• OK, it's on.
  • Please note that many, many Email Addresses used for spam, are not accepted at registration. Select a respectable Free email.
  • Done now. Domine miserere nobis.

How is a 19 year old person supposed to act?

Local time
Yesterday 8:26 PM
-->
19. Not a kid, not an adult. Get your own place, but don't drink. You can get your own insurance, but you don't have to if you don't Want to. Take this class next semester, it will help you with your career, but I'll need your parents signature. Stop acting so immature.

WTF. These are things I've experienced. Its so confusing. I'm an ENTP at heart, with a tad of depression, so it makes me act like an intp...at school. At home I'm an ENTP. I don't have many friends because....well, they seem too immature haha, yet I act somewhat immature in a mature way at home. I kinda mess with my family the same way i would with friends, and they see it as immature.

I want to make YouTube videos now. That's my interest. Howeveerrrr I made on today and watched it, and it seems I don't know who I am.

So, with all honesty, how is a 19 yr old male ENTP supposed to act? Examples are nice.

ProxyAmenRa

Here to bring back the love!
Local time
Today 10:26 AM
-->
Like me. Serious, contemplative, analytical and forthright!

Smooch

INFP in denial
Local time
-->
I think acting before you think is always a good thing because then you just learn to deal with the consequences, rather than speculating about what the consequences might be and never acting at all.

addictedartist

-Ephesians4;20
Local time
-->
I drink I smoke and I work for the man for my coin like any other noob, but I feel a lingering sense of wonder for the future which is consolidated through the actions and steps I have taken in my life. I feel as if god is no more than our aspirations and hopes and dreams for ourselves as well as those we care for, and I feel as if man is the personification of the devil, and consistantly falls from grace from pride in animalistic or vulgar behaviours which eventually are channeled into more involvement in the agency of the community so that once they have the knowledge of what not to do, they know not to do it again, or even find a new perhaps better way with unencountered problems. I feel my mindset is rather peaceful, I feel as I can do more as long as I apply myself more but more importantly that The drive to Increase effort is always there, doubling tripling multiplying as fast as you can imagine because Ive designed my life to be rather routine oriented so sudden and suprising things both shock and bore me as I am continuely focused on whatever task may be at hand so much so somtimes I get out of focus when it comes to realizing missed opportuninities outside my inner circle but for the most part that can be the most entertaining, because I will never change but watching new people do the things I do is goddamn hilarious and I love everyminute of it, especially when I know Ive been doing it some time before they had. I definately feel this age you get the chance to make choices as to who you are as an individual regardless of your personality, meaning taking your ego, and not hating it but painting it, changing it, forming it,molding into the person the world knows. or doesnt know. who knows?:confused::p:smoker:

Jordan~

Prolific Member
Local time
Today 1:26 AM
-->
I can do everything at 18 here and have been doing most of it since I was about 15 anyway, so I don't really have the neither-adult-nor-child thing going on, but I don't really know what you mean, besides. Supposed to act according to whom? I don't think there is a way you're 'supposed' to act. I just act - if something needs doing and no one else is going to do it, I do it. I don't quite understand why adulthood is supposed to be difficult. Maybe all the financial crap is when you get to that, I'm kinda hoping someone loves me enough to do that for me by then. It seems really tedious.

I kinda have my head in the clouds, anyway, though. Think of a bear, just sort of wandering around and doing stuff but looking a bit lost and not wholly present. I'm a bit like that. My family seem to think that I struggled to live on my own at university, but that was the eaiest bit by far. I always had clean clothes to wear and I didn't starve to death, so I think I did pretty well. There wasn't a whole lot to it, really, it was mostly a case of putting certain things in certain places at certain times and then retrieving them.

Local time
-->
^interessttiinngg addictedartist

Hmm after thinkibg about it, it seems my parents somehow fucked me up, by making me always trying to prove myself to be good enough. In time its become an intuitive process and is applied to every situatuon i face... How sad. You other 19 year olds are lucky to be free of mental chains.

And ya, i ponder the shit out of everything too.

But sometimes i wonder if ignorance is bliss.

Myself

Redshirt
Local time
-->
Be kind. Respect other people. Try to see things from other people's perspective. Remember to be grateful. Try to do what you know is right even when it is difficult. The right people will be looking at you during your rough times because that's when you prove your character.

// is now officially old.

brieze

Local time
Yesterday 7:26 PM
-->
Just..... be. *shrugs* There's no standard for a 19 year old. No normal. That goes for any age. Trying to be a decent person is all anyone can do.

pjoa09

dopaminergic
Local time
Today 7:26 AM
-->
Are you going to ask the same question at the age of 20?21?22?23?24?25?26?27?28?29?30?31?32?33?34?35?36?37?38?39?40?41?42?43?44?45?46?47?48?49?50?51?52?53?54?55?56?57?58?

tired i was supposed to go to about 80... I am not saying that you will die at 58. Or are you... ehhhhhh fuck...... too tired..

btw, there is a part where you typed 'on' i think its 'one'." Howeveerrrr I made one today. "

You spelled however wrong too.

Just screwing around.

But in a slightly serious note. Why dictate yourself to what are the perceived standards of being a 19 year old according to the posters of www.intpforum.com ?

Artsu Tharaz

The Lamb
Local time
Today 10:26 AM
-->
How do you wish you could act?

Jordan~

Prolific Member
Local time
-->
Oh, hey, we can get him to do anything by telling him that's how a 19-year-old is supposed to behave!

19-year-olds are supposed to give me everything they own and do whatever I say.

Words

Only 1 1-F.
Local time
-->
Without a pattern. Extraverted Intuition.

RobdoR

Local time
Today 3:26 AM
-->
Hmm after thinkibg about it, it seems my parents somehow fucked me up, by making me always trying to prove myself to be good enough. In time its become an intuitive process and is applied to every situatuon i face... How sad. You other 19 year olds are lucky to be free of mental chains.

College is like training wheels for life. You're given enough freedom to feel independent, but there are still safety nets all over. What are you trying to prove? Good enough for what? Are you trying to prove you're worthy of love? If so, maybe you need some confirmation that your parents love you. Chances are very high that they love you more than their own lives. That's probably why they push you to accomplish so much. Parents always have an idea of what their child's ideal life looks like and often try to make that a reality whether or not the child wants it. The trick is learning to be content with who you are while striving to improve. If you are trying to be good enough in every situation, that's fine. But if you fail, that's OK. You're not out of the race. I don't know if it's an INTP thing, but I know I fear failure. It's something I have to work to overcome. That's all part of becoming an adult. You discover you have flaws, you take responsibility for them and try to improve.

As far as how to act...It honestly depends on who you are around and how you want to be perceived. No one ever outgrown immaturity. Just ask any married couple. Immaturity is essentially selfishness. The immature person does not care for the feelings of others.

At 19 you should probably develop a plan for your life. You're not stuck to it, but it's good to have a direction and goals. Once you have that, screwing around making youtube videos isn't that big of deal. If that's all you want to do with absolutely no plan for the future, then that's a problem. You will be limiting your future options. Personally, I hate plans. They make me feel trapped. But if I think about them as tools to give me more options in the future, they become much more manageable.

Growing up is hard, so I'll leave you with this:

http://raymi.buzznet.com/user/video/23570/

EditorOne

Prolific Member
Local time
-->
Aren't you supposed to be waking up to the idea that you have to decide whether to meet your own expections or your family's expectations or society's expectations? They are often not the same, and resolving the differences was, as I dimly recall 19, what 19 was all about.
Not having any expectations of yourself could be a problem, in which case you might want to ask another question. (You are allowed three.)

Mr.Burke

Local time
-->
A 19 year old is supposed to act as they want to. You have no choice in the matter. You're only allowed to act as you want to.

dark

Bring this savage back home.
Local time
-->
Be yourself.

Top Bottom