• OK, it's on.
  • Please note that many, many Email Addresses used for spam, are not accepted at registration. Select a respectable Free email.
  • Done now. Domine miserere nobis.

do dreams have meaning?

Local time
Yesterday 7:43 PM
-->
and do you recall your dreams? i mentioned in an earlier post that i often have vivid, detailed off the wall dreams that i can usually completely recall on awakening- conversations, colours, surroundings, everything. my husband doesn't remember any dreams-ever. and does anyone else have problems shutting off their minds enough to get to sleep at a decent hour?

Local time
-->
it's late, i'm bored so i will reply to myself. if i believed my dreams really did mean anything i would never sleep. they would make good twilight zone episodes, especially the one where my daughter in law had the homicidal alien octo-baby who grew up (in a matter of days) to eat her unsuspecting boyfriends. baby stares up at me and curses me and daughter in law on the ride home from the hospital- very foul language. grew into a teen, she had trouble keeping her extra "legs" out of sight in public- they would sometimes drop down when time was getting close to feeding on her victims. goes on dates, takes them behind the building and literally eats them. i believed daddy was the doc with the same light ice blue, almost white eyes.

then there's the one where i discover a string hanging from my mouth, i begin to pull, it goes on and on, then hangs- there's a fish hook on the end and it won't come out- no pain, just stuck. hubby offers to drive me to get help- takes me to a run down shed in the woods and leaves me with the doc. doc turns out to be a vet with no credentials- i run home and threaten my hubby for taking me to a vet.

yet another- i'm a very thin hindu priest sitting in a circle around a fire with 3 other priests in meditation. the masses come with torches to punish me for refusing to enlighten them of my recent vision- they had depended on me to give them insight into the future based on the visions. i refused this time knowing they will all die soon- they continue to search for me but a stranger offers help in hiding me.

i was a slave swishing clothes in a giant pot with a large stick in an egyptian pavillion- the gaurds are not watching-i see an opportunity to escape- i get out of the pavillion and make it to the huge wood and iron city gate- almost out the door when the guards catch up to me and drag me back

these are only a few- i dream every night - not always the scary freaky ones. sometimes i dream i can actually float and hover a few feet in the air and delight in showing that i am not earthbound like everyone else- have a warm euphoric feeling of peace and weightlessness. and i sometimes dream of loved ones who have died- in the dream i'm telling them of the horrible dream in which they died. i can understand that one. well, how weird am i? too much sci-fi?

loveofreason

echoes through time
Local time
Yesterday 1:43 PM
-->
Oooh mindovermatter, can I buy a ticket for tonight's dreams? They sound astounding and I miss the twilight zone!

I have phases that I go through with remembering dreams and not. When I do remember they are very often related to some issue in my waking life. At the moment I'm not remembering much - I'm simply too tired I think (baby disturbs my sleep), and I'd like to have some really vivid dreams again that stay with me and leave me something to ponder.

I remember this one where I was in a small gray blank building, and I had gone in to wait for someone - a mentor who was guiding me, and when he appeared he silently transmitted a ritual I needed to conduct to enter the next phase of my development. So I did (in the dream) as guided to do. I cut a hole in the back of my skull and took my own brains out. I felt much better. To be literal, that had to be some tale about changing my mind. Nothing too deep there.

Sleep well!

lightspeed

Banned
Local time
-->
Mindovermatter, this is some good stuff! I get really excited about hearing other people's dreams. One told me recently about Stephen King basing his novels on nightmares, and him actively using lucid dreaming techniques and dream recall. I can't vouch for the accuracy of this statement, but it would seem to be true. In your case, you could do the same, based on the depth of your dreams, and the way they go on and on like a dreadful fractal kind of reminds me of Tim Burton movies. (especially the one where you pull the string, and eventually get a fish hook... I can completely imagine a clay figure decapitating it's self by pulling too hard)

On dreams having meaning-- I certainly believe they do! Some even think we go in and out of the astral plane through an invisible chord attached to our heads. I often write my dreams down, and find that I have some kind of psychic intuition in the form of symbolism. It has been eerily accurate about making jumbled predictions, and some of it has just been my memory taking a dump all over everything.

I hope you won't mind me sharing some dreams in this thread later... (your's seem so good, that you should have a thread alone just for posting yours)

We're all weirdos and nut jobs here. You are encouraged to share anything disturbing. :D

Zeke Johnson

Local time
Today 1:43 AM
-->
I've actually done extensive research on this topic, namely Carlos Castenada, Carl Jung, J.W Dunne etc. I also quite often pull never-ending string from my mouth.

I've also been kicked out of dreams whilst lucid by MIB figures, my sister also had such an experience. I went through my bed into another dimension once, although I could only call it super-consciousness, as all my senses were super-heightened.

Yet another time, beings showed me images which later on that week, came true. My stomach area felt like a washing-machine leading up to the events.

When you develop lucid powers you are able to control and manipulate any aspect of the dream, making people jump out of windows etc.

In summary I found some of the experiences to be too scary to my EGO and found myself being unable to live a normal life, so I've stopped research into this area...and wouldn't recommend it, unless your intention is to transcend life.

Zeke Johnson ( Ex-Captain )

Ermine

is watching and taking notes
Local time
Yesterday 5:43 PM
-->
casually playing guitar in my mental arena
I don't know why, but I hardly ever seem to have structured dreams. I just ramble in my head about what I learned and saw and heard in school along with languid lazy looking black and white images.

I only dream when I'm half asleep and really tired in the morning, and even then, it's usually just fantasies about certain crushes... Boring mediocre stuff.

Local time
-->
when younger most dreams were of the usual- seeing coins all over the ground, teeth falling out, being naked in public, careening off a broken bridge, knee deep in snakes. dreams of futility-being chased in a car by a car, then suddenly find myself pedaling like mad on a tricycle, or trying to scream and being mute

the worst ever (and dumbest) i can remember was when a bear (no idea why a bear) or skeleton would crawl through the window and tickle me- tickling that made me cry- poking and poking my ribs while i pleaded for it to stop. sounds unbelievably silly but was sheer torture- i would wake and still feel it intensely for several minutes, waking didn't make the sensation immediately cease and i believed i was going to die if it didn't stop soon enough. stupid dream- and this particular one came regular. possibly caused by an unknown medical condition? even as an adult i still fear this one

still occasionally have the bright light nightmares- feeling my way around with squinted eyes, the light being too intense to open them.

enough about my incredibly boring earlier dreams- i do ramble when i'm tired

Vrecknidj

Prolific Member
Local time
Yesterday 8:43 PM
-->
You might want to do some research on totem animals if you want to discover what the dream about the bear meant.

It's reasonable that the coins are reflections of the ego or the self. They are, after all, symbols of wholeness.

Some dreams hold more meaningfulness than others. But, in all cases, it's your own unconscious projecting images into your consciousness for you. Somewhere, in there, is another voice (or, rather, many other voices), with advice, humor, suggestions, hints, etc. And, though it takes a long time to learn to understand their language, as you develop that capacity, you get more interesting, vivid, and personally meaningful messages.

Most folks never develop this, or have any interest in it, and so don't get very far.

Dave

Local time
-->
been checking on the bear totem and ran across this;

"One is about snakes, and I've mentioned them more than once, and the other is "the bear" dream. Snakes, as much as I loathe them, I can deal with. I simply kill them. Often in my "snake" dreams, I'm surrounded to the level the Indiana Jones was in the Temple of Doom—squared. I always find myself at my childhood home in the middle of the expansive yard. What should be grass is a writhing mass of snakes—all poisonous. It doesn't help that it's summertime and I'm wearing shorts and am barefoot. The only place where snakes aren't is exactly where I am standing on a stone slab. If I dare to move then I am dead. There is nothing to jump nor leap to for safety—nothing. It's a paralyzing sort of situation. No one is home; there is no one I can call out to. Nothing! It's terrifying. I have no tools to use to lay waste to my tormentors. That's how dreams are. With the snake stuff, if I dare to stand still and endure I can survive. This is not the case with the "bear" dream."

obviously snakes are a common dream and much in this dream was similar to mine- barefoot, surrounded in the yard by tons of them- but unlike the person above, i was not very afraid of the snakes and had no desire to kill them- just more curious about why there were so many.........................back to bear research

Local time
-->
can't recall as much of last night's dream- just the latter part where i went downstairs in a building full of dead women walking silently up and down the halls in fancy clothing-dresses to the floor- "marie antoinette" type gowns, lots of yellow-they all turned and looked at me with no expression as i followed 3 of them - turned a corner at the end of the hall, the 3 walked into a room to the right where others awaited and closed the door refusing to let me in- tried to sneak in when one came out - could hear them talking, really wanted to know what they were saying but got pushed back and chastised for trying to enter- think they were discussing what to do with me- don't know if i was dead too, wasn't that scared but felt apprehensive about the discussion i wasn't allowed to hear

recall bits and pieces of the one where my eyeball falls out into my hand- walked around unable to find anyone to put it back in-man it was big, way bigger than my eye socket

mm1991

Local time
-->
I used to be really into dream interpretation.
On average, every single person in the world has a few dreams every night. It's just a matter of remembering them. If it was a really boring dream, then you never will even remember you had it. But if it's a vivid dream, it'll stick with you when you wake up. But any dreams you remember when you wake up, you can start forgetting the entire thing in a matter of seconds.
So, when I was interested in Dream Interpretation, I had a pen and paper ready at my bedside so that I could write down anything I remembered right when I woke up.
The only thing Dream Interpretation does is tell you exactly what you are feeling. Say you had a bad day yesterday. You go to sleep tonight, have a dream, and research it tomorrow. The interpretation will tell you "You have sadness and/or anger inside you". Well, duh!
I find it kinda useless since it just tells you what you already know, but whatever.

Local time
-->
i don't much believe in the "fortune teller" dream interpretations based on a single part in your dream- but i am interested in some of the theories behind them and why some are so bizarre- can't imagine they are motivated by desires- maybe serotonin levels, representations of personal conceptions, delirium or schizophrenia?

"Jung believed that dreams may contain ineluctable truths, philosophical pronouncements, illusions, wild fantasies, memories, plans, irrational experiences and even telepathic visions."

i do like to be able to recall the especially freaky ones and am just posting them for fun more than to discover insight into my subconscious- but of course if anyone thinks they may have a theory for any of them i would like to hear. sometimes my brain won't shut off enough for me to sleep so here i am

loveofreason

echoes through time
Local time
-->
I recall a very similar dream to your snake one, mindovermatter, except I was in motion, and the lawn of snakes was in motion too. I was running, trying to reach the door of the house before the snakes did (hence cutting me off from getting in to safety). It was one of my recurring childhood dreams, but always ended before I knew whether I had made it safely to the house or not.

Have you thought of starting a dream blog in the INTPs and blogs section?

Local time
-->
I recall a very similar dream to your snake one, mindovermatter, except I was in motion, and the lawn of snakes was in motion too. I was running, trying to reach the door of the house before the snakes did (hence cutting me off from getting in to safety). It was one of my recurring childhood dreams, but always ended before I knew whether I had made it safely to the house or not.

Have you thought of starting a dream blog in the INTPs and blogs section?

haven't but i will look into it, i need to stop being so lazy and write stuff down when i first wake up so i don't lose so much. i have forgotten some really good ones that i told my sister- maybe she can jog my memory on those. hers are just as bizarre

when you dreamed of snakes were you afraid and was it in first person or was it like watching yourself from a few feet away?
i wasn't feeling fearful and am not afraid of real ones-had one living in the basement for a while. hubby saw it on the back step and killed it before he realized it was our chicken snake- very sad, he was a great mouser

loveofreason

echoes through time
Local time
-->
In the childhood dream I mentioned, yes it was first person and I was afraid. It was like the harder I tried to run the further away the house seemed, and the snakes kept getting closer, but in an ever reducing way, so they never quite reached the house - they too were focused on the house as their destination and it always looked like they were going to get there before me, it never resolved.

I've kept snakes as pets in real life. They are fascinating creatures

mm1991

Local time
-->
Even the freaky dreams, just tell you what your emotions at the time are.
I have had dreams where people are getting possessed by demons, are being eaten, ect...and yet, it still interprets what I already know. It just tells about my current state.

If you see a snake in your dream, you could have some hidden fears or worries. It can mean someone around you cannot be trusted. But at the same time, it can also mean knowledge and wisdom.
So.......yeah.

Wisp

The Soft Rational
Local time
-->
Hmmm... I don't dream much... I've only had about 3 nightmares my entire life... Maybe I'm just mentally stable, or I just have no feelings to dream about. Or I have a bad memory and can't remember them.

Local time
-->
well, here i go again- had some weird dreams last night and for about 15 minutes after waking, remnants of several dreams in the past came back to me. this has happened before- there must be a connection in the mind that links a present dream to a past one. flashes of old dreams kept coming- some i hadn't thought of in years.

i was looking at an ad for a doll (i collect dolls so that's nothing unusual), picture showed a large 36 inch size shirley temple-bad hair in that it had been combed straight but i thought i could work with it- went to see about buying-walked into a tudor style home - didn't even knock- in the hall lay 2 very small women, like a foot tall, with their necks bound together with white tape- long needles were in each of their jugulars- needles were connected to a wire that plugged into a socket on the wall- they were looking up saying they were going to make him pay for this- an overweight bald man standing over them looked up and seeing me grabbed a large metal box and attacked me with it-i freaked and was able to grab the box and bash his head in- he fell to the floor and i proceeded down the hall as if nothing happened-was no longer scared- saw a large doll on a bench but it appeared badly ragged out- got closer and it was a horrible looking mutilated thing with a hairy chest and mangled hairy face- i thought, crap, this doll was not worth the trip - the eyes were hanging out- it looked at me and muttered- i screamed and ran with it flopping across the floor in pursuit- it's body had twisted legs and arms sticking up in the air in all directions as it rocked it's body up and down like a fish out of water- i ran out a door only to find myself in a small rusty metal room with another door- in a total panic that i would not get the door open before the hideous thing caught up to me- it moved fast- got through that door- then yet another door- after several doors, one leads outside- i start running towards the street but giant dark brown slimy leech or slug looking creatures were covering the ground trying to prevent me from making it across- ran around the right edge and got to the street- ran into the yard on the other side- vines pop out of the ground and quickly grow huge and try to prevent me going back to the street- biggest vine planted it's other end in the ground on the opposite side and began swinging round like a jump rope-and even dumber, i jumped rope to get across and back to the street- at that point it was like i had not been scared at all and awoke

so in this dream i was off and on in a panic and had thoughts of how stupid the whole thing seemed. not a lot of other emotion other than fear- never thought of the 2 small women after i hit the guy.

tesseracter

Local time
-->
Hi! I'm new, here. If you read my intro, you'll find that I'm not even sure I belong, but oh well!

To answer your question, I think dreams are simply mind dumps. I think if we analyzed it a bit, we'd discover some fears and emotions we have that we weren't aware of, but basically, it really reflects what we already know or fear.

Btw, my favorite dreams are the ones where I fly! Usually, at the beginning, I just soar all over, but it usually degrades to someone chasing me, and once I begin attempting to get away, I can feel my ability dropping. I get lower and lower and lower, until I no longer have the ability. That's usually a recurring dream. I've also had the recurring dream of getting all of my teeth knocked out (I hate that one).

Oh, this is what I wanted to mention: have you ever had the dreams that you dream you are dreaming, then wake up and say to yourself 'I was only dreaming' then do it a few more times until you actually wake up? I usually have those dreams on the first day of an important event. It's a bit frustrating, because I repeat my first morning over and over until I FINALLY wake up and tell myself "I was only dreaming that I got up and got myself ready, etc."

I've also learned how to stop my dreams, of course. When I first discovered it - I thought it was pretty cool. I've stopped many a nightmare smack in the middle by telling myself to WAKE UP! Except, lol, one time, I told myself to wake up, and I woke up, got myself ready, only to realize I WAS STILL DREAMING!

farlda

Local time
-->
I think the coolest thing about dreaming is when you wake up within the dream but you can control it. There's a term for it that I can never remember.

But anyway, I think dreams are just a visual representation of what you're thinking about, consciously and unconsciously, like abstract art. So pretty much what everyone else said, just worded slightly differently!

Local time
-->
But anyway, I think dreams are just a visual representation of what you're thinking about, consciously and unconsciously, like abstract art. So pretty much what everyone else said, just worded slightly differently!

hmmm.........if that is the case i am a true psycho indeed

Yozuki

Local time
-->
Yozuki is a thinking the self concept is the virtualization and the dream is the processor the harddrive the defragging activity. Much the efficiency I think so.

loveofreason

echoes through time
Local time
-->
I like that theory. Elegant.

Cabbo Pearimo

Local time
-->
dreams are inter-connected thoughts which connect to a visual representation of themselves and show as hallucinations. I have extremely vivid dreams in which I can taste, smell, feel, hear and see the dream. Sometimes, while trying to get to sleep, I will dream before completely loosing consciousness, something will happen, like I will trip, and I will physically try to break my fall, even though I'm really lying in my bed.

Wisp

The Soft Rational
Local time
-->
I envy you. I'm a heavy sleeper, I never remember my dreams...

Cabbo Pearimo

Local time
-->
I think drugs have something to do with vivid dreams too.

FreakOfNature

Redshirt
Local time
-->
The nearest bookstore is 45 minutes and three high
I had a dream once where I was on a date (even though I'm too young to date in my eyes) and Aslan popped out of nowhere and made me Queen of Narnia. I woke up laughing...

And then I had a dream where I was at Disneyworld and was riding some stupid roller coaster, and I thought it was really stupid and idiotic and why did I even get on this ride?. Then I fell off. It was really cool though, because for a split second before I woke up, I kind of felt my spirit-soul-consciousness-mind-whatever you want to call it-actually floating about an inch above my body, floating back, like my spirit-soul-consciousness-mind-thing had really taken a trip to Disneyworld and had fallen off...

But besides that, I usually forget my dreams. I hate that.

Dreams are fascinating though. Whether they're freaky (snakes crawling everywhere) or "classic" (i.e. being at work/school naked, flying, having to give a speech you haven't practiced for etc.) or just plain out funny (like my sister dreaming her best friend tried to cut her head off with a watermelon), vivid or forgettable, dreams always have that elusive, quicksilver quality about them that makes us wonder if they have some ulterior reason for existing, like it's a giant mystery we have yet to solve. Whether they really do have a reason, I don't know.

Cabbo Pearimo

Local time
-->
Now here's a guy with a sense of propriety. Manages to make sense and keep interest at the same time. Welcome.

FreakOfNature

Redshirt
Local time
-->
I'm a girl. Just to clear that up.

And thanks. Glad to be here. Seems to be the only place on the Internet that idiots don't congregate. Armageddon is upon us!

(...and that's the first time anyone's said I make sense. I make sense in my own world, but in the material world I make no sense. Thanks!)

Ermine

is watching and taking notes
Local time
Yesterday 5:43 PM
-->
casually playing guitar in my mental arena
Well, I think that it's certainly possible for others to understand our ideas once we find our communication mode of choice. For me, it's writing. Every time I have to write an essay for English or anything else, I come closer and closer to making sense to everyone else.

And though I love this little pocket of intelligence on the internet, there's an outside world that isn't entirely stupid and we need to make sense to them, like it or not.

Cabbo Pearimo

Local time
-->
'Guy' can apply to both sexes (sneaky, non?). I was being purposefully ambiguous. That's the second time I've used that word today...

You'll find it hard to confuse us here.

Agapooka

Celui qui pose trop de questions.
Local time
-->
Plz don't stalk me, but my address is 127.0.0.1.
guy
1. (Informal) A man; a fellow.
2. guys (Informal) Persons of either sex.

In its plural form, it makes no distinction of gender. You used the singular.

You could argue that "fellow" can be both sexes, although the inclination is to use that word to denote a male.

Local time
-->
latest entry into the book of weird;

there was more to the beginning that i did not recall-
but i am walking into my living room.......there is a giant tv screen- at least 10 feet diameter ..........my husband and 4 yr old nephew are watching.........we all go to stand right up to the screen and it is as if it is 3-D, and has the feel as if we are in a helicopter flying........across green grassy fields and then buildings over a city......a little brunette girl dressed in yellow jumps from another helicopter and her parachute does not open.....she lands near the edge on the top of a building with a flat rooftop.....bounces off and hits the ground, gets up and she is fine and walks away- but now she has long blonde ringlets.........we walk away from the TV, hubby and nephew leaves...............my eye feels strange.........i go down the hall to look in the mirror.......my eyes are a light teal color but my right one is bloody red around the iris and swelled under the lid......i look inside my throat as it feels lumpy..........there is a round protrusion.......not knowing what it could be, i lean my head back for a better view.......from the different angle, i can see what it is- AN EYEBALL!.......i reach in to touch it..........it feels as if it is embedded somewhat but not attached by tissue.....so i poke at it a bit and am able to remove it........i look again and see not only more eyes but some kind of soft fabric things like very small toy cloth balls......i pull out several of the balls and a few more eyes......one eyeball would not come all the way out and before i could try again, i swallowed it........i put the removed eyes in a jar

Local time
-->
forgot to mention that the eyes were as separate entities, they would rotate to look at me as i gazed down my throat- as if they were surprised that they had been found. i did not feel any horror at seeing them, just confusion as to why they would have chosen my throat as their host. and they were all blue eyes, no brown in the bunch

Agapooka

Celui qui pose trop de questions.
Local time
-->
Plz don't stalk me, but my address is 127.0.0.1.
I smell sexism... I mean, why not call a mixed gender group girls? People?

I find that in many languages, the masculine gender is denoted with the "zero" morpheme.

With this in mind, my preference is to refer to mixed groups of people as "people," "persons" and "individuals."

Mindovermatter, that blob of text frustrates me. Could you use sentences, complete ideas and paragraphs?

CowSavior

White Jesus
Local time
-->
I thought Lucid dreams were basically where you daydream and can't wake yourself up, and horrible things happen in the dream...

My friend has that problem, but I'm not sure what it's really called now... (>_<")

Local time
-->
I think drugs have something to do with vivid dreams too.

is this a serious thought, or are you cracking wise? :) just wondering because i have never used yet have very vivid detailed lengthy dreams - in living color. my subconscious can obviously generate some freaky stuff but not due to drugs...and i am not insane nor chronically depressed. my imagination just seems to go into hyperdrive when i sleep. some cause such absolute terror that i fear i will truly die, likely the reason for my frequent bouts of insomnia

Linsejko

Ghost of עמק רפאים.
Local time
-->
In the center of the world. (As opposed to the ear
That's called sleep paralysis. Lucid dreams are when you become conscious of your dream-state, and start to control your dream from within it.

I also have a friend that suffers sleep paralysis. It sounds terrible, but incredibly fascinating to me... I can't even imagine it. She says it's like hallucinations imposed over reality, and you are stuck. She said she had one when she was little of people eating her.

She just sat there, unable to scream or move.

It sounds to me, though, like if you stopped fearing them, they would cease? As if the fear perpetuates it?

I dunno. It's just so foreign sounding to me.

.L

Radioactive_Springtime

Local time
-->
don't remember all the details, and, as far as dreams go i can't find any meaning at all to mine

the fragment of the dream that i remember most involved a creature with mixed bear and canine features: its body was mostly bearish except the hind legs had a more canine look, it was about twice the size of a dog, had the tail and ears of a larger breed of dog, and its facial structure/snout was longer than a bears usually is but not quite like that of a labrador retriever (i have a black lab).

basically I'm looking out my rooms window, which overlooks the side of my house. It's second story, and overlooks my house's driveway, about where my family keeps the trash cans and recycling bins. The animal which has just rummaged through the garbage cans looks up into my window at me staring at it. I motion to my friend who is standing next to me to look at the animal, to which he ignores me. then the animal breaks the window too the first floor bathroom hallway, which is directly under my room's window.

At this point i awake to an infomercial on buying homes for cheap through government auctions.

Any ideas on symbolism?

Zero

The Fiend
Local time
-->
I dreamed I was eating a small Trilobite, then I decided that was disgusting and spat it out in three bites. I'm not sure that has any meaning. Sometimes I dream of huge ships and weird places, but I think it's mostly experiences, desires and fears. I'm not really afraid of Trilobites though. I was more disgusted, I felt kind of bad... I have a historical geology class right now and I suppose that's why I dreamed about a trilobite.

Radioactive_Springtime

Local time
-->
yeah, I guess my dreams have never seemed to have any major significance before. Don't even remember most of them, and the ones I do seem more like acid trips than symbolism

FreakOfNature

Redshirt
Local time
-->
I once had a dream where my best friend from elementary school turned into a psycho-killer. We lived in some sort of a post-apocalyptic society, where it was too dangerous to go outside, so everyone used the subway to get to places (I live way out in the middle of the country where you bike or walk everywhere, so no parallels to my life) and I was this society's version of an honor student/hall monitor (I had high grades, so I had the priviledge of watching the school's halls at night...joy...) and I remember getting up for my shift marveling at the fact that my roommate had no clue that I was part of "the elite". Fast forward a few hours to the end of the school day and the entire school is streaming down these stairs to the subways and I had this flash of intuition (I still have the N in dreams too? How does that work?) that my best friend (i.e. mass murdering lunatic) was going to strike again. I look up and see a giant bat come down on the head of another friend, who I pull out of the way in the nick of time. The bat kills some nameless guy. All hell breaks loose. People rush to the subways, some kids go back for friends/siblings/boyfriends/girlfriends and I join them, trying to remain as inconspicous as possible, because now I know the identity of the killer, which, as a member of "the elite", is very crucial.
Fast forward another few hours, to my shift, where the killer comes out of the shadows and streaks down a hallway that looks scarily like a hallway at my real school. I engage her one-on-one in fight (why?) and get my butt kicked (duh) because she's an incredible soccer player (in real life and in dreamworld) and I have to call in reinforcements, which she quickly disposes of.

Then I wake up.

But the whole dream had this sort of science-fiction-meets-gothic-insanity kind of feel to it, and even though I know it's insane and sadistic of me to want to dream it again, I want to. It would be so cool to see how truly demented I really am. And how my incredible my subconscious imagination is...

Cabbo Pearimo

Local time
-->
The answer to the origional question; yes, but only as much as reality.

Melkor

*Silent antagonist*
Local time
Today 12:43 AM
-->
To be honest thsi is a conflict of sorts I have with myself.
If I am aethist, then surely I cannot possibly belive that dreams are more condensation given off by the mind.
However I have had dreams witha fair amount of meaning.

For example-

I once dreamt that I was walking down a road, now to tell you the truth, it was a golden road, almost exactly like the yellowbrick road only more narrow.
After a while I came to an old and boring looking grey building, which was lower down than the ground I stood on, thus allowing me to step on it.

When I did I walked about inspecting it, the first thing I noticed, was a dead bird.
It was a raven I beleive, but not dead in a way you would expect, as it was completely upright, but feel over when I tapped it with my foot.

Slightly unnerved by this, I walked on, only to discover a very young child, possibly a baby, running about the roof of this building.

Now this place while only high enough to break my legs if I fell, would surley kill this little kid if they where to stumble off.
So I ran over and grabbed the kid, and knowing the generally unstableness of anything in my own dreams I tried quickly to leave that place.
So by slowly moving down the building by jumping to lower ledges, I was finally close to the ground when an old man, on the ground below me, reached out his hands for the child.

I was a bit suspicous of this, so I asked him if the child was his, when he replied 'yes' in a weepy voice, I passed the child to him, and he seemed quite happy about this and ran off.

The rest of the dream is vague and meaningless.

SO!
Ten points to whoever works out the allegory.
Or at least how I see it.

Cabbo Pearimo

Local time
-->
Is it, the old man represents death, the boy represents life, and you represent the guy who kills the little boy?

Oh! I'm close!

Top Bottom