• OK, it's on.
  • Please note that many, many Email Addresses used for spam, are not accepted at registration. Select a respectable Free email.
  • Done now. Domine miserere nobis.

Ask ComputerHxr Because He Understands...

Pizzabeak

Banned
Local time
Today 6:03 AM
-->
I want to be intelligent like you - where is a good place to start?

Direwolf

Local time
Today 11:03 PM
-->
Can a blind man see his dreams?

OrLevitate

Banned
Local time
-->
I'm intrinsically luminous, mortals. I'm 4ever
If someone lost all their senses except thought, is that a kind of coma?

If they were born with this condition, and developed a concept of self, what would it be?

If they could have a sense of self, could they become schizophrenic and interact with parts of themselves personified as other people while they're in this coma, and live a full life?

am I in a coma rn?

computerhxr

Village Idiot
Local time
-->
Can a blind man see his dreams?

Yes, no one is truly blind. Vision is the sense projected into the conscious.

[bimgx=350]http://i1375.photobucket.com/albums/ag448/computerhxr/700px-Diagram_of_eye_evolutionsvg_zps5cd1f505.png[/bimgx]​

Vision can take many forms when it's expressed in dreams.

computerhxr

Village Idiot
Local time
-->

Yes.

If they were born with this condition, and developed a concept of self, what would it be?

Ego.

If they could have a sense of self, could they become schizophrenic and interact with parts of themselves personified as other people while they're in this coma, and live a full life?

Yes.

It's possible that we are but nodes of the tree of life, expressed as metaphysical avatars.

These nodes could have their own branches that are expressed as avatars in the subconscious.

am I in a coma rn?

Your subconscious is.

QuickTwist

Spiritual "Woo"
Local time
Today 8:03 AM
-->
Do you like cats?

nexion

coalescing in diffusion
Local time
Today 9:03 AM
-->
Is making an "Ask me anything" thread what the 'cool kids' do nowadays?

computerhxr

Village Idiot
Local time
-->

OrLevitate

Banned
Local time
-->
omg naooooooo

don fly too close to sun icarushxr

The Grey Man

τὸ φῶς ἐν τῇ σκοτίᾳ φαίνει
Local time
-->
1. If someone lost all their senses except thought, is that a kind of coma?

2. If they were born with this condition, and developed a concept of self, what would it be?

3. If they could have a sense of self, could they become schizophrenic and interact with parts of themselves personified as other people while they're in this coma, and live a full life?

4. am I in a coma rn?

1. Yes.

2. Ego.

3. Yes.

It's possible that we are but nodes of the tree of life, expressed as metaphysical avatars.

These nodes could have their own branches that are expressed as avatars in the subconscious.

4. Your subconscious is.

I disagree. Forming a concept of self without any senses, or having had any, ever, would be like trying to draw a picture with 0 spatial awareness or intent. The result is incoherence, nonsense, nothingness. The development of the subconscious is similarly precluded, since it as well follows from sensory experience.

computerhxr

Village Idiot
Local time
-->
I disagree. Forming a concept of self without any senses, or having had any, ever, would be like trying to draw a picture with 0 spatial awareness or intent. The result is incoherence, nonsense, nothingness. The development of the subconscious is similarly precluded, since it as well follows from sensory experience.

You're ignoring the criteria for the argument.

Life would never exist without a designer using this perception of reality.

The Grey Man

Local time
-->
You're ignoring the criteria for the argument.

Life would never exist without a designer using this perception of reality.

No, I merely likened forming a self-perception without senses to drawing a picture without the, well, senses to do so. Neither are possible without external stimuli that are experienced via sensing, which are stored and interpreted in a logical fashion. The drawing can't be done because there are no reference points. Similarly, self-concept cannot precede sense because sensing creates the conditions that allow you to think about the nature of your presence in the world. Without sense you are ignorant to everything imaginable because your brain can't imitate the world (create an "inner" world) or consider it without first experiencing it, so you can't live a full life in the eyes of conscious beings.

computerhxr

Village Idiot
Local time
-->
No, I merely likened forming a self-perception without senses to drawing a picture without the, well, senses to do so. Neither are possible without external stimuli that are experienced via sensing, which are stored and interpreted in a logical fashion. The drawing can't be done because there are no reference points. Similarly, self-concept cannot precede sense because sensing creates the conditions that allow you to think about the nature of your presence in the world. Without sense you are ignorant to everything imaginable because your brain can't imitate the world (create an "inner" world) or consider it without first experiencing it, so you can't live a full life in the eyes of conscious beings.

Again, you ignore the criteria.

Without sense, there is nothing to ignore.

There is no requirement for imagination to be limited to the world. That would not be very imaginative.

The Grey Man

Local time
-->
Again, you ignore the criteria.

Without sense, there is nothing to ignore.

There is no requirement for imagination to be limited to the world. That would not be very imaginative.

Not ignoring the world. Ignorance of the world. Such an individual lacks the requisite knowledge to form a self-concept, due to the "born without sensing" criteria. There can be no concept of self because there's nothing to perceive and compare, nor was there ever. You need to have knowledge of truths and axioms before you can extrapolate on, work around or within, or reimagine them.

Of course all imagination is limited to the world; it's part of it.

Black Rose

An unbreakable bond
Local time
Today 7:03 AM
-->
is phi your favorite?
i like pizza

computerhxr

Village Idiot
Local time
-->
Not ignoring the world. Ignorance of the world. Such an individual lacks the requisite knowledge to form a self-concept, due to the "born without sensing" criteria. There can be no concept of self because there's nothing to perceive and compare, nor was there ever. You need to have knowledge of truths and axioms before you can extrapolate on, work around or within, or reimagine them.

Of course all imagination is limited to the world; it's part of it.

There was no "born without sensing" criteria. In fact, there was a sensing criteria, which was completely ignored in all of your arguments. You are selectively choosing the criteria to make it fit your argument. I've pointed this out multiple times.

You don't need to have knowledge of "truths" to have an imagination.

The word "of course" is a deflection. You want me to ignore the following point. Every time I hear it my BS detector goes *PING*. :rolleyes:

I'm pretty sure people can imagine things in space, and on other planets, and in other dimensions. Of course, I must be wrong because imagination is limited to the world.

There is innate knowledge, encoded into DNA, which is part of the physical makeup of the brain. E.g. I think, therefore I am.

Did you have a question?

The Grey Man

Local time
-->
There was no "born without sensing" criteria. In fact, there was a sensing criteria, which was completely ignored in all of your arguments. You are selectively choosing the criteria to make it fit your argument. I've pointed this out multiple times.

:facepalm:

"Born with the condition" of having "lost all their senses", ergo "born without sensing."

You don't need to have knowledge of "truths" to have an imagination.

I was trying to describe the idea that you actually need information to imagine things. Everything you can imagine is comparable to something that you've already seen or experienced in some way.

The word "of course" is a deflection. You want me to ignore the following point. Every time I hear it my BS detector goes *PING*. :rolleyes:

I said "of course" because I didn't think you would disagree with the notion that, yes, imagination is worldly, because it's a function of your brain, which is an earthly object. You can call it BS if you like. I'll refrain from making any more such assumptions.

I'm pretty sure people can imagine things in space, and on other planets, and in other dimensions. Of course, I must be wrong because imagination is limited to the world.

I'm not talking about planet Earth here, but the surroundings of the senseless being in general. Why can we imagine things in space? Because we perceive the evidence thereof (and the observable characteristics of the universe that they are based on, or descriptions thereof) with our senses, and with that information form a schema of our universe. We can imagine other dimensions by sensing our universe and descriptions of it, then abstracting from that information. Imagining higher dimensions and parallel universes is no more transcendental than perceiving a three-dimensional object on a 2D screen (lower order projection of objects of a higher dimensional order), or parallel lines (simply apply what you see to the supposed "arrow of time", or the spacetime continuum, or whatever theory you sensed today, and took a shining to).

There is innate knowledge, encoded into DNA, which is part of the physical makeup of the brain. E.g. I think, therefore I am.

That knowledge will not be accessed, because there's no external cause to retrieve it, and no way or registering reason to apply it. Even something as primal as the withdrawal reflex will never be employed without the sense of touch, and if it were, you would have no way of knowing.

Did you have a question?

Sure. You can rewrite this post in the form of a flurry of questions if it pleases you, without compromising its nuance of intent too much. Heck, I could just write, "is it not?", at the end of every sentence. Grammar is flexible. We have all manner of ways of soliciting information with words, without up-talking or using squiggly punctuation. What's your favorite font? I can sprinkle in some question marks in that if you like.

The Grey Man

Local time
-->
1. If someone lost all their senses except thought.

:facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm:

Thought is not a sense. Thought requires sense. Thought is triggered by sensory input, the means by which the brain receives external stimuli (i.e. learns about what's going on in its surroundings), without which there is no basis for thought. Fundamentally, the individual being considered deviates from the average person in that he has this natal sensing deficiency. While the mechanisms exist for thought processes (as was the case in my responses), they will never form anything coherent because the brain is unable to interact with its surroundings.

At this point you're just grasping for straws because your original answer and subsequent arguments propose that we can think without anything to think about, and disregard the meanings of my posts.

computerhxr

Village Idiot
Local time
-->
Thought is not a sense. Thought requires sense. Thought is triggered by sensory input, the means by which the brain receives external stimuli (i.e. learns about what's going on in its surroundings), without which there is no basis for thought. Fundamentally, the individual being considered deviates from the average person in that he has this natal sensing deficiency. While the mechanisms exist for thought processes (as was the case in my responses), they will never form anything coherent because the brain is unable to interact with its surroundings.

At this point you're just grasping for straws because your original answer and subsequent arguments propose that we can think without anything to think about, and disregard the meanings of my posts.

Okay, I get it, you're a genius. You are so smart! You must be a god or something?!

QuickTwist

Spiritual "Woo"
Local time
-->
Am I a genius? Am I a Joe shmo who don't know what the fuck it mean?

Have you had a bad trip before? what was it like?

The Grey Man

Local time
-->
Phew. I thought I was going crazy for a while there. There's that belligerence I was talking about in your other thread (self-fulfilling prophecy, perhaps?). I've been trying to be more assertive lately, but I may have over-corrected.

Maybe I can clear the air with an actual question. What sort of music do you like? I've been trying to expand my horizons (I tend to stick with the artists I definitely like), and your input would be appreciated.

computerhxr

Village Idiot
Local time
-->
Am I a genius? Am I a Joe shmo who don't know what the fuck it mean?

Have you had a bad trip before? what was it like?

Yes, without drugs. The wall in my room turned to flames, and there was a shadowy figure coming through the flames. I started to hear a voice and my cat jumped on my face and scratched the shit out of me! It snapped me out of it.

It was pretty cool. Way more vivid than real life. It was like being in a movie theater with surround sound. I was little so I wanted to know what was so important and have a conversation with it. I created a system for reaching sleep paralysis so that I could go back and find out what it wanted.

And yes, you are a genius!

:smoker:

QuickTwist

Spiritual "Woo"
Local time
-->
Do you make the burgers and I make the fries?

Helvete

Pizdec
Local time
Today 11:03 PM
-->
Are you trying to point out you're empathic?

idokaiho

Hive Maker
Local time
Today 2:03 PM
-->
What is reality?

Does reality have a beginning? If so, how did reality start? and will it end?

What happens when we die?

In the sense that we can determine the outcome of physical forces in reality, can biological forces be predetermined with enough understanding and information?

What is consciousness?

Are we in one of an infinite number of universes? Is anything non-abstract infinite?

If you answer these questions will I be satisfied? If you answered these questions satisfactorily would I be satisfied?

TheManBeyond

Banned
Local time
Today 2:03 PM
-->
Objects in the mirror might look closer than they
Now, a serious question there and so i expect a serious response, how would you differentiate sensors from intuitives?

computerhxr

Village Idiot
Local time
-->
Do you prefer nutella or its cheaper imitations that taste the same?

The cheap alternatives are many times made with unhealthy ingredients. I am very selective when I make purchases. However, many times the inexpensive alternatives are just as good or even better than the name brand products.

If you can do the following with the cheaper imitations, then I'm sold!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=59L51yWUFiQ

I have never tried Nutella or any product like it.

Apparently, 1 serving of Nutella (which is 2 table spoons) has as much sugar as 5 Oreo cookies. The cheaper alternatives likely use dextrose or another simple sugar which gets converted to diabetes a lot faster than regular table sugar. I would probably not buy this stuff, but I would try it if someone offered.

computerhxr

Village Idiot
Local time
-->
Are you trying to point out you're empathic?

Nope. I chose the title as an alternative to the other "I will answer anything!" threads that were going around. I figured it would be a fun challenge and would lead to some interesting questions. It solves an information bias that you have when I choose which threads that I reply to.

Also, I wanted to use a term that is psychologically accepting so people are open with their questions.

computerhxr

Village Idiot
Local time
-->
What is reality?

Everything is reality.

Does reality have a beginning? If so, how did reality start? and will it end?

It expands in all directions, so there is no beginning or end. Energy just transfers through induction. There is no loss in the system, only transference.

What happens when we die?

Death is another frequency of life. Your atomic composition is redistributed so that you are part of the collective unconscious of future beings. Eventually your quantum material will be consumed and be re-incarnated in other forms. Some of your material may end up in space, where it is part of a larger consciousness that we are the subconscious of.

In the sense that we can determine the outcome of physical forces in reality, can biological forces be predetermined with enough understanding and information?

You can only predict tendency and domain limitations. The larger the system, the more propensity it has for deviation from the mean.

Smaller atomic systems exist in the same way. They affect us through the collective, we have a stronger effect on them but the relative time difference is eternal.

We are the smaller atomic system of a larger vessel.

What is consciousness?

Communication between nodes. Energy transferring by proximity through a system of nodes.

Are we in one of an infinite number of universes? Is anything non-abstract infinite?

Universe is perceived so it depends on the perspective. The answer is yes, there are infinite, and no, there is only one, and also, there are zero. Infinity and zero are contextually the same from one perspective.

Everything exists in singularity which only exists out of non-existence. I wrote the formula earlier.

x = male
y = female (inverted male) = -x
z = male + female = x + (-x) = 0

everything = nothing
existence = non-existence

Everything exists out of non-existence and non-existence exists out of existence.

It's a bi-polar energy flow at singularity. Everything is energy, which exists everywhere and always, as well as nowhere and never. Sense is communication between the poles. As energy passes it gains momentum and makes a copy.

female = darkness = right = moon = water
male = light = left = sun = rock

If you answer these questions will I be satisfied? If you answered these questions satisfactorily would I be satisfied?

It depends on what form of existence you are referring to. Some part will be satisfied, some part will not be satisfied.

:rip:

Solitaire U.

Last of the V-8 Interceptors
Local time
-->
Did the annual "Ask Me" pledge drive come early this year?

Reluctantly

Resident disMember
Local time
Today 3:03 AM
-->
I will read no such thing when I am told to do so!

OrLevitate

Banned
Local time
-->
It's good to have someone keep one's perspectives in check. The man in the url's listed, pistorius, had access to sense; at least hearing, after he began to be conscious once more [<--implied].

Leaving an environment where one is met with checks and balances is pretty dumb. So is not trying to change the environment to meet your desires.

computerhxr

Village Idiot
Local time
-->
It's good to have someone keep one's perspectives in check. The man in the url's listed, pistorius, had access to sense; at least hearing, after he began to be conscious once more [<--implied].

Leaving an environment where one is met with checks and balances is pretty dumb. So is not trying to change the environment to meet your desires.

It's interesting and I want to find out more about what it was like when he lost all access to the external senses. In the article he calls it "darkness" and eventually he starts to have senses like sound, then light, then vision. It doesn't really answer the question but after I'm finished reading the book and researching I can give you a better idea.

OrLevitate

Banned
Local time
-->
If you've read the book then tell me! I haven't read the book. One thing I imagine might be confusing is the state of time in dreams. He could've gone through like 109328109831 years in dreams and it was only like 24 hours in dreams. Seriously. Then he woke up? Started hearing etc

Top Bottom