• OK, it's on.
  • Please note that many, many Email Addresses used for spam, are not accepted at registration. Select a respectable Free email.
  • Done now. Domine miserere nobis.

INTP and Socionics

Which subtype best describes you?

• Intuitive

Votes: 10 52.6%
  • Logical

Votes: 2 10.5%
  • Both

Votes: 6 31.6%
  • Neither

Votes: 1 5.3%

• Total voters

spockguy

Local time
Today 7:06 AM
-->
I've recently invested a great deal of time reading up on socionics, and I find its evaluations to be wildly descriptive and more directed towards Freudian psychoanalysis. While browsing around for more information, I stumbled upon a wiki site for socionics and found the LII (INTj, or INTP in MBTI) subtypes to be interesting.
http://www.wikisocion.org/en/index.php?title=LII_subtypes
Out of curiosity, which describes you the best, if either?

Anthile

Steel marks flesh
Local time
Today 8:06 AM
-->
Be careful, they mix up the J/P in a very odd way. The usual types are only confinedly compatible to the Socionics ones.

spockguy

Local time
-->
The way (I think) socionics works in the whole mix up of J/P is based on the dominant trait.. An ENTP in MBTI would still be ENTP in socionics because the dominant (Ne) is a perceptive trait, while an INTP in MBTI would be INTj in socionics becasue the dominant (Ti) is a judging trait. I'm not positive as to how exactly that works, but the J/P is switched around for introverts in socionics.. Likewise, an INFJ in MBTI would be INFp in Socionics.

Toad

True King of Mushroomland!!!
Local time
Today 12:06 AM
-->
I just starting reading about socionics and I have been converted! LII describes me 99% while INTP only describes me 95%...well actually Socionics just goes into so much more detail. I find the extroverted ethics section to be incredibly accurate of me. Wikipedia actually goes into more detail than that pych wiki page. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Logical_Intuitive_Introvert#5._Extroverted_ethics

"Without constant positive emotional input, they begin to doubt that they are appreciated and fall into depression.

I've always felt that I didn't really need to be around people, but I get depressed when I'm by myself. The statement above explains exactly why that is!!!

We should change this to an LII forum! Or at least an INTP/LII forum.

preilemus

Ashes
Local time
Today 3:06 AM
-->
yes, our current subjected stereotype is wrong! we must monotonize ourselves further!

Toad

Local time
-->
yes, our current subjected stereotype is wrong! we must monotonize ourselves further!

My point exactly! It is time we step our game up to the next level here people!

LoL, Newayz...I just took a freakin long ass Socionics test: http://www.mizami.nl/public_html/questionnaire

My results:

Test results
LII Your result

IEI These types might also be considered
ILE
ILI

IEE These types are not very likely
SLI
EII
LIE

SEI These types are quite unlikely
SLE
EIE
LSI

SEE these types are extremely unlikely
ESI
LSE
ESE

Red Mage

Local time
Today 2:06 AM
-->
My point exactly! It is time we step our game up to the next level here people!

LoL, Newayz...I just took a freakin long ass Socionics test: http://www.mizami.nl/public_html/questionnaire

I just got ILI -- also known as INTp, but uses Ni/Te like INTJ, but whose Wikipedia description sounds a lot like INTP anyway -- with possible ILE, IEI and IEE. LII is "not very likely." ILI mostly sounds like me.

Toad

Local time
-->
I think as INTP's we will either get LII or ILI.

Hawkeye

Banned
Local time
-->
Interesting, I got ILE as my result (ENTP)

I find the ILE intuitive subtype (Inventor) to fit me better than either of the LLI subtypes.

Maybe I am an Introverted ENTP after all.

ILE Your result

ILI These types might also be considered
IEE
SLE

IEI These types are not very likely
SLI
SEE
SEI

LIE These types are quite unlikely
LII
EIE
LSE

EII these types are extremely unlikely
LSI
ESE
ESI

Toad

Local time
-->
So interesting! I don't think we should try to convert MBTI to Socionics because it would just confuse us. Socionics, I believe, is so much more descriptive and accurate so I consider my self to be an LII now.

Decaf

Professional Amateur
Local time
-->
So interesting! I don't think we should try to convert MBTI to Socionics because it would just confuse us. Socionics, I believe, is so much more descriptive and accurate so I consider my self to be an LII now.

Bravo. Whatever contemporary of Aušra Augustinavičiūtė decided to build in a letter sharing four letter combination for Socionics did everyone a disservice. They refer to entirely different psychological models.

I might be biased but I believe Socionics departs further from Jung's work than Myers-Briggs. There's just too many parts that would be influenced by cultural background and upbringing. The effort is placed on dealing with people who match those descriptions rather than defining the fundamentals of the human psyche. Yeah, that's where the bias steps in.

Anling

Local time
Today 1:06 AM
-->
I'd say the LII would be the best description for me. I'm not sure I match the profile completely. The test gave me ILI, and that didn't really fit much (though better than the other suggestions).

The really long intp profile (wherever that is from online) fits me with scary accuracy. So I will stick with my Myers-Briggs designation.

Toad

Local time
-->
Bravo. Whatever contemporary of Aušra Augustinavičiūtė decided to build in a letter sharing four letter combination for Socionics did everyone a disservice. They refer to entirely different psychological models.

I might be biased but I believe Socionics departs further from Jung's work than Myers-Briggs. There's just too many parts that would be influenced by cultural background and upbringing. The effort is placed on dealing with people who match those descriptions rather than defining the fundamentals of the human psyche. Yeah, that's where the bias steps in.

Maybe MBTI is a better test to generalize your personality, but I feel Socionics goes much deeper. I'm still just starting to read up on it and understand Socionics so I don't really know what you mean by it being influenced by cultural background and upbringing. I just feel that Socionics is better at telling me WHY I behave in such a way than MBTI. But like I said I'm just starting to learn about it, so I'll get back to you. I do think that we shouldn't compare our MBTI personality with our Socionics personality because, as you said, they refer to different psychological models.

Top Bottom