• OK, it's on.
  • Please note that many, many Email Addresses used for spam, are not accepted at registration. Select a respectable Free email.
  • Done now. Domine miserere nobis.

I am a fish

Status
Not open for further replies.

Legionnaire

Local time
Today 4:15 AM
-->
*writes on a piece of paper, that he is a fish until there is no where left to write then proceeds to fall on the floor, flopping around like a fish*

^ bit of Red Dwarf humor there

I've lost it, I've been driven mad by it. Am I INTP or INFP? I just took a test again, the results in my sig indicate that I'm now INFP. I so much like astrology better, at least there I'm certain I'm a sun in Cancer, moon in Aquarius, Scorpio rising, and such. I'm going to just say I'm INXP for now on.

Edit: in which my sig is not showing up, which is angering me.

Legionnaire

Local time
-->
I'll try posting again, maybe my bloody signature will work then.

Edit: There it works now on this post.

saffyangelis

Bandwidth Angel
Local time
Today 9:15 AM
-->
Well, maybe it just depends on your mood. You're intuition score is low, does that change sometimes too?

And are there a lot of XSFX or XNTX or any other combination in your close family/friends? That could be part of it.

fullerene

Prolific Member
Local time
-->
lol... why not just choose?

Introverted Thinking - Analyzing, categorizing, and figuring out how something works. Introverted Thinking often involves finding just the right word to clearly express an idea concisely, crisply, and to the point. Using introverted Thinking is like having an internal sense of the essential qualities of something, noticing the fine distinctions that make it what it is and then naming it. It also involves an internal reasoning process of deriving subcategories of classes and sub-principles of general principles. These can then be used in problem solving, analysis, and refining of a product or an idea. This process is evidenced in behaviors like taking things or ideas apart to figure out how they work. The analysis involves looking at different sides of an issue and seeing where there is inconsistency. In so doing, there is a search for a "leverage point" that will fix problems with the least amount of effort or damage to the system.

Introverted Feeling - Evaluating importance and maintaining congruence. It is often hard to put words to the values used to make introverted Feeling judgments since they are often associated with images and feeling-tones more than words. As a cognitive process, it often serves as a filter for information that matches what is valued and wanted. We engage in the process of introverted Feeling when a value is compromised and we think, "sometimes, some things just have to be said." On the other hand, most of the time this process works "in private" and is seldom expressed directly. Actions often speak louder than words. This process helps us know when people are being fake or insincere or if they are basically good. It is like having an internal sense of the "essence" of a person or a project, and reading another person or action or project with fine distinctions among feeling-tones. When the other person's values and beliefs are congruent with our own, we are inclined to feel kinship with them and want to connect with them.

They're introverted processes, so nobody else should be able to figure out which of these you use... but since Ti is the dominant for INTPs and Fi is their weakest unconscious function, and Fi is dominant for INFPs and Ti is their weakest unconscious function, one of those descriptions should ring out much clearer for you than the other. If that doesn't help, and you think you use both of them quite a bit then why not exersize you Fi and ask "why does it matter to me so much to clearly be one or the other?"

Legionnaire

Local time
-->
Well, maybe it just depends on your mood. You're intuition score is low, does that change sometimes too?

And are there a lot of XSFX or XNTX or any other combination in your close family/friends? That could be part of it.

That probably be because while I tend to have my head in the clouds most of the time, when it comes to questions, I want a straight out answer, not an answer hidden in puzzles or riddles. I absolutely hate it when someone says "you must decide for yourself".

saffyangelis

Bandwidth Angel
Local time
-->
Snap. Do you think that's an INTP thing, wanting clear answers?
I think I read somewhere that INTPs like to be very recise about their language, to make sure the shade of meaning is exactly right.

Legionnaire

Local time
-->
I'm INFP, I'm accepting it. No point in going on with thinking that I'm an NT. I only desired to be one.

saffyangelis

Bandwidth Angel
Local time
-->
s'aright, INFPs are nice!

Perseus

Prolific Member
Local time
-->
Modern Animism
Morph Changes under Stress

Underwater Divination

I knew that under minor difficulties that people adapt and can morph-change through different types. What I did not realise that under trauma, the functions are so messed up (possibly to the fourth inferior function [Quenk] happens often). The person could then send to have drowned (not swimming amongst the sea of people but going under). Logically, then a whole different set of underwater animals characterisations are necessary, which makes life very complicated. An underwater Seahorse does not (but I think it can) operate like a terrestrial Horse. This I believe to be a distorted interpretation. Anyrate, there are Walruses, Dolphins, Sharks, combative Lobsters and Crabs, Oarfish, Eels, Krakens etc. all inhabiting the undersea inner world.
Well, I am getting a little bit of sleep now. I dare say if I am pin sharp awake I can allocate the various undersea animals (I have not finished the terrestrial ones yet).

Legionnaire

Local time
-->
Scratch that, I'm INTP. After going onto an INFP forum, I realize I'm INTP. I AM NOT LIKE "THEM".

Inappropriate Behavior

is peeing on the carpet
Local time
-->
Scratch that, I'm INTP. After going onto an INFP forum, I realize I'm INTP. I AM NOT LIKE "THEM".

With the broad diversity of human behavior, it's unreasonable to believe all humans will fit neatly into one of 16 boxes. There's always going to be blurring here or there. A lot of people have a hard time figuring out which type they fit most into.

Legionnaire

Local time
-->
What's my type? I'm a Cancer. Took test a 3rd time, results are even lower than before.

Perseus

Prolific Member
Local time
-->
The worst thing for an INTP is a ISFP. Nothing wrong with Dragons INFP other than that are a bit close to the Cats ISFP.

There seems to be something wrong with every sort of relationship, but beware of ISTP females. If you want to visit the Cathouse it is up to you.

The watering hole is the Lake, where every animal (even the spitting Camel) come down to drink, even slithering in the grass ....

Perseus

Prolific Member
Local time
-->
With the broad diversity of human behavior, it's unreasonable to believe all humans will fit neatly into one of 16 boxes. There's always going to be blurring here or there. A lot of people have a hard time figuring out which type they fit most into.

Animal types (simplified version) 16 x 12 = 192 at least, but it is really much more than that. Most people will be XXXX as near as damn it ???

e.g. (Hypothetical) I 7 N 6 T 5 P7 Strictly a Dragon INFP but near lots of others. Scale is 1 to 12.

Snail

Harem Manager
Local time
Today 1:15 AM
-->

Neither am I, but I am certainly an INFP even if I can't relate to anyone at Global Chatter or the other forums frequented by INFPs. My preference order is a little haywire according to the cognitive processes test. I guess my Ne is slightly higher than my Fi right now, even though I am introverted to the point of being reclusive. Is it possible that your process order is abnormal, and that you are having trouble relating perfectly to members of your own type for that reason?

Perseus

Prolific Member
Local time
-->
Neither am I, but I am certainly an INFP even if I can't relate to anyone at Global Chatter or the other forums frequented by INFPs. My preference order is a little haywire according to the cognitive processes test. I guess my Ne is slightly higher than my Fit right now, even though I am introverted to the point of being reclusive. Is it possible that your process order is abnormal, and that you are having trouble relating perfectly to members of your own type for that reason?

Quenk says that occasionally people (by job circumstances) use their auxiliary function as their main function all the time. They could say they are acting "out of type"., I did this myself for five years and I was extremely depressed. I have seen a Skylark (INFJ) acting in this way and he has problems (which make mine look small) and he was only using Feeling as the main operator in social circumstances, and at work he was using Thinking as the primary function. However, he still made strong use of his Intuition is his chosen line of work.

Worse than that, the job agencies try to fit you into jobs that are technically easy to do but are out of character and difficult for lots of other reasons.

Perseus

Prolific Member
Local time
-->
Just remembered, I played Chess against an NP (diagnosed with mental problems). He beat me (after I refused a draw) at Chess and was going to college to study Law (which was a decision I should have made, if I had the opportunity, which I didn't).

NPs get diagnosed as weird because the Judgers don't understand. It is worse than that because

1) they are incapable of understanding.
2) when they say they understand they are lying and they operate on their Psi Cops agenda.

Legionnaire

Local time
-->
I took the one test again and the results are in my sig. I took the time to read each question carefully and reflect on my life to decide which I was more like. So I am INTP. Though the results are a bit higher than before for N & T, I do think or feel that it is more closer to who I am. I am more of a thinker than feeler but not by much, as with being more intuitive than a sensor. I spent some time on a INFP forum for a while and well some of the people there seemed a bit too emotional for me. I admit I can have a moment of weakness where my emotions go into overdrive, but well not alot. One said for those who do not agree with me when clearly it is the truth, yet they wish to live in their fanatasy world, that I should let them be. I live in a fantasy world at times, but I realize it is just a fantasy and not real. I want others who think their fantasy world is real to realize the truth.

Red Mage

Local time
Today 3:15 AM
-->
I've taken that test three or four times as well and the end result always looks a lot like yours. Fairly strong I and weak N, T, and P. On that test I never received anything other than INTP, though. Some other tests had me as all sorts of things, like INTJ and ISTJ. Don't get too hung up on it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom