• OK, it's on.
  • Please note that many, many Email Addresses used for spam, are not accepted at registration. Select a respectable Free email.
  • Done now. Domine miserere nobis.

Ask Redbaron

redbaron

irony based lifeform
Local time
Today 7:46 PM
-->
The other threads were amusing to read, so I'm making my own.

I'll answer anything you ask honestly.

TheScornedReflex

(Per) Version of a truth.
Local time
Today 9:46 PM
-->
Another one? Why? Why another 'Ask Me' thread? WHY?!

*puts gun to head and blows brains all over the place*

redbaron

irony based lifeform
Local time
-->
SpaceYeti said:
I honestly ask; if you're down with Adventure Time?

I don't follow it or anything, but if I ever come across it I do stop and watch. Funny show.

How would you know if our question is dishonest?

Hah, witty.

TheScornedReflex said:

They're amusing.

Although considering you've presumably offed yourself there's not really any point answering.

kora

Omg wow imo
Local time
Today 8:46 AM
-->
Do you think feminism is still relevant and necessary today in western culture?

BigApplePi

Banned
Local time
Today 4:46 AM
-->

Here is my Q: Do you think TheScornedReflex should create another "Ask me" thread and are you willing to clean up should he blow his brains out? (Two part Q.)

Jennywocky

Tacky Flamingo
Local time
-->

it's not just this forum. It's all over. PersCafe is infested with them It's just like the freakin' zombie apocalypse or something.

I've considered starting a thread called, "I am a one-legged AB-blood-typed Greek midget demisexual bionic Pagan three-gendered replicant, please ask me any questions." i would expect to be shot on sight, though, if I did.

Felan

Prolific Member
Local time
Today 3:46 AM
-->
it's not just this forum. It's all over. PersCafe is infested with them It's just like the freakin' zombie apocalypse or something.

I've considered starting a thread called, "I am a one-legged AB-blood-typed Greek midget demisexual bionic Pagan three-gendered replicant, please ask me any questions." i would expect to be shot on sight, though, if I did.

Are you really AB-blood-type that is so cool.

redbaron

irony based lifeform
Local time
-->
What's your opinion on this song? Do you like the devil's part better or Johnny's?

In the version you posted I like Johnny's.

In this one I like the devil's.

Do you think feminism is still relevant and necessary today in western culture?

It's still relevant in that it does exist, in fact (in Australia at least) it's probably too relevant. There are certain things women think they should be allowed to do that are plain wrong. Like women thinking it's okay to hit men, and expecting no retaliation.

Now I agree, most men are stronger than most women. However, if I walk up to an elite MMA fighter and sock him in the face, I fully expect to have my shit ruined and I have no right to complain and bitch when it does happen, despite the fact I'm (probably) smaller, weaker and have no real way of defending myself against him if I wanted to.

This isn't to say I condone behaviour like that, but people need to live in the real world. When people get hit in the face, they're going to get angry and (probably) retaliate. If they're drunk, it's even worse. If you are dumb enough to hit someone who is larger and stronger than you, you don't complain about the outcome.

As for feminism being necessary, no not really. At least I don't think so.

BigApplePi said:
Here is my Q: Do you think TheScornedReflex should create another "Ask me" thread and are you willing to clean up should he blow his brains out? (Two part Q.)

I don't think there's a 'should' involved. If he wants to he can, but he's not obliged to create or not create one at all.

No I'm not willing to clean up, at least while there's no incentive.

@Jennywocky please, please make that thread. :elephant:

Jennywocky

Tacky Flamingo
Local time
-->
Jennywocky please, please make that thread. :elephant:

But you know it would be a lie, wouldn't you?

...I mean, I'm not really a midget.\
I guess I can pretend.

Teffnology

Valar Morghulis
Local time
Today 1:46 AM
-->
Grass Valley, CA (small town near Sacramento)
Hey seeing as how your down with the JWilly style, do you recommend living down under?
Does it bother you when people call it that or is that just commonplace?
As a potential expat what services/skills are in demand?

Cognisant

Prolific Member
Local time
Yesterday 9:46 PM
-->
On Sunday can I pilfer the loot from the pile of rubble we just dismissed last session?

Jennywocky

Tacky Flamingo
Local time
-->
Do you think feet are purely utilitarian in nature, ugly but effective tools to perambulate through three-dimensional space; or do they possess a transcendent inner beauty worth a degree of human worship and reverence to the point of prostration and beyond?

Also, would polydactylism in this scenario be a sign of curse from the gods or a sign of favor?

EDIT: Oh yeah. Cog is right -- l00t?

Brontosaurie

Banned
Local time
Today 9:46 AM
-->
how would you rate me in the dimensions:

evil<---------->stupid

Grayman

Soul Shade
Local time
-->
Are you in a position of strong/high authority at your work?

TBerg

fallen angel who hasn't earned his wings
Local time
-->
Have you ever been to the United States? What would you say are the biggest differences between Americans and Australians? When you think of an American accent, what goes through you mind?

redbaron

irony based lifeform
Local time
-->
I thought this thread died and I was happy damnit :mad:

Hey seeing as how your down with the JWilly style, do you recommend living down under?
Does it bother you when people call it that or is that just commonplace?
As a potential expat what services/skills are in demand?

Can't say I'd really recommend it. Melbourne's the only place I'd want to live and currently it's one of the top10 expensive cities in the world. I suppose there's the benefit of high minimum wages. Australian bushland is amazing and quite unique if you like that stuff, though it means you have to live rurally, and rural Australia wouldn't be my choice of living.

Doesn't bother me, although no one where I live calls it down under.

Mining, medicine and farming and all of the things associated with those.

http://www.immi.gov.au/Work/Pages/skilled-occupations-lists/sol.aspx

On Sunday can I pilfer the loot from the pile of rubble we just dismissed last session?

The pile of rubble is really just a pile of rubble.

@Jennywocky I don't know but I didn't know that polydactylism was a word. Levels of permabulational effectiveness and overall transcendence are most likely measurable only in relative rather than absolute terms.

Brontosaurie said:
how would you rate me in the dimensions:

evil<---------->stupid

4 dimensions

Grayman said:
Are you in a position of strong authority at your work?

I was. I lost interest in dealing with people who attach a dollar value to everything.

TBerg said:
Have you ever been to the United States? What would you say are the biggest differences between Americans and Australians? When you think of an American accent, what goes through you mind?

Never visited, don't really plan to. I had the opportunity to attend a business conference in San Fransisco once, with the option of taking a couple weeks holiday while there. I had to sign a form though, so I declined and took a holiday elsewhere.

They're basically the same, just brainwashed by different agendas. Rupert Murdoch owns about 70% or more of the media here and he's a fervent supporter of 1 of the only 2 political parties with any legitimate power.

I don't think much of an accent really. I've spoken to lots of Americans in various formats so it doesn't really register any more.

redbaron

irony based lifeform
Local time
-->
16 / F / Cali

Grayman

Soul Shade
Local time
-->
Does your family have ties to strong political leaders, have a line of titles or connections to royalty?

Why baron?

How many siblings do you have?

Why doesn't the scientific authority take J. Marvin Herndon's theories of a nuclear core more seriously?

redbaron

irony based lifeform
Local time
-->
Does your family have ties to strong political leaders, have a line of titles or connections to royalty?

No.

Why baron?

It's a song.

How many siblings do you have?

None.

Why doesn't the scientific authority take J. Marvin Herndon's theories of a nuclear core more seriously?
You're going to have to define scientific authority. There's people who do take him seriously and his work has been published in various journals. As for the reasons he has trouble gaining funding from scientific bodies like NASA, there's probably a few.

At least in part because radioactive decay by elements (including uranium) in other parts of Earth would also produce an abundance of anti-neutrinos. Uranium or any other radioactive isotope doesn't need to specifically be in the core to release anti-neutrinos. There's an abundance of materials (including Uranium) all throughout the Earth which are all constantly decaying (thereby releasing energy as heat). The fact that anti-neutrinos simply exist doesn't necessitate that there must be a Uranium core.

Plus there's also a flipside to this. Which is that if his predictions were correct and that we really do have a five-mile diameter nuclear reactor - we'd expect to see a lot of heat generated by it. As it is, we see only about half:

http://news.sciencemag.org/space/2011/07/earth-still-retains-much-its-original-heat

http://authors.library.caltech.edu/25422/1/Gando2011p15815Nat_Geosci.pdf

Also pretty much everything written by or about him seems to date from around 2004 or earlier. There's not much evidence, just conjecture - and it's outdated at that.

Grayman

Soul Shade
Local time
-->
Are you on any science or psychology forums.

redbaron

irony based lifeform
Local time
-->
TBerg said:
What is your set of life obsessions?

I couldn't really call anything obsessive. My persistent interests are typically ecology and physics, but even then my attention waxes and wanes.

Closest thing to obsessive is probably a physics idea/hypothesis I've been formulating for the last 5 years or so.

Are you on any science or psychology forums.

I don't frequent any forums other than this one. I occasionally read other forums but I don't often post on them unless there's something really interesting.

Jennywocky

Tacky Flamingo
Local time
-->
If you were a character in Inglourious Basterds, which one would be closest to who you are?

Polaris

Prolific Member
Local time
Yesterday 9:46 PM
-->
I'd guess Hugo Stiglitz.

redbaron

irony based lifeform
Local time
-->
It's been a while since I watched the movie so I've had to read about the characters. Without watching the movie a second time I'll say:

Shosanna Dreyfus
Hans Landa
Hugo Stiglitz

TheManBeyond

Banned
Local time
Today 8:46 AM
-->
Objects in the mirror might look closer than they
6 am and I don't feel sleepy. I'm laying in my bed. Should i force my body and mind to stay awake and finally sleep at a normal hour tonight like 11 pm or so? Do you think if i do that the schedule will re-arrange?

The Gopher

President
Local time
-->
Stay awake all day never works* but you can set alarms and sleep short amounts (say an hour or two) during the day and regulate it properly)

Okay it can work if you are an expert and have spent three years working out how your cycle works and can balance everything but since you asked I assume that isn't the case.

-------

Oh right this is ask RB :D I did once wonder if I should go into everyone's threads and answer all the questions...

Absurdity

Prolific Member
Local time
-->
It's been a while since I watched the movie so I've had to read about the characters. Without watching the movie a second time I'll say:

Shosanna Dreyfus
Hans Landa
Hugo Stiglitz

I'm Aldo Raine

KILLER-CROW_ALDO_.jpg

OrLevitate

Banned
Local time
-->
I'm intrinsically luminous, mortals. I'm 4ever
Do you think of yourself as a lion?

QuickTwist

Spiritual "Woo"
Local time
-->
Doesn't it matter?

OrLevitate

Banned
Local time
-->
I'm intrinsically luminous, mortals. I'm 4ever
what's the point of smgs in mw2?

Grayman

Soul Shade
Local time
-->
How would you compare Australian politics with US politics?

redbaron

irony based lifeform
Local time
-->
I haven't tried to keep up with Australian politics since Abbott was elected. I used to just keep a passing interest/understanding of it since I think that's a good idea even if you dislike politics overall.

Since he was elected though poilitics has just become (even more) ridiculous to the point I can't even be bothered. Even though he's gone now it's still the same mentality prevailing. Some of the shit he did was just absurd. Whistleblowing is now illegal in Australia and doctor's right to report instances of suspected sexual/child abuse is starting to be infringed upon.

Feels like the country has gone backwards a decade or two since Abbott was elected. I don't keep up to date with US politics. Find it hard to believe that someone like Trump is being seriously considered for presidency. Sad really.

onesteptwostep

Junior Hegelian
Local time
Today 5:46 PM
-->

redbaron

irony based lifeform
Local time
-->
onesteptwostep said:
What's the cultural perception of Australians of Americans?

Culturally I notice a few camps: people who make fun of America for being so full of fat people - without realising we're neck and neck with them for obesity rates. There's some people who love US culture and some who hate it.

Opinions vary between a spectrum of, "Americans are fat, dumb and lazy" and, "Americans are cool!1!1!!!"

I don't really know many people who take an actual interest in the US outside of pop culture and surface data. America is where funny shows, fast food, exciting sports and guns are made, and people either love all that shit or they hate it.

onesteptwostep said:
There's been talks lately of placing a US air base in Australia to patrol and check the Chinese in the South China Sea. Would they agree to something like that or balk at supposed 'American imperialism?'

Depends who you ask. Some people would love it (one of my cousins at least) and others would probably detest the idea (me).

Ember

Blazing Away
Local time
Today 6:46 PM
-->
I would also like to protest the idea.
However I'm fairly certain that America has some secluded base in the middle of the desert somewhere and they do idk what. Just testing I'd assume since its a desert.

(I just felt like saying something. But I didn't have an interesting question, so....)

QuickTwist

Spiritual "Woo"
Local time
-->
art - realistic yet surreal painting
peer reviewed article on transistors
your favorite video game
reading on the forum

If you had to choose one of the above which would it be at this current time in your life?

Top Bottom