• OK, it's on.
  • Please note that many, many Email Addresses used for spam, are not accepted at registration. Select a respectable Free email.
  • Done now. Domine miserere nobis.

If you could see your whole life from start to finish, would you change things?

onesteptwostep

Junior Hegelian
Local time
Today 3:25 PM
-->
You can either:

1. answer the question directly
  2. analyze the implications of such changes
  3. expound upon the emotional sentiment behind the question
  4. answer this from the view point of God OR
  5. agree or disagree with this quote: "Pass then through this little space of time conformably to nature, and end thy journey in content, just as an olive falls off when it is ripe, blessing nature who produced it, and thanking the tree on which it grew." - Marcus Aurelius

Cognisant

Prolific Member
Local time
Yesterday 7:25 PM
-->
I cannot change my past without changing myself for if I were to change the past it would not be my past unless I was the direct result of it, in which case I would no longer be who I currently am.

As such I would not annihilate myself to benifit some other hypothetical version of myself.

lightfire

Local time
Today 1:25 AM
-->
I know I'm not being fun by answering this way but I would not be who I am if I were to change my past. Ofcourse if I were to go back I'd change things but that's not really a constructive way to think other than taking lessons and doing better in the future. And blah blah something something destiny and 8th dimensional astrocalculus physics throwing timeline into multi dimensional universes causing imploding star big bangs and stuff and nothingness

QuickTwist

Spiritual "Woo"
Local time
Today 1:25 AM
-->
Hmm...

Emotionally, this is kind of a big deal for me because I have a lot of regrets. The question, would if I could, would I change what I have done? Under what conditions? Would I really though?

As God is sovereign over all, I believe everything we do is meant for God's glory and that goes for any thing we might do or think. Even in the case that I have done something that is in conflict with a commandment of God, this should not necessarily be taken to mean it would necessarily be better if I would have replaced that action with a good action because God must have, in His wisdom done that for His glory in some way shape or form or that it's the case that it brings to fruition a better thing that is done because I have done a wrong. This can get really complicated really really quickly. If I stole an apple and gave it to a teen who is homeless and they are close to death due to hunger, and then they eat that apple and live, but I end up getting punished for stealing the apple, but because of my sacrifice that child ends up getting saved ect. ect. There is probably a lot more that I would NOT have done than things that I would have changed that I did do. There is probably a degree more I would have done if I knew what I know now. Not literally, actually.. I can't actually do more than I can do, but I mean I would try and orient my early life towards more purpose and less fleetiness of the Flesh. :dont-know:

MerrillJos

Redshirt
Local time
Yesterday 10:25 PM
-->
If I could actively participate in seeing my whole life from start to finish, I would change because I would be getting a third person view on a lot of controversial issues that I have to date. It would be an absolute thrill to see.

washti

yo vengo para lo mío
Local time
Today 7:25 AM
-->
i would likely stop 99,99% of my caring about other ppl. to my own glory.

Minuend

pat pat
Local time
-->
Mainly securing myself financially by investing in stocks or bitcoin. Not being financially independent is one of the biggest restrictions of freedom and living generally. I've done a lot of stupid shit, but setting myself up financially to where I'd never have to think about money would be my main priority.

Pizzabeak

Banned
Local time
Yesterday 11:25 PM
-->
Don’t know, it’s hard to say for it could all lead to a different now, and different moments altogether not in memory. Some of us maybe would not have ended up meeting should our lives had taken even slightly different paths.

The Socratic Method is to to just ask questions and convince the other person you’re confident in your so called correct assertion. Aristotle had four ways of answering a query by founding the idea a question had material, formal, and efficient causes as well as a final one. It just allows you to understand the physical aspects of something or its purpose/point.

Volstar

home is where your heart is
Local time
-->
I wish I was more mature and focused on my studies when I was younger. not dropping off from that architecture degree.
But I can't say I dislike what I am and what I have done so far. Getting rich seems very unlikely atm.

Pizzabeak

Banned
Local time
Yesterday 11:25 PM
-->
*edit a to out

Black Rose

An unbreakable bond
Local time
Today 12:25 AM
-->
If I saw both my past and my future I would probably make changes to my future.

sushi

Prolific Member
Local time
Today 6:25 AM
-->
probably if i really fuck up in some mistake, otherwise no

Top Bottom