• OK, it's on.
  • Please note that many, many Email Addresses used for spam, are not accepted at registration. Select a respectable Free email.
  • Done now. Domine miserere nobis.

Battlefield 3

A22

occasional poster
Local time
Today 5:28 PM
-->
Whoa, no Battlefield 3 thread?

Any players around here?

Feel free to contact me on battlelog -> here

Dimensional Transition

Bill Cosbor, conqueror of universes
Local time
Today 6:28 PM
-->
Yup. Playing Battlefield 3. On Xbox.

Recently I've also gotten Modern Warfare 3, though... This is confusing. I never really know which one to play. Anyhow, I'll add you on battlelog!

A22

occasional poster
Local time
-->
Nice. I guess COD is more about reflex/skills and BF is more about teamplay/strategy. I only played COD twice though. It would be nice if it was possible to play console vs PC huh?

Dimensional Transition

Local time
-->
Yeah, after now playing COD for a while, I've decided I prefer Battlefield. They both have their own charm, but Battlefield feels more 'honest'.

It would definitely be nice to play console vs PC, but it'd probably also become very inviting for hackers, heh.

Ozymandias

Person
Local time
-->

Awaken

Gone for good
Local time
-->
I play BF3(PS3). Going on my jet service star 6. Anyone else any good in vehicles? My tank is pretty good, only thing I cant use are the helicopters.

A22

occasional poster
Local time
-->
I'm a great chopper gunner. I'm a good pilot too, but I'm not very good at piloting, shooting vehicles and flying away from AA guns at the same time, so I usually go as the gunner. Jets is something I can't fly. I mean, I can fly them, I just can't get ANY kills with them, it's just too hard to shoot at those speeds.

Awaken

Gone for good
Local time
-->
Nah, its pretty easy. At first just try rising to a really high altitude, then make a pass over the battlefield while holding the brakes. If there are any vehicles on the ground, they are pretty much dead. When I do this, I get about 20+ kills on average in one round of rush. I feel kind of bad doing it though because if the other team does not have a good jet flyer that will distract me for a while, there is literally no chance the enemies vehicles will survive long enough to reach the MCOM's. Basically, the whole team has to run the whole game. Now that the jet can shoot soldiers on foot as well, it is even worse.

After a while everyone tries to lock on to you, but it really doesnt matter. As soon as you use your first flare, fly as low to the ground as you feel comfortable with. This is so that for the second lockon you can climb in altitude so you have time to reload your flare as the missile is trying to track you upwards. As you are climbing in altitude, just spam the flare button so as soon as it reloads you can fire it as the rocket is probably right on your tail.

The most annoying thing are the really good heli players that go really high in the air and constantly lock on to you. It is only really a problem if you dont know that it is a heli locking on to you. Once you realize it is, jet vs heli is pretty one sided. Jet vs jet is another story. That takes a lot of practice.

A22

occasional poster
Local time
-->
Actually, I have never flown those jets. I'll give it a try.

I usually play Conquest, which only have jets without anti-vehicle rockets (unless you unlock rocket pods, it's pretty much impossible to take down land vehicles).

Awaken

Gone for good
Local time
-->
The main gun on the jet is the best way to destroy vehicles. Rocket pods will almost always disable the vehicles on a single pass, but I have found that the machine gun is much more reliable at destroying it in a single pass. You dont need to unlock anything.

Dimensional Transition

Local time
-->
Recently started working on my Assault class.
I've pretty much maxed out the engineer class now, not too interested in getting the service stars. Assault is very hard to get points with at first, but after 2 days or so I find that I've now developed a lot of pretty useful tactics, allowing me to score just as much as when I was engineer.

Ozymandias

Person
Local time
-->
I find assault to be the best class when it comes to getting points. May be different on the xbox as there's only 32 player maps, but on pc with 64 player maps there's always a shitload of bodies lying around just waiting to be revived. Besides you have the m16a3 which is imo opinion the best weapon in the game after the F2000 was nerfed.

What weapon do you guys use as engies? I usually roll with the A91 or an USAS12 but not really happy with either of them. The USAS is ofcourse an instant win at close range but I'm so used to fighting at mid range that it's hard for me to close the distance.

A22

occasional poster
Local time
-->
I use the M4 for mid and long range and the USAS12 for close range. The M4 has a pretty nice range, lots of ammo, and burst fire (which either you hate or love).

Dimensional Transition

Local time
-->
As an engineer I always use the A91, as an assault class I use the Famas atm.

Awaken

Gone for good
Local time
-->
The L85A2 that you unlock as the second assault assignment is actually really good. I am now using that instead of the FAMAS. I never really liked the FAMAS in the first place. M4A1 is also really good.

A22

occasional poster
Local time
-->
I don't have B2K :(
I think one should only be able to use B2K weapons on B2K servers. Are the weapons better than the normal ones?

Awaken

Gone for good
Local time
-->
Depends on the class. The sniper rifles suck. The new Support class guns are ridiculous. They reload about as fast as an assault rifle.

Awaken

Gone for good
Local time
-->
Depends on the class. The sniper rifles suck. The new Support class guns are ridiculous. They reload about as fast as an assault rifle.

Also, FAMAS is now becoming my favorite gun in the game. That gun is so comfortable and powerful.

A22

occasional poster
Local time
-->
^ I once got to use the FAMAS (picked it up) and it was like the F2000 before it got nurfed. I didn't use it long enough to be able to say anything, but it looked a little overpowered to me.

Update: I'm a pretty good pilot now :) Currently rank 78

I changed my origin acc name so the original link 404'd. Here's the new one.

Awaken

Gone for good
Local time
-->
Good to hear. The game, at least on ps3, needs more good pilots especially if they are going to make mines disappear after death. I think this is a terrible change. Tanks are strong enough in the game as it is. It doesn't matter if someone litters the map with 1000 mines, any cluster of mines can already be blown up with one shot, plus now they stick out of the ground and can easily be spotted without thermal.

EyeSeeCold

lust for life
Local time
Today 9:28 AM
-->
Bought it, played it for a couple weeks and just fell off...

Man, I don't know what happened, I'm not into games like I used to be. I'm level 17 or 18..

Awaken

Gone for good
Local time
-->
Did you always play with a squad of friends. IMO the game goes from frustrating to excellent if you have a squad of friends with a mic. What system do you have it for?

EyeSeeCold

lust for life
Local time
-->
I squad with my cousin when I play and we make a good team. I've rarely seen people use mics on BF3, and it's too fast-paced for it, so I don't bother. I used it a lot on BF:BC2 though.

I have it for PS3.

Awaken

Gone for good
Local time
-->
Too fast paced for a mic?....lol, you must not have played COD. Nobody used a mic on ps3 because until a few days ago the system was broken. It ha now been patched and you can hear everyone clearly. If you e e get back into it, hit me up.

A22

occasional poster
Local time
-->
Mines won't disappear, they get auto-spotted since the last patch (which was supposed to make mines disappear). C4 doesn't disappear anymore since the last patch, you can place it, switch teams and blow it. It's really annoying, but it's fun to use this in order to kill that useless camper in your team lol

Me (and lots of other ppl) can't use a mic because of a realtek-punkbuster incompatibility that has been there since BFBC2.... Sux huh?

EyeSeeCold

lust for life
Local time
-->
Oh, I see. Yea I just thought nobody cared. The mic is good for strategies but BF3 is more tactical.

Alright, I'll send you a message when I start again.

Ozy

Libertas Animi
Local time
Today 12:28 PM
-->
I use the M4 for mid and long range and the USAS12 for close range. The M4 has a pretty nice range, lots of ammo, and burst fire (which either you hate or love).

Why use the USAS? It just has a habit of making people angry. The only time I would find it acceptable is if somebody had to take on many people at once, like in metro 64 man conquest.

But of course this is coming from somebody that's only been on the receiving end of this gun, so maybe I'm just missing something.

EyeSeeCold

lust for life
Local time
-->
Bump

A22

occasional poster
Local time
-->
Why use the USAS? It just has a habit of making people angry. The only time I would find it acceptable is if somebody had to take on many people at once, like in metro 64 man conquest.

But of course this is coming from somebody that's only been on the receiving end of this gun, so maybe I'm just missing something.

It's been a long time since I last used it. The pump-action shotgun is better :)

Got 2000+ chopper kills since I started the thread and 400+ jet kills

EyeSeeCold

lust for life
Local time
-->
Got 2000+ chopper kills since I started the thread and 400+ jet kills
Boosting?

The game is alright, the lack of night maps and snow maps kind of makes it boring after a while, but the many unlocks keep you stimulated.
Seine Crossing is the worst map on Conquest, worse than Operation Metro, that said I prefer the maps with a more open sense of gameplay.

A22

occasional poster
Local time
-->
Nope, just got a mate who I fly with. Mic + Good pilot/gunner + Caspian 64 = lots of kills, playing like any heli should

EyeSeeCold

lust for life
Local time
-->
Nope, just got a mate who I fly with. Mic + Good pilot/gunner + Caspian 64 = lots of kills, playing like any heli should

It's frustrating trying to get a spot in one, it's always the same 2 or 3 people whoring them. Been trying to get the gunner guided missiles for days.

I'm only on PS3.

A22

occasional poster
Local time
-->
Tip: Stay on the chopper spawn spot with <button you use to enter vehicles> pressed. You will get in immediately after it spawns.

Top Bottom