• OK, it's on.
  • Please note that many, many Email Addresses used for spam, are not accepted at registration. Select a respectable Free email.
  • Done now. Domine miserere nobis.

Function most appreciated by you

Ex-User (8886)

Local time
Today 5:37 AM
-->
Always when I meet Ni-dominant or subdominant I feel strange attractivness. It's also the only function, which I still don't understand.

Is it opposite of Ti? If not, how compares Ni to Ti?

What is your main function (type) and people with which functions you appreciate the most?
I try to figure if there is any principle.

Sinny91

Banned
Local time
-->
My favorite is Ne.
I like watching my ENTP uncle when the clogs in his brain are working, they are so similiar to mine.

groovytaxi98

Dark Magician
Local time
Yesterday 9:37 PM
-->
Functions that always piss me off somehow: Te, Fi.
Functions which are okay when used the right way at the right time: Se, Si
Functions that are seemingly innocent and fun to use, but still hurt me in some way: Ti, Fe
Best functions: Ni, Ne... but primarily Ne. It's so adorable and cute, and sometimes quite exhilarating!

A_Scanner_Darkly

Pisces-Virgo Introtim
Local time
Yesterday 9:37 PM
-->
For obvious reasons I'm partial to Fi. Needless to say, it's a nuisance and a burden much of the time, but I'm at an age now where it's become forged through fire.

But what I like about it is that it's allowed me to really figure out who I am, what's important to me -- most importantly, how to extricate myself from external expectations and pressures (i.e. The Rat Race) and really just live life in the way that I think is right.

It is my observation that many extraverts in particular struggle with the tendency to be sheeple. Introverts with Fe are also subject to this, though in a qualitatively distinct fashion.

As for the others...

Ni is visionary and grandiose -- although, being an introverted function, I don't get to see it very much even in the INJs I know. I have said before that I imagine it's very badass to always be looking into the future and then rendering these visions reality that way.

Ne is just adorable -- I am primarily attracted to NP women. Also had an ENP buddy who was a drug addict and the embodiment of Ne (I think he was like this partly because he was always on amphetamines and weed in the time I knew him). Was endlessly spouting off ideas and interconnections at quite an alarming pace really. He was reminiscent of Socrates, too -- meaning that he would get into debates with people left and right. He was really something...

Ti is badass -- like the idea of personalized understandings of any given subject matter that is, internally, logically flawless.

Te is pretty meh. Guess I can appreciate the straightforwardness though.

Si is one I'm garnering a much better appreciation for now that I'm in my mid-20s. Have an ISTJ friend I like talking to and an ESFJ. My parents are also SJs. I have learned the value of having a work ethic from them, at the very least.

Se is all right. My ESP friends tend to be too promiscuous, though---kinda feel bad for them. But they certainly have more fun than most.

Fe is all right. I like the teddy-bear-ness but not the manipulation and disingenuousness.

Yellow

for the glory of satan
Local time
Yesterday 10:37 PM
-->
Ne for me and Ne for others.

DrSketchpad

Local time
-->
I assume you mean pretty exclusively "What function do you tend to notice yourself liking in particular in others or in yourself?" as opposed to "Whats your favorite function?" or "What function is mot useful to you?"

I appreciate all functions (except for maybe Si).

Se doms are enlivening and suprisingly enlightening.

Ni dom's behavior doesn't translate too well into what I appreciate about the actual function. Or rather, I like how it manifests subjectively in myself and I gain a certain satisfaction in knowing it's "in" other people, but it doesn't manifest as majestically/gracefully in social interaction.

I tend to be attracted (not so much in a sexual/romantic way) to Ti. If I marry, It'll most likely be to some XXTP. I believe I'd attain a particularly potent degree of self-growth then.

Polaris

Prolific Member
Local time
Yesterday 5:37 PM
-->
I think we are often attracted to the things we do not understand. Like Ni
-doms.

They are intriguing because I need to make sense of them. I have recently gotten to know an Ni dom better, and it's like exploring a different world to mine - very interesting. There are a lot of similarities to Ne, but the drive is very focussed and seems to seek a greater personal or even universal meaning whereas Ne to me is not as focussed and demands no inherent meaning - things just are the way they are, and eventually all the data will make some sort of coherent whole - a conceptual understanding that is mostly detached from the internal.

Edit: I think Ne and Se are my most appreciated functions in others. I do have a thing for Ti- doms though....

Ni is great without blinkers on (same could be said for any other function), but I appreciate the visionary outlook of Ni. I even used to think I was an Ni dom, but after reading more about cog functions, and comparing myself to the couple of Ni - doms I know I am pretty certain I am not....

DrSketchpad

Local time
-->
Also, if you didn't read below my username, I'm most likely NiFe. And Ni isn't the opposite of Ti. They're very similar in some ways, but are still completely different motivations.

Ni wants to build on an idea from surrounding associations and gain a unique sense or understanding of something. Sound familiar?

Ti wants a understanding from a structure. It itself doesn't care about anything but remaining true to it's own, self derived principle of reason however.

Top Bottom