• OK, it's on.
  • Please note that many, many Email Addresses used for spam, are not accepted at registration. Select a respectable Free email.
  • Done now. Domine miserere nobis.

INTPx Refugees

TeresaJ

Redshirt
Local time
Today 1:18 AM
-->
Anyone here? How's this for a new spot?

To the locals: Mind if we crash your pad?

gator

Redshirt
Local time
Today 6:18 AM
-->
Hello. Is it me you're looking for?

Siouxsie

Local time
Today 2:18 AM
-->
It´s kinda slow and I don´t think they would...

Limey

Local time
-->
My avatar looks weird in this universe. I don't know if they even have humour here. I think they have a wild Chad here.

Daddy

Making the Frogs Gay
Local time
-->
Two questions
What's an INTPx?
Aren't INTPs refugees by default?

Limey

Local time
-->
Two questions
What's an INTPx?

INTPx was a forum called INTP complex. Before that, there was INTP Central. There is now just this forum and INTP.live

This is the third iteration of Zion. It too will fall.

washti

yo vengo para lo mío
Local time
Today 7:18 AM
-->
dark castle much robust. your ppl have silly domain.
im the chad.

crippli

disturbed
Local time
-->
Hi long time, Limey. Do you think there might be a reason why shit went sideways?

Jennywocky

Tacky Flamingo
Local time
-->

Limey

Local time
-->
Hi long time, Limey. Do you think there might be a reason why shit went sideways?

I don't think it went sideways. People just got tired of dancing the dance. Big social media is killing forums and it seems that millennials and zoomers aren't picking up the format.
These forums are like small, family run businesses and Costco, Wal-Mart, Amazon are all taking their clientele away.
I thought you were in Norway, but your little flag says Netherlands. Have you become a dutchy, are using a VPN, or is the software just not very good at being able to tell - I have it tricked into thinking I'm in Romania, it seems.

crippli

disturbed
Local time
-->
Well. You should know. I am where I have always been, sort of. Maybe the forum software. Or I might have been drunk. Who knows. Dutch. Oh. Sounds clustered. Regardles. I hope you guys settle in. And see you later.

scorpiomover

The little professor
Local time
-->
Only if they are fleeing death squads.

They're more likely to be hermits, and stay at home instead.

scorpiomover

The little professor
Local time
-->
This is the third iteration of Zion. It too will fall.
Not if Neo can negotiate a truce with the Machine World.

scorpiomover

The little professor
Local time
-->
Big social media is killing forums and it seems that millennials and zoomers aren't picking up the format. These forums are like small, family run businesses and Costco, Wal-Mart, Amazon are all taking their clientele away.
Agreed.

A few reasons:

1) When I look at social media, it seems that people seem to be using media for either watching/posting cat videos, wedding pics, birthdays of their children, and announcing social events. They're not having debates.

2) Another reason for people to use social media is to drum up support for something like BLM. Again, these things are just about wearing a badge and showing your support. No debates.

3) Things have become so political these days, that practically any conversation about anything meaningful, like threads about politics, religion and relationships, seem to turn into flame wars. So forums, which exist to provide meaningful conversations, now seem to mostly have either threads that turn into flame wars, that are painful for all involved, or they are about meaningless topics like "count to 1 million".

4) Forums, and the internet in general, were popular, because they were a safe space where you were free to express your views, without worrying about being attacked or fired for your POV or your religion or things like that.

These days, you're far more likely to get attacked on the internet, than in real life.

Moreover, a lot of companies now look at your Facebook page, and won't hire someone who has expressed an unpopular opinion on the internet.

So the politicisation of worthwhile topics, has made forums not fit for purpose.

Dman

Redshirt
Local time
Yesterday 11:18 PM
-->
I think I skipped the last iteration. For some reason I woke up today thinking of the old intp central of so long ago…and found myself here

Dman

Redshirt
Local time
Yesterday 11:18 PM
-->
Btw a lot of zombie threads here, I’m not hopeful

Limey

Local time
-->
I think I skipped the last iteration. For some reason I woke up today thinking of the old intp central of so long ago…and found myself here
I remember only two things about you. Tall dude who loves his SUVs?

Top Bottom