• OK, it's on.
  • Please note that many, many Email Addresses used for spam, are not accepted at registration. Select a respectable Free email.
  • Done now. Domine miserere nobis.

Are you right-brained or left-brained3: done the right way...

Are You Right-Brained or Left-Brained 3: done the right way

• Total voters

Cobra

Local time
Yesterday 10:53 PM
-->
http://senduit.com/29209e

Here's a neat little game that will tell you what quadrant of your brain you use most. You may have heard of this. Please refrain from answering the poll until after you've taken the test downloadable from the link above. Also, please share your "Personal Evaluation" results with us all! They're fun.

Just a warning, though: Every answer to the questions it asks you is correct in some manner of thinking (Left, Right, Visual, Audible). When they say "There's no wrong answer," they're serious. If an answer doesn't make sense to you when you look at it... then that's not your answer. At the end, they articulate the logic behind every answer possible and explain which type of thinker would likely understand it that way and choose it.

And a tip: GO WITH YOUR FIRST INSTINCT. If you don't, you'll get inaccurate results.

hen.gif
Henjoy.

Kuu

>>Loading
Local time
Yesterday 9:53 PM
-->
Re: Are Right-Brained or Left-Brained?

hmmn right... as if we'd download and run... "brain.exe"

Cobra

Local time
-->

Ooookay. I was afraid of that... Well... I'll try to find another spot where you can trust it's not something malicious.

My IS guy at work put it on our H drive and then dragged it over to my desktop today, and I took it on my lunch break, so I thought I'd share it with you all. I'll find out where he got it, and then maybe that will be a little more trustworthy than a suspicious senduit link. :P

Anthile

Steel marks flesh
Local time
Today 5:53 AM
-->

I'm off the scale... my hemispheric dominance is equally divided between left and right brain.

juggernaut

Redshirt
Local time
Yesterday 8:53 PM
-->

Think you need a couple more categories...I ended up left, 50/50 split on the visual/audible.

Cobra

Local time
-->

Yeesh... Looks like I'll have a difficult time convincing you guys this is not a virus... Because there IS a virus named BRAIN.EXE. Hah... Egh... Sorry!
http://www.baidumsg.com/Howtoremove/Howtoremove_45382.html

The following links lead to sites with the valid download of brain.exe, but aren't very convincingly "legit." I dunno. Maybe you should just delete my post to avoid any further embarassment:
http://eye.snu.ac.kr/~jejoong/favor/accessory.htm
http://www.rcw.bc.ca/test/personality.html
http://pages.intnet.mu/garylo/download.html

Jules

Local time
-->
Re: Are You Right-Brained or Left-Brained 2: done the right way

The thing doesn't work on 64-bit Vista... I suppose a linux version is out of the question as well?

Why can't there be an online version of this thing?

cheese

Prolific Member
Local time
Today 1:53 PM
-->

Centre-brained, equal. I took it three more times and got left-brained, mostly visual. I think this test should reflect our type, to a degree. Mine supports my occasional problems with deciding between T and F. Strong INTPs will probably be strongly left-brained and so on. So far the poll doesn't seem to support this, but then not many have answered.

I went through all the explanations behind all the answers (questions change with each test) and quite a few didn't fit at all with my reason for choosing them. The test isn't perfect I suppose. Based on their reasoning and mine, and how the two differed, I decided that centre-brained was most accurate of me.

hopefulmonster

Local time
-->

balanced visual

spockguy

Local time
Today 4:53 AM
-->

I leaned slightly more to the left, by about 5% more to the left I believe, and about 15% more towards visual (already left the program awhile ago though, so not sure of the exact numbers). Was interesting, but the questionable was extremely vague. I remain pretty skeptical on the validity of the test.

inerTia

Local time
Yesterday 11:53 PM
-->

Just a "for your info" if you type in "120" or "50" as the name, the question limit increases to 120 or 50, not sure of other numbers. Do experiment about upon that, although I find that the increment to 120, raises the validity a tad more due to looping through more questions, since 20 questions do not seem to be enough.

chocolate

Local time
-->

Hey Cobra, I voted left brain and audible but the results weren't extreme:

Left Brain: 59.1
Auditory: 53.3

loveofreason

echoes through time
Local time
Yesterday 4:53 PM
-->
You're going to be thrilled cobra... I just lost all your poll results when I merged the two existing threads. OOPS!

PLEASE VOTE AGAIN FOLK!

I'm sorry about that, but I've replaced it with new poll with all the options on it.

Cobra

Local time
-->
Hahahaha. Yeah, that's okay. I appreciate you responding to my request! Someone responded and I got paged by a phone call on my e-mail, but I couldn't what-you-may-call-it the thing-of-my-jig. And when I came here, I saw that you had so sweetly pieced together a new thread for me and even gave it a new title to complete the trilogy. Thanks, lor!!

sybyll

Local time
-->
Right brained visual. No surprises there.

Minuend

pat pat
Local time
-->
L brain: 56,5
R brain: 43,5
Aud: 60
Vis: 40

Second time;

L Brain: 54,5
R brain: 45,5
Aud: 42,9
Vis: 57,1

Third time:

L brain: 52
R brain: 47
Aud: 53
Vis: 46

According to the last one, I'm one of the rare individuals that are perfectly balanced. I think I'm going with that one =]

Chimera

To inanity and beyond
Local time
Yesterday 11:53 PM
-->
Left 53.8% / Right 46.2%
Visual 60% / Auditory 40%

The description was actually pretty spot-on for me.

Cobra

Local time
-->
Queen, why did you take it 3 times? Were you unsure if you had taken it correctly the first time?

Concojones

Local time
-->
I googled for an online test:
http://mindmedia.com/braintest.html

My results: 57% right, 66% visual

Question: I looked up the meaning of all of this:
http://painting.about.com/library/blpaint/blrightbraintable.htm
Now please bear with me. Somewhere on this forum I read that INTPs typically (yes so do I) have a 'start stop pause' kind of speech (they think and speak in alternate intervals, not simultaneously), as opposed to the more fluent and structured 'think as you speak' speech of certain others (which I admire). While looking at the table (see URL) I wondered whether there's a link between speech pattern & brain hemisphere dominance. In other words, do all left-brainers here consider themselves 'fluent' and the right-brainers 'sequential'? Is there any theory about this?

Cobra

Local time
-->
Statistically, the left-brained population is more populous, but your dominant hand has nothing to do with it. I am right handed, and throughout my life, I've found it very difficult to coordinate on information with those of left-brained persuasion.

X( "What do you mean, draw me a map?! Just tell me how to get there!" *rawr*
:| "I can't... It's too hard..." *cry*

edit: To clarify, that's obviously an exaggeration. I can give directions, I just laugh at how much more ridiculously easy it is to show someone how to get there. It's really rather nerve racking to try to focus on whether I'm giving good directions verbally.

Last edited:
Top Bottom