much like reading, watching a movie, or other activities one usually do to pass ones day.) Anyway, self exploration was really tiring. After that day, I felt like I had aged 100 years in terms of how much I had been thinking, while at the same time being impacted by the way things looked during the trip - it's very much like going back to childhood in the way you experience things.

Oh, perhaps I should mention some of the visuals, which for me, amazingly, took a most secondary role. It wasn't the most interesting part at all, which surprised me greatly. Anyway, after 1 hour into consuming it I, when looking at a painting, suddenly saw it taking on 3 dimensions, then the whole room came into life. I remember blurting out saying to my brother "I didn't think this was for real" referring to visuals. The walls took on motions similar to waves and had all sorts of beautiful colors. I remember fetching myself ice cream, being greatly amused eating something that lived, or moved. I remember going outside, sitting down on the ground. I looked at my cat and realized how much I loved her. She came to me and sat on my lap starting to purr. I looked down on the ground, and what was ordinarily gravel, dirt and grass became a whole civilization. It was like being in an airplane, looking down at all these small people living in villages that seemed to me to be in an 18th century chinese style. I could spot out particular individuals, and I wondered about how their lives were. I could see small bridges going from particular houses where I imagined they had to go every day to do their daily work, meanwhile having my beautiful cat by my side to share this beautiful view/moment with. I should probably also mention how many beautiful patterns I could see all over the ground. It looked liked fractals with colors almost like those seen in some of the more beautiful computer renderings on youtube. It's interesting when one think about how it's said that many objects/things in reality are recursive.

Later that night, what was a heap of leaves became a really hideous creature - it was beautiful in it's hideousness, but it seemed evil, and I got quite scared, but luckily, it didn't turn out bad. I tried to conquer my fear, walking up to it smiling. After that incident, I decided to go for a walk. It was a proper adventure ("Big Fish" is probably a movie that captures a similar atmosphere). I didn't dare to go too far, and weren't out too long before returning to my comfortable home. Your emotions fluctuate like sand being thrown too and fro on the beach. I think it's partly due to hyper awareness. Being aware of every single sound, or change in atmosphere. With this in mind, I knew that seeing something disturbing out in the blackness of the night could become an uncomfortable situation. It was beautiful as long as I dared though.

Yes, you can walk, but unless you have a few trips under your belt, something I don't, I'd doubt you could go for a walk among people and seem normal. It would at least be with difficulty. Being by yourself, or going into the woods in daylight should be fine.

Anyway, it must be experienced. I can't explain it and your experience will (if you'll one day try it), no doubt, greatly differ from mine. It will be as different as your life experience and thoughts thus far are different to mine. It will depend on your particular mood, expectations, what you want out of it, your thoughts that day - what they call set, and setting - your environment, who you are with, if any, and so forth.
Your current point of view will no doubt also shape the way you interpret the experience while your experiencing it (or when trying to make sense of it afterwards), but I realized while I was tripping how I made use of different systems, or "reality tunnels" to shape the way I saw the world, and being aware of it makes you not putting too much stock into them in an absolutist sense, but appreciating each of them as means of looking at various aspects of reality. With that said, I wish I could get rid of them all together, but I don't know how.. It seems it's impossible when one is engaged in thinking.

nanook

a scream in a vortex
Local time
-->
thanks for sharing.

yes, the ego sensation is a looping or frequenting phenomenon.
maybe the speed estimation is distorted - reversed.
like what you see on a monitor.
the slower the rate, the more ripples become visible: seems hectic.
the faster the rate, the more it looks like a slow big wave.
in switching, its revealed that the wave contains all these ripples.
in my understanding, salvia divinorum would be a slow motion mode:
time (rate) comes close to freezing and a single ripple becomes the major event,
a cycle of life and death.
when the frequency becomes faster again, "the vision" ends.
and the I continues on a new level of reality: real life.
where it's like smooth wave on top of an ocean
and it's tiny ripples are overlooked.
what has been seeing the I-ripples never dies.
but the I-ripples are who you are as individual.
like a vibration of a record needle is a direct representation of the record.

crazy simplified reconstruction of my mind, of course.

i think the visuals are always at best secondary.
maybe some people can't conceptualize the primary stuff, so they talk exclusively about visual stuff.

i'm surprised that you say nothing about fear of dying or such. happy camper.
it almost seems like you went beyond that, without noticing.
or you made nothing out of it.
not being concerned with possible implications, maybe.
for me, every drug so far has basically been about dying.
dying from different angles.
and whether dying is a synonym of awakening,
well at the time that seems like an unreliable theory.
for some individuals, dying comes real easy though.

kantor1003

Prolific Member
Local time
-->
:)
yes, the ego sensation is a looping or frequenting phenomenon.
maybe the speed estimation is distorted.
like what you see on a monitor.

"The first characteristic is a slowing down of time, a concentration in the present. One's normally compulsive concern for the future decreases, and one becomes aware of the enormous importance and interest of what is happening at the moment." James Fadiman

i think the visuals are always at best secondary.
maybe some people can't conceptualize the primary stuff, so they talk exclusively about visual stuff.
Yes, and as mentioned it came as a complete surprise to me. As you say it's difficult to conceptualize, at least in such a way that one can talk about it. Hence, when reading "trip reports", I mostly read about things related to what they saw, which created a misrepresentation of how the actual experience were. At least mine (and yours too).
About fear of death, I was actually surprised myself upon reflecting after the event that none of that had occurred considering how frequent an experience it is. I'm not sure, if pictured in a 2 dimensional vertical axis, whether I was "above" or "below", but I do know with fair certainty that I got a high dose and was tripping from 4pm until I managed to fell asleep at around 6 or 7am. For much of the time I couldn't have my eyes open for more than brief periods of time. For me I think it facilitated sentiments of unity. Mortality wasn't something that fell into my mind.
With regards to this topic (fear of death), perhaps two snippets from James Fadiman (even though I've already served you one) - The Psychedlic Explorer's guide would be in order?

"...all forms of life and being are simply variations on a single theme: we are all in fact one being doing the same thing in as many different ways as possible. As the French proverb goes, Plus ca change, plus
c'est la meme chose (the more it varies, the more it stays the same). I see, further, that feeling threatened by the inevitability of death is really the same experience as feeling alive and that all beings are feeling this everywhere; they are all just as much "I" as I am. Yet the "I" feeling, to be felt at all, must always be a sensation relative to the "other"—to something beyond its control and experience. To be at all, it must begin and end. But the intellectual jump that mystical and psychedelic experiences make here is in enabling you
to see that all these myriad I-centers are yourself—not, indeed, your personal and
superficially conscious ego, but what Hindus call the paramatman, the Self of all selves/ As the retina enables us to see countless pulses of energy as a single light, so the
mystical experience shows us innumerable individuals as a single Self.
The fourth characteristic is awareness of eternal energy, often in the form of intense
white light, which seems to be both the current in your nerves and that mysterious
which equals mc . This may sound like megalomania or delusion of grandeur—but one sees quite clearly that all existence is a single energy and that this energy is one's own being. Of course, there is death as well as life because energy is a pulsation, and just as waves must have both crests and troughs, the experience of existing must go on and off. Basically, therefore, there is simply nothing to worry about because you yourself are the eternal energy of the universe playing hide-and-seek (off and on) with itself."

"....A classical case of this experience, from the West, is recounted by Alfred Lord Tennyson in A Memoir by His Son.
A kind of waking trance I have frequently had, quite up from boyhood, when I have been all alone. This has generally come upon me thro' repeating my own name two or three times to myself silently, till all at once, as it were out of the intensity of the consciousness of individuality, the individuality itself seemed to dissolve and fade away into boundless being, and this not a confused state, but the clearest of the clearest, the surest of the surest, the weirdest of the weirdest, utterly beyond words,
where death was an almost laughable impossibility, the loss of personality (if so it were) seeming no extinction but the only true life.
"

Regarding the first snippet, it seems that taking a higher dose will increase the likelihood of reaching what is there called paramatman. In such a state, it seems obvious that any fear of death would be redundant. At lower dosages, however, flirting and grappling with death is probably a more real possibility if a sense of unity of all things is not experienced.
I know that if I happen to take a psychedelic again, I will make death one of my, if not main, areas of inquiry.

I'd also be interested to hear more thoughts on the subject of the visuals and what you conceive it to be. It seems that it's not just to be disregarded as mere hallucination. It would be great if you could elucidate and expand your first paragraph:)

Top Bottom