• OK, it's on.
  • Please note that many, many Email Addresses used for spam, are not accepted at registration. Select a respectable Free email.
  • Done now. Domine miserere nobis.

Are you a jerk?

Are you a jerk or a nice person?

• I'm E, and a jerk

Votes: 4 7.8%
  • I'm an E, and a nice person

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I'm an I, and a jerk

Votes: 18 35.3%
  • I'm an I, and a nice person

Votes: 29 56.9%

• Total voters

Helvete

Pizdec
Local time
Today 9:24 AM
-->
I hate those terms. Jerk is very Americanised high school petty terminology and nice is just too placid and boring.

Try amiable and cunt ;) - I am both of those and introverted. I haven't voted.

Dormouse

Mean can be funny
Local time
Today 12:24 AM
-->
I am very amused by the fact that according to this poll, extroverts are never nice people.

TheManBeyond

Banned
Local time
-->
Objects in the mirror might look closer than they
Usually i'm a nice guy, one thing is that i'm pretty selective when it comes to be friends with people, also i don't usually say too much, i prefer to make quick comments over what's people is saying. This distance i keep from people has lead me quite often to ankward situations and my intentions being misunderstood.

Helvete

Pizdec
Local time
-->
A feeler does not see it this way. They do not see themselves as manipulating. What are the real reasons for being nice?

Whatever motivation drives them to be. Some like to make others happy, others like to make some happy for a specific purpose or gain. I think you're being way too broad with that statement too, I'm sure lots of feelers are aware they're being manipulative. The ones that are most likely wouldn't openly admit to it though.
So the real reasons could be anything and is down to the individual alone.

Grayman

Soul Shade
Local time
Yesterday 4:24 PM
-->
I think you're being way too broad with that statement too, I'm sure lots of feelers are aware they're being manipulative.

Your original post was in the form of an absolute. "To manipulate people." I adopted the assumption that we were speaking of generalizations.

Regardless, you cannot even prove that most are manipulating on purpose unless you can get inside their heads and retrieve the truth and do it on a large scale.

The Gopher

President
Local time
-->
You know you are talking to a psychopath if you want to invite them home to dinner after talking to them for 20 minutes. That said some feelers manipulate without realizing I've talked to them explained how they are manipulative and they have gone. Oh.... some do know of course however and some don't manipulate.

Helvete

Pizdec
Local time
-->
Your original post was in the form of an absolute. "To manipulate people." I adopted the assumption that we were speaking of generalizations.

Regardless, you cannot even prove that most are manipulating on purpose unless you can get inside their heads and retrieve the truth and do it on a large scale.

I'm not saying most do it on purpose, or it's even a concious effort to purposefully manipulate someone (although you will get some who do). But if you look at the motivation for being nice; whatever that may be, there are probably some factors that are beneficial, which are arguably manipulative.

Manipulation is just control over something. So whilst maintaining all the pleasantries I could change the subject in a conversation without intent for it to mean anything, then this could be considered being manipulative.

elliott

nice and sweet
Local time
Yesterday 6:24 PM
-->
I find it highly amusing that all extraverts so far have identified themselves as jerks.
For the record, I voted introverted and 'nice'. I have a very cynical side, and the usual INTP tendency to be ruthlessly objective, but I like to think I'm more emotionally sensitive and open than many INTs, at least the ones I've met in person.

digitalbum

ENTP
Local time
-->
Where' the "I'm an E and nice, but people often perceive me as a jerk" option?

deadpixel

Local time
-->
I put that im an I and im a nice person. I dont go out of my way to be nice, and while im not completely in touch with my own feelings that doesnt mean that I wont try my best not to tread on other peoples. I dont like to bother/hassle/trouble people and I expect the same treatment from others, I treat others as I want to be treated, which honestly isnt asking for much.

Once these rules are violated I have a certain amount of patience, then when that runs out the jerk in me can kick in. It takes a lot for me to extrovert my aggrovation.
This is part of the reason I enjoy living a reclusive lifestyle.

QuickTwist

Spiritual "Woo"
Local time
-->
I don't know if I am a jerk or not. Usually I connotate jerk as being someone who either loses their cool and then just says fuck you and gives them the finger or something like that. I typically don't outright use name calling in my repertoire but I am a bit sadistic at times. I'll act nice and then hit you with something that causes emotional pain. Typically I am just fair. You hurt me, I hurt you; you're nice to me, I'm nice to you. I also don't make a habit of being disrespectful to people who can really kick my ass; I may be a bit sadistic, but I am no masochist.

Saiyan Pride
Local time
-->
I'm fairly balanced between I and E. I'm not out to hurt people's feelings, but every now and then it is satisfying to hand someone's ass to them. In a debate, I think I'm a lot nicer to people if I'm worried that they stand a chance of refuting me. But I wouldn't be a complete dick unless either they were, or their arguments were asinine and I could get some good reactions from other people. By "good," I mean "absolutely appalled."

Yasaka no Magatama

Realistic Romanticism
Local time
-->
I am usually nice, except when I'm pissed, then I become sarcastic and downright mean. I also have a tendency to be extremely objective which often results in many people close to me getting angry. I'm mostly introverted, except when i'm with people I truly trust and care about.

Wolf18

a who
Local time
-->
I am nice when I believe it is merited or warranted. Likewise for being a "jerk." I think that makes me fair, and thus "nice." And introverted.

SW

Top Bottom