• OK, it's on.
  • Please note that many, many Email Addresses used for spam, are not accepted at registration. Select a respectable Free email.
  • Done now. Domine miserere nobis.

Hi. I am cultsmasher.

cultsmasher

Local time
Today 5:25 PM
-->
That is a name feared and dreaded at every forum out there. Because for some reason, people don't like whatever cult they follow smashed. Also, the only way I can be defeated in debate is if they ban me first. Though I'm not always completely right. I am only right about 98% of the time. So, I wonder how long it will take me to get banned from this place too.

Cognisant

Prolific Member
Local time
Today 10:25 AM
-->
Do you believe in God and if not why not?

ZenRaiden

One atom of me
Local time
Today 10:25 PM
-->
. So, I wonder how long it will take me to get banned from this place too
Welcome, I don't know you, but I did not get banned, so this forum is pretty light weight when it comes to freedom of speech and ideas.
On other forum I used to be - I got banned on consistent basis.

Either way welcome to the intp forum.

The only advice I have is don't write stuff you regret later, because people keep coming here asking for their profile to be whipped or something. The way I see it mods don't do that very much here.

EndogenousRebel

Even a mean person is trying their best, right?
Local time
Today 4:25 PM
-->
Chances that you over 20 yo are very small. Either that or you should be ashamed by your antagonizing villain introduction

cultsmasher

Local time
-->
. So, I wonder how long it will take me to get banned from this place too
Welcome, I don't know you, but I did not get banned, so this forum is pretty light weight when it comes to freedom of speech and ideas.
On other forum I used to be - I got banned on consistent basis.

Either way welcome to the intp forum.

The only advice I have is don't write stuff you regret later, because people keep coming here asking for their profile to be whipped or something. The way I see it mods don't do that very much here.

We shall see.

Cognisant

Prolific Member
Local time
-->
I’m glad I’m speaking to an intelligent person, that will make this soo much easier.

So you’re aware of the simulated universe theory, that like in the movie “The Matrix” our perceived universe may be a simulated reality. That given the ever-increasing number and complexity of simulations we’re creating and the no doubt astronomical number of simulations we will create in the future, simulations that will no doubt be far more advanced than anything we can create today, just as our present-day simulations are for more advanced than was possible merely a few decades ago. That the probability of what we perceive to be reality actually being the real baseline physical reality is astronomically low, as there can only ever be one actual reality and in the millennia to come there will be trillions of simulations that are, for all practical purposes to the entities within them, indistinguishable from reality.

I cannot tell you that I know for a fact that our perceived reality is a simulation, nor that I know for a fact that whoever is running this simulation is doing so because they have some manner of purpose for us. It is entirely possible that our existence whether simulated or not, is mere happenstance. But on the off chance it isn’t don’t you think that, merely as a matter of intellectual honesty, you have to be open to the possibility that you exist within a simulation that is being observed?

After all, to presume otherwise, despite the apparent unlikelihood of our reality being the one and only baseline physical reality, well I can see no other justification for that presumption but blind faith.

EndogenousRebel

Even a mean person is trying their best, right?
Local time
Today 4:25 PM
-->
Mfw when God exists inside the simulation.

Puffy

"Wtf even was that"
Local time
-->
There aren’t any cults here (anymore) just a few religious folks, a few new agers, and a spricing of theist vs agnostic debates here and there for good measure.

P.s Cognisant isn’t a theist. Welcome.

Cognisant

Prolific Member
Local time
-->
oh-come-on-df6c918718.jpg

Local time
-->
I'm intelligent.

Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools. Romans 1:22

The fool hath said in his heart, There is no God. Psalm 14:1

Saying to a stock, Thou art my father; and to a stone, Thou hast brought me forth: for they have turned their back unto me, and not their face: but in the time of their trouble they will say, Arise, and save us. Jeremiah 2:27

atheism is the most insidious of all the satanic cults

scorpiomover

The little professor
Local time
-->

cultsmasher

Local time
-->
I’m glad I’m speaking to an intelligent person, that will make this soo much easier.

So you’re aware of the simulated universe theory, that like in the movie “The Matrix” our perceived universe may be a simulated reality. That given the ever-increasing number and complexity of simulations we’re creating and the no doubt astronomical number of simulations we will create in the future, simulations that will no doubt be far more advanced than anything we can create today, just as our present-day simulations are for more advanced than was possible merely a few decades ago. That the probability of what we perceive to be reality actually being the real baseline physical reality is astronomically low, as there can only ever be one actual reality and in the millennia to come there will be trillions of simulations that are, for all practical purposes to the entities within them, indistinguishable from reality.

I cannot tell you that I know for a fact that our perceived reality is a simulation, nor that I know for a fact that whoever is running this simulation is doing so because they have some manner of purpose for us. It is entirely possible that our existence whether simulated or not, is mere happenstance. But on the off chance it isn’t don’t you think that, merely as a matter of intellectual honesty, you have to be open to the possibility that you exist within a simulation that is being observed?

After all, to presume otherwise, despite the apparent unlikelihood of our reality being the one and only baseline physical reality, well I can see no other justification for that presumption but blind faith.

Yes. You are speaking to an intelligent person. That's why I didn't read much past where you started to go into alternate realities. However you wish to view it, the reality we live in is the only one that matters.

cultsmasher

Local time
-->
I'm intelligent.

Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools. Romans 1:22

The fool hath said in his heart, There is no God. Psalm 14:1

Saying to a stock, Thou art my father; and to a stone, Thou hast brought me forth: for they have turned their back unto me, and not their face: but in the time of their trouble they will say, Arise, and save us. Jeremiah 2:27

atheism is the most insidious of all the satanic cults

Strange that you didn't get who you were talking to. I am the CULTSMASHER! I smash cults, such as yours. There is no god. It is a human invention. And even if there were a god, he would be EVIL! Even jesus was evil. What he was all about was that you can trap more flies (people) with honey than you can with vinegar. Here is another point. There are millions of trillions of other planets out there. Why should any "god" give a shit about this one.

Also, your bible verses are a joke. I have many bible verses for you. They are in a book called, "Our Holy Hell: The Causes, The Solutions." I wrote it over 20 years ago. You can look it up and read it for free. But you probably won't. So I will just tell you what the first four chapters are called. You should get the drift from that.

1. Stupidity and lies of the old testament.

2. Evil of the old testament.

3. Stupidity and lies of the new testament.

4. Evil of the new testament.

Black Rose

An unbreakable bond
Local time
Today 3:25 PM
-->
I am the CULTSMASHER! I smash cults, such as yours. There is no god. It is a human invention. And even if there were a god, he would be EVIL! Even jesus was evil. What he was all about was that you can trap more flies (people) with honey than you can with vinegar. Here is another point. There are millions of trillions of other planets out there. Why should any "god" give a shit about this one.

I tried dealing with the problem of evil about a year ago.

In my view, God is limited in what he can do.

It is because of free will that God introduces / intervenes in a limited way so as to create the best future or outcome of all collective choices humanity makes.

This intervention is not contrary to physics it does not do the impossible.

Only by the introduction of small fluctuations does God lead things into the future via the butterfly effect. God is able to see all future and all possible ways that his effect will change the future but cannot decide all futures because of the free will of the smaller agents inside the universe that "he" cannot control. God is the background of spacetime itself.

Cognisant

Prolific Member
Local time
-->
However you wish to view it, the reality we live in is the only one that matters.
Of course but how do you know this reality exists solely by happenstance and is unobserved by a higher being, how could you know that? The fact is you cannot know so the assertion that you know that God does not exist is an assertion of faith, your faith in your belief that God does not exist.

cultsmasher

Local time
-->
I am the CULTSMASHER! I smash cults, such as yours. There is no god. It is a human invention. And even if there were a god, he would be EVIL! Even jesus was evil. What he was all about was that you can trap more flies (people) with honey than you can with vinegar. Here is another point. There are millions of trillions of other planets out there. Why should any "god" give a shit about this one.

It is because of free will that God introduces / intervenes in a limited way so as to create the best future or outcome of all collective choices humanity makes.

Only by the introduction of small fluctuations does God lead things into the future via the butterfly effect. God is able to see all future and all possible ways that his effect will change the future but cannot decide all futures because of the free will of the smaller agents inside the universe that "he" cannot control. God is the background of spacetime itself.

My advice to you, stop believing in that voodoo bullshit. In my lifetime, I have seem many tens of thousands of buildings. I have seen many thousands of miles of roads. And I have seen miles of cultivated fields. God didn't drive one nail into any constructed building. God didn't create even a single inch of any road. And god didn't plow a single furrow into any field. All of those things are the work of man. So humans have far more control over what happens than any god does.

cultsmasher

Local time
-->
However you wish to view it, the reality we live in is the only one that matters.
Of course but how do you know this reality exists solely by happenstance and is unobserved by a higher being, how could you know that? The fact is you cannot know so the assertion that you know that God does not exist is an assertion of faith, your faith in your belief that God does not exist.

Read reply #19.

Black Rose

An unbreakable bond
Local time
-->
humans have far more control over what happens than any god does.

ok, then can you explain why the universe is the way it is?

why is there not some kind of infinite set of things out there where physics allows all possible things to exist? What keeps things the way they are, if anything can exist then why are things one way (why are things not constantly changing randomly) and not the other infinite ways they could be?

Black Rose

An unbreakable bond
Local time
-->

Read reply #19.

NVIDIA Special Address at CES 2024​

Puffy

"Wtf even was that"
Local time
-->

My advice to you, stop believing in that voodoo bullshit. In my lifetime, I have seem many tens of thousands of buildings. I have seen many thousands of miles of roads. And I have seen miles of cultivated fields. God didn't drive one nail into any constructed building. God didn't create even a single inch of any road. And god didn't plow a single furrow into any field. All of those things are the work of man. So humans have far more control over what happens than any god does.

You’re not coming across as intelligent, just close minded. I think intelligent people spend more time listening and being open to other perspectives and less time trying to prove their opinions are right.

scorpiomover

The little professor
Local time
-->
Strange that you didn't get who you were talking to. I am the CULTSMASHER! I smash cults, such as yours.
On another thread, you wrote this:
Is this another one of them? I guess we will see. At other forums I have pointed out who the real racists were and why. With forums liking members there to live in opposite land, "I" was the one who got labeled as the racist. And got banned. As well as having my thread deleted.
Sounds like you are the one who got SMASHED.

There is no god. It is a human invention.
If they listen to you, then they'd be treating you as if you were a god.

And even if there were a god, he would be EVIL!
In the USSR, people did what Stalin wanted, because Stalin killed 20 million people. Stalin was evil. So the sensible thing to do with an evil "god" is to follow that god.

Here is another point. There are millions of trillions of other planets out there. Why should any "god" give a shit about this one.
Why do you think the laws of the universe give more of a sh*t about this planet than all the millions of trillions of other planets out there?

Also, your bible verses are a joke. I have many bible verses for you. They are in a book called, "Our Holy Hell: The Causes, The Solutions." I wrote it over 20 years ago. You can look it up and read it for free. But you probably won't. So I will just tell you what the first four chapters are called. You should get the drift from that.

1. Stupidity and lies of the old testament.

2. Evil of the old testament.

3. Stupidity and lies of the new testament.

4. Evil of the new testament.
Sounds like you're trying to get people to treat your book as "holy".

scorpiomover

The little professor
Local time
-->
That's the problem. That argument implies that you have far more control over what happens to you than others. So the real reason you got banned from other forums and your threads were deleted, is yourself. You are your own worst enemy.

Stop being the cause of your problems. Become the cause of your own solutions.

ZenRaiden

One atom of me
Local time
-->
Sounds like you're trying to get people to treat your book as "holy".
This is actually what tends to happen when people don't anchor a belief.
So anyway lots of people believe things.
But what I noticed as atheist was that I would have treated things as religiously, and seriously. Soon I noticed this in others too like-minded atheist too.

There is a saying internet is place where religions come to die.
I would add and - new ones are born.

Black Rose

An unbreakable bond
Local time
-->
There is a saying internet is place where religions come to die.
I would add and - new ones are born.

I think Nietzieh complained about this somewhere.

Without the Ubermensch, the Job of "Killing God" cannot be completed because "Atheists" just replaced god with something else (Science?)(dictatorships?)

ZenRaiden

One atom of me
Local time
-->
Without the Ubermensch, the Job of "Killing God" cannot be completed because "Atheists" just replaced god with something else (Science?)(dictatorships?)
We all have desire to have something higher than us.
It can be anything and for some people it can be whatever.
For atheist this can be politics, science (very often), dictatorships and whatever ideal or trend or fad currently runs the system, self improvement, MMA, even super fixations on things. Essentially we are all wired to believe something.

Black Rose

An unbreakable bond
Local time
-->
Essentially we are all wired to believe something.

yes, but Nietzsche was referring to creating something new not holding to the old systems that no longer work. Over and over again God is reimagined as a new system to be cherished as the new dogma (standard doctrine and rules that MUST be followed no matter what).

ZenRaiden

One atom of me
Local time
-->
yes, but Nietzsche was referring to creating something new not holding to the old systems that no longer work. Over and over again God is reimagined as a new system to be cherished as the new dogma (standard doctrine and rules that MUST be followed no matter what).
Yes, probably, because Nietzsche never really proposed what to do, he merely said its so. Which is true. It is so. We see that many religions are on a weird ride now, and lots of new religions, spring up, spiritualism sprung up, paganism sprung up, every time we get a vacuum people need to fill in the empty hole. Its OK.
Nietzsche was INTJ he said things like they were true.
But Nietzsche was not psychologist, he was a philosopher, and he saw things from perspective of rational. Yet many beliefs we have come from part of brain that are irrational and intuitive and unconscious.

Black Rose

An unbreakable bond
Local time
-->
But Nietzsche was not psychologist, he was a philosopher, and he saw things from perspective of rational. Yet many beliefs we have come from part of brain that are irrational and intuitive and unconscious.

It is strange to be where we are.

yes, people have a spiritual hole or we would not move at all.

every action has a desire, a motive and it is a reaction known or unknown "why".

superego is a good start because it has a real brain area and so too the id and ego.

we reach for things and we avoid things and we know somehow why in the deep places of the psyche.

every creature "wants something" so it acts on it in the way it can.

tUWVU3Q.png

Top Bottom