• OK, it's on.
  • Please note that many, many Email Addresses used for spam, are not accepted at registration. Select a respectable Free email.
  • Done now. Domine miserere nobis.

"Look, we'll eat your mum, and if you're feeling a bit guilty about it afterwards, we can dig a grav

PapyrusAirplanes

Solfege Maniac
Local time
Today 2:44 PM
-->
... Heya, peoples.

I guess this is a little late. But it's better now than never, eh?

I'm Airplane. I've been called that since I was a baby and my dad would "fly" me around; it's not just an Internet nickname. *smile* I'm a female INTP and I'm going to college for a B.S. in Music Education. Here are some of my favorite things (in no particular order):
Hiking.
National parks.
Books.
Long skirts.
Camp.
Music theory.
Piano.
Dutch Blitz. (If you know what this is then you rock.)
God.
Prayer meetings.
Sign Language.
Kids.
Monty Python.
Calvin and Hobbes.
Acting.
Madeleine L'Engle.
Tadpoles.
Sarcasm.

... So yeah. I guess I'm not really a "typical INTP" (though I doubt any of you is "typical" either *laugh*), but I've known my personality type practically from utero and have had an interest in MBTI for many years.

... So... nice to meetcha. *laugh* I much look forward to bantering, debating, analyzing, and being generally retarded with you.

Monty Python :: Philosophers' Football

Da Blob

Banned
Local time
Today 1:44 PM
-->
Welcome, lol.... no where else in the world would your list of interests be considered typical.

I notice that you too, have learned about the 'high' of a good prayer meeting, although this forum is dominated by agnostics and atheists and Christian bashers-in-general there are a handful of Believers here that do attempt to provide honorable opposition to such.

Although, one can be put off by the foul words that pop up on comments, One will note that the atheists just say the same things over and over again, so it is good practice to deal with such here in preparation for dealing with unbelief in the RW.

John

YouTube- Argument Clinic

citrusbreath95

Tourist of this dimension
Local time
-->
Hello airplane! Great to have another female INTP :D, and also another fellow believer as well :D.
Dutch Blitz is a family card game (Ok, I admit I had to google that :o) ha ha.
Well, welcome to the forum

Dormouse

Mean can be funny
Local time
Today 7:44 PM
-->
Hmm, my first guess for Dutch Blitz was some kind of music, but I guess that was off.

Welcome, great to have you here! :D

Cavallier

Oh damn.
Local time
Today 11:44 AM
-->
You wish you were in southeastern Idaho?

Welcome.

Lostwitheal

Mr. LoveRobot
Local time
Today 8:44 PM
-->
I have an existential map. It has "You are here" w
I notice that you too, have learned about the 'high' of a good prayer meeting, although this forum is dominated by agnostics and atheists and Christian bashers-in-general there are a handful of Believers here that do attempt to provide honorable opposition to such.

Yup, all the non-Christians here are amoral pirates and vagabonds, not to be trusted..? :confused:

In that case..

"Arrrr, me hearty!"... and so forth, including references to wenches, treasure, rum and questionable beards.

Seriously though, welcome to the forum. I'm new around here myself but fortunately people seem to wear their idiosyncracies on their sleeves here in leiu of their hearts, which makes for some entertaining exchanges :D

One of my favourites:
YouTube- Monty Python Upperclass Twit of the Year

Melkor

*Silent antagonist*
Local time
Today 6:44 PM
-->
God is one of your favourite things?

*Points at the door*

OUT!

Kids?

*Revokes your INTP card*

Ooooh, but Monty Python is grand yes.

Ahem.

*Points at the door again*

Cognisant

Prolific Member
Local time
Today 7:44 AM
-->
Ignore Melkor... and Da Blob.

We debate philosophy here, if you don’t think there’s any valid arguments against your beliefs, then what do you have to worry about?
And if they are valid arguments, don’t you want to hear them?

NoID10ts

aka Noddy
Local time
Today 1:44 PM
-->
I drop in for a visit and ........... sigh

PapyrusAirplanes, as an atheist who has left this place in part because of Da Blob, I would ask that you seek out the religious discussions that happened before his arrival, particularly those involving FusionKnight, fullerene (aka cryptonia), eudomonia, Ermine, Agent Intellect, etc. Most of them don't even post here anymore, but you might find them a bit more civil (although they do tend to whittle down to the same points of contention).

Most of the true, heartfelt, antagonism and disrespect (and it is there and I'm guilty of it) emerged with Blob and his hard headed insistence that his perspective is the only one that could ever be correct and that anyone who disagrees with him is egotistical, immature, elitist, and probably under the influence of the devil.

Insert Blob's empty and predictable objections here .........

Although, one can be put off by the foul words that pop up on comments, One will note that the atheists just say the same things over and over again, so it is good practice to deal with such here in preparation for dealing with unbelief in the RW.
This is hilarious coming from you, Blob.

As soon as your brand of Christianity moves the discussion beyond thousand's year old arguments, vacuous and unverifiable experiences, and ancient texts, you might find a very different discussion. As long as your faith is presenting no new ideas and continues denying some ideas that really are new, then the discussion can't really change all that much, now can it?

Anyway, welcome and goodbye ......... :evil:

Crazythinker1

Quiet, I'am thinking
Local time
-->
Hello and welcome to the forum, seems to me you will fit in well around here.:D

Words

Only 1 1-F.
Local time
Today 7:44 PM
-->
"Look! It's an airplane!"

Airplanes are quite a rare sight where I'm from. Kids love it, I use to love it. The difference of that airplane day and the default day is what is interesting to people.

5 - 4 = 1. "It's a 1!!!"

Anling

Local time
Today 12:44 PM
-->
Hello and welcome. I am currently in SE Idaho as well. Well, for the forseeable future anyway.

@Noddy
Don't leave! You make things so interesting.

speiss

Local time
-->
Why hello there. I'm quite fond of sarcasm as well, yet I can't share your taste for long skirts. I feel confined in them, and in shorter skirts I feel odd.
Besides books and tadpoles, I find no other interests you have shared in which I can relate to wholeheartedly.
Calvin and Hobbes are both quite nice, though.
Yet, God isn't very gentlemanly. I'm not too fond of him.
Welcome! :D

PapyrusAirplanes

Solfege Maniac
Local time
-->
Heya, peoples...

... Sorry this is so late.
... Actually, no. Not sorry. I've just been rather reclusive lately.

God is one of your favourite things?

*Points at the door*

OUT!

Kids?

*Revokes your INTP card*

Ooooh, but Monty Python is grand yes.

Ahem.

*Points at the door again*

Ahem yourself. Please do not take this offensively, because I don't mean it to be so (and if you do you're surely becoming an F):
Just for your freakin' info, bub, this is the INTPforum, not the WeHateGodAndChildrenSuckforum. I remember reading in a couple of profiles that INTPs actually make great parents, though they expect a lot from their children scholastically and intellectually. So you can have your little Anti-God-Anti-Spawn Party, but please don't force it on everyone else.

... But we can all enjoy Monty Python in perfect harmony.

citrusbreath95 said:
Hello airplane! Great to have another female INTP , and also another fellow believer as well .

Heya, hon! We shall talk. I guess we are rather rare, no? PM me, or I'll PM you, or something.

Attn: NoID10ts
I love you, too. *rolls eyes*
In all seriousness, though, I believe what I believe because I've researched and calculated and found it both to be the most probable and the most rewarding option. I'll try not to push it down anyone's throat; however, I have good reasons to believe in Christ as the Son of God, and to believe in God at all, so I may post about that every once in a while.
Suck it up and deal.

And no, I don't currently live in Southeastern Idaho. I wish I did. I hope to move there when I'm finished with my degree.

A'ight, kids, let's begin the fun. *smirks*

http://http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aqrBYRCxy2E&feature=PlayList&p=5370CB315917A9F1&playnext_from=PL&playnext=1&index=17
(My XSTX sister and I want to try this. Awesome, no?)

Kuu

>>Loading
Local time
Today 12:44 PM
-->
Hi there. Great thread title and avatar.

Calvin and Hobbes is made entirely of Win. If there is a God I could not believe that it is not Hobbes.

Sarcasm is ok I guess, but Monty Python sucks.

And I don't think most people here hate children, you will find. I personally love them! Medium rare and with a nice chianti, a delicacy of the finest sort.

Religious threads here are notorious for their abysmal quality, I would be wary to enter such a fray without a tempered mind. Trollish provocateurs abound on either side, and civilized discourse is quick to disappear. If you can wade through the tides of filth and focus on the pearls of wisdom, and are capable of agreeing to disagree and knowing when to quit, then by all means...

nexion

coalescing in diffusion
Local time
-->
What's with all the hostility? I don't see why we can't just live together in harmony?

Hello, Airplanes. I think we have spoken before. Err.... maybe.

Quite an interesting list of interests. I could call almost none of them mine (hiking, God, and books being the exceptions). Even still, I think the ideas you add to the discussions in many facets shall be quite interesting, and, hopefully, entertaining.

Am I the only one who feels that practically everyone on this forum types in a way as to seem extroverted? Quite peculiar, really...

PapyrusAirplanes

Solfege Maniac
Local time
-->
Kuu:
Thanks for the advice! And yes, God and Hobbes must have similar qualities. *laugh*
Your dislike of Monty Python, however, is... unexpected. Why don't you like it?

Mr. xxPBDudexx:
Sorry if I seem hostile. My siblings were being rather obnoxious yesterday, and I think that may have altered my Online State a bit. *smirk*

And there's no WAY that some of these people can be Introverted! My INTP friend and I were talking about the Forum a bit ago, and she said she has a screen name but never posts because she's never feeling Extroverted enough. The only reason I have energy enough to post now is because we're on vacation and not dealing with people all the time.

There should be a thread on "How E/I are you... REALLY?" to see if anyone comes out of hiding. *laugh*

Thanks! Nice to meet y'all!

nexion

coalescing in diffusion
Local time
-->
Kuu:
Thanks for the advice! And yes, God and Hobbes must have similar qualities. *laugh*
Your dislike of Monty Python, however, is... unexpected. Why don't you like it?

Mr. xxPBDudexx:
Sorry if I seem hostile. My siblings were being rather obnoxious yesterday, and I think that may have altered my Online State a bit. *smirk*

And there's no WAY that some of these people can be Introverted! My INTP friend and I were talking about the Forum a bit ago, and she said she has a screen name but never posts because she's never feeling Extroverted enough. The only reason I have energy enough to post now is because we're on vacation and not dealing with people all the time.

There should be a thread on "How E/I are you... REALLY?" to see if anyone comes out of hiding. *laugh*

Thanks! Nice to meet y'all!
I really don't find physically draining just to post, as I am not having direct communication with anyone. It's just... some of the posts on this forum are... insane. I think I'm about 80% introverted.

Top Bottom