• OK, it's on.
  • Please note that many, many Email Addresses used for spam, are not accepted at registration. Select a respectable Free email.
  • Done now. Domine miserere nobis.

Hello

saucer

Local time
Today 5:21 PM
-->
Hello,

My first post here after joining was an intro that somehow evaporated, so here's a second attempt:

As a veteran of a number of INTP themed forums in this internet age, I come here with prejudices, expectations, familiarities, etc. But I also came this time with a username change & wonder. Here to have fun or at least what I call fun with similar personalities as you all likely already know we are a rare type nevermind diverse in our own personal ways. Hard to imagine without the internet how we'd find each other anywhere else even behind the moat of academia.

Don't know how long I'll stay or swing by. As much as it is comforting to know we're a type who continue to endure & contribute in at least some number, that unfortunately includes immersing ourselves in personal passions where sharing & seeking feedback can be disruptive. There's only so much time we get & then it's gone.

Anyway, thanks for setting this place up for us!

birdsnestfern

Earthling
Local time
-->
Welcome to the forum. No formalities needed.

saucer

Local time
-->
Thanks, birdsnestfern.

Been here long enough now to conclude that any members I knew from previous INTP forums aren't here.

The singular difference between this forum & previous ones I visited is that this forum has little to no moderation -- which is fine by me but very interesting as the previous forums saw robust moderation with many bannings & suspensions.

It's as though active moderation lended itself as a catalyst for social interactions which I suspected for a long time but had no alternative for comparison. I remember making requests on forums to moderate subforums there (with the intention to NOT moderate anything within) to generate an alternative but met no success.

I wonder now if that was why -- that moderators & forum hosts knew active moderation inspired more not less member content & participation -- but I can still only wonder as this is my first experience with an unmoderated forum.

The relative silence & low participation here is, to be honest, nice in a "relaxing holiday vacation" kind of way...

Black Rose

An unbreakable bond
Local time
Today 3:21 PM
-->
bans have not happened for at least 2 years now.

it is nice that no one fights so much.

but activity has been slow.

the forum began in 2007, and I have been here since 2010.

almost was banned myself but apologized.

lots to read in archives. but I keep posting because I want to share. but not too much because that is spam. topics need user content not just pictures or video. shitposts are kept in a separate area.

saucer

Local time
-->
Thanks, Animekitty. I don't remember ever running into issues with any moderator on any INTP forum. It surprised me because much of it seemed random & I would occasionally wonder when "my turn" would happen. I would have regarded an apology or otherwise submissive communication for any punitive moderator action towards me as futile & just move on.

The core issue seemingly remains MBTI themed forum monetization potential which even some Jungian therapists tried out in the early days of internet chat forums as a means to attract well-paying clients impressed by their words & by extension knowledge & experience. Yet so long as the internet continues to evolve as a service to the general public not a discriminatory service as it was originally conceived & the general public continues to live under increasingly recessionary economic conditions to preserve resources for all of humanity hence ultimately inhibit human population expansion specifically, then the internet can only become an increasingly uninteresting opportunity for personal wealth creation regardless of content or even popularity.

Again, I myself foresaw this from the first INTP forum I joined & never regarded anything I offered or anything anyone else offered as worthy of any kind of exploitation. I was always only really interested in objectifying at least a single presumable INTP-categorized item for my own study after being tagged as one & wanting to understand what that meant to maximise my own potential & advance my career. Sure I could have just started a journal but the P in me sought feedback from any like-minded people.

Turns out most other INTPs if really so are seemingly as argumentative & disagreeable as I am. We challenged every assertion even our own. Just as we all have physical uniquenesses to help us distinguish ourselves from others so seemingly were our personalities trying to self-announce distinctions as well in spite of any shared personality traits to render us the same in some way psychologically.

And so to go full circle here, if there is no one here moderating actively & seeking to ban other members in seemingly random fashion as have many other INTP forums, is this then really an INTP forum? Is this place doing its due diligence to attract INTP personality types? And if so but the chat forum style is now too archaic, bland, uninteresting to contemporary INTPers is it the forum's fault or something else, e.g., that Jungian psychology & MBTI have lost relevance or utility?

And if anything, why? Am I the one who is in wrong or faithless? Am I the one lost here now? Sure everything changes. Some things get left behind naturally in the process. Is this INTP limbo here a tell that my very own INTP personality has been "banned" or at least been rendered meaningless by this contemporary world just as the Jungian psychologists discovered in attempting to drum up new clients for their own practices & livelihoods some years ago but failing, enduring online ridicule & accusations of charlatanry and even fraud at their professional credentials nevermind self-worth?

I.e., am I the one who is different now? If I am, did I change long ago or just recently? Am I just asking questions to be lazy & not get any work done? What am I looking for that I think I can find here?

Nah it's all fuckoff time & always has been irreverent fuckoff time for me in all my posts, all my participation in every INTP forum. It's just that I scored highest in P-ness, which I can't help but see being expressed in everything I offer or reflect on after offering.

Maybe it could be called openmindedness which like everything has its advantages & drawbacks, but that may even likely "distort" my other MBTI traits as if gravity's pull, so when I do embrace some judgment or conclusion it comes across as unusually passionate, feeling-driven, as if expressed from my shadow not me.

So there, Jung & MBTI. Your model CAN be used as a muse to compose something seemingly coherent & satisfactory.

Top Bottom