• OK, it's on.
  • Please note that many, many Email Addresses used for spam, are not accepted at registration. Select a respectable Free email.
  • See https://www.intpforum.com/threads/upgrade-at-10-am-gmt.27631/

Favorite Star Trek Character?/Data or Spock

Pizzabeak

Prolific Member
Local time
Yesterday, 18:07
I always thought Data was interesting. Spock was the first commander, and was INTJ or P. In the next one they put Data as the commander, and he was an android instead of a Vulcan, or space elf species of humanoid. They were both smart, although Data was clearly INTP.

Throughout Next Generation (TNG), in most of the episodes throughout every season, Data was under attack or threat of being kidnapped and taken. Seeing as he was a main character it made sense for the writers to include him in so many plot lines, for popularity, I suppose, and not really character development.

I would imagine it would get annoying to be him, despite any of the perks you'd get by being a positronic robot. I don't know any other examples of this in any other art or story, besides maybe Sherlock Holmes, and how he said he still had people after his head for revenge. In other things, villains usually come from somewhere else but for Data, since he was on the Enterprise and given their mission, it made sense that he would be in danger with that conflict as frequently as depicted. As an INTP, with Data, I didn't think that would be his most relatable aspect, and it didn't start to feel familiar until you relate that with harassment, people surreptitiously asking you questions or "provoking" a response, and the like; etc. What do you think of it? Spock seems kind of better, although TOS was more "cerebral" and sci-fi oriented. Voyager was also a good one, and Star Wars was fun to watch growing up, I guess, but Star Trek might be better; SW is more action adventure, and not really sci-fi.

Niclmaki

Disturber of the Peace
Local time
Yesterday, 21:07
Spock was just an asshole for most of the TOS (Discovery too). In the movies, and as Spock Prime in the JJ movies, he was much more bearable.

Data was likeable throughout.

Easy to pick my favourite.

QuickTwist

Spiritual "Woo"
Local time
Yesterday, 20:07
Spock was just an asshole for most of the TOS (Discovery too). In the movies, and as Spock Prime in the JJ movies, he was much more bearable.

You got something against cold assertive logic or what? J/K I think I more or less agree with you.

washti

rr
Local time
Today, 03:07
lol spock forever. i would gladly take pon farr every 7 years over my monthly silly titillation.

Niclmaki

Disturber of the Peace
Local time
Yesterday, 21:07

You got something against cold assertive logic or what? J/K I think I more or less agree with you.
Haha, well Data does the same thing, but he’s not a dick about it.

I do like how they’re kinda opposites to each other though.

Data is there to learn how to be human.

Spock is there to teach the stupid humans and reject his humanity.

Top Bottom