• OK, it's on.
  • Please note that many, many Email Addresses used for spam, are not accepted at registration. Select a respectable Free email.
  • Done now. Domine miserere nobis.

Hiding behind hair

Aviator8

I wanted to be a star, so i irradiated myself
Local time
Today 5:05 PM
-->
Ok so I have often wanted be be a girl so I could hide behind my hair as a physical manifestation that I am shy/introverted and so that people walking up to me know this and don’t push me to talk to them. But how do I do this as a guy-obviously I can’t grow my hair out or I wouldn’t be asking-but seriously I have noticed that girls who do this are much more successful than me at warding off conversations, and I would like a physical manifestation of this. I already constantly wear long sleeves and or black clothes...but that doesn’t work either, at least not very well. I want a way other than everything I am already doing to 1 hide my face 2 tell people I don’t want to talk and 3 be able to observe rather than interact.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Aviator8

Local time
-->
Neither of those work for me...I’m not necessarily looking for hair solutions just really a way to hide my face. My hair and appearance is mostly controlled by other people.

Deleted member 1424

You might try wearing large headphones for a more practical solution to your problem. They signify 'don't talk to me' quite loudly. Sunglasses can help you avoid engagement (and eye contact) as well. Though frankly, I'm not sure either of those will help you in the long run. The way you talk makes you sound anxious and depressed; like you have no autonomy in your life or confidence. These are not simple problems and purposefully isolating yourself will only compound them.

Aviator8

Local time
-->
Well I don’t have control and I’m willing to take the risk of letting the underlying situation worsen for the general background social appeasement. Headphones don’t work often because people force me to take them off (or reach over and take them off) but mostly I was looking for a way to hide my face. Although the admins can archive this thread now if they want I think my question has been answered.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

rlnb

Local time
Tomorrow 6:05 AM
-->
My way is to avoid all eye-contact. If I can't see them, then I can pretend they can't see me either :)

Ex-User (14663)

Prolific Member
Local time
Today 11:05 PM
-->
you gotta think outside the box. Try to desperately seek eye contact with everyone and smile creepily every time you talk to someone. Maybe even invite them to your home at the end of every conversation too. You’ll have people avoiding you in no time.

Cognisant

Prolific Member
Local time
Today 11:05 AM
-->
I think if someone takes headphones out of your ears you're legally allowed to bite them.

lightfire

Local time
-->
I have long hair and long side bangs, and I love hiding in them if I want to, but I also like the feminine look of it.

How about sunglasses and headphones.

pjoa09

dopaminergic
Local time
Tomorrow 5:05 AM
-->
Combine the two. Stare at everyone with headphones. Oh shave your head too.

Top Bottom