INTP Forum  

Go Back   INTP Forum > Quality Control > Crime & Punishment

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 11th-March-2016, 05:30 AM   #101
Grayman
Me^1
 
Grayman's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: US of A
Posts: 3,959
windows_98_nt_2000safari
Default Re: how big of a piece of shit am i

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheScornedReflex View Post
Use wrdz I cn undrstnd dawg. Ur brain 2 bg.

What have you given the forum today except a bunch of bitching?

Wasn't that minty fresh enough for you? Maybe I should pull out my Trump card?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IOqtra7j6UM

Are you on your knees yet?
__________________
My body is just a battery for robots.
Grayman is offline  
Old 11th-March-2016, 09:16 AM   #102
TheScornedReflex
(Per) Version of a truth.
 
TheScornedReflex's Avatar
 

Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 1,899
linuxsafari
Default Re: how big of a piece of shit am i

I love this forum sometimes
__________________
Look what they do to you. Look what they do to me. Must be joking if you think that either one is free.
TheScornedReflex is offline  
Old 11th-March-2016, 01:45 PM   #103
zerkalo
.
 
zerkalo's Avatar
 

Join Date: Feb 2015
Location: the Purgatory
Posts: 1,530
windows_98_nt_2000safari
Default Re: how big of a piece of shit am i

im not seeing anything wrong or "excessively vicious" in red baron's posts here tbh...i am an emotionally retarded xbox licking 13 year old greasy boy named kevin
__________________
Have read little and understood less.
zerkalo is offline  
Old 11th-March-2016, 02:15 PM   #104
Yellow
for the glory of satan
 
Yellow's Avatar
 

Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: 127.0.0.1
Posts: 2,794
windows_98_nt_2000firefox
Default Re: how big of a piece of shit am i

ZERKALO'S BACK!!

Hey Zerg, how's life been?
__________________
Consider me a dandelion.
Yellow is offline  
Old 11th-March-2016, 02:55 PM   #105
Helvete
ironshirt
 

Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: In the flesh.
Posts: 1,480
linuxsafari
Default Re: how big of a piece of shit am i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yellow View Post
ZERKALO'S BACK!!

Hey Zerg, how's life been?
It's Kevin.
Helvete is offline  
Old 11th-March-2016, 03:04 PM   #106
Grayman
Me^1
 
Grayman's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: US of A
Posts: 3,959
windows_xp_2003safari
Default Re: how big of a piece of shit am i

Quote:
Originally Posted by zerkalo View Post
im not seeing anything wrong or "excessively vicious" in red baron's posts here tbh...i am an emotionally retarded xbox licking 13 year old greasy boy named kevin
It not your fault that you are ignorant of red barons history but it is pretty retarded that you would think your ignorant opinion mattered.
__________________
My body is just a battery for robots.
Grayman is offline  
Old 11th-March-2016, 03:21 PM   #107
Jennywocky
Large tracts of fivehead
 
Jennywocky's Avatar
 

Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Charn
Posts: 10,063
windows_98_nt_2000mozilla
Question Re: how big of a piece of shit am i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grayman View Post
It not your fault that you are ignorant of red barons history but it is pretty retarded that you would think your ignorant opinion mattered.
Wait, is this or the other thread the insult thread?

Or maybe it's a twofer?
__________________
... My toast is dark and full of terrors.
Jennywocky is offline  
Old 11th-March-2016, 03:24 PM   #108
Grayman
Me^1
 
Grayman's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: US of A
Posts: 3,959
windows_xp_2003safari
Default Re: how big of a piece of shit am i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jennywocky View Post
Wait, is this or the other thread the insult thread?

Or maybe it's a twofer?
This is the refreshing honesty thread. The other thread is about random insults.
__________________
My body is just a battery for robots.
Grayman is offline  
Old 11th-March-2016, 03:26 PM   #109
zerkalo
.
 
zerkalo's Avatar
 

Join Date: Feb 2015
Location: the Purgatory
Posts: 1,530
windows_98_nt_2000safari
Default Re: how big of a piece of shit am i

hi
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grayman View Post
Iit is pretty retarded that you would think your ignorant opinion mattered.
how rude!!!! jsyk, everything you post is meaningless if it's free from my contemplation
__________________
Have read little and understood less.
zerkalo is offline  
Old 11th-March-2016, 03:29 PM   #110
Brontosaurie
Banned
 

Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 5,650
windows_98_nt_2000safari
Default Re: how big of a piece of shit am i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grayman View Post
It not your fault that you are ignorant of red barons history but it is pretty retarded that you would think your ignorant opinion mattered.
Brontosaurie is offline  
Old 11th-March-2016, 03:32 PM   #111
Jennywocky
Large tracts of fivehead
 
Jennywocky's Avatar
 

Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Charn
Posts: 10,063
windows_98_nt_2000mozilla
Default Re: how big of a piece of shit am i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grayman View Post
This is the refreshing honesty thread. The other thread is about random insults.
Maybe this is the random honesty thread and the other one is the refreshing insult thread.
__________________
... My toast is dark and full of terrors.
Jennywocky is offline  
Old 11th-March-2016, 03:52 PM   #112
Grayman
Me^1
 
Grayman's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: US of A
Posts: 3,959
windows_xp_2003safari
Default Re: how big of a piece of shit am i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jennywocky View Post
Maybe this is the random honesty thread and the other one is the refreshing insult thread.
I figure if the mods leave an obvious troll thread open then it must be unspoken approval of any resultant consequences, such as myself trolling the thread, of leaving such a thread open. This way I don't have to take responsibility for my own actions.
__________________
My body is just a battery for robots.
Grayman is offline  
Old 11th-March-2016, 04:04 PM   #113
Jennywocky
Large tracts of fivehead
 
Jennywocky's Avatar
 

Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Charn
Posts: 10,063
windows_98_nt_2000mozilla
Default Re: how big of a piece of shit am i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grayman View Post
I figure if the mods leave an obvious troll thread open then it must be unspoken approval of any resultant consequences, such as myself trolling the thread, of leaving such a thread open. This way I don't have to take responsibility for my own actions.
...Maybe they are just honey-potting, braniac.



heeeeelp meeeee..... heeeeelp meeeeeee
__________________
... My toast is dark and full of terrors.
Jennywocky is offline  
Old 11th-March-2016, 04:45 PM   #114
Artsu Tharaz
Resident Resident
 
Artsu Tharaz's Avatar
 

Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 2,475
windows_98_nt_2000safari
Default Re: how big of a piece of shit am i

Well, let's just say, that if this were a competition, you'd be number two.
Artsu Tharaz is offline  
Old 11th-March-2016, 05:07 PM   #115
Grayman
Me^1
 
Grayman's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: US of A
Posts: 3,959
windows_xp_2003safari
Default Re: how big of a piece of shit am i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jennywocky View Post
...Maybe they are just honey-potting, braniac.



heeeeelp meeeee..... heeeeelp meeeeeee

They won't do nothing. They are bunch of pussies. Redbaron has been doing shit like this since he has been here. He trolled Sinny the moment she walked through the door dor days. Her looking for a way to incriminate him is largely a response to his bullshit over the course of time.
__________________
My body is just a battery for robots.
Grayman is offline  
Old 12th-March-2016, 09:45 PM   #116
TheScornedReflex
(Per) Version of a truth.
 
TheScornedReflex's Avatar
 

Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 1,899
linuxsafari
Default Re: how big of a piece of shit am i

I like how you rally against RB and now you sound like him. Hypocrite lol.
__________________
Look what they do to you. Look what they do to me. Must be joking if you think that either one is free.
TheScornedReflex is offline  
Old 12th-March-2016, 10:00 PM   #117
Blarraun
straightedgy
 

Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: someplace windswept
Posts: 4,124
windows_xp_2003firefox
Default Re: how big of a piece of shit am i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grayman View Post
It not your fault that you are ignorant of red barons history but it is pretty retarded that you would think your ignorant opinion mattered.
Yeah, this applies to anyone who isn't a mod. (Or in other words to people who don't know Sinny, RB, history, situation, are biased, etc. there's a paragraph for everyone)

And it's hilariously true .
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grayman View Post
They won't do nothing. They are bunch of pussies. Redbaron has been doing shit like this since he has been here. He trolled Sinny the moment she walked through the door dor days. Her looking for a way to incriminate him is largely a response to his bullshit over the course of time.
This is also (at times regrettably) true.

RB can keep doing whatever the fuck he wants because he is the 3dg3 m4st3r level 3l33t.
Blarraun is offline  
Old 13th-March-2016, 01:14 AM   #118
Kuu
Now wearing sunglasses at night
 
Kuu's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: In the metaverse
Posts: 3,253
macossafari
Default Re: how big of a piece of shit am i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grayman View Post
While that explains your stance regards to this situation it does not explain your reaction which is a reaction you often resort to. Instead of explaining it in one post you call a person stupid and ignorant in several.
This is what our conflict with redbaron boils down to, every time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by redbaron View Post
The only sane responses to such an outrage are, "why the fuck are you reading the thread?" or, "obviously it's a fucking joke."
They're not the only sane responses; just the ones you prefer.

It's a shit thread, so I'm gonna throw shit, is indeed herd logic. The contrarian opinion, that perhaps we shouldn't throw shit even if everyone is doing it, is actually very thread relevant and not stupid, even if the lamentation of people's behaviour is perhaps idealistically naive.

Spoiler:

Quote:
Originally Posted by redbaron View Post
Be sure to post this to your Tumblr account and add an angry looking emoticon to it. Add sepia tone to induce further knee-jerk reactions from other Tumblrerers while you're at it.

On a serious note, I think I read Sinny's post 2 days ago and didn't even bother replying until Sinny kept on responding to Bronto as if he too had done something wrong in this thread.

Excessively vicious? Holy shit I'm literally in awe of how absurdly warped your perceptions on this are. But just to satisfy your urges:

- Yes I'm 13
- My dad took away my Xbox and now I'm venting on the internet, also my mum's an alcoholic and I'm neglected so this is a cry for help

Feel better yet Kuu?

Other ways to make what point? That it's fucking moronic to complain about the lack of decorum in a thread basically designed to be satirical and provocative? Should we apologize for our lack of etiquette and submit ourselves to being a bunch of humourless dregs like Sinny instead? Maybe next time I'll try something like this:

Oh, haha no sorry if that offended you that's not at all what I meant!!
I was just trolling because this thread was all about trolling, I thought OP wanted people to roast him so I was just giving him a really vicious one cos he'd find it funny!!

I understand suicide is absolutely a serious issue in our society and I definitely don't want anybody to commit suicide ever!!!

Really sorry if anyone was offended, peace and love to all and remember to keep your Bleach in a high cupboard with a lock on it so that small children can't reach it!!!!! <3<3<3

#thinkofthechildren #suicideisaseriousissue #lovehumans #peacenotwar #UFOs #Nazis #Aliens #sunisactuallyhollow #earthisflat #boobs

Spoiler:
Just kidding - fuck off, thought police.


Expected rhetorical reply to rhetorical questions. You always have a choice to de-escalate hostility but you chose not to and instead double down, invariably. You still didn't answer the important question. What do you hope to achieve? Is ridicule the best way to achieve it? What does ridicule achieve?

Quote:
Originally Posted by redbaron View Post
In any case the only real argument anyone has made against anything I've said is that I was, "too mean" which is about as herd mentality as you can get - "forget the content, let's all have a big meltdown and lose our fucking minds because someone said a swear word!!!"
This is a gross misrepresentation of the point. The point is that choosing obviously inflammatory remarks destroys conversation, which is presumably the reason we're all here, right? It is not a moral argument, it is a pragmatic argument. Claiming it is a PC issue is a strawman. Sinny was the first to try to turn this otherwise garbage heap of a thread into an interesting conversation (which sometimes happens on shit threads)... until you destroyed it with some unnecessary flame you dragged in because you're carrying a chip on your shoulder, which makes the following quite ironic:

Quote:
Originally Posted by redbaron View Post
Are we really going to sink into character slandering here?
Quote:
Originally Posted by redbaron View Post
Don't go to a George Carlin show if you don't want to hear crass satire.
Last time I heard this is INTPforum, not the George Carlin show. Perhaps don't come to INTPforum if it's not what you want and the thought police are after you?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blarraun View Post
Kuu called you out in a way that invites angry replies and wasn't respectful and you continued to act just the way he described you. Regardless whether it was your irony or not, you have a choice all the time
Precisely. I thought you liked crass satire? I was a dick deliberately. Didn't get us anywhere better did it? Just more garbage as we both know that's how it plays out.

But I suspect fuck off would have been the gist of your reply regardless of my wording, based on previous experience...

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheScornedReflex View Post
RB and Bronto bad cause they say things people don't like/can't handle?
No, they bad because they know people will react negatively to their chosen method of communication yet chose to do so with the foreknowledge that instead of the intelligent conversation they constantly whine about not being able to have, all they will get is another flame war, like the endless times it has happened. The tactical advantages of crass satire are strategic net-negatives on the long term. We've told them so many times I've lost count. They're either incapable or unwilling to consider our point, for whatever reasons. In the first case, constantly pursuing a self-defeating method seems pretty stupid to me. On the second case, it's childish and like Gopher said, emotionally retarded.

We've given them a lot of slack because, contrary to the perpetual accusations aimed at the mods, we're actually not a thought police, nor trying to enforce some ridiculous PC agenda. I've said it plenty of times previously: I'm often in agreement with their reasoning. I still respect their intelligence even if they keep spitting in my face (but its hard to have a serious discussion then); thus my support of Sinny's point on civility in conversation.

It is the utterly ineffective method of communication which we are against: sabotaging their message and generating an undesired hostile forum atmosphere. Between me being busy IRL and having to deal with this forum BS with exhausting frequency, I find it very discouraging to participate here much anymore, and I'm sure I'm not alone in this. I try to genuinely communicate with people here and put a serious effort into writing my posts on matters I care about, but why bother when many people are content to reply with one-liner snark at best, and turning into grudges and shit-flinging contests at worst?

In fact it is out of respect that we have yet to ban; we (perhaps misguidedly) believe they're capable of learning and engaging the forum differently. Just because we have a hammer doesn't mean all problems are nails. Alas, that hope seems to be inexorably eroded over time. Eventually our extreme patience will finally run out, when we judge (arbitrarily, like the petty tyrants we are) the lack of respect they have for the forum, its users and admins has outweighted the perceived net value of their contributions.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheScornedReflex View Post
I like how you rally against RB and now you sound like him. Hypocrite lol.
Crass satire. Exemplifying its shortcomings. Excellently, considering you totally failed to get the message.
__________________
Those people who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do Asimov

Spoiler:
Kuu is offline  
Old 13th-March-2016, 03:20 AM   #119
zerkalo
.
 
zerkalo's Avatar
 

Join Date: Feb 2015
Location: the Purgatory
Posts: 1,530
linuxsafari
Default Re: how big of a piece of shit am i

such mod
Much wise
Wow
Stop being diarrhetic drama Queens ffs
__________________
Have read little and understood less.
zerkalo is offline  
Old 13th-March-2016, 03:44 AM   #120
redbaron
fuck
 
redbaron's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: 38S 145E
Posts: 5,954
windows_98_nt_2000firefox
Default Re: how big of a piece of shit am i

Just gonna respond to this part since it's what addresses the root of the whole discussion about what, "herd logic" apparently is.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuu
It's a shit thread, so I'm gonna throw shit, is indeed herd logic.
LOL that's the shittiest justification I've ever read. Doing things you enjoy in their intended context isn't herd logic.

I suppose going to a cafe to drink coffee is herd logic. God forbid someone goes to the movies, buys popcorn and watches a movie - that's herd logic!

Seriously if this is where your argument stems, I can't even. Posting in a satirical thread with satire because you enjoy satire, isn't herd logic. It's doing something you enjoy, and in this instance more than one person happened to enjoy it. That doesn't make it a herd, there's 7billion fucking humans on Earth - interests are going to overlap.

The thing that makes something, "herd logic" is when you do it just because other people are doing it. Which isn't what anyone's doing (as far as I can tell). We enjoy satire so we engage in satire.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuu
The contrarian opinion, that perhaps we shouldn't throw shit even if everyone is doing it, is actually very thread relevant and not stupid, even if the lamentation of people's behaviour is perhaps idealistically naive.
It's not even contrarian and it doesn't even reflect on people's actual attitudes either. As explained above, the things being said in this thread were not being said just because others are doing it.

The entire fucking problem that you and Sinny perceive, doesn't exist in this scenario.The first strawman came from Sinny and her ilk in the first place, when they fail to understand the intent or motivation of the people posting in the thread, and just because they don't understand, they condemn. That's the fucking herd mentality right there.

Sinny even admitted to this herself, after I posted my breakdown of what was going on. As evidenced by this post:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinny91
Wish I believed you, but I just think you're a nasty individual... you never pass up the opportunity to demonstrate your nastiness.

The guy hadnt even completed half his trolling, and your first thoughts stoop so low as to bleach... your brains obviously trained to think that way.
She's either incapable or unwilling to actually understand the intent behind the posts, and recognize the context of the thread. As a result, she takes the super lazy approach to the thread by simply assuming that, "no, this person (and others) are just nasty!"

So she condemns people because she doesn't understand them. Wow, that's unexpected!

Quote:
Originally Posted by zerkalo
such mod
Much wise
Wow
Stop being diarrhetic drama Queens ffs
But lack of decorum! Contrarian opinions! Herd logic!

='( ='(
redbaron is offline  
Old 13th-March-2016, 03:50 AM   #121
TheScornedReflex
(Per) Version of a truth.
 
TheScornedReflex's Avatar
 

Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 1,899
linuxsafari
Default Re: how big of a piece of shit am i

Lol totally did miss it
__________________
Look what they do to you. Look what they do to me. Must be joking if you think that either one is free.
TheScornedReflex is offline  
Old 13th-March-2016, 09:34 AM   #122
Blarraun
straightedgy
 

Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: someplace windswept
Posts: 4,124
windows_xp_2003firefox
Default Re: how big of a piece of shit am i

Quote:
Originally Posted by redbaron View Post
She's either incapable or unwilling to actually understand the intent behind the posts, and recognize the context of the thread. As a result, she takes the super lazy approach to the thread by simply assuming that, "no, this person (and others) are just nasty!"
Whatever she did, every participant sets their own context of the thread. You're still following that egocentric assumption that just because the herd was using crass satire, she should do something to fit in.

It also does nothing to justify the insults she received from you.
Quote:
Originally Posted by redbaron View Post
So she condemns people because she doesn't understand them. Wow, that's unexpected!
Wow, guess what? You condemn her because you can't understand her either.

Somehow you chose to conveniently ignore the remainder of Kuu's post addressing your vitriolic behaviour. Speaking to you may be pointless.
Blarraun is offline  
Old 13th-March-2016, 09:50 AM   #123
crippli
disturbed
 

Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 1,618
windows_98_nt_2000safari
Default Re: how big of a piece of shit am i

I find that this thread becomes interesting if one switch shit with math.
crippli is offline  
Old 13th-March-2016, 12:23 PM   #124
redbaron
fuck
 
redbaron's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: 38S 145E
Posts: 5,954
windows_98_nt_2000firefox
Default Re: how big of a piece of shit am i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blarraun
Whatever she did, every participant sets their own context of the thread. You're still following that egocentric assumption that just because the herd was using crass satire, she should do something to fit in.
So why do we split threads when they're, "derailed" if everyone sets their own context? Oh right, because actually no, every participant doesn't just set their own context of the thread - somewhere in most threads there's a common denominator where actual context can be derived.

Pretty impressive subjectivist mental gymnastics though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blarraun
Wow, guess what? You condemn her because you can't understand her either.
No I actually understand Sinny and still think she's an idiot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blarraun
Somehow you chose to conveniently ignore the remainder of Kuu's post addressing your vitriolic behaviour. Speaking to you may be pointless.
The whole basis of Kuu's argument stems from the fact that he thinks Sinny was making 'good conversation' and I shut her down unfairly. I'm just pointing out that it was actually really shitty conversation.
redbaron is offline  
Old 13th-March-2016, 12:52 PM   #125
Blarraun
straightedgy
 

Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: someplace windswept
Posts: 4,124
windows_xp_2003firefox
Default Re: how big of a piece of shit am i

Quote:
Originally Posted by redbaron View Post
So why do we split threads when they're, "derailed" if everyone sets their own context?
This is bs and you know it. We are talking about a spam thread without a set topic where everyone was free to choose whatever they wanted and were invited by the OP to do so.

Yet you still cling to the idea that your interpretation of the OP is the only true way of engaging in here. It's also important to note that Sinny's and others criticism about herd mentality and your behaviour goes beyond this one thread and you also decided to judge Sinny's entirety of forum existence and value so it's not like only one side extended its influence beyond this topic.
Quote:
Originally Posted by redbaron View Post
The whole basis of Kuu's argument stems from the fact that he thinks Sinny was making 'good conversation' and I shut her down unfairly. I'm just pointing out that it was actually really shitty conversation.
Wasn't objectively any more shitty than anything you managed to achieve here and you decided to start a war and sling some mud being in the relative safety of your logical justification for participating here.
Blarraun is offline  
Old 13th-March-2016, 05:02 PM   #126
higs
I solemnly swear that I am up to no good
 
higs's Avatar
 

Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Armchair
Posts: 1,406
macossafari
Default Re: how big of a piece of shit am i

Quote:
Originally Posted by zerkalo View Post
such mod
Much wise
Wow
Stop being diarrhetic drama Queens ffs
Yessss brilliant. Carry on.
__________________
I try my best to be just like I am, but everybody wants you to be just like them
higs is offline  
Old 13th-March-2016, 05:46 PM   #127
Puffy
Demon Alpaca Overlord
 
Puffy's Avatar
 

Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: SOON
Posts: 2,685
macossafari
Default Re: how big of a piece of shit am i

This was hardly a valuable thread to have been derailed; any argument that a thread called "how big of a piece of shit am i" could have become meaningful is unlikely. That it would turn to shit is predictable and it could have been closed with the op's banning avoiding this.

Sinny called rb a fucking loser. rb responded by called sinny stupid. Regardless of history he didn't start anything here, he was participating in the thread, and she was looking for an excuse to passively attack him as she doesn't like him. He used her post as an excuse to attack her as he doesn't like her.

People naturally act defensive in response to perceived hostility and will defend a weak or irrational point in the face of such (even if they know they're wrong) just to save face. If I had to critique rb I'd say that sometimes an aggressive approach will inherently provoke defensive responses and prevent open communication from happening. It also means you get interpreted as the source of problems and ganging up happens like here because you become identified with the conflict, even if the source of the problem that created the conflict precedes your involvement.

rb's a quality poster overall, and I don't see how banning him temp or otherwise would improve forum quality.
__________________

Puffy is offline  
Old 13th-March-2016, 06:02 PM   #128
Brontosaurie
Banned
 

Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 5,650
windows_98_nt_2000safari
Default Re: how big of a piece of shit am i

WOW HOW STUCK UP CAN YOU GET

@Kuu, Blarraun

THE THREAD IS MADE FOR CALLING THE DUDE AN ASSHOLE FOR FUCK SAKE, GET REAL AND STOP BITCHING AT LENGTH AND IN SCHOLASTIC DETAIL ABOUT NOTHING JUST SO YOU CAN LOOK WISE AND MATURE TO YOURSELVES, WTF
Brontosaurie is offline  
Old 13th-March-2016, 06:39 PM   #129
Kuu
Now wearing sunglasses at night
 
Kuu's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: In the metaverse
Posts: 3,253
macossafari
Default Re: how big of a piece of shit am i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puffy View Post
rb's a quality poster overall, and I don't see how banning him temp or otherwise would improve forum quality.
Let's not jump to conclusions. While this thread is a indeed a minor example, it is not an isolated event. Just like RB and Bronto feels he has to loudly call out every example of stupidity he finds, we actually have to call out behaviours that are detrimental according to mods. Flaming (and flame baiting) are unacceptable.

There is a RB issue, just like there is a Sinny issue, and a long standing Bronto issue; and we're trying to find a way to resolve them without the banhammer. We can't have otherwise reasonable people jumping at each other's throats every other week and not say anything about it.

How can we maintain diversity of thought while minimising (moderating) conflict? Suggestions are welcome. A ban is usually the defeat of reason, and the only recourse left when one can't be persuaded with words. We're not there, yet. I'm sure you're aware this whole diplomatic effort could just be abandonded and bunch of people banned and the whole matter pushed under a rug. That would be easy. That would save us a lot of time and energy. We're making an effort here. But will they ever meet us half-way?

I'm done with this thread...
__________________
Those people who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do Asimov

Spoiler:
Kuu is offline  
Old 13th-March-2016, 06:58 PM   #130
Brontosaurie
Banned
 

Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 5,650
windows_98_nt_2000safari
Default Re: how big of a piece of shit am i

NEITHER OF US DID ANYTHING WRONG IN THIS THREAD THOUGH, BECAUSE IT WAS MADE TO PROVOKE NASTINESS IN PLAYFUL SPIRIT

You may want to bring our previous bad behaviors up for some reason (personally i would consider it unwise moderation practice though) but don't pretend it's a relevant subject matter. Being falsely accused makes people pissed off, so redbaron responds accordingly. That's not proof of anything, certainly not proof that Sinny had any point whatsoever. You're just jumping at any chance to say some preachy stuff and come off as a sensible, thoughtful guy - treating everyone else like retarded children in the process. This thread was made for playful insults! Everything you've said is contingent on denial of this SIMPLE FACT. Just stop it! Oh, right, you already did. Thank you. Maybe you could be honest about the reason for stopping: How ridiculous and wrong your position was.
Brontosaurie is offline  
Old 13th-March-2016, 07:11 PM   #131
Grayman
Me^1
 
Grayman's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: US of A
Posts: 3,959
windows_98_nt_2000safari
Default Re: how big of a piece of shit am i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puffy View Post

rb's a quality poster overall, and I don't see how banning him temp or otherwise would improve forum quality.
I have trouble seeing how you come to this conclusion but likely we use different standards to judge quality. Posts like Yellow's, although extensive, are of high quality in my opinion. There is a lot of objectivity and when an biased argument is posed it is given as a stated opinion and not as fact. This format makes it easy to learn from and to formulate opinions from.

Redbaron, in the past, has provided a more of detail in his post. He currently does not substantiate then with enough facts or takes too long to get there. In times like this he shows he is fully of capable of doing so but chooses not to. It is his own admission that he does not post quality posts because he is irritated or feels it is pointless specifically when he feels that the person he is posting to would not understand. But this is a forum and regardless of who you are talking to we all are reading it and I believe he does himself a disservice when he fails to meet up with his own standards.

Further evaluation of what I have seen would show that his posts contain a lot of conclusions and opinions that he does not substantiate while Sinny provides a lot of information behind her opinions so that others can try to understand her position. My world view is vastly different from Sinny's and this makes me want to reject her opinions outright. RB's posts more often align with my worldview and as well as others on this forum and I find it easy to simply agree with his opinion as if he had just said a 'fact' simply because it fits with my world view. Arguably though Sinny provides the better format for discussion and an opportunity for me to change my opinion and understand a new world view. Rb baron offers nothing more than what any other poster of the same opinion can offer. It is my opinion that he is as expendable as any common man.
__________________
My body is just a battery for robots.
Grayman is offline  
Old 13th-March-2016, 07:25 PM   #132
zerkalo
.
 
zerkalo's Avatar
 

Join Date: Feb 2015
Location: the Purgatory
Posts: 1,530
windows_98_nt_2000safari
Default Re: how big of a piece of shit am i

yes baby yes...comaneci who? Bilozerchev who? the mental gymnastics in this thread are sth else

grayman it seems to me that u were, like sinny, waiting for an opportunity to flame redbaron and u got that in this thread. go back and read your comments and see how you and others made a big deal out of a non-issue. and i understand mods want to moderate shit-posting, but why do that in a shit thread of all things?
__________________
Have read little and understood less.
zerkalo is offline  
Old 13th-March-2016, 07:29 PM   #133
TBerg
fallen angel who hasn't earned his wings
 
TBerg's Avatar
 

Join Date: Oct 2013
Posts: 2,453
macossafari
Default Re: how big of a piece of shit am i

I can see RB and Sinny both engaging in similar behaviors, using casual means to dismiss the opinions of another poster. This does not mean I equate their other qualities, however. RB is much more elaborate.
__________________
My blog: https://libercolumbia.wordpress.com/

Thinking myself and others out of our own holes.
TBerg is offline  
Old 13th-March-2016, 07:35 PM   #134
Grayman
Me^1
 
Grayman's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: US of A
Posts: 3,959
windows_98_nt_2000safari
Default Re: how big of a piece of shit am i

Quote:
Originally Posted by zerkalo View Post
yes baby yes...comaneci who? Bilozerchev who? the mental gymnastics in this thread are sth else

grayman it seems to me that u were, like sinny, waiting for an opportunity to flame redbaron and u got that in this thread. go back and read your comments and see how you and others made a big deal out of a non-issue. and i understand mods want to moderate shit-posting, but why do that in a shit thread of all things?
I attempted to ask questions before I made accusations. I attempted to give him an out. Shit posting in context of shit posting is fine as RB has argued well. Shit posting another user outside of that context is not fine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zerkalo View Post
and i understand mods want to moderate shit-posting, but why do that in a shit thread of all things?
This is a very valid argument. I believe that Sinny handled RB trolling of her poorly and by trying to prevent herself from looking like a victim that she was she waited for a time she could be viewed as the white knight. But a victim who handles being victimized inappropriately is still a victim and that is why I hold the position that I do. Ideally she would have reported him from the onset. I should have reported him several times when he has trolled several users at various intervals. I think that myself and others take too much time contemplating instead of acting and so we miss out on moments that action would have been appropriate and we end up not doing anything at all.
__________________
My body is just a battery for robots.
Grayman is offline  
Old 13th-March-2016, 07:39 PM   #135
Sinny91
Banned
 

Join Date: May 2015
Location: Birmingham, UK
Posts: 6,314
linuxsafari
Default Re: how big of a piece of shit am i

Thats an interesting perspective Grayman.
Sinny91 is offline  
Old 13th-March-2016, 08:27 PM   #136
Kuu
Now wearing sunglasses at night
 
Kuu's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: In the metaverse
Posts: 3,253
macossafari
Default Re: how big of a piece of shit am i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brontosaurie View Post
You're just jumping at any chance to say some preachy stuff and come off as a sensible, thoughtful guy - treating everyone else like retarded children in the process. This thread was made for playful insults! Everything you've said is contingent on denial of this SIMPLE FACT. Just stop it! Oh, right, you already did. Thank you. Maybe you could be honest about the reason for stopping: How ridiculous and wrong your position was.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brontosaurie View Post
Being falsely accused makes people pissed off




I treat everyone as the intelligent and reasonable individuals I expect them to be. How anyone chooses to reply is entirely their own problem.

My reason for stopping is because we've exhausted the arguments here from both sides, we've determined we're not in agreement, so there's nothing left to say.

I'm pleased to have a fanclub, but I really must go now. It's sunday and I've got other preaching appointments.
__________________
Those people who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do Asimov

Spoiler:
Kuu is offline  
Old 13th-March-2016, 08:52 PM   #137
Reluctantly
yer mum and dad
 
Reluctantly's Avatar
 

Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 2,902
windows_98_nt_2000safari
Default Re: how big of a piece of shit am i

__________________
Reluctantly is offline  
Old 13th-March-2016, 09:21 PM   #138
Brontosaurie
Banned
 

Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 5,650
windows_98_nt_2000safari
Default Re: how big of a piece of shit am i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuu View Post




I treat everyone as the intelligent and reasonable individuals I expect them to be. How anyone chooses to reply is entirely their own problem.

My reason for stopping is because we've exhausted the arguments here from both sides, we've determined we're not in agreement, so there's nothing left to say.

I'm pleased to have a fanclub, but I really must go now. It's sunday and I've got other preaching appointments.
Why are you still talking?

You were wrong from the start. You've been ignoring a critical fact.

You enter a thread where a person teasingly asks to be insulted, and then you make a fuss* about insults having been made in that thread against that person. You're not treating people like "intelligent and reasonable individuals", you are treating them like retarded children who can't be trusted with the mutual decision to exchange some humorous banter. This is no false accusation on my part - you are, unequivocally, doing exactly that.

Incredible arrogance.

*I'm well aware that technically you didn't make the fuss but just validated and perpetuated it, in case that "matters" to you
Brontosaurie is offline  
Old 13th-March-2016, 09:21 PM   #139
Cherry Cola
Banned
 

Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: stockholm
Posts: 3,899
windows_98_nt_2000safari
Default Re: how big of a piece of shit am i

what the fuck is shit

if you want redbaron and bronto to change their attitudes maybe like take that discussion somewhere where their attitude has actually been problematic? and maybe like dont call it herd behavior because its not herd behavior? both bronto and redbaron roll solo, however nasty they may be

how can you be this bad at trying to achieve something...
Cherry Cola is offline  
Old 13th-March-2016, 10:12 PM   #140
Puffy
Demon Alpaca Overlord
 
Puffy's Avatar
 

Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: SOON
Posts: 2,685
macossafari
Default Re: how big of a piece of shit am i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuu View Post
Let's not jump to conclusions. While this thread is a indeed a minor example, it is not an isolated event. Just like RB and Bronto feels he has to loudly call out every example of stupidity he finds, we actually have to call out behaviours that are detrimental according to mods. Flaming (and flame baiting) are unacceptable.

There is a RB issue, just like there is a Sinny issue, and a long standing Bronto issue; and we're trying to find a way to resolve them without the banhammer. We can't have otherwise reasonable people jumping at each other's throats every other week and not say anything about it.

How can we maintain diversity of thought while minimising (moderating) conflict? Suggestions are welcome. A ban is usually the defeat of reason, and the only recourse left when one can't be persuaded with words. We're not there, yet. I'm sure you're aware this whole diplomatic effort could just be abandonded and bunch of people banned and the whole matter pushed under a rug. That would be easy. That would save us a lot of time and energy. We're making an effort here. But will they ever meet us half-way?

I'm done with this thread...
Apologies if I jumped to conclusions ban-wise, I likely misinterpreted a prior post. I know moderation is an exhausting and unrewarding role first-hand, and have nothing against any of you.

I'm unsure if there's any benefit for mods debating these issues in public in depth as its tended to create and fan the flames of division in membership around those who are on the mods side in an issue and those who aren't. The very discussion in public invites and encourages that. It makes it more difficult for mods to fulfill their function as they have to wade through criticism of every minutiae of their role, you not only have to respond to rb but everyone else, and at the end of the day most people only get involved and flame it because its an entertaining distraction. It makes any issue into a bigger deal than it is.

Leaving this thread open just invited rb's detractors to come in and take shots at him (which I thought was unfair as sinny provoked him initially), and creates schism, when really the thread is best closed and mod discussion with rb taken to pm.
__________________

Puffy is offline  
Old 13th-March-2016, 10:59 PM   #141
Blarraun
straightedgy
 

Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: someplace windswept
Posts: 4,124
windows_xp_2003firefox
Default Re: how big of a piece of shit am i

It's useful to see what the community does in such situations. Also it brings the issue to the public and raises awareness of some long-term problems.
Blarraun is offline  
Closed Thread

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Composing a piece for the piano Coolydudey Music 99 23rd-May-2014 09:08 PM
a one piece game for fans!!! pack5642 Gaming 6 22nd-August-2012 12:33 AM
"Missing" a fundamental piece of natural aggression GYX_Kid INTP Archive 12 18th-April-2011 04:25 PM


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 01:05 PM.


Powered by: vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Template-Modifications by TMS

vBulletin Optimisation provided by vB Optimise v2.7.1 (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2017 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
no new posts