• OK, it's on.
  • Please note that many, many Email Addresses used for spam, are not accepted at registration. Select a respectable Free email.
  • Done now. Domine miserere nobis.

C# Recommended Books

Yodon

Local time
Today 11:24 AM
-->
I have decided as a side project to teach myself c# as a first programming language, does anyone have any reccomendations for good books i can read, i have looked online but the amount of tutorials and bloated information is completly overwhelming,

i tend to be a very practical learner i learn from doing , i thik i would need a consise kind of "do this" book that then tells me why im doing somthing and what it does while im building a program.

thanks

mfratt

Local time
Today 6:24 AM
-->
I just wrote a bass groove in C#m...

But yeaaaa programming isn't my gig, but the "For Dummies" books are usually a good starting place if you don't know what to get.

keanne32

Redshirt
Local time
Today 11:24 AM
-->
I started out with C, then moved on over to Java, Ruby and C++ for object-oriented programming. I haven't had the chance to develop with C#, but I don't think it ranks top of the list for first programming languages. It was a breeze learning C and Ruby (I'm quite new to C++, and I don't like Java). I would recommend you try learning C++, though. It has the pleasures of being resemblant to C with the object-oriented nature to boot.

As for reading materials, I can't give anything for you in particular. But definitely, Google will have answers for you. :D

Felan

Prolific Member
Local time
Today 5:24 AM
-->
Having programmed for 30 years, 10 of those years professionally and knowing C++ and C# very well, I would say learning C# is a better choice than C++ for a first language. If programming is a serious interest for you than learning C++ after getting comfortable with a language like C# is an excellent idea.

C++ has a lot of unintuitive gotcha's and it is quite a bit more complicated to use, mostly because you have manage memory manually.

As to the beginners book I would suggest looking at the reviews on amazon. They didn't have C# books when I learned it so I never read any. If you want some great not really beginner books I can offer some solid suggestions there.

Top Bottom