• OK, it's on.
  • Please note that many, many Email Addresses used for spam, are not accepted at registration. Select a respectable Free email.
  • Done now. Domine miserere nobis.

INTPs games #2

games

• rts

Votes: 5 11.9%
  • other strategy

Votes: 4 9.5%
  • rpg

Votes: 18 42.9%
  • mmorpg

Votes: 6 14.3%
  • shooter

Votes: 4 9.5%
  • hack & slash

Votes: 2 4.8%
  • card game

Votes: 3 7.1%
  • sports

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Ex-User (8886)

Local time
Today 4:18 AM
-->
Forgot about poll and this forum is shit so I have to make new thread.

kris

thbbft
Local time
Yesterday 8:18 PM
-->
Rpg was the first genre to really grab me as a kid. Shining Force II and Phantasy Star IV in particular stood out. I've never really outgrown it.

Jennywocky

Tacky Flamingo
Local time
Yesterday 11:18 PM
-->
The first games I got into as a kid (once I had options beyond Atari) were the Infocom adventures (Zork, etc.), Ultima, King's Quest, etc. It's not that I don't enjoy FPS and action games (like driving games) on occasion, but I tend to prefer RPGs. I've also played a number of MMORPGs.

Despite what one might think, I was also pretty decent at fighting games if I put the time in to learn the character and how to chain moves decently enough. But I still tend to think strategically (I learn what moves the other guys will likely do and then play accordingly, vs being entirely in the moment).

As far as card games go, I'm into stuff like Spades, Hearts, and Bridge.

kris

thbbft
Local time
-->
For any fighting game I've played, someone would eventually place a moratorium on using certain characters. Raiden for MK1 and Cammy for one of the earliest iterations of Street Fighter are the two I recall best. I won't lie; I was a cheap and petty bastard with characters I liked.

Jennywocky

Tacky Flamingo
Local time
-->
For any fighting game I've played, someone would eventually place a moratorium on using certain characters. Raiden for MK1 and Cammy for one of the earliest iterations of Street Fighter are the two I recall best. I won't lie; I was a cheap and petty bastard with characters I liked.

haha!

I started SF with Street Fighter 2. The first three characters I beat the actual game with (I think) were Honda, Chun Li, and Zangief; I eventually did beat the game with every character. (I always despised Blanca, he was the easiest to play and people would just do that stupid spinning ball trick all the time.)

I remember pissing people off when I would beat them using Dhalsim -- he looks like he should be a pushover, and you can just really embarrass someone by actually winning consistently.

I played the Marvel Superheroes version, SF3, Virtua Fighter 2 (I usually played Sarah or the drunk old man), Tekken 2+, etc. But SF2 was probably the one I was best at. there was one guy at the arcade who i did beat occasionally, but he was really good -- especially with Ryu and Ken. Just annoying... he had the super-uppercuts down perfectly.

principle

Local time
-->
haha!

I started SF with Street Fighter 2. The first three characters I beat the actual game with (I think) were Honda, Chun Li, and Zangief; I eventually did beat the game with every character. (I always despised Blanca, he was the easiest to play and people would just do that stupid spinning ball trick all the time.)

I remember pissing people off when I would beat them using Dhalsim -- he looks like he should be a pushover, and you can just really embarrass someone by actually winning consistently.

I played the Marvel Superheroes version, SF3, Virtua Fighter 2 (I usually played Sarah or the drunk old man), Tekken 2+, etc. But SF2 was probably the one I was best at. there was one guy at the arcade who i did beat occasionally, but he was really good -- especially with Ryu and Ken. Just annoying... he had the super-uppercuts down perfectly.

Im sorry but arent all 2d fighting games simply played by timely situational algorithms?

kris

thbbft
Local time
-->
Im sorry but arent all 2d fighting games simply played by timely situational algorithms?

No, not from a player perspective. There are subjective and objective variables which regulate character preference and selection. Characters in games are also not always evenly balanced.

Jennywocky

Tacky Flamingo
Local time
-->
^^ that... and what's there to be sorry for, exactly? :confused: (We're talking about personal preferences, and I also picked RPGs as mine.)

principle

Local time
-->
No, not from a player perspective. There are subjective and objective variables which regulate character preference and selection. Characters in games are also not always evenly balanced.

Ah got u.

And to jenny I have no idea lol

Yasaka no Magatama

Realistic Romanticism
Local time
-->
I mostly like fighting games, role-playing games and shooting games. My favorite game is Soul Calibur, specially the fourth which I still play on Xbox.

Jaffa

Local time
-->
I ticked the RTS box, I grew up with games like Command & Conquer/Starcraft and while I enjoy other genres I find myself drawn towards strategy games. Plus, it's something that I'm good at.

I'm currently playing Distant Worlds: Universe - This game is amazing. Uber complex 4X strategy space sim.

del

Randomly Generated
Local time
-->
I prefer turn-based to real time strategy. I find that it eliminates the twitch element and allows you to focus more purely on the strategy. Although games like Starcraft and Wargame are badass.

TBS + RPG with immersive storytelling are really my ideal kind of games.

joe2718

Redshirt
Local time
Yesterday 10:18 PM
-->
I prefer turn-based to real time strategy. I find that it eliminates the twitch element and allows you to focus more purely on the strategy. Although games like Starcraft and Wargame are badass.

TBS + RPG with immersive storytelling are really my ideal kind of games.

What about something like a Caesar III where you can turn the speed all the way down so a real time can act like a turn based game.

I never played starcraft but didn't see it in Warcraft (before the mmo) or Command and Conquer lines.

J-man

Cobra Kai
Local time
Yesterday 10:18 PM
-->
Why isn't racing games an option? I love racing games, not even trolling. I like some RPGs.

Can't stand FPS's. Never cared for fighting games. When I was a kid my cousin always wanted to play Mortal Kombat and I was bored as fuck. Maybe I have low T. Who knows.

smithcommajohn

Do not consume with alcohol
Local time
-->
RPG is my favorite genre, I suppose. I like to get lost in other worlds and forget reality. I do like other genres as well. The only games I dislike are forced multi-player where you are playing with a bunch of unknowns whose primary function in life is to ruin my gaming experience.

Top Bottom