• OK, it's on.
  • Please note that many, many Email Addresses used for spam, are not accepted at registration. Select a respectable Free email.
  • Done now. Domine miserere nobis.

ever misspell a word

eagor

Senior Executive Lab Monkey
Local time
Today 9:42 PM
-->
i'm a prize in a cereal box near you, so buy, BUY,
only to look it up and realize you didn't, i do it all the time which is why i downloaded wordweb to speed up the process of spellchecking.

does this happen to you? and if so how does it make you feel...

Sinny91

Banned
Local time
-->
Yes and inadequate.

WALKYRIA

Local time
-->
all the time main; yes main, all the time... But then grammar is relative, didnt you read einstein? OK dude

Esurient Fere

*grownup
Local time
-->
It happens all the time.
How does it make me feel? Let me think about that... I'll get back to you next week.

Yellow

for the glory of satan
Local time
Today 2:42 PM
-->
Constantly. It makes me feel like I'm a bad speller, then like I'm a good speller, and then like I've the memory of a goldfish.

Pyropyro

Magos Biologis
Local time
Tomorrow 5:42 AM
-->
Depends on the medium and the investment that I made to proofread my work.

If it's just a misspelling on an online post then no biggie. However, if they're in an official document... :eek:

Lapis Lazuli

Banned
Local time
-->
All the time. Sometimes I spell a set of words correctly, and at other times I will misspell those same words wrong. It depends on my frame of mind. If I’m preoccupied with something, I misspell. If I am trying to think too hard about what I’m saying, I misspell. If I wake up still twilighting, I misspell sometimes and at other times have lucid prose that gives me a buzz.

Other times words come off the fingertips as if I’m on a rail. The dogs and cat can be fighting, I don’t misspell. The loonies outside can be making a ruckus, I don’t misspell. Iv’e got the Jones’, I don’t misspell.

I don’t know why, nor do I worry too much about it. Language is about meaning, and is only a conventional medium.

Esurient Fere

*grownup
Local time
-->
It makes me feel like I'm my own problem. I'm right but I can hardly believe it. More frustrating than disheartening.

INTPWolf

Contemplating reality, one script at a time
Local time
-->
All the time, i an awful speller and tend to spell things phonetically and my grammar is horrendous. My thought on it is that spelling requires a great deal of remembering bits of knowledge, im much better at understanding a concept and using that understanding to come up with answers. That being said there's no way you can use a system of understanding to figure out how to spell the many different words in the english language.
I dont know about other browsers but if you use chrome, you can left click the type field and select spell check options and select Ask Google. This has helped me fix hundreds of grammatical errors.

Top Bottom