Old 7th-April-2009, 04:57 AM   #53
Yozuki

Default Re: The Random Thoughts Thread

Musing - 1 Part Monster+2 Parts Pepsi=Ni

Yozuki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th-April-2009, 10:46 AM   #54
Cegorach

I feel like writing something. Sadly, I have nothing to write about. Thusly I have decided to write about how I have nothing to write about, unfortunately I realized that I now have something to write about.... nothing.
Cegorach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th-April-2009, 06:58 AM   #55
Chronomar
NOPE

Do you think in pictures or words? Or both? What does that mean? Where do you think the voice in your head comes from? I mean...where does it "sound" like it is comming from? Your brain? Is that just because you know you think with your brain? If so...did Egyptians (who thought that they thought with their hearts) think it was 'sounding' from their general heart area? Is it sort of like how we orientate ourselves with all the information we get (sight, sound, balence (which by the way is determined by hairs in liquid in our inner ear)) Did I just use double parenthisies in a sentance!!! Yayyy!

Okay, that "yayyy!" is an example of how the voice you think with in your head can have different tone qualities (ex: loud, sarcastic, scared, etc...) so it is not just a monotonal (I JUST MADE UP THAT WORD!) (and shouted that sentence in my head) thing that can't change. What does that? Does the thought process happen anywhere else but in the normal speach centers? If so, why??????? Does the brain have an idea of itself? Of course it does, or else I wouldn't be able to think about this... Do animals (other than humans) have this same thing (the ability to think about their own brains/area of reasoning/self) if so, which ones? Has that question already been answered? Because somehow, I think it has....why can't I remember? What is 'remembering'? Is the mechanism different in other species? If so, how? Could I ask any more questions? Of course. But I am tired right now and my brain hates me...Is that even POSSIBLE??? What is self-loathing...is the process different from normal loathing? How??? Why??? What function does it serve? Is it a fluke? Fluke is a funny word. Fluke.

This has been an "Almost-One-AM-on-Easter-Break-Rant" Rant.

EDIT: and I didn't even check my spelling. And I know I misspelled some things. I need to fix them. I won't. It would ruin the "rant-ness" of the rant.
Chronomar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th-April-2009, 07:00 AM   #56
Chronomar
NOPE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yozuki View Post
Musing - 1 Part Monster+2 Parts Pepsi=Ni
HOW?????
Chronomar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd-April-2009, 05:36 AM   #57
Nevermind
aus dem nix

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinna View Post
Do you think in pictures or words? Or both? What does that mean? Where do you think the voice in your head comes from? I mean...where does it "sound" like it is comming from? Your brain? Is that just because you know you think with your brain? If so...did Egyptians (who thought that they thought with their hearts) think it was 'sounding' from their general heart area? Is it sort of like how we orientate ourselves with all the information we get (sight, sound, balence (which by the way is determined by hairs in liquid in our inner ear)) Did I just use double parenthisies in a sentance!!! Yayyy!

Okay, that "yayyy!" is an example of how the voice you think with in your head can have different tone qualities (ex: loud, sarcastic, scared, etc...) so it is not just a monotonal (I JUST MADE UP THAT WORD!) (and shouted that sentence in my head) thing that can't change. What does that? Does the thought process happen anywhere else but in the normal speach centers? If so, why??????? Does the brain have an idea of itself? Of course it does, or else I wouldn't be able to think about this... Do animals (other than humans) have this same thing (the ability to think about their own brains/area of reasoning/self) if so, which ones? Has that question already been answered? Because somehow, I think it has....why can't I remember? What is 'remembering'? Is the mechanism different in other species? If so, how? Could I ask any more questions? Of course. But I am tired right now and my brain hates me...Is that even POSSIBLE??? What is self-loathing...is the process different from normal loathing? How??? Why??? What function does it serve? Is it a fluke? Fluke is a funny word. Fluke.

EDIT: and I didn't even check my spelling. And I know I misspelled some things. I need to fix them. I won't. It would ruin the "rant-ness" of the rant.
Woah. That was really interesting to read.
I love weird and abstract thoughts like that, the ones that really make you think and reexamine everything from a new, unique perspective. The ones that come with that eerie, weird, yet fascinating feeling.
Nevermind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd-April-2009, 05:51 AM   #58
brain enclosed in flesh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinna View Post

My cat thinks out loud. It goes, "meow." But my cat also, for some inexplicable reason, has taken up licking our window blinds. Maybe the voice which resides at the base of her tail is telling her to do it. The question is: would it sound like a meow? Or is it Isis, telling her with her heart?

I've also thought of opening a restaurant called, 'N'. I will only serve food which has an 'n' in it's title- Pork 'n' Beans, Pigs 'n' Blankets, Gin 'N' Tonics...

Think it could be pretty trendy.
brain enclosed in flesh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th-June-2014, 12:56 AM   #59
serenesam

macossafari

I love quotes:

“Watch the turtle. He only moves forward by sticking his neck out.” – Lou Gerstner

“Well as giraffes say, you don't get no leaves unless you stick your neck out.” – Sid Waddell

“Behold the turtle. He makes progress only when he sticks his neck out.” - James Bryant Conant

A “collective” mind does not exist. It is merely the sum of endless numbers of individual minds. If we have an endless number of individual minds who are weak, meek, submissive and impotent – who renounce their creative supremacy for the sake of the “whole” and accept humbly that the “whole’s” verdict – we don’t get a collective super-brain. We get only the weak, meek, submissive and impotent collective mind.” – Ayn Rand, The Journals of Ayn Rand

“The larger the group, the more toxic, the more of your beauty as an individual you have to surrender for the sake of group thought. And when you suspend your individual beauty you also give up a lot of your humanity. You will do things in the name of a group that you would never do on your own. Injuring, hurting, killing, drinking are all part of it, because you've lost your identity, because you now owe your allegiance to this thing that's bigger than you are and that controls you.”- George Carlin, Last Words

“We are not supposed to all be the same, feel the same, think the same, and believe the same. The key to continued expansion of our Universe lies in diversity, not in conformity and coercion. Conventionality is the death of creation.” - Anthon St. Maarten, Divine Living: The Essential Guide To Your True Destiny
Old 29th-June-2014, 02:33 AM   #60
peoplesuck
doesnt approve of your life choices

windows_98_nt_2000safari

time travel and three possibilities of it.
1. it is never invented since no-ones come back and shown us.
2. our time isnt interesting enough for them to come back.
3. it is never released to the general public.(obvs)
just a thought.
Old 31st-August-2014, 07:42 PM   #61
serenesam

macossafari

Awesome quotes:

“We love showcasing Willa’s style around here because, to us, she is the definition of Tomboy KC. She pretends like she doesn’t have it going on, but the girl has it going on in more ways than one. Equal parts chic, casual, smart, funny, confident and independent, Willa is basically everything we look for in a friend. This girl knows what’s up.” – Katie Cassidy

“I know I’m pumping her tires, but the truth is the truth. I love her guts… and not just because she sometimes reminds me of myself. Willa is a wonderful friend and the epitome of cool. At the end of the day she’s not afraid to just be Willa, and I love that.” – Katie Cassidy
Old 5th-September-2014, 03:02 PM   #62
NormannTheDoorman
Rice is love. Rice is life.

windows_98_nt_2000safari

I wish to one day create a robotic woman and sing "bicycle built for two"

artificial wombs are also nice
Old 5th-September-2014, 03:06 PM   #63
Jennywocky
Large tracts of fivehead

windows_98_nt_2000ie

New hit song lyrics: "A womb with a view, on a bicycle built for two..."

Yeah, that was random.
Old 5th-September-2014, 07:04 PM   #64
Helvete
ironshirt

macossafari

What happens if you have a child and decide not to give it a name?

Sent from my GT-S5839i using Tapatalk 2
Helvete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th-September-2014, 07:37 PM   #65
Minuend
pat pat

windows_98_nt_2000firefox

In Norway, I think you can get a fine if you don't name it within 6 months of birth. I don't know if that has changed recently, though.

(well, the time before the ticket arrives might be a bit longer, as at 6 months you will probably get a reminder and maybe a new deadline)
Minuend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th-September-2014, 07:42 PM   #66
Blarraun
straightedgy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Helvete View Post
What happens if you have a child and decide not to give it a name?

Sent from my GT-S5839i using Tapatalk 2
Johan Liebert, there is some exploration of this in the manga/anime monster.
Blarraun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd-September-2014, 06:42 PM   #67
serenesam

macossafari

“We all want a sweet, nice, joyful, feminine woman who treats her man like a King.” – Victor Pride

Source: http://boldanddetermined.com/2012/01...he-right-wife/
Old 25th-September-2014, 08:06 PM   #68
serenesam

macossafari

"People whose HMGA2 gene held a letter “C” instead of a “T” at a specific location on the gene possessed larger brains and scored more highly on standardized IQ tests."

Source: http://newobserveronline.com/leftist...-intelligence/
Old 18th-October-2014, 06:47 PM   #69
serenesam

macossafari

Fascinating video:

" title="YouTube" target="_blank">YouTube
Old 18th-October-2014, 08:18 PM   #70
serenesam

macossafari

“[The] new world order is a place where men are discriminated against, forced into a hostile environment in school and later in college, and held in contempt by society. Maybe there is no incentive to grow up anymore. It used to be that being a grown-up, responsible man was rewarded with respect, power and deference. Now, not so much.” – Dr. Helen Smith, forensic psychologist

Source: http://insider.foxnews.com/2013/06/2...american-dream
http://dalrock.wordpress.com/2013/06...ing-the-mound/
Old 18th-October-2014, 08:44 PM   #71
J-man
alpha and omega

linuxubuntufirefox

Fuck you, INTPs. I haven't masturbated in 17 days and I am pissed.
J-man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th-October-2014, 10:23 PM   #72
riptide4
Redshirt

windows_98_nt_2000safari

Is perfect and boring synonymous? Would that make a God boring and therefore inferior to humanity? Otherwise, is boredom what humanity should strive for? After all, it is common for people to get bored of something they are proficient in. Perhaps boredom is the point of life, which is depressing and bleak.
riptide4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd-November-2014, 10:38 AM   #73
OrLevitate
Banned

windows_vistasafari

"Remember who you are." She whipped out the scissors, and they reflected the blood red sheen of the hairdryer near the mirror.
"I know who I am, I'm getting my hair cut, that's who I am."
*snip snip*
"Remember who you are."
"I.. those eyes in the mirror, they're, what's that entity, in the mirror?"
*snip snip*
"Remember who you are."
"The mirror? I'm the mirror, I... I identify not with that entity, I am the mirror..."
*snip snip*
"Remember who you are."
"I? I, the mirror, it looks at all of us, I, what is that there, in the mirror? Is it me? Me is not it, I'm not..."
*snip snip*
"Remember who you are."
--------------
*hands her cash*
*Walks out of hairdresser, kills himself*

Depersonalization at the Hairdresser, a work by Oreo Levitorius
OrLevitate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd-November-2014, 02:48 PM   #74
vladmirus
Anti-Conventionalist

I just realised ..... No, its still fake.

The best joke I have ever thought of, until I think of something new....
Old 26th-November-2014, 06:15 PM   #75
serenesam

macossafari

Matthew Barnes of the University of Chicago says it’s pricier by a factor of 10 for men to get sex regularly through marriage than to hire a prostitute on a regular basis. Behind the huge gap are the long-term costs associated with marriage—mortgage, college, groceries, vacations, clothes—that don’t apply to a weekly fling with a prostitute.

“There’s more to marriage than just sex, but strictly from an economics standpoint, if the primary reason that men marry is to have a steady outlet for sex, then they’re much better off just having sex with a prostitute, says Barnes, lead author of a study that appears this month in Economics Journal.

Source: http://thedailyindignity.com/2014/03...over-20-years/
Old 26th-November-2014, 08:15 PM   #76
peoplesuck
doesnt approve of your life choices

windows_98_nt_2000safari

if somebody is drowning or choking, you help them. But you only help them because you will feel bad if they die, so isnt kindness just selfishness that helps someone else ?
Old 26th-November-2014, 10:16 PM   #77
vladmirus
Anti-Conventionalist

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheese View Post
I often have urges to scream nonsense at the top of my voice.

Goggleberries! BIG FAT HUMPING GORILLAS. Filthy addle-patted mummers. I am a frog! You are a twerptwat.

Also: as you walk across from one side of the room to the other, you're WALKING THROUGH TIME! Or alongside it, anyway. How awesome is that!!!
I do scream absolute doggerel at the top of my voice, I might even work in a joke or two.

P.S. also, if you sit completely still you are still moving through space (or alongside it,or whatever the next theory is) as the earth is moving at an immense velocity, it all depends on your point of reference. (gee the complications are making my head ache!)
Old 3rd-December-2014, 03:31 AM   #78
Mordecai
Nostalgic Time Transcender

windows_98_nt_2000safari

The speed of darkness is, in essence, the speed of light, although not really, as darkness is merely a lack of light

"Confusing time with mathematical progression, as old do, to whom all the past is not a diminishing road but, instead, a huge meadow which no winter ever quite touches"
-A Rose for Emily
Mordecai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd-December-2014, 03:37 AM   #79
Mordecai
Nostalgic Time Transcender

windows_98_nt_2000safari

I've also written 9 pages of purely my stream of thoughts, if anyone is interested I'll post them. I'd recommend it to anyone and everyone, as I reached this overwhelmingly interesting state where I was acutely aware of the fact that I had decided what I would write three sentences before I wrote it. the thoughts would overlay each other and file out one by one. Fascinating stuff.

"Confusing time with mathematical progression, as old do, to whom all the past is not a diminishing road but, instead, a huge meadow which no winter ever quite touches"
-A Rose for Emily
Mordecai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th-December-2014, 11:16 PM   #80
serenesam

macossafari

"While technically not called The Blue Zen Brain, it does capture the essence of a calm mind. Dominant introverted intuitive personality types, specifically the INFJ and INTJ are the most likely to achieve this state. Not only do they achieve this state when they engage in an area of expertise, they also show this pattern when tackling an unfamiliar, novel problem and or envisioning the future. All areas of the neocortex are called to action to realize an answer. The answer is often complex and difficult to explain." - Ann Holm

Source: http://www.annholm.net/2011/11/the-b...rain-infjintj/
Old 15th-December-2014, 11:37 PM   #81
serenesam

macossafari

Dear Seven Homeless People That Died,

You did not “choose” to be homeless and to die.

Rest in peace.

Source: http://thinkprogress.org/economy/201...meless-deaths/

Dear 28 Men And 5 Women With The Average Age Of 56,

You did not “choose” to be homeless and to die.

Rest in peace.

Source: http://www.mercurynews.com/bay-area-...omeless-deaths
Old 19th-December-2014, 08:06 PM   #82
serenesam

macossafari

What’s so funny are these pictures featured in the Youtube video “The Sixteen Types: ESFJ” by Michael Pierce (skip to 9 minutes and 40 seconds):

Old 20th-December-2014, 07:10 PM   #83
serenesam

macossafari

Stand Up - Short Film By Asian Boss:

Old 20th-December-2014, 10:16 PM   #84
Anktark
of the swarm

windows_xp_2003firefox

Quote:
Originally Posted by serenesam View Post
Stand Up - Short Film By Asian Boss:
Romance is great, but he should have grabbed his papers and laptop before leaving. Or was it another metaphor for change?
Anktark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th-December-2014, 05:25 PM   #85
serenesam

macossafari

Yeah, keep paying all those white women lots of money to make your videos. I also like how you edit out all the rejection scenes.

Want fucking proof? Just walking into a college classroom full of students and ask all the women if they have a boyfriend, husband, significant other, a so, a man, or a someone in their life. Virtually everyone is going to raise their hands if not all of them.

Old 27th-December-2014, 09:48 PM   #86
serenesam

macossafari

Go Nick Peterson!

Old 28th-December-2014, 03:48 AM   #87
nearfantastica

If you lie down, you can disappear altogether.

I want to do something worthwhile. Which makes me think of this:

Old 28th-December-2014, 04:34 AM   #88
Frankie

unknownsafari

A rather comical thought... Marriage is like an atom in the Nobel gas phase. It's so happy with it's configuration that it can't afford to take another electron or lose the one it already has...
Frankie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th-December-2014, 04:38 AM   #89
Frankie

unknownsafari

Marriage is like the fertilization of an egg by a sperm (I know). Once one sperm enters the egg, the millions outside become trivial (even the ones closest to the egg).

PS: On rare occasions, two or more sperms can fertilize an egg at once, that's why we have twins and polygamists!

Oh, and abortion can also be likened to divorce!
Frankie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th-December-2014, 06:52 PM   #90
serenesam

macossafari

Stardusk Rape An Evolutionary Perspective:

Old 29th-December-2014, 12:42 AM   #91
QuickTwist
tsuj a notelpmis

windows_98_nt_2000safari

Funny that I created a thread just like this and it got closed.

Also, open minds, open hearts; that is my contribution to this thread.
Old 29th-December-2014, 07:03 PM   #92
serenesam

macossafari

Why do some people who claim to be Intuitives can't differentiate between proximate causes and ultimate causes? Why do they keep focusing on proximate causes? Are they simply just too arrogant that they think they can defeat the all-mighty powerful variable/factor of time?
Old 30th-December-2014, 12:52 AM   #93
QuickTwist
tsuj a notelpmis

windows_98_nt_2000safari

Quote:
Originally Posted by serenesam View Post
Why do some people who claim to be Intuitives can't differentiate between proximate causes and ultimate causes? Why do they keep focusing on proximate causes? Are they simply just too arrogant that they think they can defeat the all-mighty powerful variable/factor of time?
I'm too stupid to understand what that means. please explain.
Old 30th-December-2014, 01:24 AM   #94
The Grey Man

windows_98_nt_2000safari

Quote:
Originally Posted by QuickTwist View Post
I'm too stupid to understand what that means. please explain.
No you're not. Concepts are often complicated or obscured by nomenclature. Happens to me all the time.

How did the water get on the floor? We can say that:
  1. Nancy spilled it (proximate, or immediate, cause); or
  2. Nancy wasn't paying attention (ultimate cause).

Then we can ask why Nancy wasn't paying attention, and so on until something happens for for no discernible reason (beginning of everything).

Spoiler:
If you want to get really particular:
  1. The water was accelerated toward the floor by unbalanced forces (proximate).
  2. Things are (ultimate).
The Grey Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th-December-2014, 01:31 AM   #95
QuickTwist
tsuj a notelpmis

windows_98_nt_2000safari

No really I prefer to be stupid because apparently there are less problems that way.
Old 1st-January-2015, 07:21 PM   #96
serenesam

macossafari

“…..nobody was ever on my team. And I did this all myself……And I feel like I'm an outsider, and I got here by myself, and I did this all by myself……Rachel never wanted to be my partner……Never once did you say, you know I'm gonna stick it out for your sake, Nick. I had to bring it up. You wanted to do it for Michael. You were on the phone with Michael. You wanted to see Michael. And you know how bad it sucks when you're in the final competition to sing together and you tell me that 'if Michael and I were to be in this competition together, we'd win this for sure.' But I was your partner. You sure did, and so I decided to keep……." – Nick Peterson, winner of the reality show Bachelor Pad 3

Source:
http://www.wetpaint.com/the-bachelor...ver-on-my-team
http://www.examiner.com/article/bach...ey-for-himself
Old 2nd-January-2015, 09:57 AM   #97
QuickTwist
tsuj a notelpmis

windows_98_nt_2000safari

If the point can't be seen, does that make it subliminal messaging?
Old 2nd-January-2015, 11:45 AM   #98
Direwolf

macossafari

Can a blind man see his dreams?
-Dylan Thomas
Direwolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd-January-2015, 07:37 PM   #99
QuickTwist
tsuj a notelpmis

windows_98_nt_2000safari

Yada yada yada, sentimental bullshit.
Old 2nd-January-2015, 11:12 PM   #100
QuickTwist
tsuj a notelpmis

windows_98_nt_2000safari

If a tree falls over in someones yard, does it ruin the house?

On a serious note, I have no idea where my life is headed.