• OK, it's on.
  • Please note that many, many Email Addresses used for spam, are not accepted at registration. Select a respectable Free email.
  • Done now. Domine miserere nobis.

INTP shit you did as a child

freedomchaser24

Redshirt
Local time
Today 11:05 PM
-->
Got into trouble (a lot!). Never seemed to fit in with the general population so lived in my own fantastical paracosm (and still do to some extent)
:p

Polaris

Prolific Member
Local time
Today 11:05 AM
-->
I shat. Many times. Still do, I do good shits.

Chrono

The Lurker
Local time
Today 3:05 PM
-->
4th Grade: Quiet, had terrible grades (D's and F's), but read more books than my entire grade. Teacher always got mad because I would just read during class and ignore her. Was very antisocial, and got depression because of my parents over my grades.

6th Grade: Went to a summer camp and had a tutor that was pretty impressed by my scores. Took a practice PSAT and apparently got one of the highest scores, though I was the youngest of a class of mainly high school students and exactly one other middle school student.

7th & 8th Grade: Grades tanked, and discovered a passion for physics, economics, and computer programming. Was bored in all of my classes, especially science and math, though I was in the advanced class. Began reading high school and college level stuff actively.

Too lazy to write about more, so I'll just stop here. :smoker:

OrcaNerd

Making it up as I go
Local time
-->
My birthday is in September, before the autumnal equinox. In first grade, the teacher asked, at the end of the year, if everyone with a summer birthday would come to the front to have the class sing to them. I stood up and went to the front. My birthday IS in the summer. My teacher told me it isn't. I pulled out the calendar, pointed to my birthday and to the first day of autumn.

I always asked "why," which pissed my parents off to no end. I have always been too stupid to catch on to fact they never have and never will say anything besides "I said so" so I still keep asking.

I developed an obsession with cetaceans by the time I was 4 or 5. When I was in 3rd grade, my parents bought be a college textbook on the biology of marine mammals. BEST CHRISTMAS EVER. Every time I went to a bookstore, I zipped to the animal section and poured through the cetacean books to find which ones would provide me with new information before begging for it.

I insisted on watching "Wild Discovery," a nature documentary, every week. It was the only night I was allowed to stay up past my bed time.

I would point out inconsistencies and injustice. My older brother was allowed to whatever and I got so sick of being told, essentially, I was being treated differently because I am a girl.

I always asked what an unfamiliar word meant.

I was diagnosed with ADHD (supposedly INTPs are more likely to have it).

I have an identical twin, an INTJ. My mother says she could tell us apart in cave darkness by picking one of us up. If the kid tensed and went stiff, it was me. If you're not my husband, don't touch me!

I had a general misunderstanding of how people think and I was always called weird. That's probably too general. LOL.

Local time
Tomorrow 10:05 AM
-->
I got left behind in an airport in africa by accident when I was 7. When my parents returned an hour and a half lately, I strolled up non chalantly and got in the car. My dad asked "ARE YOU OK?!!?!?! WHAT HAPPENED!!?". I was like *non chalantly* "yeah I'm fine".

In hindsight I hadn't a clue of the gravity of the situation. I just found a police officer, he took me to his office for a while and I drank milo and ate cookies and watched tv. I was totally at ease.

I also cooked noodles for myself when I was 3

StevenM

beep
Local time
Today 6:05 PM
-->
When I was around 8 or 9, I happened to get one of those pen lasers from someone at school.

I was disappointed with it's uselessness, so I rigged up a 9-volt battery from an alarm clock to it. I was slightly amused for a short while with it's increased intensity. But soon I got bored with that.

So I set out to strip wires from the power cord from my alarm clock. I wasn't aware of the fact of what a 120V AC power supply would do to a small pen laser, but I sure found out afterwards... :p

Also, around the same age, I stole my dad's lighters and carefully played with lighter fluid. I would fill up a glass full of lighter fluid and was amused with the brief blue torch I had made.

I made a lot of cool weapons with the limited resources that I had. No internet help.

I took anything mechanical or electrical apart, and attempted to invent my own stuff.

When I was a little younger, I loved the library. I was obsessed with anything that other people find repulsive. So I would take out anything and everything on spiders, snakes, skunks, bugs, bats, and soaked in everything like a sponge.

I got a telescope for a present from a family christmas. I spied on neighbours from afar.

Bock

caffeine fiend
Local time
Tomorrow 12:05 AM
-->
Playing with my NES, i inserted every game i had and ran it for a few seconds, before i reached the game i was actually going to play - all this so that the other games wouldn't feel "sad". Toy Story didn't help.

Probably not especially "INTP", more like fucked in the head.

innievee

Redshirt
Local time
-->
This thread is hilarious ;). I wasn't a trouble maker at all but definitely eccentric. I "played" with Barbie's but not in a regular manner. I had no interest in bopping them about and dressing them up just to be pretty. I played storylines, dark intricate storylines. There were affairs, high speed car chases, suicides, fake pregnancies, murders, funerals, kidnappings, alien abductions, drownings (in the bathtub), burials (in the backyard), jury trials, etc. If you couldn't get with the storyline you couldn't play with my Barbies...period. Strangely I planned more than I actually played. I would spend hours organizing the clothes, "constructing" sets, and working out story archs and character profiles, naming the damn dolls took even more time. Everything had to be just right before I could even think of playing. I used to blame my mother's soap operas for all of this but I realize now that I didn't even watch them with her at that point. I thought everyone played this way but clearly not as I've had many strange looks when I've told people this in the past. I still do the same things now with my Sims.

phen the hobo

Redshirt
Local time
-->
In first grade my teacher would practice vocabulary words with the class and I was always way ahead of everybody so she would let me sit at the table and read a book while the rest of the class would continue practicing. My favorite book was "There Was An Old Lady Who Swallowed a Fly".

In second grade I would procrastinate on my HW and then try to convince my mum to let me skip school. Sometimes it worked. I also forged parent's signatures on the reading list homework. (I would do more reading than was required, but would always forget to get the paper signed. One of the few times my mum actually signed, she was half asleep and the signature looked like a terrible attempt at forgery. After that, I just signed for myself.)

In third grade I pretended to pee on a friend. Made my teacher spill hand sanitizer on the carpet. Ditched school on a day I had a doctor's appointment because I thought my mum had forgotten to pick me up (forgot my backpack too).

In fourth grade I set the record for the Accelerated Reader program (which was, years later, broken by an Asian kid). I didn't cause problems, I just mostly went with the flow. Report card would say: "Phen has a lot of potential and no motivation. He tends to distract other children but when called upon always knows the answer to the question."

In junior high, became a loner who spent most of recess walking around the playground. Slacked and bullshitted my way through seventh and eighth grade.

For high school I went to an independent study charter school and just kinda scraped by. For senior year, I had the option to graduate early, but I took an art class instead. Was supposed to take Physics and Principles of Engineering but I didn't feel like it. (Now that I'm in college I am enjoying physics and engineering :p)

gwilley2

Redshirt
Local time
Today 4:05 PM
-->
Well my mom tells me I learned how to talk early but just stopped talking all of a sudden, still don't know what that was about.
When I was in kindergarten I asked for a glass of milk from my mom and she said she would give me one once I said please. Three days later I went up to her and said please and she didn't even remember what I was talking about.

Local time
-->
Playing with my NES, i inserted every game i had and ran it for a few seconds, before i reached the game i was actually going to play - all this so that the other games wouldn't feel "sad".

yes!! this has triggered memories of my own similar behaviour. i used to pretend to put pepper on my food (i didn't like pepper) so that the pepper pot wouldn't feel neglected/jealous because i favoured the salt pot.

fucked in the head.

yep.

Minicool

The Lazy Thinker
Local time
-->
Chose my actual pseudonym.
Tried to make moisture sentient.
Literally dismantled my computer for a interesting puzzle ( that was kinda dumb )
Trying to fooled gravity with high air-resistance object, maint time, by jumping off the roof.

Yeah...
I was kinda 'XTREMLY fool when I was young..

Saiyan Pride
Local time
-->
I got to go to recess like once every two months. I must have been horrible.

QuickTwist

Spiritual "Woo"
Local time
Today 5:05 PM
-->
I was and am very confused by the simplicity of life. I was a violent child who would do things like beat up a kid at church and use a Judo throw I just learned from my friend on my sister. I had no idea what I was doing. I was just mad at the universe. I don't know if this is considered INTP behavior or not -nor do I care. This just seemed like a good area to place this information. I have learned through making mistakes that it is better to listen than to blindly act and I think this would be considered INTP behavior.

Saiyan Pride
Local time
-->
I was and am very confused by the simplicity of life. I was a violent child who would do things like beat up a kid at church and use a Judo throw I just learned from my friend on my sister. I had no idea what I was doing. I was just mad at the universe. I don't know if this is considered INTP behavior or not -nor do I care. This just seemed like a good area to place this information. I have learned through making mistakes that it is better to listen than to blindly act and I think this would be considered INTP behavior.

I had similar behavior up until I was about fourteen. After that came my emo phase.

QuickTwist

Spiritual "Woo"
Local time
-->
I had my "emo" phase (if you want to call it that) from 7th grade a quart-way through the year until a quarter way through my junior year in high school. I wouldn't call it emo though -I was a very bitter person who didn't want anything to do with anyone personally. Then I started to learn. I did not grasp what I was learning until I had been out of high school for 5 years. I have learned to let the universe direct me rather than trying to change what I cannot. I am still learning this concept.

Pepsis Formosa

Redshirt
Local time
-->
My parents often complain that when I was a toddler, two or three, I would always challenge their authority logically rather than emotionally. For instance, after misbehaving, probably sneaking a cookie or something, they would spank me. They would then explain to me that what they were doing was for my own benefit and because they love me. I would always respond by declaring "If that is love, I don't want it." This is quite a complex thought process for a toddler. Not only did I not argue semantically, as most toddlers would, I accepted their definition and simply disregarded the need for affectionate reinforcement. They periodically complain about how miserable I was to parent because I would challenge their belief systems from a very young age. I was raised in a Christian home, so I had a lot of theology introduced into my life to think about. I would often ask questions my parents did not know the answer to, whether scientifically or logically, they could not provide one.

Also, I had a habit of convincing my friends of things totally untrue just for fun (e.g. if you dig deep enough, you will find Satan).

I was home-schooled most of my life, so I do not have the public education woes many of you do. However, I was the most popular kid in kindergarten and would manipulate my classmates into doing things for me to the point at which my teacher was forced to isolate me during recess and "reading time."

not_overjoyed

Redshirt
Local time
-->
A few things.

I once stepped on a bee while at the swimming pool at my famies apartment complx one summer. Everyone kept telling me not to go to that corner of the pool to get in, but no one would actually say why, so my contrary self went there anyway and got stung. I would have been about five or six at the time. I was pretty annoyed at eveyone there for not giving me a good enough reason. Also, in first grade I kept having my recess taken away for talking in class, but was never specifically told that was why. I kept talking until my Mom told me very bluntly that I needed to shut up during class if I wanted to keep my recess. I'm not sure how indicative that is of my INTPness, but it does show the stubborn insistance on having a good logical reason to something.

Also, there was one time in a high school tigonometry class where we were doing proofs and I took 15 steps to solve one that could have been solved in 5. The teacher was actually pretty impressed.

Just Me

Redshirt
Local time
-->
A few things.

I once stepped on a bee while at the swimming pool at my famies apartment complx one summer. Everyone kept telling me not to go to that corner of the pool to get in, but no one would actually say why, so my contrary self went there anyway and got stung. I would have been about five or six at the time. I was pretty annoyed at eveyone there for not giving me a good enough reason. Also, in first grade I kept having my recess taken away for talking in class, but was never specifically told that was why. I kept talking until my Mom told me very bluntly that I needed to shut up during class if I wanted to keep my recess. I'm not sure how indicative that is of my INTPness, but it does show the stubborn insistance on having a good logical reason to something.

Also, there was one time in a high school tigonometry class where we were doing proofs and I took 15 steps to solve one that could have been solved in 5. The teacher was actually pretty impressed.

I did almost the same thing as stepping on the bee, except in my case it was an ant hill. We were at a pond and there was a memorial plaque that I wanted to read. Didn't even notice the ant bites until my mom scooped me up and started knocking them off. When she asked why I didn't move, I just told her I never saw the ant hill and I wanted to read the sign.

Cherry Cola

Banned
Local time
-->
I had my "emo" phase (if you want to call it that) from 7th grade a quart-way through the year until a quarter way through my junior year in high school. I wouldn't call it emo though -I was a very bitter person who didn't want anything to do with anyone personally. Then I started to learn. I did not grasp what I was learning until I had been out of high school for 5 years. I have learned to let the universe direct me rather than trying to change what I cannot. I am still learning this concept.

You have a perpetual aura of frustration though. Like you're trying to get something across but you can tell from the replies that you get that what you write is never received in the way you wanted it to be.

TheManBeyond

Banned
Local time
-->
Objects in the mirror might look closer than they
I bought Encarta, it had a sample of Sepultura's Refuse Resist. this got me into hard rock-metal, blabla.
EDIT: my father bought it.

Local time
-->
INTP stuff I did as a kid? God, there's so much...

-When I was 3 I was apparently playing hide and seek with my mother, and I hid so well and stayed still and quiet for so long that she very nearly ended up calling the police after more than an hour. I was a 3 year old with a taste for sadism.
-At 3 I also tried to make grilled cheese with a VCR. My mother wasn't impressed, I'm told, but in retrospect it seems quite creative and independent.
-I could read easily before I was 5 and in kindergarten.
-At 6 I used to stare at my bedroom ceiling and go through the classic 'double the previous number' algorithm in my head. 2+2=4, 4+4=8. I recall making it up to 256 before getting a bit stumped with my mental arithmetic.
-In grade 1 or 2 I had an atlas that I absolutely adored. I would read it and compare statistics from different countries for hours on end.
-I relentlessly challenged authority.
-Got in trouble for reading when I was supposed to be sleeping regularly. I once remember my mother saying, "I suppose she could be up doing worse things."
-Always completely happy to play with myself for hours. I also daydreamed a lot.
-I once called someone an "arrogant, pompous prick" when I was 11.
-My Fe was pretty out of hand and I tried and failed miserably at fitting in. Never fully got along with most kids. They thought I was weird. In all fairness, I tried to compensate for my innate weirdness that I was quite aware of, although hidden from them, with external weirdness that took on the form of class-clown. I acted like an absolute idiot. Unbearably hyper. They tried to blame it all on ADHD.
-I was told that I'll never get wrinkles because I rarely have a facial expression. Also that I'm pretty emotionless.

awolfnamedfox

BlueShirt
Local time
-->
This is going to be totally scatterbrained and in no real order.
When I was about six, I figured out the whole Santa Clause thing. I was looking out my parents' car window, watching snow fall, thinking to myself that if new years in China isn't on the same day as it is here, how could Santa make it around the work in "one night" for Christmas? And besides that, I just couldn't imagine him having time to deliver all those presents and eat that many cookies. So, out of nowhere, I asked my parents if he was real. They stared at each other and told me the truth. I replied with "I thought so."
I also had a similar situation with chicken. I asked my parents what it was made of one night as we were eating. They told me, with looks of concern for me not wanting to eat an animal once I found out. But I just nodded and continued to eat.
I got terrible grades when I was in public school. Nothing ever moved fast enough for me. I just got bored and didn't do the homework, but got amazing grades on tests. I even skipped 6th grade.
When I was in preschool - grade school, I only had one friend at a time, and it was only the person I thought was the smartest out of all the rest of the class.
I brought cool things in for show and tell, like once I brought pumice rock to show everyone that it floats and to explain why.
I got made fun of. A lot.
When I was around 10, I started making "experiments" with lotion and nail polish and body spray, various household chemicals, fire. My bedroom carpet was covered in stains.
Once, I ran away from home, left a note and everything, I even took the dog and my bike, just to see what would happen. I wasn't going to stay gone, and I didn't. I was just gone for two hours. But I was like 12. And my bedroom was open, which wasn't normal. When I came back, no one had even noticed.
When I was in middle/high school, I experimented with my own pain levels.
I got tested more than once for add and adhd.
I saw two counselors.
I liked writing essays, to the point that when I was taking the istep once, I almost ran out of time because my essay was so long.
I enjoyed doing the practice tests for the SAT's. When I was about 5, I decided I wanted to be a paleontologist. No one ever knew what I was talking about when I told them that.
I was way into the Magic School Bus, Bill Nye the Science Guy, shows like those, and nature documentaries. Discovery Kids was an awesome channel before it turned into all reality shows.
My dad and I used to play this game, or at least I thought it was a game, where he would throw a scenario at me and I would tell him how I would get out of it. Then, he would add details to make it harder and I would have to work my way around it. I always won.

JAYBAGS

Systems Theorist
Local time
-->
I was 9 and I argued with an adult about why I thought the universe wasn't expanding, and what someone would do when they reached the edge. I had never read about it, but I astonished a few people who happened to be listening in. I still wonder about this.

Also, I had made up in my mind a few years after that, that pokemon cards weren't good enough, and I had to design my own, with better stats and more types. I had gotten 4 or 5 other kids involved and we had drawn up around 60 cards before I lost interest in it and left them to the rest.

I was a strange child.

ana

Ana
Local time
-->
hmm im not sure what counts but my quirks...im sure are related
ill follow any rule-that i see reason for. if i see no valid reason and dont get one, i wont care and will break it purposly
ill argue-even if i agree
i see no saddness in death
i oftenly upset feelings without meaning too
and then i dont understand what the big deal was
and i feel i have taught myself how to function humanly. i dont care for x y or z but a b and c do, so i roll with it:kodama1:

ana

Ana
Local time
-->
yes!! this has triggered memories of my own similar behaviour. i used to pretend to put pepper on my food (i didn't like pepper) so that the pepper pot wouldn't feel neglected/jealous because i favoured the salt pot.

yes!
for me it was with nearly everything
i most certainly was like that with my nes
and i was like that with books, movies, ect
everything had to be used for a little so nothing was sad or forgotten :king-twitter:

themfed

Redshirt
Local time
-->
Believe it or not, but I was the fucking man in kindergarten. I somehow (don't ask me how it started, I really can't remember) established my own "party", in which I was the dictator. Everyone 4-6 years old had to join. I controlled like 30 kids. I even had a chain of command involving some of my friends. Then one of my friends started his own party, and we had gangfights when it was outdoor playtime.

And no, I'm seriously not making this up.

You just reminded me that I did the same thing. We had big stick wars in an area the teachers couldn't see us. After getting in trouble once I started getting worried and soon after that I decided to stop.

k9b4

Banned
Local time
Tomorrow 7:35 AM
-->
In primary school I had a shock pen thing which zaps you if you press the button.

I used to hold it to the line of metal water bubblers and zap everybody who was getting a drink.

Jennywocky

Tacky Flamingo
Local time
-->
In primary school I had a shock pen thing which zaps you if you press the button.

I used to hold it to the line of metal water bubblers and zap everybody who was getting a drink.

I like how you think.

durd141

Lurker
Local time
-->

did that even work ? i recall trying it but not working, maybe i tried it on a non conductor, maybe my pen didn't have enough volts/amps or whatever

k9b4

Banned
Local time
Tomorrow 7:35 AM
-->
did that even work ? i recall trying it but not working, maybe i tried it on a non conductor, maybe my pen didn't have enough volts/amps or whatever
It only works if you touch their skin to your skin, to complete the circuit.

Desired Username

Expert Star Extortionist
Local time
-->
.... I'd do my own thing in a lot of classes, especially math. It reached a point where I ignored the teacher and found my own way of figuring things out. I never did my homework.

Ha, I still am not sure how I managed school, as I can't think of many times I payed any attention. Math was the only subject where I had to pay at least a half a quarter of attention in order to get a nice C or so. Wasn't until I ignored the teacher, studied the problems my own way, that I finally figured it all out.

When I had told the teacher of my discovery (considering my dire grades in math, felt the teacher would of been glad to hear what I had to say?), she told me that wasn't the right way and that I would fail if I did it that way. I passed.

This was the main reason why I held my head down and didn't talk to anyone all throughout Middle school and high school. literally. A cute girl may try talking to me, I would just stand there in silence. With the poor track record I had with trying to communicate with people previously, I knew it was best to just keep quiet and not even bother.

It was pretty funny.

Belak

Local time
-->
Stuff I have done and am still doing.

I'm pretty average

I learned how to read pretty early, like first grade(at this time I was extroverted) after that I would read all the time. I was at a 7th grade lvl in 2-3rd grade

Kindergarten was my most naughty year, I was super only and would wreak havoc with my group of friends. Second grade was not as bad but it was bad.

I was outgoing and on ray up until 4th grade

5th grade(first year of introversion

Up to seventh grade, had like three friends

In 8th grade I moved to a really small town but ironically a bigger school, I then decided that I could do well in school and started to put effort In. I made distinction honor roll.

9th, I am still trying, starting to read lots of nonfiction and watching house md

I've had like two or three personality changes over time

Mordecai

Nostalgic Time Transcender
Local time
-->
Stopped pledging when I realized it became so robotic and instinctive that I wouldn't even think about why I was pledging, only obeying.

Also I would question people about their logic until the teacher told me to stop asking "why"

Apparently at the age when I began talking, as long as my parents could present a logical explanation for anything, like why I needed to take baths, I wouldn't object to it.

When I stapled my finger in first grade, a) it was because I was trying to understanding how staplers worked and b) I examined my wound, decided I needed medical attention, calmly walked up and informed my teacher who looked absolutely horrified.

Yellow

for the glory of satan
Local time
Today 4:05 PM
-->
As a kid, my mother (an INFJ) would sit with me as I watched movies, and fast-forward any scenes that were sad or violent. She explained that she didn't want to traumatize me. But at 7 years old, I convinced her let me watch The Neverending Story without censorship. To prove myself, I laughed hysterically as I watched Artax die of sadness. She turned it off and told me that I could never watch that movie again. I realized that it was a test; that she wanted me to show no emotion at all. Though, I would still occasionally laugh at sad things, in the hopes of impressing her with my maturity.

J-man

Cobra Kai
Local time
-->
When I was in first grade we did art projects and the teacher would say, "Remember, you can cut paper off but you can't put it back on." I would say, "You can if you use tape." This pissed off the teacher.

Throughout grade school I challenged teachers which sometimes got the whole class bitching at me. One time in 7th grade we had a quiz where we had to label things as either fact or opinion, and one of the items was something like: "I like swimming." I said it was a fact and it got marked wrong. I argued with the teacher and the class for like a week over that.

When I was outside and it was cold I would say, "It's cold in here," so that I could argue why outside is inside.

I would get report cards with A's and F's.

Throughout 5th grade I skipped recess and went to the room for kids who didn't do their homework (even though I had), so that I could read. One of the books I read was about chess strategies, which seemed to freak the other kids out. I thought I was cool for reading it and I couldn't understand why it hurt my social status.

When I was 13 or 14, I sat in my room, staring at the wall or the TV which was off (I was probably just thinking), and several times over a couple of weeks my dad walked in and asked, "What are you doing?" I'd say, "Waiting," to which he would reply, "You're scaring me." This pleased me.

Once when I was in high school, I had decided I wasn't going to do any classwork. About 15 minutes into the class the teacher approached me and before she opened her mouth, I said, "I'm not a real person." She turned around and went back to her desk.

I don't know if this is INTPish but In fifth grade I masturbated in class and got "caught". The teacher didn't do anything about it; she just smiled. I didn't realize until years later that she knew what I was doing.

Mothwhisperer

A-level Student
Local time
-->
Used to love building forts, but not playing in them. I'd build them for my brother and sister to play in, spend ages making it structurally sound and spacious. When I was very young I built what I thought was an accurate model of a snow-plough out of the living room furniture.

I'm still at school, but I'd just say I am and have always been a pretty average student. I do homework on time, I don't pick fights, I get good (always bordering on but not quite attaining brilliant) grades. I one got told to shut up in a Religion&Philosophy lesson because I refused to treat all the brown-eyed kids in the class as inferior (Teach was trying to create an example of discrimination). He asked us to set them homework whilst we got none. I said we should set them homework to set us homework.

Learnt to read fast (parents managed to teach me before I went to school) and so I read a lot. Until I was 10 I'd only ever had the same two people as friends (and I was the third wheel). I'd always carry a book around and use reading as an excuse not to talk to people. Used to wander around the playground at breaks and got hit more than once by a stray football. Went to one school disco and hated it. Never went to another again.

At home I'd argue constantly with my brother and ENTP sister. It drove out parents up the wall. Used to refuse to go to bed early by sneaking out of my bedroom and sitting on the stairs for hours (nobody knew I was there). I was a stubborn and pretentious child. I still am pretentious, but much less stubborn.

Bijection

Redshirt
Local time
-->
Used to punch in the face anyone who was annoying me because they were annoying me.

Used to point at people attempting in awkward/private behaviours and scream out of my lungs what they were doing ("Look! They're kissing!", "Look! He has to pee!", "Look! He's doing it wrong"). Expecially in public places xD

Used to never argue with anyone because I had been brainwashed for being too violent.

Was asked to skip a year in elementary school 'cause the teachers were bored of me "spoiling" negative numbers and such stuff to other kids ahead of time and pointing out every little inaccuracy they happened to let themselves slip. By the way, I REALLY am not actually that smart, it was just a bad school.

Sometimes, they couldn't even see said inaccuracy.

Sometimes, it didn't exist xD but there was no way of convincing me until I saw that by myself.

If a girl liked me and tried to talk to me, i would act superior and ignore her. Aw, the genious. :facepalm:

Bijection

Redshirt
Local time
-->
When I was in first grade we did art projects and the teacher would say, "Remember, you can cut paper off but you can't put it back on." I would say, "You can if you use tape." This pissed off the teacher.

[...]

I don't know if this is INTPish but In fifth grade I masturbated in class and got "caught". The teacher didn't do anything about it; she just smiled. I didn't realize until years later that she knew what I was doing.

All of the things you listed are/sound like things that I did. And btw oh god if I love masturbating. Truly, more than sex if the girl isn't that good (not that i had many)

sketchcrawl

Redshirt
Local time
Tomorrow 6:05 AM
-->
kindergarten..i don't remember having friends until grade school...and i didn't even care

1st grade school i fought my bully classmate X_X that was when my anger explodes from long-long patience..i was twice of his size (imma girl) and i remember being held by my two other classmates because i was about to chase him with my lunch box in my hand (i was about to hit him)..he ran away crying...i am the first person to stand up against him..xD

i played world of warcraft at 11 and my favorite site was sfogs.com (that was the days of my dial up connection life) :angel:

Olivia

Just go
Local time
-->
Well...Some would say I still am a child...

I used to cry in bed when I was about 9 because I couldn't get my brain to shut up and go to sleep. I still can't get my brain to shut up and go to sleep, I just don't cry about it anymore xD.

I educated myself from 4-10th grade...I'm homeschooled so it was like "here's your books, go learn" :D I'm still in 10th grade so the process continues.

My nickname is "goldfish" because that's how long my attention span is. So now we call spacing out "goldfishing". I've been told I have ADHD multiple times. So I'm either "goldfishing" (we should start calling it INTPing xD) or I'm focusing like there's no tomorrow. I'll go two weeks without doing school and then catch up in three days (okay that only happened once or twice).

Comics and superheroes. Those are both good things.

Olivia

Just go
Local time
-->
Hahaha I just remembered another thing I used to do. When I was five or six, I used to get legitimately angry at my four-year-old brother for pretending. I don't know if that's INTP or not, but he would be like I'm a kitty cat! I'd just be like NO YOU'RE NOT STOP LYING

Alias

empirical miracle
Local time
-->
In third grade, my teacher got sick of teaching the class and thought "Why not have Alias teach the class?". So I did. Third grade was when I noticed I was advanced and intelligent. At that point I was sorted into a class with all the kids who needed 'easy material', and the constant cheating from my tests or being asked for help caused me to realize how much better I was (not trying to be condescending).

mooncrater

Local time
-->
I feel in the mood to do some chronological remembrance. Please bear with me.

Pre-K: I would bring stacks of books to my grandmother, and she would read them all to me. I started reading at 4.

Kindergarten: Loved it. One person got to count to 100 on the abacus in front of everyone. My teacher well knew I could do it, and I eagerly raised my hand every day, but she didn't call on me till nearly the end - to teach me equality, I suppose.

1st grade: A retarded kid in my class seemingly was terribly overwatering his pea plant, not understanding the teacher's guidelines. I thought "That's a shame". His pea plant ended up dwarfing everyone else's.

2nd grade: Sitting on the floor in class. My classmate slid over next to me and started talking to me while the teacher was talking. I slid away from him and my teacher said "mooncrater is moving away from a trouble zone". I felt good about it then, but now I feel horrified that the teacher would humiliate the other kid like that.

3rd grade: I remember racing another "smart" girl in my class to get our assignments done and put them in the basket.

4th grade: I hated my math teacher. Here's how you do it. So, do it. Do it now. Here's more. Do these. Gotta prepare kids for college life when they are 10.

5th grade: I would often be late with my homework. When this would happen, I would have to take a pink slip home, and have it signed by a parent, and returned. I got tired of hearing shit from my mom, so I started taking the slips into the bathroom and forging my mom's signature at the last minute, and my teacher called me out on it.

6th grade: We were doing a small group activity, and one of the members was the richest girl in town, but she also had a terrible disease where she often needed surgeries, she was half the height of everyone else, and most showered her with pity and respect. She was used to getting listened to, but one day one of my friends in the group laughed at her criticism of some idea, and told her to shut up. I thought it was funny, and important - nobody else had talked to her that way in her life.

7th grade: The girl I mentioned from 2nd grade liked me, and tried to express it indirectly. I realized it, but I was very shy, and didn't know what to do (I liked her too). I did nothing. I think she gave up on quiet, nice guys then. She later got in to some hard drugs too young, and her Facebook picture shows it.

8th grade: Oh yeah, starting to get real awkward. In the classroom, I stabbed a kid in the arm with a pencil because he was talking shit. He didn't tell anyone - he was as weird as I was, weirder really.

9th grade: Mostly quiet, withdrawn. I still do great in subjects where I am graded on what was taught in class. But my grades are continuing their slide. Don't study, half-ass homework at the last minute. Apathetic.

10th grade: Giving less of a fuck. I can drive now. Drive around and do risky, dangerous, stupid shit with a few loser friends.

11th grade: Started smoking pot and cigarettes. Washing dishes part-time. My car, my weed, my music.

12th grade: Graduated with the minimum amount of credits, 2.3 GPA cumulative for high school, in trouble for truancy, went through the suicide of a good friend, almost didn't graduate. Spent free time trying to find beer with a friend.

I think what happened is I became more intellectually developed than my folks when I was 11-12, and this really created a lot of complicated family issues. I could no longer trust them to do what was in my best interest because I knew better, goddamnit. I had a few good teachers, but enough bad ones to balance them out. No mentors, no older friends, nobody could or would connect with me except for a few loser friends. Blindfolded in a thick fog, yet knowing it will end.

Looking back, I think I got tired of being envied and became an easy target once the ape hormones started showing up in my peers. I tried to become like normal people so as not to give offence :beatyou: It was easier, but my attempt at normality just made me a weird outcast, a broken spirit. At least the nerds had spirit, and were making well use of their time at school. But I'd get tired hanging around those dorks - they'd never take any risks - boring.

At age 20, once I got away from my family, my shitty friends, and my hometown and all the bad memories, I felt free to be me again. I felt that because of my detachment from destructive elements of my past, I had the chance to design and reconstruct everything without hindrance. This is when the good side of my INTPness roared into action.

onesteptwostep

Junior Hegelian
Local time
Tomorrow 7:05 AM
-->
12th grade: Graduated with the minimum amount of credits, 2.3 GPA cumulative for high school, in trouble for truancy, went through the suicide of a good friend, almost didn't graduate. Spent free time trying to find beer with a friend.

I think what happened is I became more intellectually developed than my folks when I was 11-12, and this really created a lot of complicated family issues. I could no longer trust them to do what was in my best interest because I knew better, goddamnit. I had a few good teachers, but enough bad ones to balance them out. No mentors, no older friends, nobody could or would connect with me except for a few loser friends. Blindfolded in a thick fog, yet knowing it will end.

Looking back, I think I got tired of being envied and became an easy target once the ape hormones started showing up in my peers. I tried to become like normal people so as not to give offence :beatyou: It was easier, but my attempt at normality just made me a weird outcast, a broken spirit. At least the nerds had spirit, and were making well use of their time at school. But I'd get tired hanging around those dorks - they'd never take any risks - boring.

At age 20, once I got away from my family, my shitty friends, and my hometown and all the bad memories, I felt free to be me again. I felt that because of my detachment from destructive elements of my past, I had the chance to design and reconstruct everything without hindrance. This is when the good side of my INTPness roared into action.

(b'')b

Happy

sorry for english
Local time
Tomorrow 8:05 AM
-->
I like this thread.

One thing that comes to mind from my own life:

I was convinced from about age 5 to age 11 that the government was watching everyone through their TV sets.

Epoh

Girl of the Goats
Local time
-->
According to my mom, one time when I was little (I'm guessing around 3-4), she told me that I couldn't have any crackers because I had to go to bed, and so I apparently snuck out of my bed later, went downstairs in the dark, and sat in a cabinet eating crackers until my mom found me after coming down to get something.
And another time, I was found on the floor eating a bunch of cereal that I had dumped everywhere.
I was also apparently always stealing pinches of fresh bread when no one was looking.
I guess I had a thing for food back then.
I was also very controlling when playing with toys with my brother. If he made one of them do something I didn't think they should do, then I wouldn't hesitate to tell him so and make him do the right thing.
I would also sometimes spend an hour just setting up a town or something, but by the time I got done I didn't feel like playing anymore, and would instead wander off to do something else.

Rualani

You Silly Willy
Local time
-->
When I was young, I told my mother how fascinating it was that 2+2 was the same as 2x2. She just stared at me.

Love of building blocks and marble tracks. Just regular old wood blocks.

I had a dream that could be argued as a premonition of my great-grandmas death (as told to me by my mother). Basically, a week before my GGma died I had a dream that we were on an elevator going up. The elevator stopped to drop me off on a floor, to which I asked as to why she wasn't stepping off and if not where she was going. She just smiled and pointed up. The mood of the dream was painfully sad and a little hopeful.
Becoming irreligious during my young adult years was... odd to say the least.

When I was feverish I stripped naked and just slept on the carpet. It was very comfortable.

When I had bunk beds I would grab as many bed sheets as possible to block out the light. One time I was able to block the light out so thoroughly that I couldn't see my own hand. I was ridiculously ecstatic about this fact.

In the old man is working hard and need to disconnect phase, it was punctuated by his kid turning the entrance living room into a maze of tunnels covered by bedsheets. I always wanted him to crawl into it, but thinking back it was probably a nuisance.

When I had a party with friends over at my house, two of us ended up staying really late watching tv. We ended up watching some anime, before drifting off to sleep, that had anime chicks with the most ridiculously huge thighs I had ever seen. We chuckled about it for a bit before passing out. Years later I brought it up with him again and he had completely forgotten. I felt like our cherished moment viewing thunder thighs was lost. (I mean that in the muscular sense, not the flabby sense, which sounds like nonsense, but whatever)

Top Bottom