• OK, it's on.
  • Please note that many, many Email Addresses used for spam, are not accepted at registration. Select a respectable Free email.
  • Done now. Domine miserere nobis.

Any IB (International Baccalaureate) students?

Kuu

>>Loading
Local time
Today 5:00 AM
-->
I was one... like 8 years ago. I didn't have much of an outer life, indeed. I suffered at the moment but in retrospect I don't mind that much, high school was a mostly pointless, inane, forgettable hell hole, it was good to avoid it for the most part. The difference in level between our classes and teachers compared to the rest of the school (which was not IB) was abysmal. My brain would have shrivelled up.

But I survived (well, I guess you can call it that). There even used to be an IB students forum where people just complained all the time how their lives were drained and time consumed by it. Good times.

ToK was good, theoretically. It mostly sucked for me because our teachers sucked. They were never willing to discuss my challenges to the blind spot that they had for their arbitrary moral stances. They also didn't appreciate that us last row underachievers read books or played worms in class and always procrastinated our essays and neglected to cite sources properly or in enough quantities. (Seriously lady, if my argument is logically sound, why do I need to waste time finding an appeal to authority so you'll consider it? And fuck that MLA/APA shit.)

I have very fond memories of my physics experiments and teacher, my history/politics discussions, literature and computer science class.

Not math. Never math. :ahh:

Absurdity

Prolific Member
Local time
Today 4:00 AM
-->
I only took one IB course in high school and thought it was too much work so I stuck to AP courses. The kids I knew who went full IB had a lot of work but they are doing well for themselves now (got into schools like Yale, MIT, Georgetown, Berkeley).

Looking back on it now, I wish I'd done it because for me, having a "life" in high school meant drinking and smoking and generally squandering my potential on stupid shit. I managed to get a second chance via community college but it made me miss out on the full "college experience" being a transfer student (and there is a sort of stigma associated with coming from a JC).

TimeAsylums

Prolific Member
Local time
Today 5:00 AM
-->
If you look at your odds so far, Doing 1/+ IB course gives you 100% of being an INTPf moderator.

In seriousness,

I was in highschool 2.5 yr ago

likeliness of having a life is low, but is it that important or relevant to you?

The standard for most people I knew and still know for IB is "I BS."

If you are considering it, it is likely you can measure up to the standards. It's not challenging in the way that writing a doctoral thesis might be, it's challenging in the way that it's a marathon. It's just a lot of fucking work. Obviously I'm assuming you have the capacity to handle the load pre cognitively.

Normal class: oh my god I'm so bored why the fuck did I not do honors or something

Honors: wtf is this bullshit, one extra assignment from nrml?

AP: ugh, I might actually have to study...well, I guess I could learn something interesting while at it...

IB: somewhat relevant to actual college level courses. Work load equivalent if not more to the credit you get for it! and FUCK YEAH SWITZERLAND!!! Fuck intro courses in college, if you get high enough scores, you can get 1.5-2yrs +/- off of college! Silly freshmen who don't know what they want! You've got this. *after a certain period of not going outside due to workload* oh my fucking god why am i doing this...is it worth it...*keeps working*...you will work hard and long. But you reap what you sew, or some bullshit.

but really

do it

They also didn't appreciate that us last row underachievers read books or played [in class and always procrastinated our essays and neglected to cite sources properly or in enough quantities. (Seriously lady, if my argument is logically sound, why do I need to waste time finding an appeal to authority so you'll consider it? And fuck that MLA/APA shit.)

Me and every single one of my best friends in high school ever. Please be my friend :(

Top Bottom