• OK, it's on.
  • Please note that many, many Email Addresses used for spam, are not accepted at registration. Select a respectable Free email.
  • Done now. Domine miserere nobis.

Anybody else here on a Ketogenic diet?

walfin

Democrazy
Local time
Today 7:55 PM
-->
I'm currently trying to be on a ketogenic diet both to lose weight as well as for its purported health benefits.

Is anyone else here trying this as well? What are your experiences?

Rebis

Blessed are the hearts that can bend
Local time
Today 12:55 PM
-->
I had a partial one there for about a week max 60g out of 250. It was good but I couldn't do much workouts near the end, presumably because I had little energy and I got my first headache on modafinil, which I attributed to a lack of glucose since I had enough magnesium and water in the body. I stopped solely for that reason.

peoplesuck

is escaping
Local time
Today 6:55 AM
-->
I prefer ketosis, It numbed my insane sugar cravings. Also if your foods are high in the correct fats, you dont get hungry 3 hours after eating. I enjoyed it but my love of carbonated drinks ruined it for me.

ZenRaiden

One atom of me
Local time
Today 12:55 PM
-->
Personaly I think first rule of good nutrition is eating the right stuff. If you do that you will lose weight and no need for any super complicated diet.
I never tried it mainly for its restrictions that make you eat shit.
Cutting out sugar from diet is easiest way to lose weight. Every time I cut out sweets and sugar I go down no matter what. Especially water instead of sweet drinks. Occassional bitter chocolate wont hurt.
I dont understand keto because to me it seems like completely unnecessary regime, its hard to stick to and has no visible benefits, possible side effects.
Also the less you overeat the less you crave food. If you eat too much you will crave more, if you eat only when you are hungry you will eat just right amount.
Not saying keto cant help, maybe you are the type of person who might benefit, but overall there are far better strategies to lose weight and eat healthy.

Top Bottom