• OK, it's on.
  • Please note that many, many Email Addresses used for spam, are not accepted at registration. Select a respectable Free email.
  • Done now. Domine miserere nobis.

I Finally Discovered Pressure Cookers! :D (US)

TimeAsylums

Prolific Member
Local time
Today 2:02 AM
-->
I've been using a slow-cooker [crock-pot] for years to make my stews, or lentils (prime use) (Every day or really 6/7 days/week)

I had never even heard of a pressure cooker before.

I was reading something over at www.earlyretirementextreme.org and saw the word "pressure-cooker."

I did some researching (GOOGLEEEEE), and here's a pretty neat page:

https://fastcooking.ca/pressure_cookers/how_pressure_cookers_work.php

I know that plenty of our members are are "cultured," or even international, or not from the US, so you likely have already known about this forever, and are thinking "this guy is an idiot...anozza stupis amerikan" (idk.)

This shit is AWESOME.

Instead of steaming shit, I can get it done in minutes!

Instead of fucking taking 4-8hrs on any meal, I can do just about anything <1hr (usually <45).

I don't even cook that much, but I'm hoping that this will be the only pot I ever need ! :D

I mean, just look at these cooking times!
(NO MORE FUCKING SOAKING BEANS FOREVERRRR!)

Also a shout-out to Architect, I remember awhile ago reading that you make a lot of beans/soups too - I can't remember if you slow cook, but this shits grreeeat!

- we need a food sub

Ex-User (9086)

Prolific Member
Local time
Today 8:02 AM
-->
I have a closed blender, I put everything I want to eat there add water, press the magic button and then pressure cook a cream or soup. It's so simple and saves time, I wonder if my teeth would start falling off if I didn't eat solids :phear:.
The method is awesome for eating whatever healthy and disgusting on its own thing that comes to my mind. Balanced diet? Righto, just throw into the mix.

Also ERE person or just browsing?

TimeAsylums

Prolific Member
Local time
-->
Also ERE person or just browsing?

lol c'mon, you alrdy knw tho. FI all the way
(if youre asking if I'm a forum member, I am not, but I read everything - I'm a lurker)

I have a closed blender, I put everything I want to eat there add water, press the magic button and then pressure cook a cream or soup. It's so simple and saves time, I wonder if my teeth would start falling off if I didn't eat solids :phear:.
The method is awesome for eating whatever healthy and disgusting on its own thing that comes to my mind. Balanced diet? Righto, just throw into the mix.

I was going to get an electric one, but since it was my first time, I decided to go with the oven-based one, good to know it works though!

Also, I've thought the same about liquids/solids lol, once tried throwing 7 different veggies into a blender and blended it into oblivion...yuck! (probably would have been better with a juicer), but I don't need any of these! Because I've got a pressure-cooker! YAY!

Architect

Professional INTP
Local time
-->
Yup. Been using them for a long time, I hate waiting while food cooks. Kuhn-Rikon is the best.

TheManBeyond

Banned
Local time
Today 8:02 AM
-->
Objects in the mirror might look closer than they
i have used them in the past, they turn soft hard meat and similars
i wonder if they could soften my spirit

but i didn't know they were called pressure cookers, makes sense, i did hear the term in a green day song called nice guys finish last

Helvete

Pizdec
Local time
Today 7:02 PM
-->
One way to overcook carrots in a matter of minutes! :D

Pizzabeak

Banned
Local time
Today 1:02 AM
-->
I've been using a slow-cooker [crock-pot] for years to make my stews, or lentils (prime use) (Every day or really 6/7 days/week)

I had never even heard of a pressure cooker before.

I was reading something over at www.earlyretirementextreme.org and saw the word "pressure-cooker."

I did some researching (GOOGLEEEEE), and here's a pretty neat page:

https://fastcooking.ca/pressure_cookers/how_pressure_cookers_work.php

I know that plenty of our members are are "cultured," or even international, or not from the US, so you likely have already known about this forever, and are thinking "this guy is an idiot...anozza stupis amerikan" (idk.)

This shit is AWESOME.

Instead of steaming shit, I can get it done in minutes!

Instead of fucking taking 4-8hrs on any meal, I can do just about anything <1hr (usually <45).

I don't even cook that much, but I'm hoping that this will be the only pot I ever need ! :D

I mean, just look at these cooking times!
(NO MORE FUCKING SOAKING BEANS FOREVERRRR!)

Also a shout-out to Architect, I remember awhile ago reading that you make a lot of beans/soups too - I can't remember if you slow cook, but this shits grreeeat!

- we need a food sub

agreed

Top Bottom