• OK, it's on.
  • Please note that many, many Email Addresses used for spam, are not accepted at registration. Select a respectable Free email.
  • Done now. Domine miserere nobis.

Certain way to check if you are an INTP.

Yellow

for the glory of satan
Local time
Yesterday 8:56 PM
-->
how's the warranty on that gear?
The warranty is actually pretty flexible, it would leave you quite speechless to read over everything. It includes a number of binds you might find yourself in with the various bits and pieces involved. For example, anything that might occur in sub-O conditions is fully covered.

The only complaint an adventurous couple might have, is that if the equipment switches hands, or falls under the control of someone under than the original owner, the warranty becomes void. But all things considered, it chokes out the warranties you'd find in traditional stores.

Jennywocky

Tacky Flamingo
Local time
Yesterday 10:56 PM
-->
The warranty is actually pretty flexible, it would leave you quite speechless to read over everything. It includes a number of binds you might find yourself in with the various bits and pieces involved. For example, anything that might occur in sub-O conditions is fully covered.

The only complaint an adventurous couple might have, is that if the equipment switches hands, or falls under the control of someone under than the original owner, the warranty becomes void. But all things considered, it chokes out the warranties you'd find in traditional stores.

That sounds like the safe word on the product, and rather upbeat as well -- especially when it's spanking new. I've heard it said that, if you don't have a ball, gag it. It's better than chaining your success to a silent partner on the ropes, slaving away leather or not it dominates.

Yellow

for the glory of satan
Local time
-->
Congrats, Gopher! I think you're his first N.

Jennywocky

Tacky Flamingo
Local time
Yesterday 10:56 PM
-->
Your avatar reminds me a lot of this ISFP....

Who gives a shit? Did ETJ school let out early today?

(And what avatar am I using? I don't even have them turned on...)

Black Rose

An unbreakable bond
Local time
-->
@Massiv0r

Comparing those supposed ISFP videos to the videos on my channel of me I do not seem as melancholy. Usually I am very terse. I like those raptors as your avatar btw. When you avatar was your selfie this made me think you are like 24 years old. You also looked like a punk rocker.

Black Rose

An unbreakable bond
Local time
-->
I think you removed your comment from my video.
Do you no longer think I am ENFJ?
Do you like working out. :)

massive_zpsy9w4mckj.png

Grayman

Soul Shade
Local time
Yesterday 7:56 PM
-->
Who gives a shit? Did ETJ school let out early today?

(And what avatar am I using? I don't even have them turned on...)

Are you irritated because your avatar finally came out the closet?

Massiv0r

Banned
Local time
Today 5:56 AM
-->
People often ask, why can't my top two functions both be introverted (or extroverted)? The answer is that they can, but that this invariably causes personality imbalance/disorders, and if this is the case for you, you may not be the type you think you are.

Lately I've been noticing that a lot of typological mistakes and misreads are the result of a couple of incorrect assumptions about functional structure. I'd like to dedicate this article to describing the phenomenon known as Dominant-Tertiary Loops, where the natural secondary function is suppressed, poorly developed or otherwise not valued as highly by the individual's ego as the tertiary function.

First let's remember that the standard function arrangements of the 16 types merely represent the ideal balances for each of sixteen different ways to conceptualize ourselves and reality. In reality, they don't always show up in exactly that order of emphasis. Let's look at an example:

To start with I'll use my own type, ENTP. Here's our functional breakdown:
Dominant Ne
Secondary Ti
Tertiary Fe
Inferior Si

But what happens if Ti is poorly developed? This most commonly happens because the tertiary function's common directional orientation with the dominant can make it seem more comfortable than the secondary! Our perception (obviously) relies on Ne, but with Ti not doing its job, we're forced to relinquish judgment to the tertiary (and less able) Fe.

We end up with Ne+Fe as the most dominant attitudes. If you don't see why this is a problem, consider the significance of intro/extroversion:

Extroverted attitudes attempt to make the inner self more like the outer world's objective ideal.
Introverted attitudes attempt to make the outer world more like the inner self's subjective ideal.
A balanced psyche requires significant influence from both internal and external stimuli--too much introversion and we retreat entirely into ourselves and ignore all outer world influence to an unhealthy degree; too much extroversion and we are not able to remain in touch with what is important to our subjective internal selves, and become far too dependent upon external conditions and attitudes of others.

All too commonly I see people make the mistake of assuming that using T more than F automatically makes an xxTx type. In a healthy, balanced individual that's true, but when an ego becomes more dependent on the tertiary than the secondary, that's no longer the case.

For instance, I once mistook an INFJ for INTJ because he had poor secondary Fe and relied primarily on Ni+Ti. At the time I used only MBTI sliding scales and didn't know functions yet, so since I saw primarily N and T I figured he would be an NT type. To the casual observer he would appear to be using N over S, and T over F, so he must be an NT type, right? Wrong! He is not an NT type unless his iNtuition and Thinking are oriented in opposite directions.

One really interesting result of this confusion is that each dom-tert loop type starts to look very similar to the dom-tert loop form of the type sharing only its first letter! For example:

INTJ: Ni (Te) Fi Se

ISFP: Fi (Se) Ni Te

This is exactly why many unbalanced personalities have difficulty fitting themselves into a single Jungian archetype. Unsurprisingly, if the INTJ above would improve his Te, and the ISFP would improve his Se, each would balance out the monopoly introverted attitudes currently have on his perspective and lead himself to much greater personal balance and contentment.

For example: A certain user on typologycentral agonized over her type for months, creating numerous long threads and repeatedly changing her mind. My initial impression was ENFP, which I shared but which she promptly rejected. After reading about function attitudes she described Te and Ne as her most prominent functions--at this point I changed my guess to ESTJ, which may seem like a bizarre jump if you don't understand dom/tert loop functions, but it's really not:

ENFP: Ne (Fi) Te Si

ESTJ: Te (Si) Ne Fi

So if you pick up mainly Ne and Te in someone, don't presume that he's an NT type--in fact, he's probably not. Depending on which is dominant, he is most likely either ENFP (Ne+Te with poor Fi) or ESTJ (Te+Ne with poor Si).

Ironically, this user's primary personality imbalance was poorly developed secondary Fi--it turned out she actually was an ENFP providing a perfect example of over-dependence on extroverted attitudes. She reported placing far too much emphasis on the approval of others and couldn't introspect enough to figure out which type was really her. Without a strong introverted function she was left a poor sense of individual self, and showed it through her dependence on the opinions of others to determine her type. She was looking everywhere but the right place--inside.

So how does this over-dependence on introversion (or extroversion) manifest itself in each type? I believe this phenomenon is responsible for (or at least involved with) a lot of common personality disorders:

ENTP/ESFJ: Ne/Fe or Fe/Ne--Narcissistic Personality Disorder. This type often behaves impulsively and manipulatively, needing constant approval and admiration from others, running around investing in new thing after new thing but never developing the self-confidence of a strong subjective perspective. Fe used negatively may use its awareness of the cultural standards of others to intentionally offend or upset them, in order to service Ne's curiosity about the patterns in their responses. If Ti/Si were working properly, it would give the user a balancing sense of personal, subjective importance and free him of his dependence upon the adulation and unconditional acceptance of others. (Horrible example: Patrick Bateman from American Psycho.)

INTP/ISFJ: Ti/Si or Si/Ti--Schizotypal Personality Disorder. I see this most commonly in INTP dom/tert loops (Ti+Si), resulting in totally giving up on attempting to obtain the social/interpersonal connections that inferior Fe drives them to unconsciously desire. Schizotypal people are seen (and typically see themselves) as having such unusual thoughts and behaviors that widespread social acceptance is nearly impossible. Ti thinks, "I cannot find any logical explanation for social rituals" and Si reinforces this self-isolating, risk-averse behavior by constantly reminding the user: "Remember how badly this went last time you tried?" If Ne were doing its job, it would remind the user to continue experimenting to find a new approach. In the ISFJ version, Si becomes ultra risk-averse and refuses to try anything new or unfamiliar. If Fe were doing its job, the ISFJ would learn that some risk is necessary in order to uphold obligations to others and avoid living in total solitude. Deep down, these types really do want social connection and ritual (Fe), but have found themselves so poor at it that they simply give up trying.

ESTP/ENFJ: Se/Fe or Fe/Se--Histrionic Personality Disorder. This tends to manifest itself in terms of exaggerated, aggressive sexual behavior and physical impulsiveness. Since reflecting the outer world is the only thing that matters, whatever will shock, impress, or otherwise affect others enough to include the user in their social rituals is what has to be done. Real empathy is rare as this type requires constant thrills or conflict--in the ENFJ version, this often results in excessive sensitivity to perceived "rudeness" or failure to respect the user's preferred cultural custom (Fe), combined with tertiary Se responding aggressively through implied threats of brute force. (e.g., Vito Corleone: "I'll make him an offer he can't refuse"--gives a surface appearance of respecting the cultural standards of negotiation, but implies that refusal to accept this "offer" would be quite unpleasant for the recipient!) If Ti/Ni were doing its job, the user would find a sense of balance and comfortability with himself, granting him the ability to discover what is subjectively important to him, rather than constantly shifting with the tide of cultural and social trends.

ISTP/INFJ: Ti/Ni or Ni/Ti--Schizoid Personality Disorder. These types are socially incompetent for lack of trying, because they see little to no value in significant interaction with others. They live in their own abstract worlds, constantly second-guessing themselves as Ti poses a framework for a problem and Ni shoots it down as too definitionally precise. Without any real external input, these two functions will dream up all sorts of elaborate systems and implications for them, only to repeat their own self-defeating behavior, never bothering to emphasize putting any of its intense ideas into practice. Frequent disregard for rules, laws and other forms of behavioral standards is common, as no function provides any significant sense of external influence. If Se/Fe were doing its job, the user would recognize the value of connecting with others and of paying attention to their needs, preferences, habits and appearances.

ESFP/ENTJ: Se/Te or Te/Se--Obsessive-Compulsive Personality Disorder (not the same thing as OCD)! I've seen people mistake ESFPs in Se+Te dom-tert loops for ESTPs because they can be so insistent upon controlling their surroundings. These types epitomize enneagram type 8, as they are aggressive, blunt, confrontational and not the least bit afraid of hurting anyone's feelings. Inside they require the approval of others to a much higher degree than they let on, as Te insists on controlling and organizing external surroundings to ridiculous proportions, while Se pushes any naysayers out of the way with aggressive force and a take-no-prisoners attitude. Territorial and looking for any reason to display their power, these types are some of the most difficult to deal with of all dom-tert loops. If Fi/Ni were doing its job, these types would stop to consider that their actions have negative implications for others, and that aggressively taking charge is not always the best solution in every situation.

ISFP/INTJ: Fi/Ni or Ni/Fi--Paranoid Personality Disorder. These types are your typical conspiracy theorists; they cling deeply to their personal values and can find a conspiracy to assault or attack those values everywhere they look. Chronically distrustful of others' intentions for no legitimate reason, these types are certain they are the only ones who really know "the truth." The inferior function, Te or Se, can sometimes lead to an unconscious desire to attract the attention of or lead/organize others in efforts to expose the nefarious conspiracies they invariably see everywhere. If Te/Se were doing its job, these types would be able to look around them and observe empirical evidence that most of their theories are probably not reflected in reality, but as they rely almost entirely on internal validation, Ni will go to any lengths to justify Fi's emotion-based suspicions. (I mentioned Dale Gribble from King of the Hill in a previous article--he's a perfect example.) There's also this guy Victor on typologycentral who's such a perfect example of this it's absolutely ridiculous. ;)

ENFP/ESTJ: Ne/Te or Te/Ne--Borderline Personality Disorder. The ENFP I described above may have been one of these types. They simultaneously desire to control and dazzle others with their extraordinary leadership and grandiose performances. For the ENFP, this tends to take the form of insisting on consistent, scheduled attention from others for his/her artistic or creative gifts, while for the ESTJ it tends to manifest itself in terms of indignation when others refuse to follow every detail of the user's "visionary" leadership style. This combination, ironically, makes the user extremely dependent upon others for meaning, never really finding a sense of internal balance, no matter how hard he works to create and delegate. While Te leads these types to desire structure and discipline, Ne continually contradicts it by insisting on impulsive displays of creative freedom. Often self-denigrating over the inability to control Ne's impulsive explorations, Te will go to any lengths to keep the user in a position of power and influence, where others must defer to his authority. If Fi/Si were doing its job, these types would recognize that what they're looking for cannot be found outside themselves--they must learn to sometimes live for themselves and only themselves, and forget about external results for a moment.

INFP/ISTJ: Fi/Si or Si/Fi--Avoidant Personality Disorder. Often scarred by some intensely negative past experience with opening up too many of their private emotions, this type compulsively avoids social situations and interaction with others. They are fiercely sensitive and may exaggerate or misconstrue perceived negative emotional intent in the words or actions of others. They will sometimes project their negative feelings onto others (Fi), as Si tells them that if I were to behave this way, I would have to be very upset, so anyone who behaves that way must also be. These types often have a chronic problem with trusting the intentions or motivations of others, refusing to share private information with even their closest friends and family. They are so deeply sensitive that they refuse to risk being hurt by attempting deep connections with others--you'll see this a lot in ISTJs with Asperger's. If Ne/Te were doing its job, these types would maintain a heathy grip on the importance of letting go of the past and trying something new in the name of accomplishing a greater goal, but some of these remain total recluses for most (if not all) of their lives.

Original post by simulatedworld

Massiv0r

Banned
Local time
-->
You nailed it.
I am INFP :D
Just look at my post history and signature.

https://youtu.be/jBu5M0gXGos
Maybe ISTJ ?

14-zodiac-killer.w1200.h630.jpg

As an ISTJ, your primary mode of living is focused internally, where you take things in via your five senses in a literal, concrete fashion. Your secondary mode is external, where you deal with things rationally and logically.

ISTJs are quiet and reserved individuals who are interested in security and peaceful living. They have a strongly-felt internal sense of duty, which lends them a serious air and the motivation to follow through on tasks. Organized and methodical in their approach, they can generally succeed at any task which they undertake.

ISTJs are very loyal, faithful, and dependable. They place great importance on honesty and integrity. They are "good citizens" who can be depended on to do the right thing for their families and communities. While they generally take things very seriously, they also usually have an offbeat sense of humor and can be a lot of fun - especially at family or work-related gatherings.

ISTJs tend to believe in laws and traditions, and expect the same from others. They're not comfortable with breaking laws or going against the rules. If they are able to see a good reason for stepping outside of the established mode of doing things, the ISTJ will support that effort. However, ISTJs more often tend to believe that things should be done according to procedures and plans. If an ISTJ has not developed their Intuitive side sufficiently, they may become overly obsessed with structure, and insist on doing everything "by the book".

The ISTJ is extremely dependable on following through with things which he or she has promised. For this reason, they sometimes get more and more work piled on them. Because the ISTJ has such a strong sense of duty, they may have a difficult time saying "no" when they are given more work than they can reasonably handle. For this reason, the ISTJ often works long hours, and may be unwittingly taken advantage of.

The ISTJ will work for long periods of time and put tremendous amounts of energy into doing any task which they see as important to fulfilling a goal. However, they will resist putting energy into things which don't make sense to them, or for which they can't see a practical application. They prefer to work alone, but work well in teams when the situation demands it. They like to be accountable for their actions, and enjoy being in positions of authority. The ISTJ has little use for theory or abstract thinking, unless the practical application is clear.

ISTJs have tremendous respect for facts. They hold a tremendous store of facts within themselves, which they have gathered through their Sensing preference. They may have difficulty understanding a theory or idea which is different from their own perspective. However, if they are shown the importance or relevance of the idea to someone who they respect or care about, the idea becomes a fact, which the ISTJ will internalize and support. Once the ISTJ supports a cause or idea, he or she will stop at no lengths to ensure that they are doing their duty of giving support where support is needed.

The ISTJ is not naturally in tune with their own feelings and the feelings of others. They may have difficulty picking up on emotional needs immediately, as they are presented. Being perfectionists themselves, they have a tendency to take other people's efforts for granted, like they take their own efforts for granted. They need to remember to pat people on the back once in a while.

ISTJs are likely to be uncomfortable expressing affection and emotion to others. However, their strong sense of duty and the ability to see what needs to be done in any situation usually allows them to overcome their natural reservations, and they are usually quite supporting and caring individuals with the people that they love. Once the ISTJ realizes the emotional needs of those who are close to them, they put forth effort to meet those needs.

The ISTJ is extremely faithful and loyal. Traditional and family-minded, they will put forth great amounts of effort at making their homes and families running smoothly. They are responsible parents, taking their parenting roles seriously. They are usually good and generous providers to their families. They care deeply about those close to them, although they usually are not comfortable with expressing their love. The ISTJ is likely to express their affection through actions, rather than through words.

ISTJs have an excellent ability to take any task and define it, organize it, plan it, and implement it through to completion. They are very hard workers, who do not allow obstacles to get in the way of performing their duties. They do not usually give themselves enough credit for their achievements, seeing their accomplishments simply as the natural fulfillment of their obligations.

ISTJs usually have a great sense of space and function, and artistic appreciation. Their homes are likely to be tastefully furnished and immaculately maintained. They are acutely aware of their senses, and want to be in surroundings which fit their need for structure, order, and beauty.

Under stress, ISTJs may fall into "catastrophe mode", where they see nothing but all of the possibilities of what could go wrong. They will berate themselves for things which they should have done differently, or duties which they failed to perform. They will lose their ability to see things calmly and reasonably, and will depress themselves with their visions of doom.

In general, the ISTJ has a tremendous amount of potential. Capable, logical, reasonable, and effective individuals with a deeply driven desire to promote security and peaceful living, the ISTJ has what it takes to be highly effective at achieving their chosen goals - whatever they may be.

Black Rose

An unbreakable bond
Local time
-->
I once saw an episode of Sailor Moon where 3 animals were turned into humans by the witch. The fish was female and she tried to steal the dreams of of people for the witch so that she could find the pegasus but the sailor scouts always stop her and the other two animal people. When fish was outside in the rain and she was lost inside because she loved the other two people who were once animals like her and she was worried that when she was no longer useful to the witch she would be turned back into a fish she would not remember them. Reni who was minimoon found her and took her inside her house out of the rain. Reni told fish that her dream was to make the dreams of others to come true. When she was changing close she saw Reni talking to the pegasus. She realised that it was her dream to be with her two friends forever. She then convinced her two friend to not follow the witch's evil plans anymore. The witch turned them back into animals but at the end it showed all three of them together and that they remembered being human and that they were still friends. I remember seeing this when I was 12 on toonami on cartoon network. So many times I remember stories like this. Stories that make me cry like right now.

Black Rose

An unbreakable bond
Local time
-->

I feel better now.

Can you change the lighting on your drawing, it's hard to see.

I don't want to be ISTJ.
I'd rather be INFP.

So I gave evidence to the existing data set.
I am weird but not A sociopath.
If each type represents a mental illness that is not what I have.
He just thinks I am ISTJ because of my glasses.
Kurt Godel looks like me and also that drawing and the person in the photo he posted.
But really I love my little ponies not math.

I knew about Google and Microsoft spying since 2011 but overestimated their A.I. program. The NSA spies on me and I wish they would make contact already. It freaks me out that they know stuff about me and that their simulations predict what I do. I have thoughts I do not want them to know about but in a few years the simulations will be at a high enough resolution to read my thoughts. Mostly I don't want them picking on me by them sharing them with mean people. People are too Judgmental and won't understand. I only think bad thoughts because they were put there by cultural conditioning. Its why I have problems telling people my fears. They will say I am bad for being afraid. Afraid of breaking my conscience. The government needs to stop lying to us. They are not God but they will soon know everything. I don't want them to be mean to people. You could say that the CIA act like sociopaths. They only care about psychological warfare. Patriotism is a cover. Total information awareness should only be used by ethical moral good people. Not people like Hoover who assassinated Martin Luther King Jr. as FBI director. People like him still exist in the intelligence agencies because they still believe in the rules of psych warfare, Ends justify the means. They told him (King) to kill himself. How mean.

Not realy sad or paranoid.
Just a random tangent.
I am on SSDI for a reason.
I take shots for a reason.

The doctors see weird signals from me so I do not say what I want to say but what is friendly and kind. I told them I played the gameboy for 12 hours and heard the music for 15 minute afterward when I was 15, so they think I am schizophrenic.

Massiv0r

Banned
Local time
-->
I feel better now.

Can you change the lighting on your drawing, it's hard to see.

I don't want to be ISTJ.
I'd rather be INFP.

So I gave evidence to the existing data set.
I am weird but not A sociopath.
If each type represents a mental illness that is not what I have.
He just thinks I am ISTJ because of my glasses.
Kurt Godel looks like me and also that drawing and the person in the photo he posted.
But really I love my little ponies not math.

I knew about Google and Microsoft spying since 2011 but overestimated their A.I. program. The NSA spies on me and I wish they would make contact already. It freaks me out that they know stuff about me and that their simulations predict what I do. I have thoughts I do not want them to know about but in a few years the simulations will be at a high enough resolution to read my thoughts. Mostly I don't want them picking on me by them sharing them with mean people. People are too Judgmental and won't understand. I only think bad thoughts because they were put there by cultural conditioning. Its why I have problems telling people my fears. They will say I am bad for being afraid. Afraid of breaking my conscience. The government needs to stop lying to us. They are not God but they will soon know everything. I don't want them to be mean to people. You could say that the CIA act like sociopaths. They only care about psychological warfare. Patriotism is a cover. Total information awareness should only be used by ethical moral good people. Not people like Hoover who assassinated Martin Luther King Jr. as FBI director. People like him still exist in the intelligence agencies because they still believe in the rules of psych warfare, Ends justify the means. They told him (King) to kill himself. How mean.

Not realy sad or paranoid.
Just a random tangent.
I am on SSDI for a reason.
I take shots for a reason.

The doctors see weird signals from me so I do not say what I want to say but what is friendly and kind. I told them I played the gameboy for 12 hours and heard the music for 15 minute afterward when I was 15, so they think I am schizophrenic.

Borderline Personality, the reason that i see clearly you are an ISTJ now is your eyes they scream PTSD.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=96LFBTpXWOw
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qFKOT4N5yEQ
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mSxS2wSjfE0
ISTJs

Top Bottom