• OK, it's on.
  • Please note that many, many Email Addresses used for spam, are not accepted at registration. Select a respectable Free email.
  • Done now. Domine miserere nobis.

95% Introvert Club

Status
Not open for further replies.

Razare

Local time
Today 3:21 AM
-->
A group for people who answer yes to one of the following three questions:

1 - Do you or did you score at or above 95% introvert on this test?

http://www.mypersonality.info/test-personality/

2 - Do you meet the undiagnosed/diagnosed definition of schizoid?

Schizoid personality disorder (SPD) is a personality disorder characterized by a lack of interest in social relationships, a tendency towards a solitary lifestyle, secretiveness, and emotional coldness.

Schizoid is defined by possessing FOUR of the following characteristics:

1. neither desires nor enjoys close relationships, including being part of a family
2. almost always chooses solitary activities
3. has little, if any, interest in having sexual experiences with another person
4. takes pleasure in few, if any, activities
5. lacks close friends or confidants other than first-degree relatives
6. appears indifferent to the praise or criticism of others
7. shows emotional coldness, detachment, or flattened affectivity

To truly be schizoid I think many psychologists would say, it has to interfere with your life on some level.

3 - Do you want to join the club?

----------------------------------------------

Recluses unite! This is the place to discuss walking the lone road of life.

Who wants to join?

Ermine

is watching and taking notes
Local time
Today 12:21 AM
-->
casually playing guitar in my mental arena
*raises hand* My level of introversion is really high, and often depends on my mood. The badge on my signature was taken on a good day.

Not quite schizoid, though I sometimes come off as such.

Kidege

is a ze
Local time
Today 1:21 AM
-->
I qualify.

*Kidege quietly sits down without looking at anyone*

Kuu

>>Loading
Local time
-->
precisely 95%

though not schizoid.

*sits cross legged on the floor, back against wall, watching the ceiling fan rotate slowly*

Razare

Local time
-->
Yeah the 95% is just a guideline, if you think you qualify, you qualify. Not like we'd make an attempt to keep anyone else out of the club, anyway.

It's the coolest club on the INTP forum, :cool: except for the 95% Gay Club. See those guys that are 95% gay, get swarms of women following them around, each one thinking that they may just be good enough to lure him into being straight. Same goes with the reverse, except the male's motivation is that they think they may wind up in a threesome with two girls.

We can't really compete with that, but we have that air of solitude that makes people intrigued.

Artifice Orisit

I resent the terms "schizoid" and "lonely"

Schizoid is a label, (often derogatory) imposed upon us against our will.
Just because a person has dark skin doesn’t mean you can call them a black man.

Lonely should be replaced with lone; since it's stereotyping to assume just because I'm a loner that I have ever felt lonely... unless loneliness is another word for boredom, then I rescind my point.

The Fury

is licking himself.
Local time
Today 7:21 AM
-->
Well I scored over 95% but I'm not that much of an introvert, I like meeting people, going out with friends to the pub and that sort of stuff. I don't even mind parties as long as I know a few people there. I'm much more an introvert though. If I have a choice between staying at home reading and going to a party, I'll stay at home.

Razare

Local time
-->
Funnily, I am presented with the choice of going to a party this weekend. I will be attending it because it would be an insult to my friend by not going.

Now here's the interesting debate that's going on in my head... what should I do at the party (it's at a night club)?

I'm thinking of sitting at the bar and drinking shots while everyone gossips. This begs another question... what sort of shots should I be drinking?

I don't drink enough to have figured out what is my favorite.

The Fury

is licking himself.
Local time
-->
Damn, I suggest you just cut your leg off, it's a great excuse to avoid nightclubs, family reunions or romantic comedies.

If you're set on going and drinking yourself to oblivion then I suggest shots of whiskey. If you don't have the constitution for it then it'll rend you unconscious in minutes.

Ogion

Paladin of Patience
Local time
Today 8:21 AM
-->
Count me in as well *raises hand

And i would also say that i don't think i am schoizoid, since that is a mental illness (officially) even though i share to a degree most of the terms. I would just use the word loner. I like to be alone and, even thoough i can fare well in a social setting (being INTP-chamaeleon) i prefer it very much to be alone.

Ogion, who aspires to someday become a hermit ;)

Razare

Local time
-->
Schizoid is just the term some psychologist gets paid money to label people with.

Schizoids would usually not think anything is wrong with themselves and therefore it's arguably not a mental illness. Their family are usually the ones that this causes stress for, especially the Sensing/Judging types because this non-social behavior just isn't socially acceptable!

I just use the term jokingly, and anyone who considers themselves a schizoid is welcome here, though few schizoids would.

Technically speaking, whether you are or not depends on whether a psychologist would be inclined to give you that label in a session with them. They likely would for many of us as this gives them a problem to "fix" which results in them earning money.

PS - I'll try a shot of whisky.

Ermine

Local time
-->
Never been to a nightclub and I don't plan to start, but I bet it would be some fun people watching. Just sit around and take notes. Either that or dance like a madman.

Razare

Local time
-->
If you're in your college years yet, Ermine, you should go to a night club once and try it out. I'm not saying you'll like it, just it's an experience. You usually don't have to talk much either because the music is so friggen loud no one can hear you, so you just shout a couple words now and then.

Sapphire Harp

Local time
-->
I resent the terms "schizoid" and "lonely"

Schizoid is a label, (often derogatory) imposed upon us against our will.
Just because a person has dark skin doesn’t mean you can call them a black man.

Lonely should be replaced with lone; since it's stereotyping to assume just because I'm a loner that I have ever felt lonely... unless loneliness is another word for boredom, then I rescind my point.

I'm rather inclined to use "solitary", myself. How does that jive with you guys?

And, yea... I'm definitely 95-100% introvert... it's particularly rough some days - tonight in particular. I was not going to make the emotive cut for the opening night party.

Tyria

Ryuusa bakuryuu
Local time
-->
Try everything out. You'll find what you like and don't like quickly.

Ogion

Paladin of Patience
Local time
-->
SapphireHarp: "solitary" reminds me of that great song from Johnny Cash "Solitary Man" ;)

Ogion

chocolate

Local time
-->
No.
No.
No.

I suppose I'll just come hang out here on my introvert days, the days when I cancel parties and get bothered by the noise of people talking. But what do we do here? (if you must speak, please don't speak too loudly btw; I don't like it).

Razare

Local time
-->
you're welcome anytime, choc

humans like to belong, so the purpose of this place is to provide a group for those without one... i guess?

As for activities, I think we could just find topics to talk about related to introversion. It's either that or we decide to amass an army of genius introverts, and attempt to hack into the Cog Empire mainframe to thwart their plans of world domination.

tom

sihadiya
Local time
-->
I would join. But im too introverted.

Jesin

Prolific Member
Local time
-->
Funnily, I am presented with the choice of going to a party this weekend. I will be attending it because it would be an insult to my friend by not going.

Now here's the interesting debate that's going on in my head... what should I do at the party (it's at a night club)?

I'm thinking of sitting at the bar and drinking shots while everyone gossips. This begs another question... what sort of shots should I be drinking?

I don't drink enough to have figured out what is my favorite.

Rather than sitting and drinking shots, how about sitting and reading a book?

Deleted member 1424

Why bother socializing when I have a perfectly good computer and the whole internet at my disposal? There are a specific few persons that I enjoy being around though; especially if there is alcohol and DDR involved.:D

Deleted member 1424

No, we have to much P for stuff like that. We can however enslave the INTJs to do it for us.

Razare

Local time
-->
jarred, kia, and snoop, come here... I got a task for you. ;) The world will soon be ours. *Evilly laughs as his glasses gleam off the computer screen.*

Rather than sitting and drinking shots, how about sitting and reading a book?

Haha... no. This is a girl's birthday party who is a good friend of mine. She is an ESFJ, the good kind. Can you imagine how insulting she would find me reading a book at her nightclub party? Not to mention her boyfriend, who I'm kinda friends with would think I have a few screws loose. Which I probably do, but I don't go around flaunting it.

bdubs

Local time
-->
I had taken that test several months ago and scored a 95%. I thought that must have been too high, so I just took it again and scored a 100%. I suppose I'll join this club.:phear:

ArcusDog

Local time
-->
Isn't it sort of ironic to have a club of introverts who scored a 95% on the introvert exam?

I'm in.

Count me in for world domination as well...starting tomorrow.

*walks in and sits in the furthest, darkest corner, carefully avoiding eye contact with everyone. A wasted effort since everyone else is doing the same*

snowqueen

mysteriously benevolent
Local time
-->
I'm not that high on the Mypersonality test, but I am 100% on the Paragon one. But I am 100% P which is why I've reluctantly realised I need to interact with Js at work to help me realise my projects. Though mostly I have found quite friendly ones who want to support me.

147096.png

snowqueen

mysteriously benevolent
Local time
-->
I don't get that high for introversion - though I get 100% on the Paragon test.

I do get 100% for P though which is why I've reluctantly realised I need to get the support of Js at work to help realise my projects and keep me on track - though mostly they are pretty friendly towards me as I bring in money to the university!

Having a very high N and P is probably why I am a 'synthetic' visionary on the Actual Me test rather than an 'analytic' visionary.

Anthile

Steel marks flesh
Local time
-->
That's interesting. I never saw someone with 100% P before. When I think about it, there aren't many people out there with a strong P or J. Or to put it better, I didn't see them.

severus

Local time
-->
I'll join. I have been having mini-breakdowns recently due to a large (actually, small) amounts of time spent around other people.

snowqueen

mysteriously benevolent
Local time
-->
I'll join. I have been having mini-breakdowns recently due to a large (actually, small) amounts of time spent around other people.

The tiny bit of F I have feels for you :(:(

severus

Local time
-->
Ha, well thank you. Quite pathetic, but that's introversion for you. ;)

Razare

Local time
-->
Well at that party a few weeks back I stuck to my guns and lived up to my title as founder of the introvert club.

I didn't dance.

I didn't get drunk.

I didn't have fun.

I hardly talked to anyone because the music was loud.

I didn't play pool.

I left early.

:D

QSR

Local time
-->
Well at that party a few weeks back I stuck to my guns and lived up to my title as founder of the introvert club.

I didn't dance.

I didn't get drunk.

I didn't have fun.

I hardly talked to anyone because the music was loud.

I didn't play pool.

I left early.

:D

I think I see what your problem is here.

Razare

Local time
-->
Well I was in my school routine and had woken up at like 7 AM that day.

Soon as I started consuming alcohol at about 6 to 7 PM, it just made me drowsy. Now, I know what I really need to do when this happens, take 3 shots in a row. My problem is I am built thick... thick bones, surrounded by thick muscle, surrounded by fat, so for me to get drunk it takes a bit. Just drinking doesn't get me there, only hardcore stuff drunken quickly.

The Fury

is licking himself.
Local time
-->
So for me to get drunk it takes a bit. Just drinking doesn't get me there, only hardcore stuff drunken quickly.

Why didn't you drink the hardcore stuff then?

For me it's the other way round, stuff like whiskey and vodka barely have an effect on me but after four pints of beer, I'm on the floor dancing.

brain enclosed in flesh

Local time
-->
95% as well, but only one of the schizoids.

Although I took some other test about mental illness and schizoid was my highest one. Does that count?

I used to get drunk a lot. Now it's not fun anymore. Now that it's no longer fun, I really have little clue as to how to socialize, or have the desire.

Enne

Consistently Inconsistent
Local time
-->
*sneaks in*

drumir93

Local time
Today 2:21 AM
-->
I got 100% introverted, and it shows. I've lurked on this site since October or so, made an account in December, and continued to lurk for 5 months before making my first post, and 6 before making my first thread which I almost didn't do because I figured no one cared what I had to say anyway.

I DON'T have a personality disorder though, what I have is a personality. Just because it's uncommon doesn't mean it's a false way to think.

Fedayeen

Prolific Member
Local time
-->
I find this club rather ironic.

Joining a club isn't a very introverted thing to do. So by joining the club you become less introverted, and therefore making you no longer fit the qualifications to be a member of the club.

Ermine

Local time
-->
Introversion doesn't say much about the level of sociability. And introverts are generally influenced by society to be less introverted, so it works out.

100% introvert here.

severus

Local time
-->
I DON'T have a personality disorder though, what I have is a personality. Just because it's uncommon doesn't mean it's a false way to think.
Very nicely put.
We've just got too many drugs to buy, doctors to see, psychologists to go to...
---
When I was a (younger) child I was very extroverted. During middle school (12-13 years old, about), I became introverted. By eighth grade (14yrs) I had stopped hanging out with friends, except when I was invited along with the old Group. The summer afterwards and the first half of my freshman year I hung out with absolutely no one. The second half, I found someone who thought like I do (ENTP), and I am very slowly growing closer to her.

The sharp "decline" into introversion felt wonderful to me. 'Finally I don't have to worry about making plans with people, about having nothing to say to them!' But I was made to feel that this new introversion was wrong, and unhealthy. Even after I found out I was an INTP, I still felt that I was "too much" of an I. I felt like I had to come up with excuses for not socializing. I felt like I was doomed to Fail Life.

Only recently have I just realised--it's okay to be introverted. What a novel idea! It's almost embarassing how long it took me to accept that I was (if I'd let myself be) happy with my extreme introversion. That there was nothing wrong or unhealthy about it. That it was just Different.

I go through waves of it now. Hang out with family, then spend the next couple days avoiding everyone. Talk to my friend, then take some "time off." This is the way it was meant to be, I think.
---
:)

EloquentBohemian

MysticDragon
Local time
-->
Do you or did you score at or above 95% introvert on this test?
I consistently score at 100%: http://www.mypersonality.info/eloquentbohemian/

Do you meet the undiagnosed/diagnosed definition of schizoid?
Yes to these with revisions....

1. not enjoy close relationships, including being part of a family
2. almost always chooses solitary activities
4. takes pleasure in few, if any, activities
5. lacks close friends or confidants
6. appears indifferent to the praise or criticism of others
7. shows emotional coldness, detachment, or flattened affectivity

Do you want to join the club?
Sure. It'll be just another social function I can avoid. :rolleyes:

Ulysses

Banned
Local time
-->
k seriously now...

I don't get how some forum members can post an entire essay on their thoughts and feelings. I've written a couple myself, but I always scrap them when I'm done writing. The idea of sharing my thoughts and feelings with people I don't know personally seems silly to me.

Why do you guys do it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom