• OK, it's on.
  • Please note that many, many Email Addresses used for spam, are not accepted at registration. Select a respectable Free email.
  • Done now. Domine miserere nobis.

Diablo 4

sushi

Prolific Member
Local time
Today 4:58 AM
-->
what are your thoughts regarding it

Niclmaki

Disturber of the Peace
Local time
Today 12:58 AM
-->
It is going to come too late. Path of Exile 2 will gobble up any recurrent players it would have gotten. Path of Exile is everything D3 should have been. It has so much iteration and development already put into it, I have a hard time seeing how D4 can compete.

Blizzard made the same mistake with Heroes of the Storm. It was even better than League of Legends (LoL) in some ways (meta-reward structure, new maps/mechanics). A real shot-in-the-arm to a stale genre. Despite all their promoting, Blizzard still killed it because the player-base/money just wasn’t there. It did provide a lot of stuff for LoL/Riot to ‘steal’ though, so that’s nice.

So - in my crystal ball, I see Blizzard repeating what happened with Heroes of the Storm and Diablo 3. They’ll pump content / purchases into it for a couple years, then leave a skeleton crew to maintain it.

All that negativity aside, I am... hopeful for a fun 3-4 hour campaign and some dark atmospheric story-telling.

Kormak

The IT barbarian - eNTP - 6w7-4-8 so/sx
Local time
Today 6:58 AM
-->
what are your thoughts regarding it

PoE 2 seems better imo and its going to come sooner.

Knowing Blizzard its going to be yet another dumpster fire like their other games. The only thing blizzard does well nowadays is resurect old games that were good.

When a 15 year old game "Classic WoW" wins the PC game of the year award in 2019, you know the new shit they put out is crap. I played Diablo 3, it was crap, the new retail wow is feminsit crap, Overwatch has become crap as well.

I'm not touching Blizzard games anymore, they shat on Hong Kong for profit, shat on Diablo fans for profit in the mobile market and their CEO is a money grubbing goblin. Fuckem. The fact they get subsidised and don't pay taxes makes this shit worse. I ain't falling for Brack's shitty crocodile-teared "apology".

Jim Sterling was right, is right and continues to be right about everything he says regarding this shithole corporation:

Jennywocky

Tacky Flamingo
Local time
Today 12:58 AM
-->
Geez and I just played Diablo 3 for the first time this weekend.
I guess I missed the bus by at least five years or something.

(It's an amusing game to waste time on when I have nothing to do but otherwise just seems like Torchlight. Which I guess was made by former Diablo devs, so... yeah.)

somethingblue

somethinghollow
Local time
Today 5:58 AM
-->
It is going to come too late. Path of Exile 2 will gobble up any recurrent players it would have gotten. Path of Exile is everything D3 should have been. It has so much iteration and development already put into it, I have a hard time seeing how D4 can compete.

Yeah. PoE development cycle is something Blizzard cannot possibly come close to. Every three months a fresh economy, new content, developers interacting with community...
Plus PoE's the sole product of GGG. They put all their focus on it.
Dunno what will happen to Diablo 4 on consoles, but on PC it'll be an easy win for Poe.

No need to wait for PoE 2.

Top Bottom