• OK, it's on.
  • Please note that many, many Email Addresses used for spam, are not accepted at registration. Select a respectable Free email.
  • Done now. Domine miserere nobis.

INTP forum members are cat people new research suggests

Black Rose

An unbreakable bond
Local time
Today 12:50 PM
-->

EyeSeeCold

lust for life
Local time
Today 11:50 AM
-->
Wait, so I've been a cat person all along? My life is a lie.

jokes. dogs rule

ody1RoP.jpg

Black Rose

An unbreakable bond
Local time
-->
Wait, so I've been a cat person all along? My life is a lie.

jokes. dogs rule

ody1RoP.jpg

don't worry, be strong, you can get through this, others have and so can you.

here is my Bubu, she is 17

Bubu_zpsrwkotrmt.jpg

EyeSeeCold

lust for life
Local time
-->
aww that's a cute lil pupper :) Is her right eye okay?

Black Rose

An unbreakable bond
Local time
-->
aww that's a cute lil pupper :) Is her right eye okay?

That is not scabs, that is her hair, but she is going blind and will die soon.
She lives at my mom's house and I have not seen her in two months.
I need to ask my mom to bring her to my house,
I don't go to my mom's house because of my brother.
Right now my roommate has two dogs but when they leave I will get a kitty.
I have not had a pet cat for me to care for in a long time.

EyeSeeCold

lust for life
Local time
-->
Hopefully you get a chance to see her soon! Oh I would have guessed you currently had a cat, perhaps you could convice your roommate to leave early. ;) :p

smithcommajohn

Do not consume with alcohol
Local time
Today 2:50 PM
-->
What a weird study, but interesting!

Seteleechete

Together forever
Local time
Today 8:50 PM
-->
It kinda makes sense(maybe), dogs are more representative for strength and stability which is less representative among rebel type populations which are more likely to watch anime. Cats are seen as more elusive and independent.

Grayman

Soul Shade
Local time
-->
It kinda makes sense(maybe), dogs are more representative for strength and stability which is less representative among rebel type populations which are more likely to watch anime. Cats are seen as more elusive and independent.

I want to add that dogs are very social, being a pack animal. They are very loyal and easy to please. Their emotions are always up front and honest. Cats are manipulative dicks.

intp_xp

Local time
Today 1:50 PM
-->
I'm a cat person and have seen most of the shows on the cat side, some in the middle and none on the dog side. I like cats because they are similar to me. They do their own thing and on occasion, want to be all cuddly or outright crazy. Dogs just annoy me because barking, following me, wanting my attention, having to be taken outside, poop all over my yard, etc. Of course, I am sure there are horrible cats and better dogs but for the most part, cats.

BTW, I have two dogs. It appears I love my family more than my hate for dogs. However, questionable some days. :)

EyeSeeCold

lust for life
Local time
-->
Cats in general seem to have Introvert / Fi / N temperaments. My only irl experience with cats involved both of them minding their own business throughout the house but checking me out as a stranger in the household, and on one of those times one cat finally came over to me to be petted. That's nothing like what most young dogs do, which is to be all in your face and sniffing you and wagging their tails happily etc if they're untrained they'll jump on you.

This facebook research seems horribly skewed but still it's obvious why nerds and geeks turn to cats, cats are the opposite of overbearing which is what such social outcasts have always been running away from in society. Their wily personalities and exotic appearance can serve a muse to the introvert.
Plus it's the only way they'd get pussy. :D:phear:

Dogs have the loner's companion stereotype as well but it seems that may be a forgotten and outdated archetype. In general though dogs are more socially popular and accepted(a grown man with a cat?? :ahh:) despite what the internet depicts, so you have to account for that disparity. I believe the research should be "what do watcher's of anime and cartoons prefer as pets" rather than "what do owners of dogs watch vs owners of cats".

Procinogen

Devil's Advocate
Local time
-->
I actually do prefer cats over dogs, but in all honesty I'm more fascinated by non-mammalian creatures (unless said creature has odd features), like reptiles, as I have a leopard gecko. But yeah, I've always wanted a cat, too. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Sinny91

Banned
Local time
Today 7:50 PM
-->

Me, the whole of 2015

lRmzumy.jpg

TheScornedReflex

(Per) Version of a truth.
Local time
Tomorrow 6:50 AM
-->
I have two cats and a dog. :confused: and I like Duck Dynasty. But I also like Naruto.

Reluctantly

Resident disMember
Local time
Today 8:50 AM
-->
The sweetest animal I've ever had was a Russian Blue Tortoise Shell. She would play a funny game where she'd meow and rub up on me for attention and then run when I tried to pet her. I'd have to chase her and she'd chirp at me like she was laughing and then sit at a distance and make these happy antagonizing meows. Eventually she'd jump on a ledge and I'd catch her and hold her upside down in my arm, rub her head, and she'd just sit there purring until I got tired. Funny as hell to see.

And she freaking knew how to open doors with handles, both forwards and backwards. She'd push down with her front paws on the handle and lean into it. To push it out she'd then claw the opening of the door and pull on it. She used to do the little paw dance on the window and meow if she was outside and wanted in. That shit's funny. It was like this. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fg3CnMfzNbI

Creeping Death

Consigliere
Local time
-->
Being an INTP is synonymous with being fond of cats.

I like birds too though.

Speaking of cats, no breed is better than the British Shorthair. If you disagree you're just wrong. When in doubt of their obvious superiority, all one must do is Google image search them. If all cats were British Shorthairs the world would be a better place.

Russian blues are acceptable, that's fine.

Intolerable

Banned
Local time
-->
I'm allergic to cats so dogs for me. But yeah what Grayman said is true. Dogs just do a better job of greeting you when you arrive than cats do.

I'll admit though I'm not nearly as attentive to their needs as I could be. That's because I'm utterly distracted most of the time. Bigger chair required.

QuickTwist

Spiritual "Woo"
Local time
-->

WhatWasThat

Local time
-->
I would prefer a cat over a dog. Dogs are more "in your face", energetic, social, and louder. Cats seem more independent, mysterious, and mischievous. Plus cats are cuter IMO. They also seem a bit closer to a "wild" animal than domesticated dogs, like they have their own little lives whereas with a dog it feels like their life is to interact with humans.

I do actually like them both though as long as someone else is the owner. :p Getting one of my own would entail too much commitment, responsibility, and attention...more than I think I'd be capable of giving.

Rixus

I introverted think. Therefore, I am.
Local time
Today 7:50 PM
-->
I don't like cats. Horrible things.
I like dogs. I don't have time for one right now, though.

Minuend

pat pat
Local time
Today 8:50 PM
-->
A lot of dogs just seem dog-psychologically ill. They're too stressed and too hyperactive. The way some gets all obsessed about fetching can't be healthy. There are some chill dogs and those seem fine, but most of those I've met seem stressed and ill-placed.

Cats seems more neglected than ill, so to speak. I live rurally so this has some bearing on my impressions. They aren't taken as seriously, and sometimes expected to survive outside in several -degrees.

Cats can bond to their owner, but it might not be as obvious as with dogs.

SnowCat

Redshirt
Local time
-->
I am a cat in a human body. Dogs are okay. Ferrets are okay.

WhatWasThat

Local time
-->
I am a cat in a human body. Dogs are okay. Ferrets are okay.

I never understood the fascination with "cat videos" on the internet until I typed in "Ferret and cat".

Top Bottom