• OK, it's on.
  • Please note that many, many Email Addresses used for spam, are not accepted at registration. Select a respectable Free email.
  • Done now. Domine miserere nobis.

Female-INFP bait!

Reverse Transcriptase

"you're a poet whether you like it or not"
Local time
Today 1:03 AM
-->
Assumptions:
1. You are an INTP male, like myself.
2. You are attracted by the opposite sex (yes, I am being heteronormative).
3. You are fascinated by female INFPs especially.
4. You would like to have more things to talk about or amuse INFPs with.
5. You have some things that have worked in the past with said female INFPs.

INFP bait!
  • http://asofterworld.com/index.php?id=566
    Yeah, INFPs seem to love "asofterworld". Something about the dark emotion, the passive aggressiveness, the photos that just barely correlate to the words. I mean, I love it to- but I was introduced to it by an INFP. If you meet an INFP who hasn't heard of it... link them!
  • Talk about spirituality. Shouldn't be hard to do, but the problem is that many of us INTPs are firmly set in our ways. We have our opinions about religion/spirituality... but you'll do best if you're able to have a more flexible point of view to discuss these kinds of things with her. She'll probably appreciate your interest in hearing her own beliefs (which will not be mainstream).
  • Funny/absurd hypothetical situations... humor! Things like "oh man, I wish I had slashed the cook's tires; they ran out of vegetarian food today!" Over the top things. Maybe a little but cruel or principle-based. Expect a playful objection "Nooooo", and play on!
  • Be wary of board games. INFPs like them, but they like them because of the social interaction, not because of the empire-building.
  • If the environment doesn't lend itself to easy talk (like at a party or concert) then don't force it. Enjoy the other things going on, save the more intimate talk for later, especially when she's tired of being extroverted and wants to escape the event for a bit.
;)
I want you guys to add more. f.INFP & I are going to a show on friday...

EyeSeeCold

lust for life
Local time
-->
Everything comes naturally.

echoplex

Happen.
Local time
Today 4:03 AM
-->
Here ya go...

• Be unbelievably cute.

I found this, from a softer world, to be appropriate for INFPs:
I disagree with your opinion
but I will defend to the death your right
to go fuck yourself

The thing about feeding your zombified mother was funny too. Silly INFPs. :p

Melkor

*Silent antagonist*
Local time
Today 8:03 AM
-->
Hrm...

I like INFP girls.

JarNew

Banned
Local time
-->
Yup everything comes naturally.

Be natural

Also, pay attention to her. Talk about stuff she;s interested in. Talk about your feelings #1
:storks:

CoryJames

Banned
Local time
-->
This works for any girl. Ask them questions about themselves that they don't usually get. Make them believe you are interested in them. Or actually be interested in them.

stig

Local time
-->
In my experience, the stereotypical INFP girl looks for signs of advanced introspection and poetic romance. If they feel like they know you to your core, and nobody else does, +10 points.

If they feel like you know them to their core, and nobody else does, +100 points.

So, know your INFP woman. Study her. As INTP's, this should be a cinch.

EyeSeeCold

lust for life
Local time
-->
Yup everything comes naturally.

Be natural

Also, pay attention to her. Talk about stuff she;s interested in. Talk about your feelings #1
:storks:

Yes. Try to suppress the need to talk about knowledge or business, talk more about feelings. They thrive on that.

Puffy

"Wtf even was that"
Local time
-->
If you can't be yourself around them there is no point. If the above points are you, then go for it.

JoeJoe

Knifed
Local time
Today 9:03 AM
-->
I'd say the biggest challenge is to find them in the first place. I mean, they don't exactly grow on trees.

Actually they do grow on trees, INFP trees are just very scarce.

Or: It's not as if an INFP child will stop growing once it climbs on a tree. wat r u tawkin about?

JarNew

Banned
Local time
-->
Or: It's not as if an INFP child will stop growing once it climbs on a tree. wat r u tawkin about?

What do you mean by this?

JoeJoe

Knifed
Local time
-->

zackp24

Local time
Today 3:03 AM
-->
Hmmm...I need to find some female INFPs...I already do all of these things automatically. Guess it's time to go a-hunting. :elephant:

SkyWalker

observing y'all from my UFO. inevitably coming dow
Local time
-->
oh oh you guys need help ? let me give you a good one and let your Ne do the rest for you...

ask her.... are you more a rational or an emotional person?

no wait wait don't tell me..... i know a way to find out!

we are not here right now anymore, forget everything around us.

imagine this situation

there is a train thats going to crash, everybody inside is going to die

you are the only one that knows, you can save them by pushing an ugly guy in front of the train. then he will die, but the train will stop and you will save all those other people.\

would you push him??

(no i cant push a person=emotional/feeler)
(yes i will save more lives=rational/thinker)

other answers:
"yes hahahaha i would enjoy it" > borderliner, avoid her
"i will jump in front of the train myself" > self-defeating masochist, avoid her

Bird

Banned
Local time
Today 11:03 AM
-->
Take them to fly kites!!

CoryJames

Banned
Local time
-->
Better idea, take them to fly kittens.

Bird

Banned
Local time
-->
Kitten-shaped kites!

CoryJames

Banned
Local time
-->
How about kite shaped kittens? Or we could stab Justin Bieber with a giant spear and wave him around

lisagreen

Redshirt
Local time
-->
This post made me laugh with recognition. I'm a female INFP and my INTP doesn't need bait. He IS bait. Everything about him--everything he does, everything he says, everything he is--is bait.

The brilliant, mind-bending conversations about topics I've never before considered. The funny and absurd hypothetical situations that make me laugh and endlessly entertain me. The soft kindness and guarded-but-obvious affection. The fact that we don't need to say or do, we can just be. There's so much I recognize in him, and so much that's an absolute and beautiful mystery. I've never felt this much for or about anyone before, and it's nothing he tries to do. It's exactly what he is that does it for me.

I'm afraid that no one but this INTP will ever be good enough for me. And I suspect this is true for many INFP females who are lucky enough to know an INTP male.

CoryJames

Banned
Local time
-->
Aw damn I wanted to get with you though.

gruesomebrat

Biking in pursuit of self...
Local time
-->
So, what lisa seems to be saying here, is that we do not need to figure out what bait to use, we just need to figure out where to find INFP girls... lisa, got any ideas on that one?

Reverse Transcriptase

"you're a poet whether you like it or not"
Local time
-->
This post made me laugh with recognition. I'm a female INFP and my INTP doesn't need bait. He IS bait. Everything about him--everything he does, everything he says, everything he is--is bait.

The brilliant, mind-bending conversations about topics I've never before considered. The funny and absurd hypothetical situations that make me laugh and endlessly entertain me. The soft kindness and guarded-but-obvious affection. The fact that we don't need to say or do, we can just be. There's so much I recognize in him, and so much that's an absolute and beautiful mystery. I've never felt this much for or about anyone before, and it's nothing he tries to do. It's exactly what he is that does it for me.

I'm afraid that no one but this INTP will ever be good enough for me. And I suspect this is true for many INFP females who are lucky enough to know an INTP male.
<3

Quoted for love. I had an INFP think this of me once, and I want it again!

Bird

Banned
Local time
-->
Not that bait is needed anymore...

but petting zoos.

Bird

Banned
Local time
-->
Cute animals are always cute.
Who doesn't want to pet a
goat!?!?!

Bird

Banned
Local time
-->
You're also not a female INFP.
Or a female at all. Or an NF
type.

snafupants

Prolific Member
Local time
Today 3:03 AM
-->
oh oh you guys need help ? let me give you a good one and let your Ne do the rest for you...

imagine this situation

you are the only one that knows, you can save them by pushing an ugly guy in front of the train. then he will die, but the train will stop and you will save all those other people.\

would you push him??

other answers:
"i will jump in front of the train myself" > self-defeating masochist, avoid her

Discounting the looks of the man, the gender of the person, and anything else in that contrived scenario, I have a hard time believing a feeler would be incapable of seeing this scenario in an unbiased enough manner to preclude three hundred passengers from unnecessarily dying. Hell, assuming this scenario made sense, I would die to save that many people, and I would also push someone. Where does that put me? Has this gone offtrack?

SkyWalker

observing y'all from my UFO. inevitably coming dow
Local time
-->
Discounting the looks of the man, the gender of the person, and anything else in that contrived scenario, I have a hard time believing a feeler would be incapable of seeing this scenario in an unbiased enough manner to preclude three hundred passengers from unnecessarily dying. Hell, assuming this scenario made sense, I would die to save that many people, and I would also push someone. Where does that put me? Has this gone offtrack?

wel...you guys wanted bait right?

i guess i caught you on my hook ;)

thus great conversation starter!

btw the looks and gender is not arbitrary, its all a test and is all there on purpose, some (stupid egoistic or not sharp enough) girls just assume "oh ugly fat man" and some (smarter, sharper) girls attack this "ugly fat man premise" like you do. so it tells you a lot about her too.

over-sweet girls jump in front of the train themselves (scarce answer).
rational girls push the man because it saves more lives
bad girls push the man just because they like to push and have a good excuse (they smile sadistically while they say I push).
perceivers cannot decide and just let the crash happen (common answer)
etc....

Causeless

Local time
-->
The thing about feeding your zombified mother was funny too. Silly INFPs. :p

You caught that too?

INTP- "Hmm... what would be the most appropriate place to escape? What would be the most efficient weapon I can make or find to dispatch the offending horde? What potential weaknesses in zombie physiology have I observed that I can exploit?"

INFP- "Mom seems hungry, she's a zombie though... I wonder what I'll feed her?"

Taniwha

Te Aho
Local time
Today 9:03 PM
-->
INFP females are alright, I suppose. :confused:
I'm just saying that because I have two of them for sisters, but then again, I'm biologically female myself... meh, I'm more of an INFJ person here.

WittyUsername

Local time
Today 1:33 PM
-->
A girl I know since I was 10, stills calls me (even though I left that school when I was 14) and we have conversations insanely long. She has a great sense of humor and loves to think and talk about crazy stuff. Once played hide and seek in a mall and went on a bus ride around the whole city just for the hell of it. Things I couldn't have even thought of doing.

And she's most probably INFP. Makes sense now.

Lobstrich

Prolific Member
Local time
-->
In my experience INFP's seem way too sensitive. It's like the word "objective" or the saying "Go after the ball not the player" is completely unkown to them. Everything ends up with them assuming that you know how they feel, what they think, their intentions, their point etc. It's extremely frustrating.

To be honest though the objective part is generally how I feel F's are. Not INFP's in particular.

Causeless

Local time
-->
Once played hide and seek in a mall and went on a bus ride around the whole city just for the hell of it. Things I couldn't have even thought of doing.

Strangely, that sounds like a blast. :confused::slashnew:

MoonPhantom

Local time
Today 10:03 AM
-->
I have dated an INFP and you are quite right that, their sensitivity to even mildest distraction is amazing. But it was fun while it lasted. I mean, maybe it`s my character, but I do find that sensitivity charming, even though sometimes it can get over the top and become down-right frustrating.
Though her sense for beauty and arts was astounding. If you do want a romantic partner - in my opinion, INFP would be the closest shot.

Christina

Redshirt
Local time
-->
It's strange how different people just seem to click with one another...

I'm an INTJ and all of my friends have taken the myers briggs test turned out to be INTP

That's absolutely all of them...I have accepted the fact that I cannot get away from you guys...

I think it's fascinating...

As for dating goes I really haven't found a specific type that interests me, I honestly think I went all across the board.

Christina

Redshirt
Local time
-->
In my experience INFP's seem way too sensitive. It's like the word "objective" or the saying "Go after the ball not the player" is completely unkown to them. Everything ends up with them assuming that you know how they feel, what they think, their intentions, their point etc. It's extremely frustrating.

To be honest though the objective part is generally how I feel F's are. Not INFP's in particular.

...wait...so you're NOT supposed to go after the player with a bat??

CoryJames

Banned
Local time
-->
Well I know that in rugby you are NOT supposed to run around chasing the ball. That would ruin your entire defensive capability.

Bird

Banned
Local time
-->
Show emotion!

Christina

Redshirt
Local time
-->
Well I know that in rugby you are NOT supposed to run around chasing the ball. That would ruin your entire defensive capability.

Ah okay

I was making a reference to baseball but then i've been playing baseball the wrong way the entire time then...I thought that that was what bats were made for...

Hitting the ball makes it less interesting of a game then...that's no fun...

elanor

Redshirt
Local time
-->

imagine this situation

would you push him??

other answers:

This doesn't work :P
I'm an INFP and I would push the guy in order to save more lives.

tree

Local time
-->
For future reference, INFP female bait, from an INFP female...

1. Not all INFPs like petting zoos. On that note, take the rest of these suggestions with a grain of salt as well.

2. I am a bleeding heart. INFPs can often be found volunteering at soup kitchens or saving orphans in Kenya or something. Bonus points if you're there too. I know lots of female INFPs, and those are places that I've met them. If you don't like orphans, don't fake it, I'll know. Instead, focus on a more practical aspect of the situation, like repairing the system that created the orphan problem, or finding the most cost-efficient way to give the orphans better nutrition. Realize that I'm kind of joking about the "save the orphans" phrase.

3. Spontaneity is awesome. Drive in a particular direction with no destination in mind, stop whenever you see something weird or beautiful. Bus adventures, exploring a new neighborhood, trying a really off the wall restaurant... Bonus points if you bring a camera and use it.

4. Be clear about your intentions. Creativity + introspection = overanalyzing. Overanlyzing sucks.

5. Ask probing questions. Gently helping me figure out why I do something is very helpful. If you don't understand why I'm doing something, I probably don't either, and helping me get to the bottom of it earns triple bonus points.

6. A lot of INFPs are really quite sharp, intellectually, but aren't always seen that way behind the fog of whimsy. Including me in intellectual conversations and using analogies and examples to explain concepts I don't get are great. Rapid fire debate is difficult, but if I have a moment to think, I can usually come up with something quite profound.

7. I like writing, and reading things that you've written, especially if I think you haven't shown them to anyone else.

8. If you need space, tell me, and tell me why (I am stressed about ____ and need a night to myself to think about it). Then you get space, and I get to feel privy to something semi-emotional that you're going through. If I don't understand your need for space, and think that you're just being selfish, proceed with caution, for your own good.

9. A lot of INFPs have low self-esteem. If you compliment me to my face, I'll think you're being insincere because you want something. Find something I did that you think is awesome, and tell your friends about it, in front of me. Or say, "hey, since you're so good at art, could you draw a picture for the cover of my book?" In other words, don't just say it, believe it, and prove it by saying it in a way that proves you believe it. If we're alone and you tell me I look beautiful, who knows what your motivations are. But if you say to a friend, "Doesn't my INFP look great tonight? I love that blue dress on her," you must really really mean it.

10. Don't lie. Ever. If you don't know how to answer a question, don't brush it off or give a false answer. Say, "I don't know how to answer that right now. Can you give me a _______ to think about it?" Then follow through, think about it, and tell me. If I'm not willing to give you time to think about it, proceed with caution, for your own good.

Hadoblado

think again losers
Local time
Today 5:33 PM
-->
Oh my God, I was once in love with an infp, but didn't know about MBIT so couldn't categorise them like that. The things said on this board are so true it scares me, so much sense! I'm going to link her to asofterworld right now, not that I'm still interested, but it seems like something she would love.

xbox

Prolific Member
Local time
Yesterday 9:03 PM
-->
That's interesting, I learned something. I'm wondering what type INTP females are compatible with, if any :twisteddevil:

Hadoblado

think again losers
Local time
-->
INTP males obv. Stop straying from the herd, our compatible personality list is already far too small. ;)

Bird

Banned
Local time
-->
INTP males obv. Stop straying from the herd, our compatible personality list is already far too small. ;)

Could you please make a post of this list?

Hadoblado

think again losers
Local time
-->
Oh no someone caught my presumption!

To tell you the truth I don't have one :(

I'm attracted to INTPs, ENTJs, and INFPs. There may be others but I am unaware of them.

All I know (*have heard) is that INTP's are the least likely personality type to find success in long term relationships, something I am finding difficulty with myself. The one-in-a-million chance that someone who actually interests you is also interested in you is then further improbableised by whether that interest will continue long enough for either party to do anything about it, and for the relationship to then be successful.

I find anyone with high S to be not at all compatible. I don't mind F's, so long as they can think when prompted (if they have a similar criteria for feelings then I'm screwed outa this one too). I'm pretty unphased by I/E, but if you're extrovert I'd probably need you to go away every now and then. J's are sexy, but only if they are relatively high functioning with it. I find it painful when people need conclusions so bad they will settle for the wrong ones.

Sorry I could only give my personal limitations, you seem to have caught me mid bound in a leap of logic there ;)

cidheli

Redshirt
Local time
-->
In my experience, the stereotypical INFP girl looks for signs of advanced introspection and poetic romance. If they feel like they know you to your core, and nobody else does, +10 points.

If they feel like you know them to their core, and nobody else does, +100 points.

So, know your INFP woman. Study her. As INTP's, this should be a cinch.

Oh God I think I'm a closet INFP!...hehehe

Top Bottom