• OK, it's on.
  • Please note that many, many Email Addresses used for spam, are not accepted at registration. Select a respectable Free email.
  • Done now. Domine miserere nobis.

Bronto's ban

Status
Not open for further replies.

redbaron

irony based lifeform
Local time
Today 10:16 AM
-->
Bans follow more of a pattern of which mod is annoyed at what member than any kind of coherent reasoning. Not that a case can't be made for banning Bronto, but you could make the same case for multiple members - only they're smarmy and it lets them get away with stuff that a less tactful person doesn't.

Shit poster + smarmy = not banned.
Shit poster + strsightforward = banned.

Only thing that confuses me is that I think Bronto's overall influence on the forum is less of a negative than a bunch of others, but we ban Bronto and keep them. Not sure what kind of forum keeps around **REDACTED** and bans Bronto but hey, it is what it is. I don't really care anymore, I gave up on mods having coherent decision-making ages ago.

Cheeseumpuffs

Proudly A Sheeple Since 2015
Local time
Yesterday 5:16 PM
-->
Not sure what kind of forum keeps around **REDACTED** and bans Bronto but hey, it is what it is.

The redacted name is me, isn't it? *sniff*
*cries*
:mad:
:D

I don't really care anymore, I gave up on mods having coherent decision-making ages ago.

Yeah, this is my thinking. Even if I personally disagree with bronto's banishment it's not like my disagreement makes a difference. This forum is the mod's territory and they get to do what they want. Ever since I first joined (before that, even), the phrase "this forum is not a democracy" has been in constant use. It's just the way the forum is.

Robot Master

Banned
Local time
Today 1:16 AM
-->
It has been made quite clear that the mods are indeed power tripping, not acting in userbase interest.

:)

Minuend

pat pat
Local time
Today 2:16 AM
-->
Some are saying there were posts that were deleted. If so, that might explain it

Sinny91

Banned
Local time
-->
Bronto was an ugly trollish dick.

Doesn't that explain it?

Am I the only person who hasn't seen these ever elusive "quality" posts?

The Gopher

President
Local time
-->
Ahh well obviously his posts have lowered in quality as he's suffered under mod oppression for years.

He just snapped. He couldn't take it anymore. He had to lash out and call Architect a idiot. RIP Harambe, RIP Bronto.

Edit: future RIP Sinny for insulting Bronto and future RIP Redbaron for implying someone sucks and future RIP Gopher for being the person that sucks.

Rook

enter text
Local time
Today 3:16 AM
-->
Boring humans.
Slowly smothering this place by worshipping the riffraff and the pedants.

With the near total lack of new fools who join the forum the bronto ban is just another corpse floating down this river of prophesied annihilation.

Pyropyro

Magos Biologis
Local time
Today 8:16 AM
-->

Doesn't that explain it?

Am I the only person who hasn't seen these ever elusive "quality" posts?

Based on a short pass of Bronto's threads, there are quite interesting threads around the 2012-2014 period.

I'm not sure if mod oppression, as The Gopher states, is the cause of the loss of quality of Bronto's posts. However, the user did have some issues with mods and banning courtesy of THD (who was also subsequently banned) back in 2013.

Sinny91

Banned
Local time
-->
Looks like THD had the right idea, unbeknownst.

The Gopher

President
Local time
-->
I would like to point out that pretty much everything I state is for humor and enjoyment. While there may be truth in comedy it relies on specific frames which may not state the full and complete picture. Take everything I say with salt.

~Fukyo.

:D

Architect

Professional INTP
Local time
Yesterday 6:16 PM
-->
... You do realise what I was saying was a joke right?

Wasn't sure, maybe I'm just bad at disambiguating ironic humor versus sarcastic commentary in internet posts, not that I was especially bothered either way. To be fair the two are so mixed up in threads how's one to know?

Also personally I woudn't do any locking or shutting down of conversation yet.

Just a thought.

Jennywocky

Tacky Flamingo
Local time
Yesterday 8:16 PM
-->
yeah, cuz we all know what happens then.

[bimgx=450]http://vignette2.wikia.nocookie.net/killbill/images/2/2b/ElleAndPai.jpg[/bimgx]

Ex-User (9086)

Prolific Member
Local time
-->
No, he wasn't, he was an angry insecure male who hasn't yet found his place in the world and didn't control his ego.

I can understand calling him a dick or a troll from your perspective, but I doubt there was much purpose or long term malice behind his actions, both positive and negative, it was all pretty much heartfelt and knee-jerk sincere.

I have a feeling I would have a much more positive impression of bronto if we met irl. Participation on this forum often has a way of taking worldviews and stances to the most dramatic and idiotic extremes.

Robot Master

Banned
Local time
-->
No, he wasn't, he was an angry insecure male who hasn't yet found his place in the world and didn't control his ego.

I can understand calling him a dick or a troll from your perspective, but I doubt there was much purpose behind his actions, both positive and negative, it was all pretty much heartfelt and knee-jerk sincere.

You may want to notice you're being ridiculous.

Ex-User (9086)

Prolific Member
Local time
-->
You may want to notice you're being ridiculous.
Maybe. I don't care. Feel free to ignore, laugh to your hearts content or elaborate and deconstruct what I said if it ruffles your feathers. I may or may not respond.

For whom it may concern:
I'm not speaking as an admin here as I resigned from that position before Bronto was banned.

Robot Master

Banned
Local time
-->
Maybe. I don't care. Feel free to ignore or elaborate and deconstruct what I said if it ruffles your feathers. I may or may not respond.

I was simply blunt toward someone arrogantly offering moralistic rookie prejudice as wisdom. I even demonstrated his errors shortly after. All the rest is fairy tale assumptions, exposing no ego but your own.

"Angry insecure male" fucking creative man! Large!

Ex-User (9086)

Prolific Member
Local time
-->
I was simply blunt toward someone arrogantly offering moralistic rookie prejudice as wisdom. I even demonstrated his errors shortly after. All the rest is fairy tale assumptions, exposing no ego but your own.

"Angry insecure male" fucking creative man! Large!
Okay, I have an idea about what you might be trying to do here.

Do go on, your insight is invaluable I assure you.

You didn't demonstrate any errors, you said I was being ridiculous, which is a criticism but not an explanation.

I'm not offering any wisdom here. I simply shared how Bronto usually felt to me when taken as a whole.

Robot Master

Banned
Local time
-->
Okay, I have an idea about what you might be trying to do here.

Do go on, your insight is invaluable I assure you.

You didn't demonstrate any errors, you said I was being ridiculous, which is a criticism but not an explanation.

I'm not offering any wisdom here. I simply shared how Bronto usually felt to me when taken as a whole.

I did demonstrate the errors in Architect's "reasoning" shortly after correctly calling him a clueless fool. That's what we're discussing, isn't it?

I simply shared how Architect actually was behaving. Like a clueless fool. Clueless fool, angry insecure male. Hardly any difference in severity. Why don't you ban yourself?

I am Bronto. Thought that was clear. I'd like you to not repeat your erroneous and hysterical ban because this nick is perfect. Thanks in advance.

Ex-User (9086)

Prolific Member
Local time
-->
I did demonstrate the errors in Architect's "reasoning" shortly after correctly calling him a clueless fool. That's what we're discussing, isn't it?

I simply shared how Architect actually was behaving. Like a clueless fool. Clueless fool, angry insecure male. Hardly any difference in severity. Why don't you ban yourself?

I am Bronto. Thought that was clear. I'd like you to not repeat your erroneous and hysterical ban because this nick is perfect. Thanks in advance.
No. I only addressed Sinny. I didn't read any of your posts and any of the Bronto's posts from the last 2 days. I wasn't aware you were Bronto's dupe until your last post. I didn't read this thread and I didn't read Bronto's (yours) altercation with Architect. I wasn't an admin by then and I didn't participate in the decision to ban you (I'm not an admin anymore, stop the hate please).

So, uhm, hey Bronto I can't reban you either so we can have a nice talk until another admin shows up :p.

Btw, your reaction to what I said basically proves my point. I like you personally and I find it cute. Have a good day/life man.
Bans follow more of a pattern of which mod is annoyed at what member than any kind of coherent reasoning. Not that a case can't be made for banning Bronto, but you could make the same case for multiple members - only they're smarmy and it lets them get away with stuff that a less tactful person doesn't.

Shit poster + smarmy = not banned.
Shit poster + strsightforward = banned.

Only thing that confuses me is that I think Bronto's overall influence on the forum is less of a negative than a bunch of others, but we ban Bronto and keep them. Not sure what kind of forum keeps around **REDACTED** and bans Bronto but hey, it is what it is. I don't really care anymore, I gave up on mods having coherent decision-making ages ago.
So after all you've said you choose to be a self-described smarmy poster and use passive agression by avoiding to call names? Why don't you say it's about Sinny or whoever else you are alluding to? Pretty sure it's Sinny though.

Black Rose

An unbreakable bond
Local time
-->
Blar is no longer an admin!!!
chatbox must know of this usurpation of authority and power.

Robot Master

Banned
Local time
-->

Then he should be banned because an overall judgment of "angry insecure male" is clearly worse than a situational judgment of "clueless fool".

Or better yet, mod team should retract my ridiculous and absurd ban. Then stop being ridiculous oversensitive little wimps about fucking etiquette. This kind of moderation is clearly not requested by the userbase. Thus analytically follows that it constitutes power-tripping.

Rook

enter text
Local time
Today 3:16 AM
-->
Ooooh, can we keep this one? Pleeeassse can we keep and feed and pet it?

10-Lies-Bosses-Tell-Were-One-Big-Happy-Family.jpg

Jennywocky

Tacky Flamingo
Local time
-->
/vote Rook

Only a scum would drag Barney into this.

The Gopher

President
Local time
-->
So after all you've said you choose to be a self-described smarmy poster and use passive agression by avoiding to call names? Why don't you say it's about Sinny or whoever else you are alluding to? Pretty sure it's Sinny though.

Yeah? If we're offering opinions on who he was thinking of I can only come up with Architect and Sinny. Maybe myself, I only think myself because I've been described as that in the past otherwise my ego would assume it couldn't possibly be me so I'm overcompensating.

The irony wasn't lost on me but I've recently learned about the Reaction formation and discovered why I hate INFJ's so much.

Grayman

Soul Shade
Local time
-->
There are certain individuals who push the rules and take advantage of the moderators long leash. This is unfortunate for those who are very respectful of such social structures. Furthermore, new people are given a shorter leash. Overall this looks as if there is favoritism.

Although, RB being a mod and Bronto getting the boot seems like favoritism but the truth is that RB is just better at playing the social politics.

Sinny91

Banned
Local time
-->

The Gopher

President
Local time
-->
Ergo ; trollish, ugly, dick.

I thought we're allowed to shit talk about none members? ;)

But Sinny! If we talk shit about non members we are playing into the hands of the oppressors! Re-enforcing the belief that we should all be sheep and get along and let the government destroy our lives.

(I would like to remind people who don't know me there's nobody on the mod team I dislike much the opposite in fact it's just funnier this way. That doesn't mean I can't argue with how people mod though.)

Sinny91

Banned
Local time
-->
But Sinny! If we talk shit about non members we are playing into the hands of the oppressors! Re-enforcing the belief that we should all be sheep and get along and let the government destroy our lives.

(I would like to remind people who don't know me there's nobody on the mod team I dislike much the opposite in fact it's just funnier this way. That doesn't mean I can't argue with how people mod though.)

Why do you keep justifying yourself?

Sinny91

Banned
Local time
-->
so..."all males = dicks": fine

but..."a clueless old fool = a clueless old fool": permaban

you know ergo means therefore, right?

Keep poking me PNB, I'll poke back when it pleases me.

Black Rose

An unbreakable bond
Local time
-->
I've recently learned about the Reaction formation and discovered why I hate INFJ's so much.

Tell us more of this new MBTI realization you have had, I'm still learning.

Local time
-->
Im confused... ??? Isn't poking the primary function of a dick?

so sorry, i obviously poked you too hard and broke your hymen when you were trying to be the biggest dick *earlier*

the soreness will soon pass, don't worry

The Gopher

President
Local time
-->
Why do you keep justifying yourself?

Because I'm constantly misunderstood. Oh the calamity! *sob* Since I have a very fine personality people take me the wrong way, this creates problems so I generally work hard to make sure they don't. I have no problems with people taking me the right way and thinking I'm a jerk just don't like people taking me the wrong way and thinking that. I pretend it's not my fault I'm hard to understand I obviously just require people to have a high level of social intelligence to get it right.

(For instance right here I'm wondering if people would take that as the appropriate sarcasm while still noticing the point hence the over dramatization to start so people don't take it too seriously followed up by this in brackets just to be sure since I went in to explaining style while still being silly.)

Tell us more of this new MBTI realization you have had, I'm still learning.

Well it's not so much a realization but the joke is I hate INFJ's because of my own fears of being like them. Now I'm not actually an INFJ but if enough people call me manipulative then it forces me to be overly vocal about not being manipulative and a by-product of that would the INFJ hate. Now that joke was required to set up the RB being smarmy joke by also being an untruth that also may or may not hold a small amount of truth.

To be serious for a moment reaction formation is what happens when you see the most vocal people against gay people later get caught having sex with men. (or for the females women) The implication of said joke was I'm trashing manipulative people (see I did it again, just straight up implying INFJ's are manipulative) and RB is trashing swarmy people so obviously I'm manipulative and he's swarmy and it's all a cover.

Now by this logic Sinny is part of the Illuminati and Grayman is really a mod. In other words reaction formation is simply a possibility and I'm also making fun of the forum's and my own propensity to psychoanalyze.

Deleted member 1424

I think I sense a kernel of genuine insecurity in your post Gopher. Don't worry. Your predilection for overthinking puts you squarely in the nt category. :rolleyes:

Grayman

Soul Shade
Local time
-->
so sorry, i obviously poked you too hard and broke your hymen when you were trying to be the biggest dick *earlier*

the soreness will soon pass, don't worry

Oh, I didn't notice. Maybe you were a little limp with your presentation?

The Gopher

President
Local time
-->
Oh no! I was just settling on INFP again as well.

Ex-User (9086)

Prolific Member
Local time
-->
I apologise to all the members of the chatbox minority. I can no longer continue to represent your interests. Despair not. It was by no covert plot, I merely wish to distance myself from this place.

Let's end on this optimistic tone:
Verily I say unto you, the era of the sword and axe is nigh, the era of the wolf's blizzard. The Time of the White Chill and the White Light is nigh, the Time of Madness and the Time of Contempt: Tedd Deireádh, the Time of End. The world will die amidst frost and be reborn with the new sun. It will be reborn of Elder Blood, of Hen Ichaer, of the seed that has been sown. A seed which will not sprout but burst into flame.

I'm not one to tell you what you should do. In my eyes this isn't classy and in my opinion is a very jerky move to speak badly of past members who didn't earn their ban to deserve such admonishment.

I know you hated him, he hated you, that's sort of the gist, what's the point of attacking his person is beyond me. Do you seek to convince everyone he's worthless and negative?
Although, RB being a mod and Bronto getting the boot seems like favoritism but the truth is that RB is just better at playing the social politics.
Lol. Listen, RB isn't an admin, he only can edit and arrange posts in the rpg table subforum. He's not a part of the mod team. Is it clear? Or do you want to continue your ceaseless propaganda against forumites you hate?

To me it's clear, you're an extremely patient mean little schemer and you can wait years until you get your revenge.

Heh, I feel like a mod already and I wanted to stop, whatever.

Kuu

>>Loading
Local time
-->
I don't care for people who's default communication style is "shut up you clueless fool". It melts down forums. I think there are basic standards of civility and self-regulation that people should adhere to. And if people can't adhere to them... well they should be given chances, but if they won't take those, they should be chased out.

There have to be consequences at some point for continued flouting of public standards of civility, or you simply won't get civility.

Hear hear. It seems a lot of people dgaf about civility. And then, ironically, they go round talking about the decline of civilization. Funny, that.

Telling someone to shut up in such a way violates the most fundamental values of this place. It is anti-community and anti-thought. I find it aggravating that so many people seem to not even mind. I've spent years trying to remove the toxic people that say such things from my life.

#releasethetabs

horus9_big-1.jpeg

It has been made quite clear that the mods are indeed power tripping, not acting in userbase interest.

Or better yet, mod team should retract my ridiculous and absurd ban. Then stop being ridiculous oversensitive little wimps about fucking etiquette. This kind of moderation is clearly not requested by the userbase. Thus analytically follows that it constitutes power-tripping.

Talk about power tripping... Ridiculous and absurd is dismissing people's negative reactions to your behaviour, oversensitive little wimps that they might be. Don't you realize how self-righteous you sound? That somehow you can be held to a different standard because you think you're so right, and that people that are wrong do not deserve respect and that basic civility can be thrown out the window if it so pleases you?

And presumably you are acting in the userbase's interest? Please. Some people clearly think that anything goes is not good for the forum. Mutual respect was what allowed this forum to flourish long before you were here.

Power tripping? We've been trying so hard for so long *not* to permaban you! We've given you far more chances than was fair, spent so much time trying to negotiate, contrary to what some here seem to think. If there's any fool here it is me for ever thinking you could change.

No need to waste any more words. You were warned, you chose to continue digging your grave, now you must go and lie in it. And go out not with a bang but with a whimper.

I know there's history of animosity between you, but that's enough. We know what you think about him, no need to repeat. You know where that road ends.

there's nobody on the mod team I dislike much the opposite in fact

Keep your friends close and your enemies closer eh? :phear: If only you'd been Bronto's sensei this would have never happened. It's all your fault, as usual. Baka.

Jennywocky

Tacky Flamingo
Local time
-->

You know, you'd be much more funny if you didn't keep stopping to remind everyone that you're actually just trying to be funny and nothing is meant personally.

Own it, man. Just own that shit.

EDIT: more explanation later from youuuu blahblahblah :ahh:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom