• OK, it's on.
  • Please note that many, many Email Addresses used for spam, are not accepted at registration. Select a respectable Free email.
  • Done now. Domine miserere nobis.

Is Architect a misogynist?

See thread title

• Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

walfin

Democrazy
Local time
Today 4:21 PM
-->
He's been posting some threads lately which may be seen as critical of women like the STEM thread etc.

Base groove

Banned
Local time
Today 2:21 AM
-->
No he's just trying to study (Ti) a pattern he's noticing (Ne) and he's trying to collect actual data now (Si) that he can use for his study (Ti), as well as to find new patterns (Ne) that weren't there before (Si) so he can connect properly with other people (Fe) and be appreciated (Fe).

Architect

Professional INTP
Local time
-->
Actually the point behind my STEM thread is a subtle one, which like to many points gets lost. It is that STEM encouragement is actually hurting women, not helping, because it both misunderstands the issue, and treats the effect rather than the cause and ultimately is a form of control. It's demeaning to women to trot them out on videos like the one I posted, like prized animals, it emphasizes ...

• There's something wrong with women
  • We've made them to not like STEM (never mind what they really want)
  • STEM is the best thing in the world, therefore women are oppressed because they're not in it enough
  • See, you can be just like these working women, and not in the awful place you are now

Again the whole system is a form of mind or perspective control, which tells women "unless you go into STEM, you are living an inferior life". Then when they get older and want kids and a family, women have the double, triple pressure of having to keep that STEM career going, and be mothers/parents, and still try and keep their relationship going.

Men have a tenth of the pressure that women do, and we don't have stupid rah-rah programs like this trying to convince us who and what we should be. Men are largely given the great gift of freedom and independence in society. Women? They're constantly being told what and who they should be, and how they should act*. They're the most commoditized living creature on this planet. I won't go into it but just see how women are treated in the Childbirth industry and you'll understand.

I'm highly disappointed, of all people I would have expected you folks to see the subtlety of these ideas and the reality behind the collective fiction. I voted "yes" because the poll is so idiotic. Am I wasting my time here? I'll have to think about that.

* Half the material for this idea comes from my INFJ, who has no interest to go into STEM, but she feels the pressure. It actually makes her feel bad, that she didn't have one of those high powered careers.

Base groove

Banned
Local time
-->
Women? They're constantly being told what and who they should be, and how they should act*.

* Half the material for this idea comes from my INFJ, who has no interest to go into STEM, but she feels the pressure. It actually makes her feel bad, that she didn't have one of those high powered careers.

Has it occurred to you that you could be a perpetrator?

Architect

Professional INTP
Local time
-->

TimeAsylums

Prolific Member
Local time
-->
I'm highly disappointed, of all people I would have expected you folks to see the subtlety of these ideas and the reality behind the collective fiction. I voted "yes" because the poll is so idiotic. Am I wasting my time here? I'll have to think about that.

They're trying to Larry Summers you, man

Absurdity

Prolific Member
Local time
Today 1:21 AM
-->
No witch hunts.

Poll removed and thread closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom